ADVERTISEMENT

Lyons and Holgorsen

I think Howard is a good QB and fits Dana's system but we need and NFL type QB. Dana has two choices. One, he needs to do a better job of in game management to win close games(example, don't kick to the 1st team all Big 12 kicker returner in the KSU game). Or two, have an NFL type QB and just outscore everyone.

Dana is not getting it done.

Gets your numbers up was the guy convinced by one of the Asst. Coaches that we were another Michigan State type program that could never compete at a high level. He forgot that we have competed at a high level in the past and Michigan State is now.

I have always thought the 7-5 record was more due to poor clock management and play calling. I definitely think we could have done a better job recruiting and preparing QB's for Division 1 play but all aside there no reason we can't compete for big 12 titles. The posters who continue to make those excuses don't take the time to actually look at the overall Big 12 record in the past 10 years. The conference hasn't had a winning bowl season in 5 years. The outright big 12 champion hasn't won a bowl game against a conference champion since Oklahoma beat Uconn. Big 12 champions have been beaten by UCF, Boise state, and we Blew out Oklahoma as members of the big east.The last time a Big 12 team one a national championship was 10 years ago and we haven't played for one in 6-7 years. The Big 12 maybe better than the Big east but for those who think its close to the caliber of the Sec are purely delusional

Reactions: lenny4wvu
I have always thought the 7-5 record was more due to poor clock management and play calling. I definitely think we could have done a better job recruiting and preparing QB's for Division 1 play but all aside there no reason we can't compete for big 12 titles. The posters who continue to make those excuses don't take the time to actually look at the overall Big 12 record in the past 10 years. The conference hasn't had a winning bowl season in 5 years. The outright big 12 champion hasn't won a bowl game against a conference champion since Oklahoma beat Uconn. Big 12 champions have been beaten by UCF, Boise state, and we Blew out Oklahoma as members of the big east.The last time a Big 12 team one a national championship was 10 years ago and we haven't played for one in 6-7 years. The Big 12 maybe better than the Big east but for those who think its close to the caliber of the Sec are purely delusional

A funny stat but the first year we were in the Big 12 I posted that the Big East had the same number of draft picks that year as the Big 12.

NO. Crest is not the answer at QB. Never will be.

Should have burned Chugs redshirt against OSU and then used him when Howard was injured. Is he a running threat? No, but he can escape a blitz and is very accurate. As I said before, when he practiced with the ones while Howard and Crest were nursing injuries Holgs volunteered that he did very, very well. That was before KSU.

When Keeno asked Coach Seider about Chugs in an interview, Seider said he makes all the passes and does it easily. He also said he knows the plays and he 'gets it'. That was late in the season and hindsight. They did not know that before he filled in during practice because he had been running the scout team as a redshirt.

Reactions: lenny4wvu and 5150
I think Howard is a good QB and fits Dana's system but we need and NFL type QB. Dana has two choices. One, he needs to do a better job of in game management to win close games(example, don't kick to the 1st team all Big 12 kicker returner in the KSU game). Or two, have an NFL type QB and just outscore everyone.

Dana is not getting it done.

Gets your numbers up was the guy convinced by one of the Asst. Coaches that we were another Michigan State type program that could never compete at a high level. He forgot that we have competed at a high level in the past and Michigan State is now.

Isn't that just how sports work? Good years and not so good years? Michigan States up, we are down...we were up, they were down.

Isn't that just how sports work? Good years and not so good years? Michigan States up, we are down...we were up, they were down.

Ho Hum, Its how the ole ball bounces. We should never expect to win. The argument for getting rid of Stew is we were not winning. So we are not winning again, and its just luck is not on our side right now so hang in and hope for the best.

Ho Hum, Its how the ole ball bounces. We should never expect to win. The argument for getting rid of Stew is we were not winning. So we are not winning again, and its just luck is not on our side right now so hang in and hope for the best.

As I've always said, this all about Stewart. No matter what success Dana has at WVU will be enough because you personally dislike him.

Everyone in the athletic department wants to win. I'm sorry they aren't doing it enough to appease your obvious insecurity.

Your boy Stew was unqualified for the position, should never have been hired and firing him was the only responsible action to take. I'm sorry that ruffles your feathers but it's the truth.

No other major football program in the country would ever even consider him as a HC candidate, and none ever did.

I support Dana and I'll support our next coach. You however cannot say the same. If it were up to you John Raese would be our university President and Pastilong would have his own statue next to Jerry West.

Last edited:
Reactions: BobbyBoucheer
DH is a coach with a losing Big 12-2=10 record. What else needs explaining? I would imagine the DH fan boys will hate whomever replaces him sometime this upcoming season.

DH is a coach with a losing Big 12-2=10 record. What else needs explaining? I would imagine the DH fan boys will hate whomever replaces him sometime this upcoming season.

I think fans who support Dana will support the next coach too. The Apostles of Stew aren't able to say the same and in the end, no one will be good enough until we hire Terry Bowden.

Reactions: ThePunish-EER
Just give me wins baby...that coach (whomever it ends up being) then we can all get behind. Until a losing record in the Big 12-2=10 is a thing of the past then the HC (especially Clueless) is fair game.

Reactions: BobbyBoucheer
Just give me wins baby...that coach (whomever it ends up being) then we can all get behind. Until a losing record in the Big 12-2=10 is a thing of the past then the HC (especially Clueless) is fair game.

The fact you keep referring the the B12 as the B12-2 shows you're just here trolling (not that it wasn't apparent before), but I think it's funny the trolls like you share the same opinions as 5150 and the other pitch-forkers who express their faux outrage. With friends like them, WVU doesn't need enemies.

Oh, when all else fails roll out the you must be a troll response. That is exceedingly juvenile...but that just might explain your postings. At least you are worth a: LOL

not winning? I guess you missed last year? WVU was 8-5 with a bowl win. Dana is 2-2 in bowls with a BCS win. Not even Nehlen could match that. Fact.

8-5 and a bowl win out of the big 12 is an underachievement? Haha

Coulda, shoulda, woulda been 10 - 3. Bowl win was against a team with a losing record and the worst pass defense in the FBS. 8 - 5 for 2015 was improvement but nothing to celebrate. Not condemning anyone, but final exams are coming up this fall. I hope they ace them.

Coulda, shoulda, woulda been 10 - 3. Bowl win was against a team with a losing record and the worst pass defense in the FBS. 8 - 5 for 2015 was improvement but nothing to celebrate. Not condemning anyone, but final exams are coming up this fall. I hope they ace them.
and if we went 10-3, it would turn into "woulda, should've, could've" went 12-1 or 13-0. Lol

Whatever you're happy with and how they got there is good for you. We all have different expectations, sometimes we're disappointed and other times pleasantly surprised. I personally think last year WVU underachieved against a Big 12 that overall was in a down year.

The record did not reflect the overall talent on the Mountaineer team. I hope Coach and the players can do better this year.

Whatever you're happy with and how they got there is good for you. We all have different expectations, sometimes we're disappointed and other times pleasantly surprised. I personally think last year WVU underachieved against a Big 12 that overall was in a down year.

The record did not reflect the overall talent on the Mountaineer team. I hope Coach and the players can do better this year.
dont get me wrong. I hope for 13-0 every year. I'm just saying, based on our limitations, we should never demand better. We are a 7-9 win a year program. We can't trash every coach for failing to be 10-13 wins every year. If we were in the big east, we would be there with Dana. That's why I say, we've got a great coach

I respect your opinion, I just disagree. Every year's team is different in college football, due to graduation and that 'damned' NFL for taking many of the best players each year. Fifth place in a ten team league is not a good year to me, it's a mediocre year. I don't expect them to win the conference every year, but to be competitive and often times compete for the title.

Dana Holgorsen established himself as a 'great' OC on some talented teams. The jury is still out on his ability as a HC, especially during a game. But he is still young and comparatively inexperienced in that role. Given time he may indeed become a 'great' HC and his sixth season will likely mark a significant point in his career one way or the other. JMHO

We are a 7-9 win a year program
So, your expectations mean WVU should win their three OCG most years and then go 4-5, 5-4 and maybe 6-3 in conference...meaning never winning the Big 12-2=10 title. Wow. Must be terrible to think average is okay forever.

So, your expectations mean WVU should win their three OCG most years and then go 4-5, 5-4 and maybe 6-3 in conference...meaning never winning the Big 12-2=10 title. Wow. Must be terrible to think average is okay forever.
i never said WVU would never win a big 12 title. We can win 10 or 11 games maybe once or twice a decade. That's our history. That's our program. Until we can produce instate talent like the blue bloods we will always be where we are.

dont get me wrong. I hope for 13-0 every year. I'm just saying, based on our limitations, we should never demand better. We are a 7-9 win a year program. We can't trash every coach for failing to be 10-13 wins every year. If we were in the big east, we would be there with Dana. That's why I say, we've got a great coach

Limitations? and what limitations are you talking about? Its obvious talent isn't one of them

i asked for proof. Now provide it. And answer the sheath(s) question.

You got your proof now acknowledge that wvu has had 14 players drafted since 2013 which is only 2nd to Oklahoma in that time span. stop trying to change the subject and why should I answer a question about sheaths when you won't provide proof on your bogus claim about contact precautions and chemo drugs your pathetic

You got your proof now acknowledge that wvu has had 14 players drafted since 2013 which is only 2nd to Oklahoma in that time span. stop trying to change the subject and why should I answer a question about sheaths when you won't provide proof on your bogus claim about contact precautions and chemo drugs your pathetic
answer the question and provide your proof.

answer the question and provide your proof.
starkist_tuna-500x500.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT