ADVERTISEMENT

Pens -- JAN 2020

The Tanger interview with his spawn Alex...if it didn't get ya in the feels there is something wrong with ya... @Irwineer2 ??? :wink:..... he's always different yet imo pretty good in the interviews....

Yeah, it WAS a nice piece.

Alex is obviously a cute kid.......of course, why wouldn't that be the case with parents as beautiful as his......but being that age with the gift of gab (and bilingual too, as I assume the Letang household would be predominantly French-speaking) with a mic in his face is pretty unique. He's also a touch precocious......something I typically don't like......but as an otherwise spoiled kid, I think he came off as surprisingly fun.

So THERE'S my uninformed sociological assessment (which of course, nobody asked for)....... :confused:

Reactions: torontoeers
EPK2k_9X4AAaZct
EPK2lAcU0AEKN_V

New 5 year $20.125 million deal for Pettersson.....pretty nice raise, and largely in line with those first big contracts the team paid to Maatta and Dumo coming out of their entry level deals.

New 5 year $20.125 million deal for Pettersson.....pretty nice raise, and largely in line with those first big contracts the team paid to Maatta and Dumo coming out of their entry level deals.
I dont mind this deal...other than the FACT this guy has NO SHOT whatsoever. In fact it's pathetic his every attempt. Needs to work on that any way he can.

Not that it should matter , however it will to some, both are capable. Who gets the start tomorrow in the cage? With all this hoopla around who is #1 that I've been seeing last few weeks, recent stats dictate this is actually a difficult decision for Sully. With a week off you would think you go immediate to your #1. Jarry lost the last one vs the Cryers although I can't hang that one on him with zero O support.
Long short is I really feel we have a legit tandem here based on mulling over the stats....how does the guy that sits take the minor snub, and do they both relish the competition? There is no wrong choice imo, let's hope they can both push down the stretch here, we will need BOTH.

Whomever gets the knod knows somebody is breathing down their neck...and has huge incentive to win. Good times.

Reactions: COOL MAN
Not that it should matter , however it will to some, both are capable. Who gets the start tomorrow in the cage? With all this hoopla around who is #1 that I've been seeing last few weeks, recent stats dictate this is actually a difficult decision for Sully. With a week off you would think you go immediate to your #1. Jarry lost the last one vs the Cryers although I can't hang that one on him with zero O support.
Long short is I really feel we have a legit tandem here based on mulling over the stats....how does the guy that sits take the minor snub, and do they both relish the competition? There is no wrong choice imo, let's hope they can both push down the stretch here, we will need BOTH.

Whomever gets the knod knows somebody is breathing down their neck...and has huge incentive to win. Good times.

crazy to even ponder whats going to happen down the road with the pens goaltending situation. some folks around town have even guessed that murray will be traded this summer.

as for who gets the start? I'd go back to MM to see if the refresh helped him think about losing his job.

with the emergence of marino he becomes an asset they could move...
Have you managed to get out on the pond this winter at all? Our lake can't seem to get a consistent freeze. Right now it's between 4-8 inches in various spots, and a bit slushy most days. Supposed to have a tourney out there next weekend, and with the predicted weather looks it a little dicey....hasn't been a good solid stretch of cold all winter...

Have you managed to get out on the pond this winter at all? Our lake can't seem to get a consistent freeze. Right now it's between 4-8 inches in various spots, and a bit slushy most days. Supposed to have a tourney out there next weekend, and with the predicted weather looks it a little dicey....hasn't been a good solid stretch of cold all winter...

hell no, its barely been below freezing here. I bet we will finally get winter in march.

Per DK, it's Jarry tonight.....and Schultzie.....but no Tricky Nicky (that's 32 in a row for those of us keeping count).....nor Kahun (skating but not practicing).

Oh, and the 4th line.....Turbo/Teddy/ZAR are now being called the 3rd line......consists of Agozzino centering Angello and Yuk. We all know what little he's done so far; still, it's hard to reconcile a guy like Yuk having fallen this far. Not sure how much is left for him before getting scratched.

Getting to the point that I'd like to see him moved as much for his own benefit as the team's.

Imo we NEED this one tonight, right after the break. Teams behind us have been winning at a pretty good clip, including these ****ers...looking ok tonight from what I've seen but gotta pot one or two soon. Craps won't be a cakewalk on Sunday...bury these guys

any of you boys see the article today about mario being pissed at jagr in 11 when he signed with the flyers?

big win. this team needs a winger and a healthy kahun.

hopefully jr pulls the trigger. maybe the habs will take back galchenyuk?

PHN reporting their belief this morning that Murray will be in the cage at Washington tomorrow.

Craps won't be a cakewalk on Sunday...bury these guys

Hoping the Craps see their shadow, and he doesn't....

Total points aside, it appears as though Craps are almost universally considered the best team in the League.....I mean, even better than the current soup-of-the-day Blues.

What fails to mysitfy me however is.....even after so many years running into the core of this team.....how seldom the Craps seemingly are noted in the media for their sheer size. Obviously, that media is back to their non-stop fawning over 8.....still the single greatest combination of sheer size and talent in this generation of players.....and the rest of their roster elite continues to be loved the world over.

With all the focus this season on 8, I honestly haven't heard that much originating with Wilson; though you can bet he'll be headhunting tomorrow in the first game of the season between the two teams. As it happens, he is having a pretty solid statistical year; 16/21/37 in 51 games (+9), and T2 in the League in penalities (27) and 7th in PIM (73).

\Will be interested to see if HCMS tries to get Angello out there with him at the same time; though he's obviously not going to get more than the occasional head-to-head minute against the Backstrom line. What Sully could maybe do is have him take a couple cheap shots at Wilson early to see if it goads his stoopid ass into a fighting major or two.

Anyway, aside all the points from the top of their lineup, I've long felt the Craps' size remains the key reason for their success. And more inportantly.....aside TJ Oshie......I can't remember when they last lost any of their elite personnel to long-term injury.

Tomorrow's game aside, I've been wondering what kind of deal GMJR is really looking to make. While I still can't see them doing any kind of business with the NYR (or vice versa) on Kreider, the media I've read seems to think he's still chasing a legitimate Top 6 forward like Zucker or Athanasiou (who I myself think of as a younger/poorer man's Kreider). So, what might he be willing to deal ??

They've got their 2020 #1 available......though, at this point, it's in the bottom 5.......and prospects Addison, Lagare, and Poulin. Can't seemthem getting that much for either Poulin and Lagare; both of whom, from what I can tell, have had good junior seasons. But what I'm really wondering.....or worried about.....is would he pull the trigger on Calen Addison (who I figure to be in line for a full shot at Schultzie's slot in 2020/21) and the #1 for a specific player/players.

As much as I want him to go for it this season, I'm just not anxious to see GMJR largely shotgun what few reasonable assets he's got in the pipeline. Like most, I wish he could find somebody with which to leverage Tricky Nicky and Yuk (and maybe Schultzie, for that matter), but that's just silly talk.

Tomorrow's game aside, I've been wondering what kind of deal GMJR is really looking to make. While I still can't see them doing any kind of business with the NYR (or vice versa) on Kreider, the media I've read seems to think he's still chasing a legitimate Top 6 forward like Zucker or Athanasiou (who I myself think of as a younger/poorer man's Kreider). So, what might he be willing to deal ??

They've got their 2020 #1 available......though, at this point, it's in the bottom 5.......and prospects Addison, Lagare, and Poulin. Can't seemthem getting that much for either Poulin and Lagare; both of whom, from what I can tell, have had good junior seasons. But what I'm really wondering.....or worried about.....is would he pull the trigger on Calen Addison (who I figure to be in line for a full shot at Schultzie's slot in 2020/21) and the #1 for a specific player/players.

As much as I want him to go for it this season, I'm just not anxious to see GMJR largely shotgun what few reasonable assets he's got in the pipeline. Like most, I wish he could find somebody with which to leverage Tricky Nicky and Yuk (and maybe Schultzie, for that matter), but that's just silly talk.
From what I hear there are a few teams that covet Hallander. As much as I wouldn't want to see him go, I'd rather that than any of the 3 you mention. Especially imo Addison and Legare...the latter seems to be the type of power forward this team badly needs. Good skater with some heavy grit sandpaper. In saying that it'll likely be a year or 2 before we see him in Black and Gold and by that time the two big guns are likely on a downward trend points wise I would think.
The pick as you mention will be low 1st so I don't mind seeing it dealt at this point. I'd be inclined to think Schultzie is part of any deal since as most seem to think they can't afford him next year...
If we could jettison Yuk that'd be great but as you allude to that only weakens the return.

It's gonna be an interesting few days, if he pulls the trigger I bet its between Sunday and Thursday this week. Don't want some last minute schlub coming in just for the sake of doing something...

Reactions: COOL MAN
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT