ADVERTISEMENT

Pens March

Huge save by him.

Have we played more back to backs than the rest of the league?

When the Pens were playing so many of them earlier in the season, I believe it was determined they were second in the League behind Ottawa (who I believe would eventually play one more).

Lehtonen keeping his team in it, but the Pens seem back into pass-first-shoot-second mode on all their PP's......

Reactions: torontoeers
This week's schedules (with GP played to date, plus record in the last 10 games)
  • PIT (70 GP, 6-4-0) -- at NYR, at MTL (back-to-back)
  • WAS (68 GP, 5-5-0) -- WPG, at NYI, NYI (back-to-back)
  • PHL (69 GP, 5-4-1) -- VGK, CBJ. at CAR
  • NJD (69 GP, 4-6-0) -- at VGK, at LAK, at ANA (back-to-back)
  • CBJ (69 GP, 7-3-0) -- MTL, at PHL, OTT

This week's schedules (with GP played to date, plus record in the last 10 games)
  • PIT (70 GP, 6-4-0) -- at NYR, at MTL (back-to-back)
  • WAS (68 GP, 5-5-0) -- WPG, at NYI, NYI (back-to-back)
  • PHL (69 GP, 5-4-1) -- VGK, CBJ. at CAR
  • NJD (69 GP, 4-6-0) -- at VGK, at LAK, at ANA (back-to-back)
  • CBJ (69 GP, 7-3-0) -- MTL, at PHL, OTT
Dare I say the good guys and perhaps the Blojax have the easiest slate? Gotta get 2 W's imo, especially since the others have games in hand. That NJ 3 gamer out west is rough! Good...

Dare I say the good guys and perhaps the Blojax have the easiest slate? Gotta get 2 W's imo, especially since the others have games in hand. That NJ 3 gamer out west is rough! Good...

With two against the Isles, I'm leaning toward the Craps as having the best schedule this week.

They have an obviously good Winnipeg coming tonight; but coming off the loss (at PHL) on SAT......and the most important game of their 6 game road trip tomorrow night at Nashville......perhaps the Jets are a little less ready to play than they'd be otherwise expected coming into Washington. But the Jets owe us one after losing to the Cryers. Pens obviously have a manageable week on paper, but only playing two games makes a difference with the race so damned close.

With the Sens and Canadiens at home, the Blojax do have a good week......though the game in Philly will be a tough one.

For those who so enjoyed the "commentary" by the Iggles LB in the penalty box aside last week :weary: you'll presumably be even more excited to learn Pierre McGuire will be joined tonight for the Pens-Rangers telecast by actress Susan Sarandon (said to be a big Rangers fan).

This, per Pierre on Stellick and Simmer this morning on NHLN Radio.

For those who so enjoyed the "commentary" by the Iggles LB in the penalty box aside last week :weary: you'll presumably be even more excited to learn Pierre McGuire will be joined tonight for the Pens-Rangers telecast by actress Susan Sarandon (said to be a big Rangers fan).

This, per Pierre on Stellick and Simmer this morning on NHLN Radio.
Wtf? Good thing I'll likely miss this one it seems. Since when is this the new thing anyway? Who cares what these people think...just speak to the damned game already.

Wtf? Good thing I'll likely miss this one it seems. Since when is this the new thing anyway? Who cares what these people think...just speak to the damned game already.

Speaking only for myself, I haven't the foggiest idea who at NBCSN decided this was a good idea (or why). I mean, if they need ratings help.....and I'm sure they do.....how is this going to help (especially if it's not publicized ahead of time) ??

I wonder if this simply has something to do with broadcasting from big local media markets like Philly and NYC......maybe we're less likely to see something like this from a Pittsburgh or St Louis or Columbus.

Speaking only for myself, I haven't the foggiest idea who at NBCSN decided this was a good idea (or why). I mean, if they need ratings help.....and I'm sure they do.....how is this going to help (especially if it's not publicized ahead of time) ??

I wonder if this simply has something to do with broadcasting from big local media markets like Philly and NYC......maybe we're less likely to see something like this from a Pittsburgh or St Louis or Columbus.
You're likely right there....seems I will be tuning in tonight for a game IMO they need to take pretty seriously, in terms of keeping pace. Maybe I can tune into the radio feed online and avoid those two twits at ice level discussing Thelma and Louise...I assume since its NBC at least we'll avoid the MSG crew???

Reactions: COOL MAN
You're likely right there....seems I will be tuning in tonight for a game IMO they need to take pretty seriously, in terms of keeping pace. Maybe I can tune into the radio feed online and avoid those two twits at ice level discussing Thelma and Louise...I assume since its NBC at least we'll avoid the MSG crew???

Well, I assume it'll be the standard NBCSN Rivalry Night crew tonight.....meaning Doc and Pierre.

But Canes P-b-P guy John Forsland is doing more games recently; and IMO, that's a very good thing. With the Canes presumably out the playoffs, Forslund might well do a lot of playoff games this season (along with old standby Kenny Albert, who'll also be looking for something to do with the Rangers also out of the post-season).

Is Schultzie not the greatest thing since sliced bread? Games like this I keep marveling at that steal of a deal...calm and cool on the point and gives full effort on the backcheck. A gem.

Reactions: COOL MAN
Well...decent first imo, but lets hit the twine here soon. Don't like em hangin around...I always thoroughly enjoy goals on the supposed 'king'...oops...just remrmbered its not him lol...maybe thats why it's scoreless...

ADVERTISEMENT