ADVERTISEMENT

Pens -- JAN 2020

Murray stands tall......and frankly, the Pens leveled the ice a bit in the last 5 minutes (versus the previous 5 where they were going totally backward).

Reactions: torontoeers
Well they made it interesting!
I know many of us including myself have said when was the last time he stole one, he always seems to do just enough. Today 30 stole this one IMO. Good to see.... I feel pretty darn comfortable no matter who is in the cage down the stretch here.

Reactions: COOL MAN
Hey t, how do you watch these NBC network telecasts on Sunday......on Center Ice, or are they picked up by some cable/satellite broadcaster ??

If it's an NBC Sunday telecast it's on regular sat/cable 95% of the time. Today it was on my regular Satellite feed.

So, you have an NBC affiliate/channel that's available on your satellite ?? Just wondering how TV works up in your area of the universe.....curious if you have Dish/Direct TV service, or else some Canadian equivalent.

Just read that Steve Kreider is out with a concussion.....if it's of ANY severity, then their grand plan of train-robbing someone at the deadline would seem to be in question. And frankly, I'd LOVE if that happened to them given how much has gone right for them since their rebuild got underway.

So, you have an NBC affiliate/channel that's available on your satellite ?? Just wondering how TV works up in your area of the universe.....curious if you have Dish/Direct TV service, or else some Canadian equivalent.
My local provider Bell (it's either them or Rogers ripping people off up in these parts), simply picks up the US feed. Sometimes with US commercials sometimes they supplant them for Canuck ones. Speaking of which the commercials tonight...we for a few years got the US ones, which pretty much everyone jumped for joy over, but now the CRTC has decided to step in and run the Cdn ones instead again, which has some in an uproar...not sure how that whole deal shook or shakes out now...
Long and short is if it's on NBC I do get it. For another example I get 'local' NBC news through Bell however for some idiotic reason Bell picks up the Boston feed meanwhile the other provider Rogers picks up the Buffalo one, which obviously imo makes a helluva lot more sense. I also get your National News on all the major networks...

Btw...last night went exceptionally well for your Petes! Blew the DeGenerates out of the old barn :smiley:...team looked lightning fast and hit everything in sight combined with some solid netminding in comparison which is good. They were on a 5 game slide after ripping it up all season so this win was needed vs those pricks.
It was Pink In The Rink night which gained $88,000 for the cause...pretty good for a crowd (sellout) of 4100.
You'll probably recognize a few of these guys from the banners in the rafters lol...two of em representing Black and Gold in a pretty fine way years back.
JsKIDl4r.jpg

Q3aJPTDr.jpg

Btw...last night went exceptionally well for your Petes! Blew the DeGenerates out of the old barn :smiley:...team looked lightning fast and hit everything in sight combined with some solid netminding in comparison which is good. They were on a 5 game slide after ripping it up all season so this win was needed vs those pricks.
It was Pink In The Rink night which gained $88,000 for the cause...pretty good for a crowd (sellout) of 4100.
You'll probably recognize a few of these guys from the banners in the rafters lol...two of em representing Black and Gold in a pretty fine way years back.
JsKIDl4r.jpg

Q3aJPTDr.jpg

I didn't know any of those guys were Petes; but, in particular, Scotty B.....Mickey R.....and Stevie Y. I admittedly tend to think of the team in the context of the Staal boys, which obviously ain't too long ago.

Meanwhile, did you see the Dallandrea kid won OHL1st Star again for last week (1/27) ??

Is Murray back? I’m trying to finish a massive project and only watched the last 5 mins or so?
He was lights out good imo, several stellar saves, he legit stole this one, which doesn't often happen...that's 6 W's in a row, and no matter the competition this bodes well for us. I have no problem seeing either him or Jars in the net down the stretch here.... times are good....

I didn't know any of those guys were Petes; but, in particular, Scotty B.....Mickey R.....and Stevie Y. I admittedly tend to think of the team in the context of the Staal boys, which obviously ain't too long ago.

Meanwhile, did you see the Dallandrea kid won OHL1st Star again for last week (1/27) ??
He's on fire, which is awesome, and I hope we see him in the O finals vs the Petes.
Some others you may or may not know that played for both Maroon and White and Black and Gold....
Greg Millen, Ron Tugnutt, Steve Downie, Stan 'Bulldog' Johnathon, and everybody's fave colour man Bob Errey was on Stevie Y's line from 80-83, in fact I think Bob lead the O in scoring in 83. Oh and fun fact 99 played 3 games for the Petes as an emergency call up from a midget team I believe...scored points but never recorded a goal.

In saying all this Jordon was my fave...I remember watching him with the Petes and was ecstatic when he became a Pen. Gronk was,.... when in both of the aforementioned colours imo a beast.

Last edited:
Reading the next day accounts of the game, sounds like Wilson was pretty POd in the post game; presumably because he thought they deserved to win. I assume that means he'll be in full scale Terminator mode in the rematch.

Reading the next day accounts of the game, sounds like Wilson was pretty POd in the post game; presumably because he thought they deserved to win. I assume that means he'll be in full scale Terminator mode in the rematch.
Oh my gosh! :scream:....is their no way this man can get some justice??? Everybody is out to get him and his saintly mates all the time. Unacceptable!!!
XZa.gif

ADVERTISEMENT