ADVERTISEMENT

Penguins: November 2018

2-9'er said MM should have had the 4th TB goal......and both he and Lange are going downright bananas with how players are being tossed from the faceoff circle by the linesmen on virtually every faceoff.

Reactions: torontoeers
How do they rate this year compared to last OM1 or anyone else? Tuned in a number of times last year and they looked unbeatable at times...only seen about a half or so this year unfortunately...
I haven't watched but bits and pieces. They seem to be able to play with anyone. Early in the year they just couldn't score. Definitely scoring now. I believe all of their losses are to ranked teams.

DK reporting that Brassard practiced today and is a possibility for tomorrow night in Ottawa.
Does he have the predication to stupid like the rest of them of late? I'm really starting to wonder whether Sully has a handle on all this...cause frankly it's unacceptable imo. We know the top guns coast from time to time however, that's not the glaring issue to my eyes...it's the bottom 6. They are complete ASS...I can't even blame the D anymore...at least they look bad in giving some semblance of effort. Rusty, Sheahan, CULLEN, and Sprong? You 4 are complete garbage. And honourable mention to Simon...why you get top line minutes is beyond my or anyone's understanding... I guess I am venting.. however also quite clear...

Reactions: COOL MAN
These next 3 tell the tale as far as I'm concerned...you cant win ALL of them vs the Sens, Sabres, and Stars at home OR on the road, then what is the point....they are way to far back at that point to bother to care...and mgmt better start to realize it...87 in the lineup or not...

Well here we are...MM yanked vs the WORST team in the league...I didn't see a lick of any of it as I've been sulking like the rest of ya last half hour or so...It was crushing, beyond that I won't get into it...I have my gripes but not ready to discuss...YET. Ah man....what a day....

May as well hang our netminders out to dry tonight again it seems...what a joke this D and effort outta the forwards. I'm about done....at least the Eers players tried...why bother. They don't. Ho hum.

We have OFFICIAL hit bottom. I need to go to bed....oh...beyond bottom on the 5th....may as well edit....Sully? You feelin HOT on your ass yet? You should...you are tuned right the F out...

This game......2H of this afternoon's game......last night's game

What in the hell did we do to deserve THAT trio ??

This game......2H of this afternoon's game......last night's game

What in the hell did we do to deserve THAT trio ??
What a wknd CM....moreover...what is your view on this team? I am still seeing ZERO out of these bottom six, and this is imo whether they are able or not for Sully to coach em up. He isn't. It's aweful imo.

What a wknd CM....moreover...what is your view on this team? I am still seeing ZERO out of these bottom six, and this is imo whether they are able or not for Sully to coach em up. He isn't. It's aweful imo.

For me, the core of their problems remain puck management and goaltending.

There's seemingly nobody on the team (including Sid) who hasn't had a turnover contribute to an opposing goal this season.....Kessel, in particular, seems to be dealing with that issue right now.....but they're going absolutely nowhere with Murray in the dregs. DeSmith is doing everything he's capable of doing, but they're dead if they feel as though they have to rely on him.

Even the highest scoring teams in the League have to be able to win 2-1 games, and that's just not in the cards for this team right now.

For me, the core of their problems remain puck management and goaltending.

There's seemingly nobody on the team (including Sid) who hasn't had a turnover contribute to an opposing goal this season.....Kessel, in particular, seems to be dealing with that issue right now.....but they're going absolutely nowhere with Murray in the dregs. DeSmith is doing everything he's capable of doing, but they're dead if they feel as though they have to rely on him.

Even the highest scoring teams in the League have to be able to win 2-1 games, and that's just not in the cards for this team right now.
We differ a bit on the goaltending...I don't see how either could help in the way they are being so badly out hustled. We've been here before somewhat but to me, this one is REALLY bad....they all looked simply dreadful yet again. Lost out there. Numerous D breakdowns vs vastly inferior opposition. A few more and it's time to either fire the coach (yep I said it) or start the fire sale...it is way to hard to make up these kind of points in todays league...if you more optimistic (which you seem to be) then I want to follow...and will do my best to do so :wink:....damn it's tough to watch though...

We differ a bit on the goaltending...I don't see how either could help in the way they are being so badly out hustled. We've been here before somewhat but to me, this one is REALLY bad....they all looked simply dreadful yet again. Lost out there. Numerous D breakdowns vs vastly inferior opposition. A few more and it's time to either fire the coach (yep I said it) or start the fire sale...it is way to hard to make up these kind of points in todays league...if you more optimistic (which you seem to be) then I want to follow...and will do my best to do so :wink:....damn it's tough to watch though...

We need a 9 out of 10 game win streak just to get back into the 5-6 slot in the east. I watched that game last night and just don't understand these defensive breakdowns. I am not a hockey X and O guy and can't tell you why but the number uncovered Sens was insane until the 3rd when they finally sat back and played defense.

In the past I have pointed my finger at the captain and his lack of leadership. But I honestly think he was working pretty hard until the injury. I know the goaltending has been mediocre but darn it was hard to blame the keepers on any of the 6 last night.

Maybe Sully got to go? If not who do you trade other than Geno? There will no market for 58 or 81. I doubt you can get anything of value for Brassard or Horny. What do you do?

We need a 9 out of 10 game win streak just to get back into the 5-6 slot in the east. I watched that game last night and just don't understand these defensive breakdowns. I am not a hockey X and O guy and can't tell you why but the number uncovered Sens was insane until the 3rd when they finally sat back and played defense.

In the past I have pointed my finger at the captain and his lack of leadership. But I honestly think he was working pretty hard until the injury. I know the goaltending has been mediocre but darn it was hard to blame the keepers on any of the 6 last night.

Maybe Sully got to go? If not who do you trade other than Geno? There will no market for 58 or 81. I doubt you can get anything of value for Brassard or Horny. What do you do?
It keeps up and we see a firesale come February...and yep, so hard to make up ground in this current point structure. I certainly don't see this current edition making strides to achieve a win streak of that magnitude, NO WAY. The X's and O's you speak of are rudementary. Get on the puck deep in our zone, make that transition pass out quick and get on the damn thing in the O zone. Ottawa plays a LW lock type system still, but thats no excuse with the state of their team. This was the worst team in the freakin entire league under constant turmoil and they flippin waxed the Pens on effort. That is bloody concerning.
Ya I can't really blame any of the top six too much...it is the bottom six I keep harping on, and those guys fall straight in the lap of GMJR for the roster and Sully to COACH them up. Things continue at this pace then Sully will be lookin for new employment whether he's a 2 time cup winner or not...funny enough I actually thought Jack Johnson had one of his better games thus far. Cleaning up the mess that his teamates laid on top of him...the goalies are fine at this stage imo, the one bad goal from each per outing is peanuts compared to the multiple other issues...

Reactions: Irwineer2
It keeps up and we see a firesale come February...and yep, so hard to make up ground in this current point structure. I certainly don't see this current edition making strides to achieve a win streak of that magnitude, NO WAY. The X's and O's you speak of are rudementary. Get on the puck deep in our zone, make that transition pass out quick and get on the damn thing in the O zone. Ottawa plays a LW lock type system still, but thats no excuse with the state of their team. This was the worst team in the freakin entire league under constant turmoil and they flippin waxed the Pens on effort. That is bloody concerning.
Ya I can't really blame any of the top six too much...it is the bottom six I keep harping on, and those guys fall straight in the lap of GMJR for the roster and Sully to COACH them up. Things continue at this pace then Sully will be lookin for new employment whether he's a 2 time cup winner or not...funny enough I actually thought Jack Johnson had one of his better games thus far. Cleaning up the mess that his teamates laid on top of him...the goalies are fine at this stage imo, the one bad goal from each per outing is peanuts compared to the multiple other issues...

tenor.gif

you move 58 just to get rid of space and someone will take the others at the deadline...

I have to admit to not paying much attention lately and also sleeping through much of the 3rd periods...

but this run of bad play can't last much longer? can it?

Reactions: DocEER
Ok guys. I’m alotta pissed off. We must get this one tonight. No damn excuses. This is Buffalo. I want MM playing like he is on a playoff run. I want Geno dominating. Lastly, Brassard, you worthless bastard, do something since we had to dump my boy RR for your slack ass.

Ok guys. I’m alotta pissed off. We must get this one tonight. No damn excuses. This is Buffalo. I want MM playing like he is on a playoff run. I want Geno dominating. Lastly, Brassard, you worthless bastard, do something since we had to dump my boy RR for your slack ass.

brassard has been a very big disappointment here.

Reactions: DocEER
as soon as I talk crap, the opposite happens.

hopefully this works with wvu as well.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT