ADVERTISEMENT

Penguins: November 2018

Happy thanksgiving to my fellow Penguin brothers: @Irwineer2, @torontoeers, @Euell, @COOL MAN, @WVRON, @Original Mountaineer1.

This year, especially recently has been trying as ****. Hopefully resolution soon, so please think of me.

On a brighter note, I decided to celebrate Thanksgiving by arranging a quick roadie for my son and I. We will be in the Burg Saturday to watch us take down the BloJax. Look for us as our tickets are pretty damn sweet. Section 101, Row K. LGP!!!!
F'n eh!!! Have a great time at the game...hoping our boys have turned the corner here and give you and the young lad plenty to cheer about! LGP! LGM!

Reactions: DocEER
HT to all, especially t......who should have the right to celebrate this Thursday holiday along with the rest of us drunks. And Doc, my fingers remain crossed for a favorable solution to your recent concerns.

Meanwhile, after that awful 24 hours we had to deal with last weekend.....football and basketball plus the Pens (at least the Steelers won, barely).....maybe the Lord can give us some payback tomorrow against the Broons and Sooners.

Now THAT would be a pretty good day !!

I still think this team needs another shakeup... perhaps murray on ir and having two young goalies will pull them together for awhile.

still waiting on the arrival of daniel sprong... perhaps he gets moved next...

the pearson trade looks great right now. I like the size he brings. he's not slow either. I'll have two tv's rocking for the bruins/sooners friday.

I still think this team needs another shakeup... perhaps murray on ir and having two young goalies will pull them together for awhile.

still waiting on the arrival of daniel sprong... perhaps he gets moved next...

the pearson trade looks great right now. I like the size he brings. he's not slow either. I'll have two tv's rocking for the bruins/sooners friday.
I loved me some Carl H, especially on the PK, but Pearson has more offensive punch than Carl and appears willing to attempt to play D.

Just read a day-old report from DK theorizing that Murray might be dealing with a broken foot.....an injury said to be elusive to treat early in the process, with players often trying to play through the issue in advance of additional X-Ray diagnosis.

I sure hope the cuirrent issue is something like that; because I freely admit my own initital thoughts were the team trumped up this LBI as a smokescreen.....and finally decided to just ship him back to Thunder Bay to work out what appear to be continuing concerns (for me, at least) between his ears.

But even if true, I worry the team should maybe start coming to serious grips.....though exactly how, I'm not sure.....with this becoming-more-apparent-by-the-month reality the kid is borderline-shockingly fragile physically, and may be someone they simply can't count on over the long haul.

Reactions: torontoeers
Win, lose, or draw tonight.......the absolute WORST thing for yours truly about ANY Pens-Blojax game is the fact Center Ice is always blacked out for me, and I'm stuck with Jeff Rimer and Jody Shelley on FSN-Ohio[sick][sick][sick][sick][sick]

Well, that's 5 points in the last 3 games.....might not put them back with the Cup favorites, but it's a damned site better than 9 losses in 10 games. Might have been one of their 3 best efforts if the season tonight.

Also, nice to see Jake have the big night......

FWIW, the Pens play at Winnipeg tomorrow night with the Jets coming in at 2-2-0 in their last four, whch means they're hardly red hot. Of course, those four games were on the road; prior to that road trip, the Jets were 3-0-1 in their previous four at home.

Meanwhile, the Pens are in Colorado on Wednesday; hardly the most desirable back-to-back coming off the previous night in Winnipeg. Fortunately, the schedule makers didn't do the Avalanche any favors either, with a game in Nashville while the Pens are in Winnipeg.

Coming into their game with the Preds, the 'lanche are on a 4 game winning streak (the first 3 which were on the road).

Whoa, Flyers fire Ron Hextall.....

Guess ownership finally decided they wanted more old-time Flyers (especially after getting tattooed by the Laffs) than what Hextall is/was willing to give them. Additionally, there apparently is/was thought to be some disagreement with Hextall's uber-conservative handling of goaltending prospect Carter Hart.

Several names are initially being thrown around as a possible replacements; since he's obviously not replacing GMJR anytime soon, I assume they'd at least talk to Billy Guerin. However, if they insist on someone with previous GM experience, I wonder if someone like Jerky Burky (Brian Burke) might be more Paul Holmgren's type.

Meanwhile, the Canadiens have apparently cut their losses on Karl Alzner......released today.

Whoa, Flyers fire Ron Hextall.....

Guess ownership finally decided they wanted more old-time Flyers (especially after getting tattooed by the Laffs) than what Hextall is/was willing to give them. Additionally, there apparently is/was thought to be some disagreement with Hextall's uber-conservative handling of goaltending prospect Carter Hart.

Several names are initially being thrown around as a possible replacements; since he's obviously not replacing GMJR anytime soon, I assume they'd at least talk to Billy Guerin. However, if they insist on someone with previous GM experience, I wonder if someone like Jerky Burky (Brian Burke) might be more Paul Holmgren's type.

Meanwhile, the Canadiens have apparently cut their losses on Karl Alzner......released today.
The number one thing that comes to mind when I think about those LOSERS over the last 2 or 3 decades is their complete ineptitude in finding a suitable netminder...I can't think of a single one who was anything other than half decent for a year or two. That's abysmal...and I guess they pray Hart is the answer although I have my doubts...former goalie as GM and even he couldn't find a guy or put enough emphasis on it. When you're screwballin around with Elliot as your starter for round one of playoff last year wtf does that say? That asshat town deserves the Cryers franchise over the years, fits like a glove.

Good luck with the Broad Street Bullies approach too...lemme know how that all shakes out ya Gritty tools...

Reactions: COOL MAN
The number one thing that comes to mind when I think about those LOSERS over the last 2 or 3 decades is their complete ineptitude in finding a suitable netminder...I can't think of a single one who was anything other than half decent for a year or two. That's abysmal...and I guess they pray Hart is the answer although I have my doubts...former goalie as GM and even he couldn't find a guy or put enough emphasis on it. When you're screwballin around with Elliot as your starter for round one of playoff last year wtf does that say? That asshat town deserves the Cryers franchise over the years, fits like a glove.

Good luck with the Broad Street Bullies approach too...lemme know how that all shakes out ya Gritty tools...

there's something to be said for consistency...

why the fvck were they playing janet jackson's "black cat" between whistles in winnipeg? weirdos...

Reactions: DocEER
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT