ADVERTISEMENT

Pens 2017/18 Drop the puck! October.

SID! Good goal! Look at Lundqvists face lol....home late from work (more on that later...sigh) and watching Rangers on top of Pens late...nice to get at least the point.
And Sid waiting there till they touched it? Atta boy!

Reactions: Euell
SID! Good goal! Look at Lundqvists face lol....home late from work (more on that later...sigh) and watching Rangers on top of Pens late...nice to get at least the point.
And Sid waiting there till they touched it? Atta boy!
You missed a good one "T", but at least you got in on the end.

Reactions: torontoeers
So....work. Get the call emergency! MLSE needs the scoreboard fixed at the ACC (soon Scotiabank as I understand at a hefty $$$) again, and they can only lower it at 7pm. And requested torontoeers WTF? Ok fine I'll stick around downtown....1/2 mile from the arena at 6.45 the call 'uh oh it's ok we lowered it a bit early and I think we fixed it'.....YOU THINK? Well since you 'think' you fixed it good luck, the bill is in the mail at OT you asshats. Yet another prime example as to why the Leaves and the knuckleheads down at that building will never win a damn thing. I am hoping to hear it goes down tomorrow eve right in the middle of their game with the Wings so Pope Babs can lose his mind...making me miss half the Pens game for nothing? I think not! :wink:

Happy 25th CM! My bride and I had our 25th a week ago today.
Not a chance! Unless you got hitched at 16! I know ya and you look younger than 25 years in fella! I cannot speak to CM, but I'm betting same! :wink:.....congrats to both you Euell and CM! 25 years is amazing in todays day and age TRUE LOVE....especially for the lovely wife when your man is wrapped up in Hockey and football lol!

I understand Cole is a decent shot to dress tonight, though I'm not sure he's committed to being in the lineup. Meanwhile, it's The Capital Grille for the missus and me tonight to celebrate our 25th. We have an early reservation, so I hope to be back home sometime in the 2nd period.
Is this Capital Grille in Cincy I assume CM? I went to one named same in DC over Vtech wknd but it was a brewpub, it was quite good...congrats on the big day!!!!! :cool2:

So....work. Get the call emergency! MLSE needs the scoreboard fixed at the ACC (soon Scotiabank as I understand at a hefty $$$) again, and they can only lower it at 7pm. And requested torontoeers WTF? Ok fine I'll stick around downtown....1/2 mile from the arena at 6.45 the call 'uh oh it's ok we lowered it a bit early and I think we fixed it'.....YOU THINK? Well since you 'think' you fixed it good luck, the bill is in the mail at OT you asshats. Yet another prime example as to why the Leaves and the knuckleheads down at that building will never win a damn thing. I am hoping to hear it goes down tomorrow eve right in the middle of their game with the Wings so Pope Babs can lose his mind...making me miss half the Pens game for nothing? I think not! :wink:
Sucks to miss most of the game, but an honor, I think, to have you personally requested for such an important task. I have to get on You Tube for directions to change a light bulb! LOL!

Ok gents, my Wednesday was a pretty damn good one as it turns out....The lovely wife and myself are heading out for a dinner on Monday eve...HERE! :cool2:
2017-Gala-Website-Banner.png

http://nhlalumni.org/events/nhl-alumni-gala-awards-dinner/

I am stoked! Usually I haven't been too nervous with the few famous athletes I have met, but something tells me this will be a bit different lol...66....the big man...my fave ever. I gotta think of a question or two I'd like to ask him honestly. Any ideas???
My bud and his wife got us the tix through CM's fave Healy :wink: lol, and are coming with...I owe him bigtime!
I will try and post a pic or two next week....Weeeeeeeeeeee!!!!

Happy 25th CM! My bride and I had our 25th a week ago today.

Come to think of it, Euell, I do seem to recall that we were married pretty close to one another. My own wedding day......10/17/92 in Huntington......was a very famous day in the recent history of Mountaineer football; that was "Marvin Graves Day" in Morgantown.

In any event, Happy 25th to you and your bride as well !!!

Reactions: Euell

Heh heh....as long as you invoiced at time and a half, at least your time was worth something. Knowing the almighty Leaves.....I still love that term, along wth Jerky Burky and 4-donut......they probably inform all their suppliers/vendors that they don't pay premium time; that "you" should be grateful they call (and allow you to work in their friggin' barn).

But regardless, it's cool either way that arguably the highest profile building of its type North of the Border asks for you. You must know your way around a 4X enclosure blind-folded......

Is this Capital Grille in Cincy I assume CM? I went to one named same in DC over Vtech wknd but it was a brewpub, it was quite good...congrats on the big day!!!!! :cool2:

The Capital Grille is a high-end steak house chain, owned by Florida-based Darden Restaurants (who also own more pedestrian brands like Olive Garden and Longhorn Steakhouse).

Among the perhaps dozen or so similar concepts in the US, I myself think TCG is the best.....better than Del Frisco's, Fleming's, Ruth's Chris, Morton's, Shula's, and Smith and Wollensky (each of which is very good in its own right). I've eaten at TCG all over the country......Atlanta (at least a half dozen times), Indianapolis, Minneapolis, and elsewhere (and now Cincinnati).....and it absolutely never disappoints. I ended up dropping $320USD last night; a borderline unbelieveable amount of money for someone who much prefers to use his company M/C for dinners like that.

But man, it was a friggin' phenomenal way to celebrate a gal who had the courage to hang with yours truly for 25 years.....and it was even worth missing an Metro Conference game ;)

Ok gents, my Wednesday was a pretty damn good one as it turns out....The lovely wife and myself are heading out for a dinner on Monday eve...HERE! :cool2:

I am stoked! Usually I haven't been too nervous with the few famous athletes I have met, but something tells me this will be a bit different lol...66....the big man...my fave ever. I gotta think of a question or two I'd like to ask him honestly. Any ideas???
My bud and his wife got us the tix through CM's fave Healy :wink: lol, and are coming with...I owe him bigtime!

VERY COOL......my wife doesn't know anything about the game, and I think even she'd appreciate an afffair like that one !!!!

That is beyond cool "T!"

Ok, is anybody worried about our defense yet? Is Hunwick dinged? I know he was scratched against the Rangers but I never heard why. Maybe it is just me but Ruhwedel looks like he is skating in cement. Letang is taking a lot of chances and frankly taking longer to get back into the defensive side of the game than I anticipated. Dumoulin is still a -4.

Obviously the forwards are now at least attempting to skate on the defensive side of the ice which has helped a ton but I am still waiting for the D-corp to tighten up a little.

Ok, is anybody worried about our defense yet? Is Hunwick dinged? I know he was scratched against the Rangers but I never heard why. Maybe it is just me but Ruhwedel looks like he is skating in cement. Letang is taking a lot of chances and frankly taking longer to get back into the defensive side of the game than I anticipated. Dumoulin is still a -4.

Obviously the forwards are now at least attempting to skate on the defensive side of the ice which has helped a ton but I am still waiting for the D-corp to tighten up a little.

Well, it's no secret defense isn't the Pens strength......and everyone knows they've played a few stinky defensive games with the Top 6 in place. Fortunately, they got Cole back the other night, so at least they don't have to go beyond Ruhwedel for now.

But yes, anyone (IMO) who isn't nervous about the loss of Hunwick.....who I don't feel as though has distinguished himself thus far......probably isn't paying much attention thus far.

Wondering if HCMS might switch things up with this weekend's double-header in Florida. Ordinarily, the Pens (and maybe most teams) play their #1 on the first night of the back-to-back.....this time, is it possible they go with Niemi tomorrow against the Panthers, and save Murray for the rematch in Tampa on Saturday ??

Meanwhile, I'm not the least bit happy I'm going to have to switch between the Mountaineers and Pens on Saturday night......so there. To quote from the movie, Patton: "All right now you sonsabitches.....you know how I feel" :angry:

Interesting team stats going into tonight's game at Tampa......BTW, did you guys know how I feel about the fact the Pens and Mountaineers are on at the same time tonight ?? [sick] Anyway......
  • Sid 5-5-10 (-5) 8 games
  • Geno 3-7-10 (-2) 8
  • Kessel 2-7-9 (0) 8
  • Maatta 2-6-8 (0) 8
  • Rusty 1-7-8 (0) 6
  • Sheary 4-1-5 (-4) 8
  • Horndog 3-2-5 (0) 5
  • Jake 2-3-5 (-6) 8
  • Letang 1-4-5 (-6) 8
  • Schultz 1-2-3 (-1) 8
  • Hags 1-1-2 (-1) 8
  • Murray 5-1 3.35 (.896)
  • Niemi 0-2 7.93 (.809)
Obviously, those monsterously bad +/- numbers for Sid, Jake and Letang are still largely driven by the Chicago abortion.

But even with that explanation, they're still miserable in the season's 3rd week. Was listening to a Fantasy show on NHLN Radio yesterday, and Letang is evidently killing people who drafted him tihis season.....even though he's in something like the Top 2 in the League in SOG by a defenseman (I understand that Brett Burns is stinking up the joint similarly thus far).

Meanwhile, I thought it was pretty noticeable that Jake and Sheary got demoted last night off Sid's line in favor of (I think) Horndog and Hags. Jake didn't seem to be scoring in keeping with the number of good chances he was receiving in the first five or six games, and I have to assume HCMS isn't anymore pleased with his (and Sheary's) +/- than yours truly. Of course, Sid won't get remotely as much criticism with the same +/-......but I'm frankly worried we're already seeing some indications of a sophomore slump in Jake's game.

Sid obviously makes everyone who skates with him better, but I think Hags was playing much better than last year.....even with his meh numbers.....even before he was put on Sid's line. To me, Hags was pretty dangerous last night.....and Horndog is going to the net like a freight train this far this season. I myself have no problem with this group being together for the time being.

I assume Niemi wil get the start again in Tampa tonight. Even though he gave up 5 to the Bolts in the last game, I understand he was viewed to have actually played a pretty decent game. At least that's what their radio P-b-P team of wacky-screamer Dave Mishkin and fossil Phil Espo were saying. Not sure that necessarily makes him a good choice for tonight, but hey; I'm just a fan......what the hell do I know.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT