ADVERTISEMENT

Penguins: November 2018

Btw...I have this Devils crew on my broadcast and they are making my ears bleed...who are they? I recognize the play by play in some way, but who is the Jesse The Body Ventura colour guy? It's abysmal....

Kenny Daneyko

To my way of thinking.....if you're not a Devils fan.....he's kind of like an east coast version of Mickey Redmond, and that's not a compliment. But on those occasions where he isn't just being a Devils cheerleader, he's actually got some pretty good takes.

Reactions: torontoeers
FWIW, the talking heads on NHLN Radio today viewed the trade as much ado about nothing; no real surprise, since there's nobody in the League who they universally despise more than the Pens. In fact, one of their minor characters.....in commenting on Crosby's run-in with Kincaid on Jake's goal last night.....actually closed his comments by saying "at least the Devils won".

Meanwhile, Boomer Gordon took the Kings to task for the deal, arguing if they were going to get rid of former first-rounder Pearson, they should have been dealing for picks (or youngsters) rather than a vet.....and especially one becoming a FA. FWIW, he's a pretty big Kings fan, and feels they should be in full teardown mode right now. As for Pearson himself, this deal proves how ready the Kings were to cut their losses on him; he may not like having to leave SoCal, but I have a suspicion he'll come out as very pleased to be joining the Pens.

Meanwhile, unless Hags unexpectedly returns to HBK mode, my own personal guess is he'll become a free agent, and end up back in the Metro (or Atlantic) next season. Will be interesting to see what kind of new contract he signs.....and especially if anyone offers him more than 1 year. I suspect he'll be beyond delighted to sign somewhere for 2 years/$4 million, which is about right for a strong skater who can kill penalties (if little else).

It also sounds like the Pens player most disappointed in the deal is Horndog, who commented on DK that Hags was his best friend. Finally, is anyone as shocked as I am that GMJR.....at 69 years of age (and going on 70)......was offered (and signed) a 3-year extension ???

Definitely more upside...he's been struggling a bit too but imo good guys win on the face of it. Get him in here and in the lineup stat!

Not sure about this trade. I love Hags and our game is predicated on speed. And Pearson hasn’t scored a goal yet. So how does that make us better?

Not sure about this trade. I love Hags and our game is predicated on speed. And Pearson hasn’t scored a goal yet. So how does that make us better?
Not at all easy to lose perhaps the speediest player on roster...loved watchin him some nights the effort. But was struggling mighty with the puck....Pearson better find a way to hit the twine now that he has some of the best of the best to be paired with....will eagerly await how this one turns out over the next month or 2...

@Euell and all....we have the first ever Mountaineer athlete from my Alma mater Dunbarton HS in Pickering Ont! Welcome Home 'Liyah Scott'...had to mention...
Whoa ya! [banana]
Dr-7pDIX4AA9q8W

@Euell and all....we have the first ever Mountaineer athlete from my Alma mater Dunbarton HS in Pickering Ont! Welcome Home 'Liyah Scott'...had to mention...
Whoa ya! [banana]
Dr-7pDIX4AA9q8W
This is exciting news, "T!" I can't wait to see her play! I hope to get up to see the girls play this weekend! See you at OU game!

Looks like the soccer ladies have a legit chance to get back to the final four. Early in the year they couldn't score. Now at least they are putting the ball in the net.
How do they rate this year compared to last OM1 or anyone else? Tuned in a number of times last year and they looked unbeatable at times...only seen about a half or so this year unfortunately...

Bolts tonight boys...anyone have a line on who gets the hemp hut? Whichever one it is better be dialed right in or it could be a long evening...

Sully said earlier today that Murray is in net tonight. He also said that Sid’s upper body injury will likely keep him out at least a week. The good news just keeps coming. Ugh.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT