ADVERTISEMENT

Pens -- JAN 2020

Been watching HNIC......just noticed the ATT broadcast IS on Center Ice tonight. Hoping my change matters. [thumb2]

Reactions: torontoeers
Do you get the feel like I do that this game is gonna turn in one direction or another in 3 heavily? I'm just not sure who it will benefit....

I think it's been a pretty even game, so not sure about that. BTW, looked at the replay of the 2nd Habs goal of the JJ turnover, and Murray got beaten from pretty close in on a close in shot I honestly think he should have stopped.

Been thinking about the reason why so many of his GA end up looking like softees to my eyes; I think it's because when he's confident/playing well....and as is often said about him.....it looks like the puck just hits him, rather than him having to make any kind of great save. In other words, he just makes it look SO easy when he's dialed in.

OTOH, he DID make a handful of VERY good saves in that period.

With Price looking like he can't be beaten for no, seems the ONLY way the Pens are going to tie this one up is with Horndog having his nose in the play.

With Price looking like he can't be beaten for no, seems the ONLY way the Pens are going to tie this one up is with Horndog having his nose in the play.

Glad I was wrong about that.... way to clean up the garbage, Rusty

Screw Carey Price.....no way that one should have been overturned
In the duel of two netminder that have struggled of late we WIN! I'm pretty happy with Murr after that one...the weak one early, you and I will debate on the 2nd one lol, but I see your point to extent, he opened up the legs...yet he held firm then on. We needed this W...he needed it even more.

Reactions: COOL MAN
In case you were wondering.......and admittedly, I wasn't......here are the current odds from Caesars to win the Cup (which I came across tonight on ESPN News while channel surfing):

7-1 Colorado
8-1 Washington, Toronto
9-1 Boston, Tampa
10-1 Vegas
12-1 St Louis, Guins
14-1 Dallas
18-1 Arizona
22-1 Carolina
25-1 Calgary, NY Islanders
30-1 Vancouver, Nashville, Philadelphia

Guess someone was pissed that Carey Price didn't get the goalie interference call on the game winner last night.......he supposedly wasn't made available to speak with the Press in the post game (which is said to be in violation of League rules). Not sure if that was HIS decision, or that of the Canadiens; and frankly, who cares.

Not that anyone gives a shit what I think; but Price has ALWAYS struck me as a friggin China Doll...... and was presumably incensed ANYONE had the temerity to love tap him in his precious crease. Will be watching to see if he pouts his way out of the Habs' next game.

Last edited:
Lots of hockey here today...currently the populace is on pins and needles whether the Canuck Captain Hayton will play vs the Russians. He's in the warmup, however rather ginger in shooting the puck...

Then the oddball 5 pm start vs the Panthers...I'll be surprised if the Pens don't look a bit gassed off the start...

Guess someone was pissed that Carey Price didn't get the goalie interference call on the game winner last night.......he supposedly wasn't made available to speak with the Press in the post game (which is said to be in violation of League rules). Not sure if that was HIS decision, or that of the Canadiens; and frankly, who cares.

Not that anyone gives a shit what I think; but Price has ALWAYS struck me as a friggin China Doll...... and was presumably incensed ANYONE had the temerity to love tap him in his precious crease. Will be watching to see if he pouts his way out of the Habs' next game.
They've always handled him with kid gloves, thus giving him carte blanche...not sure if it relates back to how P Roy left in a huff all those years back. Regardless, he comes off as an ass a lot. I was never much of a fan having him between the pipes internationally either , was far more a Bobby Lou kinda guy....

I mentioned last night watching the HNIC telecast until the 2nd period, after which I found Mearsy and Errey on Center Ice. But what last night did was lead me to watch the between periods coverage for the first time since Grapes got shit-canned.

I don't get the impression Rogers knows as yet what to do with slot long-term; but what I DO know (as someone with no dog in the hunt) is that Cassie Campbell has no reason to be part of it. I've got nothing against her personally; but aside the fact she's a gold medal winner, I've never understood why she gets SO much time working NHL broadcasts (either TV or radio) and is treated like some VIP.

Guess I've always assumed she's simply viewed as a favorite of female NHL fans in Canada.....who I doubt watched Grapes in any serious numbers. But either way, I don't see that more of her is in any way better. I also don't know who this Pascall guy is; but I surely couldn't give two shits he's married to her (or she to him).

He's surely hasn't a single ounce of personal charisma.....which, really, was Grapes' single greatest attribute...... but I can't immediately think of anyone better to replace Grapes full time than Jerky Burky. But at least Grapes smiled once in awhile; Burke, on the other hand, looks pissed-off every single second of his existence.

For that reason alone, I could see how hard it'd be for Rogers to commit to him long-term.

They've always handled him with kid gloves, thus giving him carte blanche...not sure if it relates back to how P Roy left in a huff all those years back. Regardless, he comes off as an ass a lot. I was never much of a fan having him between the pipes internationally either , was far more a Bobby Lou kinda guy....

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Patty Roy was pretty outgoing even during his playing days (and not just as a coach), whereas I always got the impression Price was/is fairly more introverted.

So that alone might explain why he gets the kid gloves; though, from what I can tell from a distance, pretty much everyone in Quebec thought his contract was asinine from the day he signed it. I understand he's a BC guy, and might like to get back out West at some point.....but if so, why did he sign for 8 years in Montreal.

Like most, I don't see how the Habs truly build for the future (even though I guess you're really not allowed to do that in Montreal) with THAT wacky deal hanging around its neck.

Sharks 4-2 over the Craps in Washington after scoring an ENG......then give up 2 in the LAST MINUTE, then lose in OT [crying]

Man, the Russians first collapse in Sharks-like fashion......and then get the screws put to them by the stripes on the puck-into-the-stands no-call.

Man, the Russians first collapse in Sharks-like fashion......and then get the screws put to them by the stripes on the puck-into-the-stands no-call.
That was THE WORST officiated game I have seen in a long time...on both sides of the ledger... they put the screws to us bigtime in the first and second with totally bizarre calls, and miffed on that one too. Just a total mess. I guess the 2 Fin refs wanted to be well known today...
Anyway...GOLD! I'll take it! :smiley:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Patty Roy was pretty outgoing even during his playing days (and not just as a coach), whereas I always got the impression Price was/is fairly more introverted.

So that alone might explain why he gets the kid gloves; though, from what I can tell from a distance, pretty much everyone in Quebec thought his contract was asinine from the day he signed it. I understand he's a BC guy, and might like to get back out West at some point.....but if so, why did he sign for 8 years in Montreal.

Like most, I don't see how the Habs truly build for the future (even though I guess you're really not allowed to do that in Montreal) with THAT wacky deal hanging around its neck.
Oh Patty was pretty outgoing alright...so much as to be an opinionated dick! ...and ya Bergeron is forced to sit and hope his young guns develop in rather quick fashion. I will give them credit that at least up the middle of the ice they have finally found some more capable players, which has to my recollection always been lacking...

That was THE WORST officiated game I have seen in a long time...on both sides of the ledger... they put the screws to us bigtime in the first and second with totally bizarre calls, and miffed on that one too. Just a total mess. I guess the 2 Fin refs wanted to be well known today...
Anyway...GOLD! I'll take it! :smiley:

Not sure if you watched any of the post game, but were there any theories voiced as to why Canada wasn't penalized on that clearing over the glass??

Not sure if you watched any of the post game, but were there any theories voiced as to why Canada wasn't penalized on that clearing over the glass??
All chatter I heard both in game and after was it shoulda been called. In saying that the entire country was going ballistic at the refs in the second half of one and early 2nd. So imo it evened out I guess...horrific calls, no joke.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT