ADVERTISEMENT

Pens -- NOV 2019

Well...I walked away and in 10 mins it went from 8 to 23 shots and a goal? Something good is happening....McCann with 6 of em and a goal? I like this kid...Brass for McCann...yep! All day long...

In fact as per previous post it amazes me still the ones that want to burn GMJR at the stake...if anything he is at least one that is not afraid to admit he made a mistake when wheeling/dealing... he has won at least as many deals as lost, if not more. Oh and their are those 2 Cups...

Well...I walked away and in 10 mins it went from 8 to 23 shots and a goal? Something good is happening....McCann with 6 of em and a goal? I like this kid...Brass for McCann...yep! All day long...

pens found their legs so far this period. didn't do much on an early pp.

Reactions: torontoeers
In fact as per previous post it amazes me still the ones that want to burn GMJR at the stake...if anything he is at least one that is not afraid to admit he made a mistake when wheeling/dealing... he has won at least as many deals as lost, if not more. Oh and their are those 2 Cups...

I think they have a dam good team this year if they can ever get healthy. no issues here.

I think they have a dam good team this year if they can ever get healthy. no issues here.
That always seems to be the mantra , the health, season long, doesnt it....I agree, if full roster with the additions to plug back and forth from farm , this is a good to very good hockey team. I'd love to see a pick up with some serious pushback still up front (like Colby Armstrong who I'm watching on my broadcast tonight), and better play between the pipes, although I am hopeful the latter will sort itself.

Pens definitely had 5 skaters on the ice just in advance of the pass to Jake, though Yuk and Marino were clearly at the bench (and weren't in the play). But if it's all about the sheer number of bodies on the ice, Pens got a gigantic break from the stripes.

But as I see it.......if somebody has to get a break like that, might just as well be MY team.

Pens definitely had 5 skaters on the ice just in advance of the pass to Jake, though Yuk and Marino were clearly at the bench (and weren't in the play). But if it's all about the sheer number of bodies on the ice, Pens got a gigantic break from the stripes.

But as I see it.......if somebody has to get a break like that, might just as well be MY team.
YES...AND OWED...PAID. However being that at least Yuk and to my eyes Marino too were well away from the play, I see the no call.

YES...AND OWED...PAID. However being that at least Yuk and to my eyes Marino too were well away from the play, I see the no call.

While Yuk and Marino's backs were clearly to the play, the puck was right behind them as they left the ice......based on what I saw, I'd therefore have to respectfully disagree with your assessment. Happily, it doesn't matter either way.

While Yuk and Marino's backs were clearly to the play, the puck was right behind them as they left the ice......based on what I saw, I'd therefore have to respectfully disagree with your assessment. Happily, it doesn't matter either way.
It is a judgment call...I would not have complained the call if made, and yes happily one went our way for a change...

Reactions: COOL MAN
It is a judgment call...I would not have complained the call if made, and yes happily one went our way for a change...

For the record, Matt Barnaby almost got into a shouting match with Steve Kouleas on NHLN Radio yesterday regarding that no-call......Kouleas thought it was CLEARLY too-many-men, while Barnaby thought he was nuts (because this kind of situation happens all the time). To me, it sounds like an issue of how the rule is interpreted, which l myself STILL don't understand.

For the record, Matt Barnaby almost got into a shouting match with Steve Kouleas on NHLN Radio yesterday regarding that no-call......Kouleas thought it was CLEARLY too-many-men, while Barnaby thought he was nuts (because this kind of situation happens all the time). To me, it sounds like an issue of how the rule is interpreted, which l myself STILL don't understand.

I miss barnaby. dang.

Ok...what do you guys think on this Calgary, Peter's thingy? From my end at the moment it looks like a he said / he said situation. In regards to this beating up on his guys verbally over the years, it happens. Been there done that got the t shirt with a few of my coaches in the past as a teenage punk, and really it was part of the game and I get it. Not sure what experiences any of you had there, but if so I imagine similar.
If it's true that Peters was dropping several N bombs on the kid? Well I'd say that definitely crosses a pretty big line imo. He is still an employee almost 48 hrs later so either they are dithering huge or being awfully careful with due diligence...
League wants an official interview with him now, so on it goes I guess for time being...

Ok...what do you guys think on this Calgary, Peter's thingy? From my end at the moment it looks like a he said / he said situation. In regards to this beating up on his guys verbally over the years, it happens. Been there done that got the t shirt with a few of my coaches in the past as a teenage punk, and really it was part of the game and I get it. Not sure what experiences any of you had there, but if so I imagine similar.
If it's true that Peters was dropping several N bombs on the kid? Well I'd say that definitely crosses a pretty big line imo. He is still an employee almost 48 hrs later so either they are dithering huge or being awfully careful with due diligence...
League wants an official interview with him now, so on it goes I guess for time being...

what are you talking about/

Just read that Tanner Pearson is having a decent year (5-7-12 in 25 games) for the Canucks.......meanwhile, it's Murray in the cage tonight.

I freely admit I've NEVER been a fan of Peters personally since his Canes days. I always found him to be a smug, humorless asshole Western Canadian who thinks he's smarter than everyone else in the room, especially down in Raleigh (which may have been the case). For that reason, I frankly don't care if he gets sacrificed, though I admit I'm not bananas about bringing up such long-ago behavior.

Of course, this is the kind of thing his opponents try to do with Trump......which I happen to endorse in his case, because I'll NEVER give him an even break.

Of course, this is the kind of thing his opponents try to do with Trump......which I happen to endorse in his case, because I'll NEVER give him an even break.

this is the least surprising thing I have ever read.

I freely admit I've NEVER been a fan of Peters personally since his Canes days. I always found him to be a smug, humorless asshole Western Canadian who thinks he's smarter than everyone else in the room, especially down in Raleigh (which may have been the case). For that reason, I frankly don't care if he gets sacrificed, though I admit I'm not bananas about bringing up such long-ago behavior.

Me either in regards to the past...however if he's dropping multiple N bombs? Geez that's pretty bad. Maybe he's a changed guy now I dunno...

this is the least surprising thing I have ever read.
How did I know it would go political...I should know better lol...doh!!! Alright, let's beat these Canuck asshats tonight, keep it rollin.

How did I know it would go political...I should know better lol...doh!!! Alright, let's beat these Canuck asshats tonight, keep it rollin.

all of these cases are political. no way around it.

you can dress in black face and lead the country up there but you can't be a hockey coach or commentator. lol

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT