ADVERTISEMENT

Penguins: November 2018

He was awful for certain...however that first 'penalty' on him? A joke right? Who was the ref that called it...I wanna 'chat' with him...pathetic

After the last Letang penalty Bourque said he doesn’t have any words to describe him. As bad as Letang is, how the Pens don’t demote Kesssel to the 4th line and/or trade Malkin, I don’t know. Neither mofo broke a sweat tonight and the shortie was a direct result of Kessel gliding behind the net and not skating to actually be the first to the puck. Instead it’s turned around and a breakaway.

Reactions: Irwineer2
And once again another rook goalie gets our number.( this is one @COOL MAN often mentions, the fact some no name comes in and stones us)..although tonight I honestly think he wasn't seriously challenged enough....so what now. Another Metro loss...this is getting old. Especially after the early jam that we saw...

Reactions: Irwineer2
After the last Letang penalty Bourque said he doesn’t have any words to describe him. As bad as Letang is, how the Pens don’t demote Kesssel to the 4th line and/or trade Malkin, I don’t know. Neither mofo broke a sweat tonight and the shortie was a direct result of Kessel gliding behind the net and not skating to actually be the first to the puck. Instead it’s turned around and a breakaway.
After the LAST one yes...29er is right
...the first one was bullshit. And as for the PK blame on the shortie? 58 sees it all the way and needed to back off the blueline...they BOTH own it.
These Cryer chumps are just that and once again playing kitty bar the door hockey with ZERO need to do it...it's getting tired...

time to shake these guys up rutherford...
What's he gonna do next? His chips are minimal lets face it...he's not trading ANYBODY in the top 6 because he can't get proper value...who's your man? And don't say 58, nobody wants him for any return... Who's goin? I'd jettison Rusty but who the hell wants him at his number?

What's he gonna do next? His chips are minimal lets face it...he's not trading ANYBODY in the top 6 because he can't get proper value...who's your man? And don't say 58, nobody wants him for any return... Who's goin? I'd jettison Rusty but who the hell wants him at his number?

After the LAST one yes...29er is right
...the first one was bullshit. And as for the PK blame on the shortie? 58 sees it all the way and needed to back off the blueline...they BOTH own it.
These Cryer chumps are just that and once again playing kitty bar the door hockey with ZERO need to do it...it's getting tired...

I agree Letang had plenty of time to read that play but where was the other defenseman? Kessel going behind the goal with zero intentions of winning a battle allowed the easy play by the Cryers.

I'm not opposed to it but....we need to replace those goals no matter what his pace is today....his number is actually the most friendly among the top guys at I think roughly 6? What you want back? You say D, then we all on pins and needles that of all guys Sprong is getting close to those numbers...not happnin anytime soon if ever...ie: we are ****ed!

I'm not opposed to it but....we need to replace those goals no matter what his pace is today....his number is actually the most friendly among the top guys at I think roughly 6? What you want back? You say D, then we all on pins and needles that of all guys Sprong is getting close to those numbers...not happnin anytime soon if ever...ie: we are ****ed!

I’m convinced this is an effort issue vs a talent issue at the forward position. Too many of these pukes just cashing checks. Serious issues at keeper and defense is average at best.

I havent been disappointed in DeSmith this year really...a few weak ones but vs the Cryers? Our guys should score 4 or 5 minimum vs that D and their goalies...then it's a non issue...

Like 29 said on the radio, the flyers have a short handed breakaway and score. The pens have one and shoot it right into the chest of the keeper. 25 shots for the flyers and you would hope they don’t get 3

give me a young winger and a pick.

I’m convinced this is an effort issue vs a talent issue at the forward position. Too many of these pukes just cashing checks. Serious issues at keeper and defense is average at best.
Once again I will respectfully disagree on the netminding of late...Casey has been doing enough imo. His save percentage alone dictates it...this is not the issue last 2-3 weeks anyway imo. The effort up front? Well you know , I know, we all know the top 6 goes with ebbs and flows...Sid is pretty good last few weeks, Geno was the 2 weeks before that, we are used to this long time ago....I still come back to those role players...they are not of the same jam imo as 2 years prior...GMJR can play with that a bit and thats a good thing imo.

Once again I will respectfully disagree on the netminding of late...Casey has been doing enough imo. His save percentage alone dictates it...this is not the issue last 2-3 weeks anyway imo. The effort up front? Well you know , I know, we all know the top 6 goes with ebbs and flows...Sid is pretty good last few weeks, Geno was the 2 weeks before that, we are used to this long time ago....I still come back to those role players...they are not of the same jam imo as 2 years prior...GMJR can play with that a bit and thats a good thing imo.

I think I read that Geno has 3 even strength points (no goals) since 11/1. That isn’t trying. But to your point, Brassard was supposedly be a great third line center. He flat out sucks. Sprong is proving he has no business in NHL. Rust and Ashton Reese just can’t do anything. Other than Horny, who produces consistently from the bottom 6?

Reactions: torontoeers
FWIW, DK unloaded specifically on Brassard in last night's post game......borderline begging the team to cut their losses on him right now for almost anything.

ADVERTISEMENT