ADVERTISEMENT

Pens March

Not only tonight but now the group of us have to worry about perhaps IMO the worst draw in some time for the EERS vs likely an upstart Murray St, then the Shockers, and god forbid make it past them a Nova team on fire...ugh...

Heard an interesting tidbit this afternoon on NHLN.

Scott Laughlin and Patrick O'Sullivan were talking about Freddie Andersen's injury last night; evidently...... and t would presumably know more about this than the rest of us.....Andersen has a reputation of being fairly animated when he's injured, no matter the relative severity. I myself had no idea he was THAT big a diva.

They were also saying Andersen is the kind of guy who will absolutely NEVER come back even a single day early from an injury; he sits until he's absolutely 100%. That prompted Laughlin (I think) to mention that Dominic Hasek was among the most famous goalies who always sat until they were absolutely 100% after an injury.

That revelation got me to wondering if Matt Murray might be the latest to fit that exact same description. Lord knows, he never misses a single game or two when hurt....it's absolutely ALWAYS weeks (rather than days). Now I'm not calling him a diva (like Andersen); but at best, he sure doesn't come off as the type who busts his ass to get back on the ice.

Reactions: Irwineer2

Scott Laughlin and Patrick O'Sullivan were talking about Freddie Andersen's injury last night; evidently...... and t would presumably know more about this than the rest of us.....Andersen has a reputation of being fairly animated when he's injured, no matter the relative severity. I myself had no idea he was THAT big a diva.

They were also saying Andersen is the kind of guy who will absolutely NEVER come back even a single day early from an injury; he sits until he's absolutely 100%. That prompted Laughlin (I think) to mention that Dominic Hasek was among the most famous goalies who always sat until they were absolutely 100% after an injury.

That revelation got me to wondering if Matt Murray might be the latest to fit that exact same description. Lord knows, he never misses a single game or two when hurt....it's absolutely ALWAYS weeks (rather than days). Now I'm not calling him a diva (like Andersen); but at best, he sure doesn't come off as the type who busts his ass to get back on the ice.

I think the pens are especially sensitive to concussions but I also think you may be on to something here.

Andersen is DEFINITELY a diva. And thry will defend him till his dying day here, it's old. I am not sure what to think on MM. His groin seems to be a legit habitual issue, and for any netminder that is a 'tough nut'...the latest shot to the head? Not sure....as I type GENO!!!! Is the team being extra cautious no idea, this is his second concussion and so? Perhaps I am the wrong fella to comment, as he is my guy...gonna actually ask my neighbour on him what he thinks as a former goalie over 50 years....I think I already know his answer as an old school fella, he tried out for not the Calgary but the ATLANTA Flames lol! And damnit some no name just evened it up....

Lets go here...enough dicking about with these guys...and one of you locals try and post the 'In the Room ' segment for me after game please. Dont get it up here!

DK reporting this morning the team's current rotation in goal is a purposeful indicator they want to have THREE goaltenders prepared for the playoffs. JMO, but I can only assume that means the team is NOT confident MM can/will hold up physically.

• Murray reportedly back to full pracice this morning; expected to start Tuesday in Brooklyn against the NYI.
  • Carter Rowner is reportedly out with a long-term UBI suffered against the Canadiens. Speaking of the Habs, did you realize the two teams play their entire 3 game season series from 3/15-3/31 ?? The odd game is in Pittsburgh on the 31st.
  • And ZAR finally skated today (but apparently just to loosen up, and not as part of morning practice).

Reactions: torontoeers
  • Murray reportedly back to full pracice this morning; expected to start Tuesday in Brooklyn against the NYI.
  • Carter Rowner is reportedly out with a long-term UBI suffered against the Canadiens. Speaking of the Habs, did you realize the two teams play their entire 3 game season series from 3/15-3/31 ?? The odd game is in Pittsburgh on the 31st.
  • And ZAR finally skated today (but apparently just to loosen up, and not as part of morning practice).
ZAR on the mend and MM back? Thank the maker!

As we lie in wait for this tilt with the Turds....
Cryers up on Craps early, and this is frankly a-ok with me in this giant Metro mish mash...for now anyway.
And how about those Av's just rumblin along @ColoradoMountaineer ? Are they for real?
I put my deposit for playoff tickets. I think they will make the playoffs. There number 1 line is as good as it gets. The avs have a fast team there problem is after the top line there is a noticable drop off. 10 of the last 11 goals they have scored have been from mckinnion line. You have to have secondary scoring to make it deep into the playoffs. If the playoffs started today they would play vegas. I think they would beat vegas they need to avoid the Jets and Predators. I went to the avs preds game on friday. The avs came out hot mckinnon was buzzing for the 1st half of the game. Once the preds found the right line to shut him and landeskog down the avs were on the ropes. Preds clinched and I saw it live.

Reactions: torontoeers
As we lie in wait for this tilt with the Turds....
Cryers up on Craps early, and this is frankly a-ok with me in this giant Metro mish mash...for now anyway.
And how about those Av's just rumblin along @ColoradoMountaineer ? Are they for real?
The boys from Coal Harbour Nova Scotia. Crosby and Mackinnion.
crosby-renney-mackinnon-jpg.jpg

After tonight's shitshow against the Isles, I just can't see any scenario where the pens win more than one series. Their play right now is atrocious.

After tonight's shitshow against the Isles, I just can't see any scenario where the pens win more than one series. Their play right now is atrocious.
Well I was disapponted to be working...now I think I'm pretty damn glad I missed it. Let me guess, MM missed one or two he should have had ( first game back so I wont jump all over him yet), and they made Gibson look like some kind of all world goalie? I'm lookin for minimum 40 shots up against a (IMO) junkpile Isles D and minimum 3 goals in regulation from our guys...but no...SMFH!

Well I was disapponted to be working...now I think I'm pretty damn glad I missed it. Let me guess, MM missed one or two he should have had ( first game back so I wont jump all over him yet), and they made Gibson look like some kind of all world goalie? I'm lookin for minimum 40 shots up against a (IMO) junkpile Isles D and minimum 3 goals in regulation from our guys...but no...SMFH!

All around poor effort. Geno was November Geno.....Stupid cross ice passes, idiotic penalty, little,interest. MM looked incredibly slow but the defense didn't help. They had a few spurts when you thought they would win the game and then would immediately revert back to November hockey.

All around poor effort. Geno was November Geno.....Stupid cross ice passes, idiotic penalty, little,interest. MM looked incredibly slow but the defense didn't help. They had a few spurts when you thought they would win the game and then would immediately revert back to November hockey.
Ah...the dreaded November Pens again. Been a bit too much of that stinko brand of late. I don't suppose the collective have had a good look around them of late either... surprise! They no longer have to look behind themselves...their rivals got the memo and are playing far superior hockey.
Thankfully I will miss tonights matchup too...Price is back I hear... just in time to give them fits I'm sure

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT