ADVERTISEMENT

Pens March

I am hopeful/ faithful he will make a difference down the stretch eventually here...he was simply too good in Ottawa....that AND they paid a helluva price for him.

Oh, I wasn't against the deal......and I'm still not, if for no other reason than it gets Carter Rowney (who seems to have really regressed this season) out of a regular spot in the lineup.

But it's hard to deny he's gotten off to a much slower start than anyone (including himself, presumably) would like.

Reactions: torontoeers
Oh, I wasn't against the deal......and I'm still not, if for no other reason than it gets Carter Rowney (who seems to have really regressed this season) out of a regular spot in the lineup.

But it's hard to deny he's gotten off to a much slower start than anyone (including himself, presumably) would like.
I honestly wonder how much of it has to do with him getting that Boucher restrictive style out of his mindset and maybe just letting it dangle a bit more offensively but then what do I know, he had 18 g in 58 games there so he was obviously offensive enough...

Nice comeback by the Guins after a pretty bad stretch......can they hold (or extend) the lead going into the 3rd ???

Not sure there was a bigger crisis of confidence anywhere in the League the last 6 weeks than Conor Sheary......nice to see the kid finally break out. I sure hope this is a preview of things to come for him.

I missed the Flames Monday (you guys can tell me better there) but, in watching over the last few weeks to month or so from my eyes on the backend and again tonight...they are making the proper play on the first attacker and boxing him out, yet completely IGNORING the second man in, whether it be that 2 D , the C helping out or god forbid one of our wings? They are simply skating in free and clear of attention? This is relatively simple no? So why aren't they doing it? Concentrating on going the other way, and just willing the play to transition on its own without effort? Just my opinion but clean that crap up and things will get markedly better...

I missed the Flames Monday (you guys can tell me better there) but, in watching over the last few weeks to month or so from my eyes on the backend and again tonight...they are making the proper play on the first attacker and boxing him out, yet completely IGNORING the second man in, whether it be that 2 D , the C helping out or god forbid one of our wings? They are simply skating in free and clear of attention? This is relatively simple no? So why aren't they doing it? Concentrating on going the other way, and just willing the play to transition on its own without effort? Just my opinion but clean that crap up and things will get markedly better...

I've only been a fan and never a player......which means I'm unable to even consider a response to your otherwise thoughtful questions :flush:

Lmao...my first and only time at a Philly game was on way home from a guys trip YEARS ago in Va Beach. The old Spectrum, and I think it was vs the Stars...bought upper deckers outside. Remember leaving start of third...they were losing badly and well as you know/can imagine we said lets get outta here stat...

I went to the game when Lemieux returned from his cancer treatment. Good game to attend wearing pens gear as the flyer fans were actually nice that night.

Let em go boys! Like the old days! And F YOU Manning...wish they let Oleksiak rip his head off. Although I worry bout our guys, a full on brawl woulda been fun in their barn...especially after their bs to initiate it.

Let em go boys! Like the old days! And F YOU Manning...wish they let Oleksiak rip his head off. Although I worry bout our guys, a full on brawl woulda been fun in their barn...especially after their bs to initiate it.

The good part of watching cement heads like Gudas and Manning is that they'll eventually kill their own team because neither seems capable of turning it off.

Meanwhile, let's also recognize Jarry for playing a largely solid (with a couple admittedly shaky sequences) game.

I honestly wonder how much of it has to do with him getting that Boucher restrictive style out of his mindset and maybe just letting it dangle a bit more offensively but then what do I know, he had 18 g in 58 games there so he was obviously offensive enough...

Brassard was definitely quoted in the local rags after his first game or two about the adjustment issues he seemed to be having here after playing the Sens style. Once would hope that after a couple weeks this would begin to ease; but (as I always say) I've never played the game...... so I have no personal clue as to how difficult this adjustment would be.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT