ADVERTISEMENT

Lyons and Holgorsen

I'm easy to find if you'd like to settle your beef face to face. I said nothing bad or disparaging about Skyler Howard the man. I said he sucked at QB in his junior year. His stats and the games he lost show it. He is improving greatly and I also pointed that out. Your move, Darth!

So you've seen him play first hand one time, and based on that viewing you feel DH should have benched Howard against OU?

Stop throwing you're opinion around here like it carries any weight.

I clearly said not against OU, but definitely against both OSU and KSU. I'll throw my opinion wherever the hell I want or pay to. If you don't like it, IGNORE me. There is nothing else you can do. No one stands on my back, but your welcome to try.

I'm easy to find if you'd like to settle your beef face to face. I said nothing bad or disparaging about Skyler Howard the man. I said he sucked at QB in his junior year. His stats and the games he lost show it. He is improving greatly and I also pointed that out. Your move, Darth!

Then we have a difference of opinion. I feel that publicly announcing that a student-athlete SUCKS at his position, IS bad and disparaging. Any reasonably person would.

No, we can settle this beef right here, Opinion v. Opinion, and whoever has the better ideas, and presents those ideas more intelligently, and more thoughtfully, can walk away with their pride.

Unfortunately, for you, you've already lost.

Obviously, I can argue and debate you.

Are you so freakin' PC that you think a major college player at any position can't take criticism when he's messing up? He hears the cheers as well as the boos. He doesn't want a participation trophy, he wants a conference trophy. And he likely knows I'm right. The results are there and he cant change them. He can only do what it takes to get better as he obviously is.

No, we can settle this beef right here, Opinion v. Opinion, and whoever has the better ideas, and presents those ideas more intelligently, and more thoughtfully, can walk away with their pride.

Unfortunately, for you, you've already lost.

Only in your little mind. The facts back me up. You are neither knowledgeable of the game, articulate, or well written. You do not have to ignore me little man. I'm ignoring you.

Reactions: ColoradoMountaineer
Are you so freakin' PC that you think a major college player at any position can't take criticism when he's messing up? He hears the cheers as well as the boos. He doesn't want a participation trophy, he wants a conference trophy. And he likely knows I'm right. The results are there and he cant change them. He can only do what it takes to get better as he obviously is.

I'm sure Howard takes criticism from his coaches like a professional. IMO, I don't think he takes personal insults from a middle aged, wannabe sports journalist too kindly.

please provide direct proof he is not in demand as a HC. Provide it. Provide proof he wasn't a serious candidate for Miami. You know neither he was,is, or is not.

And I guess you are now implying Bowden was overrated? Lmao.

Did he interview for the job? How come the only mention of him and Miami comes from only one source? FSU is one of the easiest places to win in college football if Don Nehlen would have ended up there who knows how many career wins he would have had. DN had as many undefeated regular seasons at wvu as Bowden had at FSU. You seriously think Bowden would have been the all time wins leader if he stayed at Wvu? If DH where as highly regarded as you claim his job status wouldn't be questioned by national media outlets. Luck could have extended him on his way out the door but that didn't happen now did it.

If you're willing to publicly insult, and disparage a "quality young man" who've done nothing but work hard, I would not work for you, and while you may not have a beef with me, I now certainly have a beef with you.

Learn some manners. Shame on you.

Your the last person to be lecturing on manners hypocrite

Remove DH's worst season and his best season and its still amounts to mediocrity

To be fair, that would be average. Mediocrity is much lower than average. But average is not good enough for me. Rich was excellent, the best WVU coaching record of the 21st century, and maybe going back 50 years. Sure, he said a lot of things that angered WVU fans on his way to Ann Arbor, which was a train wreck because he wasn't "a Michigan man," but he did one helluva job at WVU. Season after season of double-digits or close to it. Dana had one double-digit with Stewart's recruits, then went 7-6 with Geno, Tavon and Stedman, the best offense trio in WVU history. Any objective jury still is out on Dana. We'll see what happens in 2016, other than more excuses by his apologists. I want my alma mater to do better than 8-4, even in the Big 12.

Considering the fact that you cannot tell the difference between your and you're, why are you telling anyone what to do?

Considering you have numbers in your screen name but obviously have trouble understanding what numbers actually say then your in no position to question anything. The numbers say howard is below average something the numbers state but you fail to comprehend. The numbers also say the big 12 isn't in the same zip code as the sec. Advice to you start getting your numbers up instead of making them up. Maybe you should blame it on Lyons it would be more consistant

To be fair, that would be average. Mediocrity is much lower than average. But average is not good enough for me. Rich was excellent, the best WVU coaching record of the 21st century, and maybe going back 50 years. Sure, he said a lot of things that angered WVU fans on his way to Ann Arbor, which was a train wreck because he wasn't "a Michigan man," but he did one helluva job at WVU. Season after season of double-digits or close to it. Dana had one double-digit with Stewart's recruits, then went 7-6 with Geno, Tavon and Stedman, the best offense trio in WVU history. Any objective jury still is out on Dana. We'll see what happens in 2016, other than more excuses by his apologists. I want my alma mater to do better than 8-4, even in the Big 12.

Based on this years draft it is not unrealistic to want better than 8-4. The big 12 isn't exactly stock piling the NFL with talent

Considering you have numbers in your screen name but obviously have trouble understanding what numbers actually say then your in no position to question anything. The numbers say howard is below average something the numbers state but you fail to comprehend. The numbers also say the big 12 isn't in the same zip code as the sec. Advice to you start getting your numbers up instead of making them up. Maybe you should blame it on Lyons it would be more consistant

[laughing] at you

Skyler is just fine. You cannot even complete a sentence.

32 TDs in 2015. I realize it pains you to see a kid like Skyler excel in his role.

[laughing] at you

Skyler is just fine. You cannot even complete a sentence.

32 TDs in 2015. I realize it pains you to see a kid like Skyler excel in his role.

I see it pains you to not comprehend that his statistics are way below average. You can't even comprehend what statistics mean. It must be miserable for you to see all these Wvu players drafted since it blows up your theory that we can't compete because where in the Big 12 which isn't exactly stock piling the NFL with players but im sure you'll fine a way to make some numbers up to explain this underachievement. You can still blame it on Lyons

Reactions: michaelwalkerbr
I see it pains you to not comprehend that his statistics are way below average. You can't even comprehend what statistics mean. It must be miserable for you to see all these Wvu players drafted since it blows up your theory that we can't compete because where in the Big 12 which isn't exactly stock piling the NFL with players but im sure you'll fine a way to make some numbers up to explain this underachievement. You can still blame it on Lyons
..I really didn't appreciate the comment of an ESPN radio jock when KJ was taken..he said that the Big 12 is the college version of the arena football league and that his pick was a joke..I stayed on hold for over an hour after calling in on his show.. I just wanted to ask him if he ever saw Karl Joseph play in person or on TV..

I'm sure Howard takes criticism from his coaches like a professional. IMO, I don't think he takes personal insults from a middle aged, wannabe sports journalist too kindly.

Howard is above that, he is a man. And that would be has been, not 'wannabe'. Something you could never do. How many articles did you publish when you were a journalist? Should I start copy editing your posts? You obviously need someone to correct your grammatical errors.

The areas you are most lacking in is neutrality and understanding research. Skyler Howard recognizes his deficits and is working incredibly hard to address them. You fail to accept your own. I have no problem with constructive criticism, but you cross a line. Some of your challenges would best be settled on a Krogers parking lot, where you would have no chance.

Last edited:
Howard is above that, he is a man. And that would be has been, not 'wannabe'. Something you could never do. How many articles did you publish when you were a journalist? Should I start copy editing your posts? You obviously need someone to correct your grammatical errors.

The areas you are most lacking in is neutrality and understanding research. Skyler Howard recognizes his deficits and is working incredibly hard to address them. You fail to accept your own. I have no problem with constructive criticism, but you cross a line. Some of your challenges would best be settled on a Krogers parking lot, where you would have no chance.

Howard is above what? No one likes to be personally insulted, especially not by strangers. You are a man too, but you spend your time disparaging a young college athlete. So perhaps you could learn some lessons from Skyler's maturity.

I think has-been is being generous. A never-was is more appropriate, imo.

You're being an absolute hypocrite. You can't demand constructive criticism for yourself, but then make statements such as "Howard sucks as a QB". There's nothing constructive about that, especially from someone claiming to be a professional.

If you're looking for a fight, here's what I suggest. Contact Skyler Howard's father. Tell Mr. Howard to meet you at a Kroger's parking lot so you can tell him, face to face, that you think his son "sucks as a QB". I'm sure you'll find the fight you're looking for.

Howard is above what? No one likes to be personally insulted, especially not by strangers. You are a man too, but you spend your time disparaging a young college athlete. So perhaps you could learn some lessons from Skyler's maturity.

I think has-been is being generous. A never-was is more appropriate, imo.

You're being an absolute hypocrite. You can't demand constructive criticism for yourself, but then make statements such as "Howard sucks as a QB". There's nothing constructive about that, especially from someone claiming to be a professional.

If you're looking for a fight, here's what I suggest. Contact Skyler Howard's father. Tell Mr. Howard to meet you at a Kroger's parking lot so you can tell him, face to face, that you think his son "sucks as a QB". I'm sure you'll find the fight you're looking for.

These are my final words to the uninformed and single minded worm that you are: You know nothing about my previous success as a writer and this is not the place for me to discuss it. Howard's performance in conference games did 'suck' last year. Against ranked teams he completed 69 of 143 passes for 810 yards with 7 TDs and 6 INTs with a paltry 48.3% completion rate. That sucks.

Against Big 12 Conference teams in total he completed 135 of 268 attempts for 1697 Yds with 12 TDs and 11 INTs for a very ineffective 50.4% completion rate. That performance also sucks. You cannot blame the 26 dropped balls for these terrible stats because he tore up non conference teams which greatly padded his totals. Against weaker non conference teams he was an impressive 86 of 135 passes for 1448 Yds with 14 TDs and only 3 INTs for a 63.7% completion rate.

These stats come from ESPN here

Skyler Howard is a grown man playing as a graduate student in 2016 and he doesn't need his daddy to take up for him. I would tell him to his face that his in conference performance sucked in 2015, but add that it appeared in Spring practice that he was really turning it around. He also does not need a Star Wars fan hiding behind a blank avatar as an apologist for his poor performance against the tougher opponents.

If you have a response I will read it, but I am finished engaging in a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent. Therefore you have the final word. We'll let the other more informed readers decide who is right with their 'Likes'

These are my final words to the uninformed and single minded worm that you are: You know nothing about my previous success as a writer and this is not the place for me to discuss it. Howard's performance in conference games did 'suck' last year. Against ranked teams he completed 69 of 143 passes for 810 yards with 7 TDs and 6 INTs with a paltry 48.3% completion rate. That sucks.

Against Big 12 Conference teams in total he completed 135 of 268 attempts for 1697 Yds with 12 TDs and 11 INTs for a very ineffective 50.4% completion rate. That performance also sucks. You cannot blame the 26 dropped balls for these terrible stats because he tore up non conference teams which greatly padded his totals. Against weaker non conference teams he was an impressive 86 of 135 passes for 1448 Yds with 14 TDs and only 3 INTs for a 63.7% completion rate.

These stats come from ESPN here

Skyler Howard is a grown man playing as a graduate student in 2016 and he doesn't need his daddy to take up for him. I would tell him to his face that his in conference performance sucked in 2015, but add that it appeared in Spring practice that he was really turning it around. He also does not need a Star Wars fan hiding behind a blank avatar as an apologist for his poor performance against the tougher opponents.

If you have a response I will read it, but I am finished engaging in a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent. Therefore you have the final word. We'll let the other more informed readers decide who is right with their 'Likes'

If you want to be taken seriously as a professional, you cannot toss personal insults at the players you attempt to cover, especially one who has the reputation as a hard working kid.

This board has multiple accomplished members of the press, most notably Vernon and his staff and I've never once seen them tell individuals players they sucked. There are a few other long time newspapermen on this board who provide their criticism without lowering themselves to personal attacks. I could walk into any Moose Lodge in WV and find a more worthy analysis than the ones you discharge.

Success is a relative term and I'd imagine you and I have different definitions of the heights you have reached as a "writer". IMO, you're just here shilling.

Reactions: BobbyBoucheer
Not to defend Darth, but you're calling out a kid half your age in a game. A game. A GAME.

Not to defend Darth, but you're calling out a kid half your age in a game. A game. A GAME.

I see your point and I don't mean to 'call him out' or even single him out. He was the subject of the conversation. I have repeatedly praised him right here as a person as well as a very dedicated football player. He simply had a very poor season which I have proven, but looks to be improving greatly.

I could have said the same about Rushel Shell, though on a lesser basis. These are grown men who have heard both the cheers and the boos from thousands. It would be unfair to harshly judge the freshmen, especially at wide receiver. They are indeed still kids to me.

While it is indeed a game, fans invest a lot of money in support of it and several coaches' jobs are on the line. I don't believe in participation trophies or applause. Why praise and reward mediocrity?

I see your point and I don't mean to 'call him out' or even single him out. He was the subject of the conversation. I have repeatedly praised him right here as a person as well as a very dedicated football player. He simply had a very poor season which I have proven, but looks to be improving greatly.

I could have said the same about Rushel Shell, though on a lesser basis. These are grown men who have heard both the cheers and the boos from thousands. It would be unfair to harshly judge the freshmen, especially at wide receiver. They are indeed still kids to me.

While it is indeed a game, fans invest a lot of money in support of it and several coaches' jobs are on the line. I don't believe in participation trophies or applause. Why praise and reward mediocrity?

Can you make your AVI the one with the leather vest? [thumb2]

Reactions: michaelwalkerbr

very poor? really?

You asked for it, Waterboy! But it's very temporary. The stats I showed in my post above are very poor for a power 5 QB. He also had four games under 50%. Check the QB ratings and tell me otherwise. Again, he shows signs of great improvement. He could be very good this year. I'm hoping, anyway!

Michael, I give credit where credit is due and you my friend wear the hell outta that leather vest. However, I think I speak on everyone's behalf when I say thank you for not posting a pic of you in the matching assless chaps.

That is reassuring. So I'm educated biker trash. And I am no longer a professional writer, just a fan. You guys are being WAY too sensitive, do you really think Howard gives a rats ass about what we think of his performance?

I know I put a lot of blame on Howard that should have been on Coach Holgorsen. When the wolves were chewing up Skyler and spitting him out he should have been replaced, even with Crest. Howard did the best he could, and sometimes seemingly felt like he had to win games by himself. That was wrong. He's a man all the way. He took his lumps as I so 'gently' pointed out and is ready and determined to enjoy redemption.

If he backslides this year, at least Holgs can send in Chugs for a couple of series while Howard goes over video with the OC of what he is doing wrong. He never had that chance last year. It was simply, "You know the plays, so execute them!" That is wrong.

Reactions: lenny4wvu
I know I put a lot of blame on Howard that should have been on Coach Holgorsen. When the wolves were chewing up Skyler and spitting him out he should have been replaced, even with Crest. Howard did the best he could, and sometimes seemingly felt like he had to win games by himself. That was wrong. He's a man all the way. He took his lumps as I so 'gently' pointed out and is ready and determined to enjoy redemption.

If he backslides this year, at least Holgs can send in Chugs for a couple of series while Howard goes over video with the OC of what he is doing wrong. He never had that chance last year. It was simply, "You know the plays, so execute them!" That is wrong.

NO. Crest is not the answer at QB. Never will be.

NO. Crest is not the answer at QB. Never will be.

Whoever the best option is as QB DH better find it. He needs better results this season and with the recent success that wvu has had with players being drafted in the NFL in comparison to other Big 12 schools Lyons has more ammunition to pull the plug if the results are unsatisfactory.

Whoever the best option is as QB DH better find it. He needs better results this season and with the recent success that wvu has had with players being drafted in the NFL in comparison to other Big 12 schools Lyons has more ammunition to pull the plug if the results are unsatisfactory.

Howard will have a great year and people will be singing his praises if he can figure out how to see the intermediate crossing routes over the middle and quit throwing 3rd and chuck it long.

Howard will have a great year and people will be singing his praises if he can figure out how to see the intermediate crossing routes over the middle and quit throwing 3rd and chuck it long.

This years team should be much improved on the Oline which will give Howard or whoever ends up as QB ample protection to find the open receiver and an experienced Oline should lead to an improved running game

Reactions: lenny4wvu

I think Howard is a good QB and fits Dana's system but we need and NFL type QB. Dana has two choices. One, he needs to do a better job of in game management to win close games(example, don't kick to the 1st team all Big 12 kicker returner in the KSU game). Or two, have an NFL type QB and just outscore everyone.

Dana is not getting it done.

Gets your numbers up was the guy convinced by one of the Asst. Coaches that we were another Michigan State type program that could never compete at a high level. He forgot that we have competed at a high level in the past and Michigan State is now.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT