ADVERTISEMENT

Pens March

this is just bad hockey. no way around it.

sloppy passes lead to turnovers and penalties. fvcking stupid.

See! I’m earning brownie points. Watching the Christlies with the Wife now. She thinks I’m giving up watching the Pens to hang with her! I may get some tonight and get a come from behind victory!
I hope you "came from behind", because the Pens sure didn't!

RR would have dropped that shithead

I wonder if Chara would have actually taken on Reaves......not really much for him to gain by getting leveled. Besides, I'm thinking somebody on the ice for the B's at the time almost assuredly would have stepped in had Reaves come calling. OTOH, especially given the score, would anyone on the B's have been willing to fight Reaves had he still been around ??

Chara's litle dance with Oleksiak was really all he needed to satisfy the locals.....and I'm personally glad Oleksiak just went along with it. .

murray skated in full equipment today. no shots though. so it looks like one more night of jarry, desmith.

if they don't stiffen up and play smart it won't matter who is in goal.

Reactions: torontoeers
This afternoon, the NHLN Radio talking heads were discussing last night's game......and while they didn't exactly give DeSmith and Jarry a pass, they seemed to be every bit as critical of the overall defensive performance.

They also said, regarding the Chara-Oleksiak fight, it was Oleksiak that called out Chara (rather than the reverse). I happened to have the game tuned in at the time, and thought that while both were equally ready to go, I do recall thinking at the time that Chara was the initiator.

In the final analysis, it's really irrelevant who initiated the fight. But even if it was Oleksiak who was doing the looking, at least it was a comparatively even physical matchup.....which we know otherwise is never the case when Chara is involved.

murray skated in full equipment today. no shots though. so it looks like one more night of jarry, desmith.

if they don't stiffen up and play smart it won't matter who is in goal.
Well you just made my freakin day with that news...Was afraid of longer term. One of the two need to show up for the Isles period...lose that one and things are really in the tank. 5pm odd start time but, I like it...right around my usual beer o'clock Saturdays...

Reactions: Irwineer2
This afternoon, the NHLN Radio talking heads were discussing last night's game......and while they didn't exactly give DeSmith and Jarry a pass, they seemed to be every bit as critical of the overall defensive performance.

They also said, regarding the Chara-Oleksiak fight, it was Oleksiak that called out Chara (rather than the reverse). I happened to have the game tuned in at the time, and thought that while both were equally ready to go, I do recall thinking at the time that Chara was the initiator.

In the final analysis, it's really irrelevant who initiated the fight. But even if it was Oleksiak who was doing the looking, at least it was a comparatively even physical matchup.....which we know otherwise is never the case when Chara is involved.
Not sure I've seen a game they need to (and I need to) forget about that badly in some time. The first marker for Boston I couldn't fault the kid for, the other two were abysmal, and the D presence in front of him well...there was none and that includes the forwards. Do they actually get that they need to help out and it's on them too? If the Pens are so strong down the middle now, why the hell did they allow the B's to force it to the boards? And where were they to pick the puck up and skate it out? Instead lousy turnovers all night long.

As Doc said the entire scene was an epic shitshow.

Anyway done rambling, I need to forget last night as I said earlier. On to the Isles. Who seem to be in a bit of turmoil over the Tavares scenario...no better time to pounce at home ! Let's beat these guys and get back to the win column.

Tell me by some stroke of luck you missed last night's debacle @Euell !?! If you didn't...well I feel just as sorry for you as the rest of us lol...
I watched bits and pieces "T." The fisticuffs between the "bigs" was definitely the highlight. I also liked PK's early goal. I believe DocEer's description of the game as a whole as a "shit show" hit the nail on the head.

Anyway done rambling, I need to forget last night as I said earlier. On to the Isles. Who seem to be in a bit of turmoil over the Tavares scenario...no better time to pounce at home ! Let's beat these guys and get back to the win column.

Yeah, this thing with Tavares is really strange.

Admitting publicly he wants to try free agency obviously doesn't help him with the fans, but his camp's sort-of vague acknowledgment that July 1st is coming doesn't seem to be doing much more for him. Plus, I don't get the impression he's been playing very well recently; which, in conjunction with the team's recent swoon, hasn't left much for anyone on Long Island to be excited about since their arena deal was announced. I'm hoping/praying this is the script for the Pens to get well tonight.

Meanwhile, the hockey media seems convinced Tavares as a FA represents the next world war between Montreal and Toronto. Nobody asked my opinion, but I think Tavares would need his head examined to sign with EITHER team. I also get the impression the Rangers consider themselves part of his derby, which makes this one of THE more compelling FA stories in recent years......far more so, IMO, than Stamkos (who I myself NEVER thought would leave Tampa).

One odd thing happening today; if you count the Isles-Pens 5PM start as an afternoon game......which might be a stretch depending on one's viewpoint......there are no fewer than a full 5 afternoon games scheduled today. Not sure the last time the League scheduled that many daytime starts on a single day.

Obviously, the League is avoiding conflicts with the 8pm Stadium Series game......which literally nobody aside TOR and WAS gives a shit about.....but there are still a couple other games scheduled out West tonight.

Potash said on the pregame that "some" have been calling Thursday night "a wakeup call"......can somebody tell me why any team with Cup aspirations needs a wakeup call on March 1 (let alone the 2-time defending champs in a division as close as the Metro) ??

Meanwhile, the f****** Cryers earned a point in Tampa this afternoon... :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

That was a pretty cool intermission highlighting the Lemieux foundation...bought one of those gold bags a few years back, and shows where your money is going. Wanted one this year but wife would kill me lol...

Just got out of a damn family birthday party. How are we looking boys?
Damn ya gotta hate those lol...been there...imo good but not great. Plenty of shots , on a relatively unknown goalie standing on his head a bit. How many times have we been there before? Lets get it done

Just got out of a damn family birthday party. How are we looking boys?

Damn ya gotta hate those lol...been there...imo good but not great. Plenty of shots , on a relatively unknown goalie standing on his head a bit. How many times have we been there before? Lets get it done

At 500pm, my wife insisted I go with her to buy piece of ****ing furniture we need about as bad as I need to gain another 10 pounds.

Reactions: DocEER
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT