ADVERTISEMENT

Pens -- NOV 2019

I give that Kieko **** and Torts credit...they both draft and breed the dirt ball mentality....till it blows up in their collective faces come playoff time...if they get there...

Reactions: COOL MAN
OT as far as football 7-8 wins next year and we turn the corner in year 3
I agree. I think Doege needs to improve on his accuracy, and if Kendall is back then maybe with a healthy hand he can make something of it? I look forward to seeing if Brown can latch onto his own Commit QB. That is important imo. I believe he has the tools to get things straightened out on the recruiting trail. This D also really surprised me a bit this year, they were gamers with all the transfers, proud of them.
FYI fun fact from us hockey players up here....we have transfer Canuck Alonzo Addae next year at Safety/Corner. He is the real deal/ athlete and played for my high school rival St Mary's in Pickering Ont Canada. I get my Canuck starter on D next year. Been waiting awhile for that...happy!

Reactions: ColoradoMountaineer
Anyone ready for GMJR to do whatever it takes to recall Casey? To my eyes Jarry is the same as Murray at this particular point, not stealing or even simply winning games. He is NOT the answer. Get him up here and do it stat, I don't care about who or what or where you have to do Jimmy. It's not working, and you have a guy who has been there able to stop a puck fairly consistently. Adjust the payroll...make it happen.

Anyone ready for GMJR to do whatever it takes to recall Casey? To my eyes Jarry is the same as Murray at this particular point, not stealing or even simply winning games. He is NOT the answer. Get him up here and do it stat, I don't care about who or what or where you have to do Jimmy. It's not working, and you have a guy who has been there able to stop a puck fairly consistently. Adjust the payroll...make it happen.

Before I jump off the current Jarry bandwagon, I'd like to see him play another game as a starter. He obviously didn't do anything last night to generate continuing confidence; but I don't see his team did much to help. Arguably the 2nd best player (currently) on the roster was the latest new missed-game injury, and THE best regressed last night to the blah mode we saw last year.

Need to shove memories of that game into the dumpster quick, because they're going to need clear heads (and a fair amount more discipline) if they expect to leave St Louis tonight with even a single point. Back to Jarry for a moment, I do worry the hot streak he's been riding has finally cooled......which HAD to happen sometime.....and he reverts back to the fringe prospect he's been the last 3 years.

Reactions: torontoeers
Puck drop coming up......don't forget the Blues are a BIG team; something which typically gives the Pens a lot of trouble.

Thought the Guins actually played a pretty decent period.......not sure the Blues had a SOG in the last 10 minutes of the period. But they get the seeing eye shot from Faulk first. While the Pens ARE skating pretty well, they're having a terrible time generating scoring chances; Binnington will be tough to beat unless they can find a way to get to his net.

They're REALLY going to need Malkin tonight, I think.

Lafferty looking like a serious goal scorer on that one.....and MAN, he turned on the jets versus Pens reject Pouliot.

Shit, Pens outskating/outplaying the Blues for the first 15 minutes of the 2nd before some young Blues scrub knocks one out of the friggin air from about the top of the circles toward the goal that Murray evidently couldn't be asked to save......

19 SOG by the Pens in the 2nd.....but the Blues maintain their lead because of what i thought was a softee. The injury to Dumo will presumably get bigger as the 3rd progresses.

Blues score 2 goals on 4 shots...... both were more legitimate than the first two. Still, 4-1 Blues; unfortunately, Pens aren't found to score 6 in the 3rd tonight.

Schwartz answers Letang's goal on the PP......5-2 Blues, and we're not playing the Canucks tonight, Auntie Em.....

Murray is softer than baby poo. Last 10 appearances his save percentage is .846.

I am starting to wonder if pens don’t need to start looking for a goalie of the future. Murray has been mediocre since sometime in the 17-18 season. He is been pitiful at times too. Jarry and DeSmith are inconsistent at best. None of the three are winning a cup in the near future that is for sure.

I am starting to wonder if pens don’t need to start looking for a goalie of the future. Murray has been mediocre since sometime in the 17-18 season. He is been pitiful at times too. Jarry and DeSmith are inconsistent at best. None of the three are winning a cup in the near future that is for sure.

I've obviously never been one to give Murray too much of the benefit of the doubt since his career started going sideways; but his inconsistent play......as much as it bothers me......more than anything else, simply puzzles me.

Not sure whether (behind the scenes) he's just not a very hard worker, or perhaps he's one of those unusual cases where he simply topped out in his first couple years. From an obvious distance, he's been striking me this year as a goaltender who sometimes loses focus. I also wonder if he simply took maximum advantage of a better Penguins defense......and forward group, for that matter......during the Cup years than he's playing behind these days.

Meanwhile, I just don't want to be reduced to someone who simply bitches and moans when things happen negatively to a team dealing with injury problems this silly. Maybe, at the end of the day, the fundamental reality is that Murray is simply a piece of a greater whole, rather than the true cornerstone we all figure his resume indicates.

I frankly don't think this team is among, say, the top 3 or 4 legitimate Cup contenders like the Blues, Craps, and Broons. But I do think it's solidly in the next group when manned with its entire roster.....which regrettably, may not be too often this entire season......and a #1 goaltender (who at his best, may be good but really isn't great) who minimizes his mistakes.

Ankle surgery (to repair torn tendons) reported for Dumoulin this morning.......bye bye for the next 2 months [crying]

I've obviously never been one to give Murray too much of the benefit of the doubt since his career started going sideways; but his inconsistent play......as much as it bothers me......more than anything else, simply puzzles me.

Not sure whether (behind the scenes) he's just not a very hard worker, or perhaps he's one of those unusual cases where he simply topped out in his first couple years. From an obvious distance, he's been striking me this year as a goaltender who sometimes loses focus. I also wonder if he simply took maximum advantage of a better Penguins defense......and forward group, for that matter......during the Cup years than he's playing behind these days.

Meanwhile, I just don't want to be reduced to someone who simply bitches and moans when things happen negatively to a team dealing with injury problems this silly. Maybe, at the end of the day, the fundamental reality is that Murray is simply a piece of a greater whole, rather than the true cornerstone we all figure his resume indicates.

I frankly don't think this team is among, say, the top 3 or 4 legitimate Cup contenders like the Blues, Craps, and Broons. But I do think it's solidly in the next group when manned with its entire roster.....which regrettably, may not be too often this entire season......and a #1 goaltender (who at his best, may be good but really isn't great) who minimizes his mistakes.
Fyi asked the neighbor last night, top notch goalie back in the day and a Pens fan...he has always liked Murray, but said 'it is plain to see he is overcompensating for the glove now, and encourages him to STOP it. Give up the glove, they know it's a weak spot like many others in the game as they are shooting for the L or R side of head. Concentrate on what makes your game good'....he is not concentrating on what is good about his game imo and it is showing in spades....
He has always gone hot and cold, gotta hope he gets hot again I guess. No other hope imo, Casey could be a decent stopgap but of course we can't afford to have him up...sigh...

Fyi asked the neighbor last night, top notch goalie back in the day and a Pens fan...he has always liked Murray, but said 'it is plain to see he is overcompensating for the glove now, and encourages him to STOP it. Give up the glove, they know it's a weak spot like many others in the game as they are shooting for the L or R side of head. Concentrate on what makes your game good'....he is not concentrating on what is good about his game imo and it is showing in spades....
He has always gone hot and cold, gotta hope he gets hot again I guess. No other hope imo, Casey could be a decent stopgap but of course we can't afford to have him up...sigh...

Really interesting overall perspective.....what makes it so compelling personally is my uneducated belief that MM's glove hand actually has improved this season (while his ability to stop the puck in a general sense has clearly declined).

Today's brand new bad news according to PHN; Hornqvist LBI in todays practice after a fall.....currently under medical evaluation. Meanwhile, Rusty is being called day-to-day with his LBI, while Schultz reportedly is "close to returning to practice"

Appears the Pens have signed WB/S forward Stefan Noesen (14-8-22 in 22 games this season) to a 2-way/$700K deal......making him first choice to fill Horndog's spot if/when he's declared officially to be out of the lineup. Correspondingly, Blandisi has been waived; though he can reportedly remain with the team (along with Noesen) if he clears, and dress if both Horndog and Rusty remain out of the lineup.

Noesen is 26 and has played 154 games with Anaheim and Jersey; currently he's #2 in the AHL in goals scored.

Appears the Pens have signed WB/S forward Stefan Noesen (14-8-22 in 22 games this season) to a 2-way/$700K deal......making him first choice to fill Horndog's spot if/when he's declared officially to be out of the lineup. Correspondingly, Blandisi has been waived; though he can reportedly remain with the team (along with Noesen) if he clears, and dress if both Horndog and Rusty remain out of the lineup.

Noesen is 26 and has played 154 games with Anaheim and Jersey; currently he's #2 in the AHL in goals scored.
He seems to be a late bloomer for sure...seemed to latch on with Jersey for a bit, so will be interesting to see what he can bring. I notice he is from 'Plano, Texas' obviously not a hockey hotbed but it got my brain turning...I remember a football starting Mountaineer a few years back was from there (hell there was probably more than one), was it Sky? Lambert? Those were my first couple guesses....anyway, whatever...

Really interesting overall perspective.....what makes it so compelling personally is my uneducated belief that MM's glove hand actually has improved this season (while his ability to stop the puck in a general sense has clearly declined).
Let me know ...and the rest of ya's thoughts on the question posed to kick off the Dec thread....could 'we' manage to land him? :popcorn:

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT