ADVERTISEMENT

Pens 2017/18 Drop the puck! October.

Just tuned in the Sirius broadcast a moment after the Oil took the 2-1 lead.....what's the middle-of-the-game assessment of tonight's performance thus far ??

Just tuned in the Sirius broadcast a moment after the Oil took the 2-1 lead.....what's the middle-of-the-game assessment of tonight's performance thus far ??
They looked pretty good early, then the usual lul we expect...Talbot held em in there for some of the 2nd and I imagine Irwineer will not be happy with the lack of a clear off the ref by 58 for the 2nd Oil marker lol.
All in all...the usual pull your hair out mistakes followed by brilliant play?

Reactions: COOL MAN
They looked pretty good early, then the usual lul we expect...Talbot held em in there for some of the 2nd and I imagine Irwineer will not be happy with the lack of a clear off the ref by 58 for the 2nd Oil marker lol.
All in all...the usual pull your hair out mistakes followed by brilliant play?

Yeah, we're all intimitely familiar with that kind of game from the 'Guins.....but at least they earn the tie before the buzzer, which is a nice change from them giving up the last minute (or last second) goal this year.

Reactions: torontoeers
Did Corrado do anything.....good or bad ?? Probably not a bad time to take him out for a test drive, since the Trotman kid didn't do anything (and the Pens don't have Pouliot to kick around anymore).

BTW, Ol' 2-niner gave the game's first star to Letang.......and he also expects Jarry to get the start tomorrow night in Calgary.

letang was god awful last night... again. I'd like to hear phil borque's justification for giving him a star.

and before people start listing assists, lets keep in mind that he is a dman and his first responsibility is to that end of the ice. he played terribly last night (at this point he's been consistently poor) in his own end. 8 million to turn pucks over constantly?

there is a reason this year's d is a lot worse than last year and it starts with his frenchy ass back in the lineup.

Letang had an epically bad opening month, with just two even-strength points in 10 games (although he had six on the power play). Letang skated to an NHL-worst minus-14, but seeing as how plus/minus tells you nothing, we'll go to the possession story: He's minus-10 in Corsi counts at even strength and has only finished on the negative side of that ledger once in his nine-year career. There's no question that Letang's offseason preparation was interrupted by neck surgery, so maybe that's what has led to a parade of blown coverages and intercepted passes. His 25 giveaways are second-most in the NHL this season.

Yet the Penguins are skating him out like there's nothing inherently wrong with his game, to the tune of 26:30 on average. It's been too much, too soon. GM Jim Rutherford told the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette this week, "He's coming off a very serious injury. I believe he's tried to do too much. I believe we've played him way too many minutes because we've had to with the injuries."

here's your issue boys. I dare you to respond.

Letang had an epically bad opening month, with just two even-strength points in 10 games (although he had six on the power play). Letang skated to an NHL-worst minus-14, but seeing as how plus/minus tells you nothing, we'll go to the possession story: He's minus-10 in Corsi counts at even strength and has only finished on the negative side of that ledger once in his nine-year career. There's no question that Letang's offseason preparation was interrupted by neck surgery, so maybe that's what has led to a parade of blown coverages and intercepted passes. His 25 giveaways are second-most in the NHL this season.

Yet the Penguins are skating him out like there's nothing inherently wrong with his game, to the tune of 26:30 on average. It's been too much, too soon. GM Jim Rutherford told the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette this week, "He's coming off a very serious injury. I believe he's tried to do too much. I believe we've played him way too many minutes because we've had to with the injuries."

here's your issue boys. I dare you to respond.
Lol...I don't dispute he's had a rough start, as the article alludes to and as I surmised earlier , how much has to do with his injury past? Concussions and the neck being just two. There is no question the guy gets banged around back there with the best of them over the years. Too much too soon may be the case, although 58 has always been a fairly big minutes guy, and who are they gonna slot in for more? And also who is gonna take the responsibilty of the main puck lugger? I liked the job Daley did in relief over the last few years even with all his warts but he's gone now... Those early numbers aren't great but I'd like to see a larger sample size of say 30-40 games before I make the decision to say he's washed up....volley back...over to you sir...

Lol...I don't dispute he's had a rough start, as the article alludes to and as I surmised earlier , how much has to do with his injury past? Concussions and the neck being just two. There is no question the guy gets banged around back there with the best of them over the years. Too much too soon may be the case, although 58 has always been a fairly big minutes guy, and who are they gonna slot in for more? And also who is gonna take the responsibilty of the main puck lugger? I liked the job Daley did in relief over the last few years even with all his warts but he's gone now... Those early numbers aren't great but I'd like to see a larger sample size of say 30-40 games before I make the decision to say he's washed up....volley back...over to you sir...

shultz did more than a fine job replacing him last season. I realize he's concussed right now but shultz should be the "guy" back there.

as for the washed up stuff, I'd say he never had it to begin with. the is all a figment of pens fans imaginations. they see all the fluff (fancy skating and passing) and miss the substance (stupid penalties, dumb breakouts, can't hit the net on the pp)

shultz did more than a fine job replacing him last season. I realize he's concussed right now but shultz should be the "guy" back there.
I like Schultzie quite a bit...was a great find. However I wonder about his foot speed a bit, and IMO about 20 mins on ice has shown to be optimum for him, when logging larger minutes during injury plague he doesn't seem quite as effective in my eyes...

I like Schultzie quite a bit...was a great find. However I wonder about his foot speed a bit, and IMO about 20 mins on ice has shown to be optimum for him, when logging larger minutes during injury plague he doesn't seem quite as effective in my eyes...

we will never be able to tell because this organization and its fans felate 58 every day.

Lol...well I assure you I'm not felating him. I find him almost enigmatic...I like several facets he brings and hate others. I honest to goodness wonder bout his melon at this point...

agree completely. I don't think he's ever been one of the smartest guys around but after playing for awhile he might be worse off than original condition.

Reactions: torontoeers
draisaitl.gif

pick your head up pvssy.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT