ADVERTISEMENT

GAME THREAD WVU vs. Texas

The play calling doesn't do much to get back WV back in the game. To lose is one thing but to make such conservative calls insures a loss and a loss of confidence going forward! Warez

How many plays have they ran towards the left side? Yet, on that counter play to the right, we bit on it hook-line-and sinker.......pretty sure they will continue running left side.

Like your loyalty, dedication to our nation and the leader? :popcorn:

I love WVU.....sorry I'm not amused with 7-5.

You're going to question my loyalty to this country? **** you. You don't even know what I do for a living. Just because I think the pres is a piece of shit doesn't mean I don't love this country.

Asshole.

Reactions: Phil
And on to hoops season. If Grier goes NFL it might be awhile before our next conference win.

Its a been a tough go. Don't remember the back-up QB situation being so bleak for so long. Seems the back up has been miles away from the starter for the last 5-10 years. In recent memory at least there was a decent guy like Hales or Jarrett Brown waiting behind the starter.

Its a been a tough go. Don't remember the back-up QB situation being so bleak for so long. Seems the back up has been miles away from the starter for the last 5-10 years. In recent memory at least there was a decent guy like Hales or Jarrett Brown waiting behind the starter.

I can deal with the situation being bad if the guy behind is a freshman, but this guy has been in the program for 3 seasons on scholarship and would have been the starter if the Grier thing didn’t break very fortunately for us. We probably would have been 3-9 this year with Chugs

I can deal with the situation being bad if the guy behind is a freshman, but this guy has been in the program for 3 seasons on scholarship and would have been the starter if the Grier thing didn’t break very fortunately for us. We probably would have been 3-9 this year with Chugs

I didn't think Chugs was that bad in the 2nd half. He did fumble twice, but Grier has turned it over too.

I don't think people realize how FEW reps that backup QB's get once the season gets started. It's amazing that any teams' backup QB could come in and be successful early on.

we've gotten worse as the year has gone on. no discipline...too soft...we play stupid. the sad part of this is this texas team is garbage. barely a top 100 rushing offense and we give up 236 yards on 41 attempts...thats 5.8 yards per carry. we just flat out suck

we've gotten worse as the year has gone on. no discipline...too soft...we play stupid. the sad part of this is this texas team is garbage. barely a top 100 rushing offense and we give up 236 yards on 41 attempts...thats 5.8 yards per carry. we just flat out suck

But.......we get to go to a bowl game......:popcorn:

I agree. It is unfortunately a ding against the coaching staff given its been 7 years and not a single serviceable QB can be seen. It seems WVU has to have JUCOs or transfers that are already in a place to compete in D-1 college games. Developing raw talent has been a sore spot.

I didn't think Chugs was that bad in the 2nd half. He did fumble twice, but Grier has turned it over too.

I don't think people realize how FEW reps that backup QB's get once the season gets started. It's amazing that any teams' backup QB could come in and be successful early on.

Excuses excuses. Geno stepped in for a concussed Jarrett Brown as a freshman and was serviceable. The talent is either there or it’s not, and this guy with 3 years under what many believe to be a QB whisperer clearly either doesn’t have the talent or hasn’t learned anything, either way a knock on DH because we are headed into the abyss next year if Grier declares.

Well, there's the defensive TD I was referring to...........we need another one now......
Excuses excuses. Geno stepped in for a concussed Jarrett Brown as a freshman and was serviceable. The talent is either there or it’s not, and this guy with 3 years under what many believe to be a QB whisperer clearly either doesn’t have the talent or hasn’t learned anything, either way a knock on DH because we are headed into the abyss next year if Grier declares.

The sky is falling!

Chugs was:

14-26 189 yards, 1 TD (127.6 rating)

Geno was:

5/8 50 yards 1 INT (Auburn)

After getting reps in practice, and playing another game he was:

15/21 147 yards 1 TD (Marshall)

Bowl game:

8/15 92 yards (FSU)

So, if you don't think what Chugs did today was "serviceable", nothing else I can say.......

Got gored today by the longhorns. Didnt take them long to get their program better than ours after a coaching change.

Chugs was:

14-26 189 yards, 1 TD (127.6 rating)

Geno was:

5/8 50 yards 1 INT (Auburn)

After getting reps in practice, and playing another game he was:

15/21 147 yards 1 TD (Marshall)

Bowl game:

8/15 92 yards (FSU)

So, if you don't think what Chugs did today was "serviceable", nothing else I can say.......

We were basically held to 7 points in an entire college game at home vs a 5-5 team. Clearly that is not serviceable.

Edit - taking into account that the unit was 7th in the nation heading into the game, and taking out Grier and inserting Chugs basically dropped the unit to 100th then I think it’s safe to say the QB position after Grier is a bit of an issue

Last edited:
We were basically held to 7 points in an entire college game at home vs a 5-5 team. Clearly that is not serviceable.

Edit - taking into account that the unit was 7th in the nation heading into the game, and taking out Grier and inserting Chugs basically dropped the unit to 100th then I think it’s safe to say the QB position after Grier is a bit of an issue

So, you are basically saying that with little to no reps, not expecting to play or take a snap, that Chugs should have come in and continued with the offense at that level? Wow.......and I thought I had high expectations.

So, you are basically saying that with little to no reps, not expecting to play or take a snap, that Chugs should have come in and continued with the offense at that level? Wow.......and I thought I had high expectations.

No but 20 points isn’t a crazy expectation against a mediocre opponent. Not a complete implosion of what was previously an elite unit.

No but 20 points isn’t a crazy expectation against a mediocre opponent. Not a complete implosion of what was previously an elite unit.

You do realize that coming in to the game Texas defense ranked #40 in overall defense, and was only giving up 367 yards per game. WVU ended up with 295 yards of offense......considering the scenario spelled out for you, then Chugs wasn't too bad........considering.......

You do realize that coming in to the game Texas defense ranked #40 in overall defense, and was only giving up 367 yards per game. WVU ended up with 295 yards of offense......considering the scenario spelled out for you, then Chugs wasn't too bad........considering.......

Okay take out the Grier drive that ended in a touchback and what do you have? An O that couldn’t do dick the second Chugs, basically a JR with 3 years in the program, entered the game. His grade was a D-

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT