ADVERTISEMENT

Penguins: November 2018

Question for you guys.......should I take down my now-old SC Champions-Pens image above my name, or should I just say "screw it" and leave the damned thing up ??

If it pisses off Cryers and Craps (and Bruins and Dead Wings and Leafs and Hawks and.....) fans, that in itself is a good enough reason to leave it up. OTOH, we all know the MMB isn't exactly teeming with NHL fans; and those that are aren't exactly jumping into my shit.....mostly because, as of several years ago, I largely gave up posting on the MMB & TBL.....and as of 1/20/16, the OTB :D

Question for you guys.......should I take down my now-old SC Champions-Pens image above my name, or should I just say "screw it" and leave the damned thing up ??

If it pisses off Cryers and Craps (and Bruins and Dead Wings and Leafs and Hawks and.....) fans, that in itself is a good enough reason to leave it up. OTOH, we all know the MMB isn't exactly teeming with NHL fans; and those that are aren't exactly jumping into my shit.....mostly because, as of several years ago, I largely gave up posting on the MMB & TBL.....and as of 1/20/16, the OTB :D
Oh like a beacon in the night the OTB...for those who want to brow beat others into their point of view with sordid profanities, no bending or breaking! I pull that up about once a week just to see if I can find the word Canada, and what some douchebag is saying, so I can wade in and provide actual fact. It's a tiring excercise that really I should give up...the rest of the political banter is downright UGLY, and I have little to no skin in the game,so it is bemusing at best...in fact the OT threads on BL seem to be in overdrive of late, my bet is because nobody can bear to wade through the nonsense bickering over politics for a simple question.
As per the avatar. I usually leave chosen Newf dog with WV gear till after football season is over and then switch it over come January to dog 'B' in Pens gear then on out lol...although I only have the one now. Fella in my current one as you know passed a few weeks back :frown:...that bugger watched every damned game with me, sweet bear...
I say leave it for now if so inclined. It reminds me of days that are not so far in our past and hopefully to come again. That is what Pens fans do...we own that shit quite a bit over the last decade or 2...flaunt it like a peacock!!!

Reactions: COOL MAN
Also...BIG games tomorrow fellas...not sure which one I want more...well of course the Eers cause it means more on the whole. Gonna be pacing all damn day and night. Keep myself busy up till 3.30 and let er rip...normally I would watch the noon starts, but unwise tomorrow...if I am anything but cogent by around 8pm or so just humour me...I am likely 100% idiot at that point....LGM! LGP!

Well....are we all ok here? We've all been through the ringer x10. I'm not sure I have the emotional wherewithal to go thru this one as well but I must....1-0 I see...well ok...cause we ALL SAYIN HELL YA!!!! BALLSY!!!!!!!! WOO HOO!!!!

Turned on the game after returning home from dinner (and after WVU) like t did with the score 0-1.....stuck with it until 0-3.....and then gave up. Comments in this morning's paper seem to indicate the Pens are NOT a happy team after their 3rd loss in a row......nor should they be.

Ordinarily, I'd be bummed today, especially after a Pens turd that big. But after that Mountaineer game finish, I refuse to allow the Pens to pull me down.

Reactions: torontoeers
Urban Tap Southside for dinner one of our faves...and then Jacks for plenty of beers, dropped into that joint a few years back and its no surprise the same...anyone familiar with Jacks lol?
Good times...doing the incline tomorrow which after lord knows how many visits we've actually never done surprisingly...

Reactions: Euell
looked to me like murray got the top end of his stick stuck in the net on that goal against.

way to ruin a 2 on 1 lefvck.

I hear you brother. Been a rough couple of weeks in my life, so I’m extra sappy. Hopefully I’ll be back to main board status soon.

hey bro, I didn't even see you were having an issue until just now and I'm all johnny manziel what's going on gif.... so my bad

Beginning a week in Michigan tonight in Auburn Hills......sounds (after 2 periods) like this is a good night to be 300 miles from my Center Ice package.

Heard Lange say Murray almost fell trying to stop the first Devils goal.....how has he looked since ?? Does 4 goals after two tell me all I need to know ??

Well.........first off sorry for being in attendance , but you all KNEW it was coming...and here we go....
That was the WORST f'n display I have ever seen live out of our guys over many games. I even asked the wife 'so how'd you feel about that?' Her words, disgusting and zero effort from any of them.
My perspective is I'm gonna drive 5 1/2 hrs down the road with friends to introduce them to a game and the local enviro both in and out of the rink and you freakin Pens give us THAT? After a sound thrashing on Saturday night you give us a worse performance?
I love my team and always have but I am ashamed of that response.
My buddy said 'why in the hell do they insist on going up the middle all night only to get beat soundly? My only response was , I have no clue it has never been our game it's always been to chip and flip it from the outside and outwork em low. Why in the hell are they doing this of late? I can fault one on Murray tonight, the rest came through incredibly lazy play and wrapping up NOBODY. Outskilled tonight and why? Because the juggernaut NJ Devils are better than you stiffs obviously. Sid, invisible, Jake equally so, Geno in lala land....after apparently knockin everyones socks off out west this is what we get? Wish I'd been awake to see the Oil and Nuks games cause frankly WE SUCK NOW.
OK rant over....for now...leaving tomorrow in disgust and wondering why I bother to drop the money. At least the Eers give an effort of late when the chips are down or they up against a wall....

Watching the game tonight with my boy. Gotta get this one.

Love you guys and keep thinking of me.

LGP!
Doc...I am REALLY hopein they absolutely drill St. Lou in March for you and the young fella ( I think thats the one you picked?), cause they owe us all after tonight...tell me both of ya at least got a good jump up on that one marker by the Big Rig...take care....

I see they shuffled around a bit between WB/S and the big club....was I too harsh in my previous assessment lol? Don't get me wrong...we had a GREAT time as usual in The Burgh , however I am hopeful they are simply not re-arranging deck chairs...the leaders and regulars on this team need a serious look in the mirror last week or so....who am I kidding...you guys are all focused on mid-terms tonight. Or perhaps you aren't...politics worldwide have turned to more of a shitshow than a hockey game / team imo...

@DocEER

I hope you and your son had a good time with the game monday... I also hope things turn around for you soon.

@torontoeers

I hope you never go to another game again.
[roll]
HOME game! And I agree...but I warned you. I bring a bad disease to PPG...
My road record is impeccable. Well 'ceptin here...LA, Fla, Buffalo, Ottawa all wins!
I think my biggest disappointment in retrospect is no more Yeungling at the arena? Wtf? Iron City Beer now instead? What the hell was that crap, other than a lump of iron in my gut...never again with that 'brew'...

[roll]
HOME game! And I agree...but I warned you. I bring a bad disease to PPG...
My road record is impeccable. Well 'ceptin here...LA, Fla, Buffalo, Ottawa all wins!
I think my biggest disappointment in retrospect is no more Yeungling at the arena? Wtf? Iron City Beer now instead? What the hell was that crap, other than a lump of iron in my gut...never again with that 'brew'...

We were chilling on the couch. He feel asleep at the tail end of the 1st period.

He will go nuts in March for the Blues game.

just like me falling asleep after the second period every night.

Reactions: Irwineer2
you doing ok man?

I'm really sorry about that yesterday, I didn't read the first part of the thread because I didn't want to read the sap recap of a blowout to the leaves.
I’m hanging in there, days are getting better. No worries man. I know you had no ill will with it.

Reactions: Irwineer2
ADVERTISEMENT