ADVERTISEMENT

Penguins: November 2018

Geez....60 mins with zip. Want those chances back from the first....great effort with nothing to show. Zona comin in on Saturday....dare I say they should feel REAL hungry? Ah
...g'night lads....damn!!!

Needed this point at minimum.

I was thinking that with about 5:00 left.....but we've all seen these kinds of games; lots of times, the Pens have won.

As for the sole reason why the Craps won tonight.....while he did stop a lot of rubber, I honestly thought it was one of those games where it didn't seem like Holtby was forced to move very much.

Oh and even better...There is a special on here now about how Sid and McKinnon did all that stuff with the ONE Kenyan hockey team on their journey to Canada for a game....I'm all busted up further...but in a different way...will try and find it for you guys.

I was thinking that with about 5:00 left.....but we've all seen these kinds of games; lots of times, the Pens have won.

As for the sole reason why the Craps won tonight.....while he did stop a lot of rubber, I honestly thought it was one of those games where it didn't seem like Holtby was forced to move very much.
What hurt too was in the 2nd where Pens had chances on what was a virtually empty net and couldn't net one.

I happily stand corrected on my call that Geno would be suspended.

Can't believe it; my daughter and her new guy friend are spending a getaway weekend in Pittsburgh. And, what in the hell do you think they're doing tonight.....YOTES AT PENS (her first ever NHL game).

So, if they break the streak tonight, you know to whom I'll give the credit. And if they lose their 6th in a row, then I'll blame......I don't know, maybe t ??? :wink::wink::wink:

Reactions: torontoeers
Can't believe it; my daughter and her new guy friend are spending a getaway weekend in Pittsburgh. And, what in the hell do you think they're doing tonight.....YOTES AT PENS (her first ever NHL game).

So, if they break the streak tonight, you know to whom I'll give the credit. And if they lose their 6th in a row, then I'll blame......I don't know, maybe t ??? :wink::wink::wink:
Boom! Horni makes it 3-0!
So @DocEER how'd they look laat night? I was up in them mountains with little access to the game other than seeing the score mount! And @COOL MAN assuming your daughter had a rave review of the game/wknd as well? Is she a Pens fan by birth, Dad's push etc? As I know you in Cincy area now, and not sure for how long thats been? Also seem to remember you saying she went to Bowling Green? Just thank god she's not a Blojax fan...that would be tragic...

My daughter indeed gets the cred for the streak-breaker on Saturday night......not sure I'd call her a fan "by birth", but she does seem to be developing greater allegiance for the Steelers and Pens as she gets older. Oh, and she did go to Bowling Green, and actually took in pucks a couple times as a senior.

If she rooted for the Blojax (like her new BF), I'd probably kick her ass right in front of her mother :cool2:

Two things from The Athletic today:

--The Pens, not surprisingly, aren't too happy with the reduction in Wilson's suspension.....the consensus is that, given the number of appeals Wilson made to get the suspension reduced, he really has no intention of changing his act. Matt Cullen was quoted as saying the reduction was a "bad look" for the League.

--Matt Murray supposedly left Monday's skate without speaking to reporters, which is apparently quite unusual for him. Seems to me that if he's pissed at losing "his" cage (temporarily, at least) to DeSmith, it's up to him to win it back.

Two things from The Athletic today:

--The Pens, not surprisingly, aren't too happy with the reduction in Wilson's suspension.....the consensus is that, given the number of appeals Wilson made to get the suspension reduced, he really has no intention of changing his act. Matt Cullen was quoted as saying the reduction was a "bad look" for the League.

--Matt Murray supposedly left Monday's skate without speaking to reporters, which is apparently quite unusual for him. Seems to me that if he's pissed at losing "his" cage (temporarily, at least) to DeSmith, it's up to him to win it back.
It sure is up to him...he had a few bad outings and thus Casey SHOULD get the cage at least for time being...this may be the push both need. I'm overjoyed at the competition...

Wilson...not surprised. And F him.

Oh...and uh...Casey...HANG ONTO THE ****IN PUCK! WTF?

its time to start wondering wtf is wrong with this team...
Is this the usual mid winter letdown started a bit early? They seem to be ripping off high scoring wins on the road trip out west and Zona, but lets face it, these are ner do wells. In these conference and div games they are looking simply dreadful. The supporting cast looks weak, and the top 6 look completely disinterested....oh and I am now at the point of saying F this Sprong guy...I believe all of what the 'experts' were saying about him now. A low effort whenever D is required and anybody had their socks knocked off by him offensively? I've barely heard the kids name...

Reactions: Irwineer2
did I just watch phil kessel dump the puck on the power play? did I also just see them retrieve said dump? holy fook... and they get rewarded with the goal by guess who??? 81.

Brodeur....it was at least a brief ceremony. My buddy was at the gala last night here and said it was pretty good...how could it not be with free top shelf booze and apps....
Unpopular position on this board but....the greatest I personally ever saw, F P Roy...Brodeur re-invented the position with his stick so much so that they had to handcuff him. And as acrobatic a goalie one could ever find. So many low scoring games (ya true that strangling NJ trap) and he held em in. Not to mention the international resume... I can respect his Devil ass...was trying to think, who else had a stick as good? Bishop is pretty good with it...who else? My mind is going blank here....

Reactions: COOL MAN
Brodeur....it was at least a brief ceremony. My buddy was at the gala last night here and said it was pretty good...how could it not be with free top shelf booze and apps....
Unpopular position on this board but....the greatest I personally ever saw, F P Roy...Brodeur re-invented the position with his stick so much so that they had to handcuff him. And as acrobatic a goalie one could ever find. So many low scoring games (ya true that strangling NJ trap) and he held em in. Not to mention the international resume... I can respect his Devil ass...was trying to think, who else had a stick as good? Bishop is pretty good with it...who else? My mind is going blank here....

anyone who's nemesis is alexei morozov blows... average keeper with an exceptional team d in front of him. the only thing exceptional about him was stickwork.

anyone who's nemesis is alexei morozov blows... average keeper with an exceptional team d in front of him. the only thing exceptional about him was stickwork.
[roll]
tenor.gif

Btw...I have this Devils crew on my broadcast and they are making my ears bleed...who are they? I recognize the play by play in some way, but who is the Jesse The Body Ventura colour guy? It's abysmal....

Last edited:
Tanger a few years back woulda side stepped that block rather than shooting. Watch it if ya have a chance/can stomach it tomorrow gents...instead drills it right into him for the massive rebound out to Hall...brilliant decision.

Somebody needs to simply take Tom Wilson out...behind the arena with a lead pipe or something.... Leave the ****er in a wheelchair sucking from a straw. Oh did I say that? Whoops!

Tanger a few years back woulda side stepped that block rather than shooting. Watch it if ya have a chance/can stomach it tomorrow gents...instead drills it right into him for the massive rebound out to Hall...brilliant decision.

My take away from that play was that Fat Phil didn't shoot (potential one-timer) when he had the puck with limited traffic in front and a decent angle. Instead he goes back to the congested middle where Letang just drills it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT