ADVERTISEMENT

Pens 2017/18 Drop the puck! October.

Great shot by 81 there! Talbot looked awfully deep in the net, which helped I'm sure...lots of speed out there in OT with these two teams....happy to get the big W!

Just saw the replay.......absolute no man's land for Talbot with Kessel in on the break. PK has a lot in his bag of tricks, and I don't know how a goaltender decides to play him. Pens outshoot the Oil 44-30.

Heh heh......you're on a roll, t :smiley: BTW, for the record, Bobby Lou hurt his hand/wrist against the Pens last Friday night.

Meanwhile, was listening to NHLN Radio today, and they were scratching their talking heads about this signing as well. Scott Laughlin apparently connected with someone with the Panthers who supposedly indicated their top prospects in the minors were very young and not even close to being ready for the League. So, Niemi gets to backup Jimmy Reimer now.

Aside my earlier comments about Jeff Zatkoff, I was wondering about Anders Lindback.....after I looked at his stats, he doesn't look any better than Niemi (and arguably worse). Oh, and there was much discussion as to why NBCSN was showing the Red Wings at Sabres rather than Oil at Pens. Apparently, the US networks (and the League) have made a decision to avoid......after so many Crosby vs Ovechkin broadcasts in the past......televised games based on individual matchups. So, no Conner vs Sid tonight.

How, of course, they figure the Dead Wings at Buffalo are an attractive matchup for anyone outside Detroit and Buffalo is something nobody can explain. Unfortunately, I'm in Louisville tonight.....at a hotel with NBCSN on the cable. Guess I'll listen to the radio broadcast and hope for highlights on NBCSN.

As for Friedman's revelation on Duchene, I still wonder exactly what GMJR can/will give to Sakic to make this kind of deal happen. They don't have the defenseman to give, unless they're willing to move Justin Schultz (and I don't know if that's a good idea anyway). Additionally, if there's any smoke to this fire, I have to assume GMJR already figures he can move Kessel to Arizona.

Like many Pens fans (I think)..... but I know not all of them, OM.......I've grown to understand Kessel's act. He's simply what he is, and therefore just doesn't bother me as much anymore when he disappears because I just flat like the sonavabitch.
Lol! Right...the hand...apparently I am the one with the concussion....and after that laser tonight, I'm not too anxious to send Phil packing....yet! :wink:

Both Schultz and Letang left the ice......Schultz earlier in the game and Letang in the 3rd. From listening to Mike Lange and ol' 2-niner, it sounded like Schultz may indeed be injured.

I did see Letang head to the locker room under his own power, and not seeming like he was laboring. But when the words "Letang" and "hurt" are used in the same sentence, it's not a good development.

Reactions: Euell
Schultz in concussion protocol after tonight's game, and Rowney out 4 weeks with a busted hand.

Saw the replay of the game winner again......man, did Geno make some kind of pass to Kessel. Just flipped it dead flat to a spot where Kessel takes it in absolute full stride with Lucic in his vapor trail.

Reactions: Euell
Then he gets caught cheating down and the Jets get the puck past him for a 2 on 1. Dude got lucky we were able to get a stick on the centering pass or they score.

not to mention blasting into two jets on the powerplay opportunity there.

Reactions: DocEER
@Irwineer2, gotta love when Letang scores a goal for the other team. Horrible play by him.
Yikes....just dialed it up...busy packin up for Okie St on Sat (rain poncho #1 lol) , 1 all I see how they lookin tonight overall @DocEER and @Irwineer2 ? Myself and the boys were gonna do this game but tix were bloody expensive a few months ago. Last night 60 bones for lower ends? Damn! Not bad at all! Instead doing an Erie Otters vs Sudbury on way home Sunday....and who's got a tailgate I can crash on Sat morn lol :wink:...I am a regular at the Beanery lot on Patteson....Canadian Back Bacon and Maple Infused Rye if you guys are goin and want to drop in....
Lets go here Pens!

Yikes....just dialed it up...busy packin up for Okie St on Sat (rain poncho #1 lol) , 1 all I see how they lookin tonight overall @DocEER and @Irwineer2 ? Myself and the boys were gonna do this game but tix were bloody expensive a few months ago. Last night 60 bones for lower ends? Damn! Not bad at all! Instead doing an Erie Otters vs Sudbury on way home Sunday....and who's got a tailgate I can crash on Sat morn lol :wink:...I am a regular at the Beanery lot on Patteson....Canadian Back Bacon and Maple Infused Rye if you guys are goin and want to drop in....
Lets go here Pens!
What time do you get to BB lot "T?"

Lets go here Pens!

weather might keep me away. I'll let you know later. my buddies have a good tailgate in the light blue lot you are sure welcome to stop by... if I go.

Reactions: torontoeers
What's up with the stick to the hand penalty? That lasted less than 1 week it seems. Patrick Laine was laying the lumber to Sid's hands (3 times in one shift) and really nailed Kessel as he scored the game winning g goal. Not one time did a refs hand go up.

Tie game thus far, but I don't think the Pens are all that fired up to play a Wild team who kicked their asses twice last season.

ANOTHER collapse in progress.......I wouldn't think anyone in the universe is happier right now than Antti Niemi.

Murray did nothing in his first ever back to back start giving up the first 4 GA, but the Pens defense got blitzed in the last 5 minutes; from Letang to Troutman, they were completely lost as a group. Oh, and DeSmith gave up the 5th goal (on the first shot he ever saw in the League).

Just hoping the Steelers bring a little more tonight than the Guins.

Last edited:
Through 1 period tonight, the Pens have been outscored 27-6 in the second game of their back-to-backers thus far this year.

Granted it's the kid's first ever action.......and in a blowout, no less......but DeSmith isn't showing much indication he's got any business in the NHL.

Reactions: torontoeers
lepvssy has been nothing but pathetic. retire you french pvssy.

letang-turnover.gif

lepvssy has been nothing but pathetic. retire you french pvssy.

letang-turnover.gif

Listen, you can feel however you choose about Letang......meanwhile, I happen to agree he had a lousy game last night, and it wasn't his first of the year. But if you're anxious to see him retire, I question your knowledge of the game.

Listen, you can feel however you choose about Letang......meanwhile, I happen to agree he had a lousy game last night, and it wasn't his first of the year. But if you're anxious to see him retire, I question your knowledge of the game.

they just won a cup without him, so I'm going to have to question your knowledge...

So long Casey, it's been good to know you.......DeSmith sent back to WB/S, and Tristan Jarry has been recalled.

Uh oh...I sense a disagreement lol......
Allow me to interject by saying I have no idea wtf he was thinkin on that particular play...I see the ref there but let's face it, thats really no excuse whatsoever. More like rather than make the proper play IMO and circle back round the net , with his partner partner Maatta to help out he got damned lazy, and figured he knew better.
I honestly also wonder how his thought process is working now after having his bell rung in a serious manner several times. Is it affecting him more now? Maybe....doofus play by what is supposed to be an elite D man no doubt. Puss? Eeesh...not 58, with the abuse he's taken over the years IMO.

Nonetheless the last 2 games concern me a bit, vs decidely weaker opposition. Zero jam outta them...

Uh oh...I sense a disagreement lol......
Allow me to interject by saying I have no idea wtf he was thinkin on that particular play...I see the ref there but let's face it, thats really no excuse whatsoever. More like rather than make the proper play IMO and circle back round the net , with his partner partner Maatta to help out he got damned lazy, and figured he knew better.
I honestly also wonder how his thought process is working now after having his bell rung in a serious manner several times. Is it affecting him more now? Maybe....doofus play by what is supposed to be an elite D man no doubt. Puss? Eeesh...not 58, with the abuse he's taken over the years IMO.

Nonetheless the last 2 games concern me a bit, vs decidely weaker opposition. Zero jam outta them...

only pens fans think he's elite. hockey canada sure doesn't think so

I'm tired of watching him make stupid mental mistake after stupid mental mistake. too bad the pens couldn't get a used puck bag in return for him or I'd still be yelling for a trade like I have been since the 2012 meltdown in philly.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT