ADVERTISEMENT

Pens 2017/18 Drop the puck! October.

torontoeers

All-American
Nov 20, 2010
Port Perry Ontario
Been outta the loop for a month or 2 fellas, so I likely don't deserve to create the season opening thread but....tough bananas [banana] lol....RAISE THE BANNER! Drop the puck and get the 3peat !!!! Lets Go Pens!

Sheesh....seems like literally yesterday they lifted the mug....

Reactions: Euell
Been outta the loop for a month or 2 fellas, so I likely don't deserve to create the season opening thread but....tough bananas [banana] lol....RAISE THE BANNER! Drop the puck and get the 3peat !!!! Lets Go Pens!

Sheesh....seems like literally yesterday they lifted the mug....
The boys of winter are back! The cup is where it belongs! The quest for the threepeat begins! Drop it!

Reactions: torontoeers
No NBCSN in my suburban Detroit hotel room, but a bigtime AMEN to the NBC Sports streaming app.......1-1 (and I don't think the Blues goal was "kicked" in, even though Schenn's skate was moving toward the goal.....and the puck never goes in without that movement).

No NBCSN in my suburban Detroit hotel room, but a bigtime AMEN to the NBC Sports streaming app.......1-1 (and I don't think the Blues goal was "kicked" in, even though Schenn's skate was moving toward the goal.....and the puck never goes in without that movement).
Upon second look it looked good for the most part CM IMO....but this subjectiveness now drives me positively bonkers. I would rather to the rule off the skate and no good...until it affects the good guys that is! :wink:....not surprised at all after the first. Road team coming in and fired up a bit on opening night in an opposition barn, let alone a cup champ barn. Happy you have it locked in on the stream. Where you been all my life...last 2 months anyway? Lol.... Blues often a bad matchup in my eyes...Dig in boys...let em know who the champs are...

Not walking on eggshells at least tonight guys...although I secretly and you all love it lol. Eggshells are on Saturday afternoon at 3.30. Damn I hope they show up. I know the O will....Gibby, say whatever you must to this D to get a stop or 2. And I am also hopeful our lads simply survive. These Frogs can be dirty...The Trickett neck stretcher a few years back happened right in front of me (and you Euell) in the stands. Livid about it then...bugs me still. LGM!

Upon second look it looked good for the most part CM IMO....but this subjectiveness now drives me positively bonkers. I would rather to the rule off the skate and no good...until it affects the good guys that is! :wink:....not surprised at all after the first. Road team coming in and fired up a bit on opening night in an opposition barn, let alone a cup champ barn. Happy you have it locked in on the stream. Where you been all my life...last 2 months anyway? Lol.... Blues often a bad matchup in my eyes...Dig in boys...let em know who the champs are...

As is always the case for the Pens when they play a big opponent. I actually thought they played a pretty good first 10 minutes.....though Euell only gave them credit for 5 :grimace:.....but they totally disappeared the second half of the period. My guess is HCMS is ripping them in the room.

Oh, Malkin and Kessel are complete no shows thus far......

Not walking on eggshells at least tonight guys...although I secretly and you all love it lol. Eggshells are on Saturday afternoon at 3.30. Damn I hope they show up. I know the O will....Gibby, say whatever you must to this D to get a stop or 2. And I am also hopeful our lads simply survive. These Frogs can be dirty...The Trickett neck stretcher a few years back happened right in front of me (and you Euell) in the stands. Livid about it then...bugs me still. LGM!
I had sort of forgotten about that "T." That was one heartbreaking loss! No help from the stripes that night. Correct me if I am wrong, but I don't think they even called a penalty on that play.

As is always the case for the Pens when they play a big opponent. I actually thought they played a pretty good first 10 minutes.....though Euell only gave them credit for 5 :grimace:.....but they totally disappeared the second half of the period. My guess is HCMS is ripping them in the room.

Oh, Malkin and Kessel are complete no shows thus far......
PK looks like John Belushi on skates.

OM! I hope he has a great season. That would mean a lot towards continued success for the B&G.

Speaking of stripes, they are taking over this game. It reminds me of college basketball.

As I recall, we used to moan about Murray's glove hand being so weak.......but if I'm not mistaken, he's been beaten three times tonight on the stick side. However, I'm not saying those weren't three honest shots by the Blues; I think all were essentially unchallenged/undefended from right up the slot.

Speaking of goaltending, when was the last time in this game that Allen had to come up with a big save for the Blues ??

As I recall, we used to moan about Murray's glove hand being so weak.......but if I'm not mistaken, he's been beaten three times tonight on the stick side. However, I'm not saying those weren't three honest shots by the Blues; I think all were essentially unchallenged/undefended from right up the slot.
None of them...no press there...making Allen look like P Roy tonight...imo the guy is shit, Blue D, pretty good...goaltending garbage. Fire the f'n puck already boys!
Whoa! Reaves? Hammer him already! He just ran our boy...encouraged in or not!

Bin

Speaking of goaltending, when was the last time in this game that Allen had to come up with a big save for the Blues ??
Bingo!

Well, they play the first 10 minutes.....and the last 10 minutes......well (and the 5 on 3 was obviously a good break for them at a good time). I honestly didn't think they had a shot at salvaging a point after going down by 2.

With a trip into Chicago......and in a place where they don't typically show very well.....tomorrow night, they needed to earn something tonight.

Oh damn....screened...thought a deflect original but should have had it? Maybe....that was FUN regardless...I missed it lol

I think if you get a piece of it, you need to make the save......and regardless how good the shots were, tonight simply wasn't a very good Game 1 of the Matt-Murray-by-himself era. WIll be very interesting to see to what extent he picks himself up off the mat tomorrow night.

Meanwhile, this Penguins defense better figure out a few things.....among them, how to defend their own slot......pretty damned quick.

definite kick on the Blues first goal...

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT