ADVERTISEMENT

Hey! I’m a Coach Brown fan but what the hell?

. Next thing I know Vernon goes nuts on a Lot member. I’ve always supported DH and Huggy but apparently can’t call a spade a spade regarding Brown.

It’s similar to when Oliver luck was AD and Hank Hill was criticizing him and threads would be locked or people banned for saying one bad word about Luck. It used to be the mod that was always so sensitive (Brandon if I remember correctly) that would try and keep everything positive about Luck.

Reactions: Pitt4Life34
It’s similar to when Oliver luck was AD and Hank Hill was criticizing him and threads would be locked or people banned for saying one bad word about Luck. It used to be the mod that was always so sensitive (Brandon if I remember correctly) that would try and keep everything positive about Luck.

Maybe, maybe not

but Oliver Luck management style was
of a "short timer",
who pretended like he cared about WVU long term (aka, Bill Stewart chapter showed insensitivity and weakness, on Luck's part).

In contrast,
Coach Brown has a long term solution with with associated
long contract.

Give it time,
I think most WVU fans would rather be
3 - 5 with Brown
than 3 - 5 with Holgorsen.

Holgorsen managed like a short timer.

And just what the hell was Dana doing?

Dana Holgorsen was winning the second most games EVER at WVU, winning two of the handful of 10 win seasons EVER at WVU, beating Clemson in historic fashion in a BCS bowl, beating lots of ranked teams, etc. etc. He had WVU in contention for the BIG 12 CCG and a potential playoff spot and Heisman up until the very end of last season. These are not simple things to accomplish at WVU against the toughest schedules ever played at WVU (not to mention the toughest circumstances any coach ever faced--switching from a depleted Big East to one of the toughest power conferences in the nation).

He didn't have WVU worst in the BIG 12 in offense, towards the bottom of the nation in rushing, poor at D, special teams etc. etc.

But regardless, DH is NOT THE COACH AT WVU anymore.

NEAL BROWN IS. And he is failing miserably at everything--FOR REAL--as opposed to the fake news people like you created about DH for years. Why is it ok for you now to have WVU playing far worse than under Holgorsen? Why are you giving Brown a pass? You can't yammer for a decade to push out one coach, making up b.s. such as he wore a black shirt (Brown started off wearing a grey one) to he drinks Red Bull (so the f what?!?) to libeling him personally--while ignoring his every success which were many for WVU---but now this new coach who clearly is inept at offense and a poor evaluator of talent and his competition, and a poor in game manager in actuality is suddenly all good? WHY?

The last staff blew games like that all the time. Remember the 2nd half against that weak Oklahoma state team last year? The last 4 minutes of the Baylor game reminded people of what wvu looked like under Holgorsen. Its up to Brown to show he can learn from those mistakes something Dana never did. That's why he is currently coaching in the G5 and leading Houston to there 1st losing season in years. No one should be surprised he ended wvu's 11 year winning season streak.

OK State wasn't weak --they fielded athletes every bit as good as the roster WVU fielded. OSU beat WVU with talent, not because of any "coaching mistakes". They had a poor record more because everyone in the BIG 12 plays everyone else and someone has to lose as much as anything else.

Dana Holgorsen not only learned from mistakes however, he won more games for WVU against tougher competition than anyone else ever has. To pretend he never changed, adjusted, etc. is simply a lie to make yourself feel better because the new DII level coach is failing miserably.

So many of you claimed that Holgorsen was doing a terrible job yada yada yada, but his RESULTS were far superior to what this coach is producing in so many categories of the game. You claimed ANYONE could step in and immediately do better, that Neal Brown is a REAL coach.

What Browns results show, is that all of you lack any reason and /or knowledge of college football and are simply defending someone because you personally identify with them rather than what they are actually accomplishing for WVU. You were mad at DH for accepting the coaching position at WVU in place of your god coach BS who you also identify with---and so attacked Holgorsen with lies, overstated crap and lots of just made up nonsense---but now the same exact things which this coach is ACTUALLY doing wrong, you are throwing out a pass for? WHY?

He is taking a team that would once again have been in contention for the BIG 12 under DH, and dropping it to the level of Kansas in less than one season!

Open your eyes and stop pretending that what everyone can see is not what they see.

Before you all "puff up"
Holgorsen (as usual),

61 wins is a very low number,
2nd at WVU or not.

Do we have to re-remind, that Holgorsen's best win over Clemson occurred
with Bill Stewart's players.

Wait and see.

Last edited:
Before you all "puff up"
Holgorsen (as usual),

61 wins is a very low number,
2nd at WVU or not.

Wait and see.

Before you "puff up" Brown as usual

3 wins IS HORRIBLE. and its not the end of the losses by a longshot by the looks of it.

WAKE UP.

Before you "puff up" Brown as usual

3 wins IS HORRIBLE. and its not the end of the losses by a longshot by the looks of it.

WAKE UP.

You are "short timers",
what "you all fail to admit"
that WVU finally replaced
Don Nehlen and Bill Stewart.

You all can live or hate anyone you want
but
Judging Neal Brown,
with Holgorsen's players
is a failure to on your part.

Soft fan base

Support the players

Players like Leddie Brown and the Stills brothers prove how wrong you are about DH's players (not to mention all those starters Brown pushed out).

Some of Brown's hand picked players however aren't doing so well, i.e. the QB.

Every coach in America has a former coaches players when they start.

All of them don't drop their inherited team down to the dregs like Brown has--see Kansas State as a prime example of that, or ISU's before that.

Brown brought in numerous players and made the roster his, and now we see the results.

Players like Leddie Brown and the Stills brothers prove how wrong you are about DH's players (not to mention all those starters Brown pushed out).

All of them don't drop their inherited team down to the dregs like Brown has--see Kansas State as a prime example of that, or ISU's before that.

Brown brought in numerous players and made the roster his, and now we see the results.

You're probably the team that lead to replacing a 28 - 12, Bill Stewart, too.

Stills brothers were coming because of his dad, and Fairmont Senior.

Fan base soft
You are soft.

As for Kendall, he's had his chance.

You're probably the team that lead to replacing a 28 - 12, Bill Stewart, too.

Stills brothers were coming because of his dad, and Fairmont Senior.

Fan base soft
You are soft.

As for Kendall, he's had his chance.

When you resort to childish name calling, you show you are nothing but a moronic troll.

Pretending Holgorsen didn't bring in the Stills brothers now? Just dishonesty at its finest.

Holgorsen left many highly skilled players for Brown to work with.

and example of his lack of accomplishment is taking the RB corps --which BROWN himself highly touted prior to the season (and was expected to be the TOP RB corps in the BIG 12 returning) and turned the rushing attack into one of the worst in the entire country bar none.

You don't know what you are talking about, so probably should just STOP.

You could literally replace the word Brown with Holgorsen and you would get exactly what he's done at Houston.

You keep writing "You said anyone could come in here and do better immediately". Some probably did. However, isn't the inverse also true? Shouldn't Holgorsen, being this superior coach in your mind, have been able to go to Houston, who won 8 games last year, and keep them at the same pace or better? Add to that, against the weaker competition he faces week to week as you readily admit?

Brown is getting exactly the results Dana would have gotten in Morgantown. The only difference is the offense would be better but the defense would be worse. As proof - the only time our offense has looked decent was against our former defensive coordinator. What special kind of horrible would he have wrought this year?

In the end, Dana would be without a job, without any leverage to get a job like Houston with the pay he got. We would be starting 2020 with a new coach - probably Neal Brown anyway, and having to go through this process next year instead of now.

When you resort to childish name calling, you show you are nothing but a moronic troll.

Pretending Holgorsen didn't bring in the Stills brothers now? Just dishonesty at its finest.

Holgorsen left many highly skilled players for Brown to work with.

and example of his lack of accomplishment is taking the RB corps --which BROWN himself highly touted prior to the season (and was expected to be the TOP RB corps in the BIG 12 returning) and turned the rushing attack into one of the worst in the entire country bar none.

You don't know what you are talking about, so probably should just STOP.

Hate to break this to you,
but Neal Brown has 5 more years on a guaranteed contract.
Lov of hate anyone you want but you might as well support the players.

I guess a troll
is not name calling.

My description
of your position is soft, is accurate.

Reactions: WVUALLEN
You could literally replace the word Brown with Holgorsen and you would get exactly what he's done at Houston.

You keep writing "You said anyone could come in here and do better immediately". Some probably did. However, isn't the inverse also true? Shouldn't Holgorsen, being this superior coach in your mind, have been able to go to Houston, who won 8 games last year, and keep them at the same pace or better? Add to that, against the weaker competition he faces week to week as you readily admit?

Brown is getting exactly the results Dana would have gotten in Morgantown. The only difference is the offense would be better but the defense would be worse. As proof - the only time our offense has looked decent was against our former defensive coordinator. What special kind of horrible would he have wrought this year?

In the end, Dana would be without a job, without any leverage to get a job like Houston with the pay he got. We would be starting 2020 with a new coach - probably Neal Brown anyway, and having to go through this process next year instead of now.

Well said, very well said.

Hate to break this to you,
but Neal Brown has 5 more years on a guaranteed contract.
Lov of hate anyone you want but you might as well support the players.

I guess a troll
is not name calling.

My description
of your position is soft, is accurate.

Your position is non existent bunk.

Calling you a troll is a factual statement.

It doesn't matter what a contract states, it matters what results are accomplished. Contracts are often altered and ended in CFB.

WVU is NOT Houston. What does HOUSTON have to do with what is happening at WVU?

Its called DEFLECTION. You won't discuss the failures of NEAL BROWN--you know, the person currently dropping WEST VIRGINIA to the dregs of college football, so you continue to try to project onto the former HC.

Holgorsen would have won at least 7 games if not more for WVU this season as he did in every season but one, and certainly would not have been blown out by every good team played outside of Baylor, but he is gone. People got their wish--and the results illustrate just how good of a coaching job Holgorsen did--AT WVU--which is the only thing WVU fans care about in that regard.

NOW WVU is in trouble with the new coach who is learning on the job and shows no signs of doing anything but occassionally competing in games against strong teams at this point.

When you resort to childish name calling, you show you are nothing but a moronic troll like Buckaintaneer.

Pretending Applewhite didn't bring numerous quality players now? Just dishonesty at its finest.

Applewhite left many highly skilled players for Brown to work with.

and (sic)example of his lack of accomplishment is taking the RQB --which HOLGORSEN himself highly touted prior to the season (and was expected to be the TOP QB in the AAC returning as well as a dark horse Heisman candidate) and turned Houston into one of the worst in the entire country bar none.

Buckaintaneer don't know what he's talking about, so he should probably should just STOP.

FIFY.

Pointless DEFLECTION ---but did you notice, Applewhite WAS FIRED for not actually getting the job done at Houston. Holgorsen LEFT WVU because he was not appreciated for what he had accomplished. Two entirely different sets of circumstances.

I don't care what happens at Houston, I care what is happening AT WVU. Do you?

Its called DEFLECTION. You won't discuss the failures of NEAL BROWN--you know, the person currently dropping WEST VIRGINIA to the dregs of college football, so you continue to try to project onto the former HC.

Holgorsen would have won at least 7 games if not more for WVU this season as he did in every season but one, and certainly would not have been blown out by every good team played outside of Baylor, but he is gone. People got their wish--and the results illustrate just how good of a coaching job Holgorsen did--AT WVU--which is the only thing WVU fans care about in that regard.

NOW WVU is in trouble with the new coach who is learning on the job and shows no signs of doing anything but occassionally competing in games against strong teams at this point.

Take a breath, "emotionally unstable"
if you don't like " soft ".

Baylor game showed allot of hope.

Ps...off to gym, Club
So you wish to insult or need some attention it will be a few hours.

Last edited:
Reactions: still5-0vstarheels

Holgorsen would have won at least 7 games if not more for WVU this season as he did in every season but one, and certainly would not have been blown out by every good team played outside of Baylor, but he is gone.

Nice try. Futile as it is...

Houston does have "to do" with what is happening at WVU. The coach at Houston is our former coach. You claim that former coach is superior to Neal Brown and would get better results than Neal Brown. Purely conjecture on your part. Simply repeating it over and over like you do doesn't and wouldn't make it true.

As proof, I show what he did at Houston - turned an eight win team into the cellar dweller and laughingstock of the AAC, an inferior conference. Again, if it was the coaching, as you claim, he should have waltzed in there and simply repeated what he did in 2012 at WVU - taken someone else's recruits and led them to a better record, won a major bowl in convincing fashion, and have them in the hunt for bigger and better things.

This is the standard to which you are holding Brown. Shouldn't the same standard apply also to Holgorsen at Houston?

In other words, I simply turn your own ignorance against you which you cannot dispute. That's why you ignore and try to "deflect" yourself. You have no answer for it.

The rest of your paragraph again is purely conjecture on your part. Literally nobody else, expert or not, agreed with that. Even Dana didn't agree with that and left. Dana winning 7 games, or being barely above .500, repeatedly year after year, doesn't lead to long-term contracts. He's out because of that, or is it because Allen and I fired him? I forget which - I guess it depends upon which goofball response you want to go with in which thread.

In your last paragraph, couldn't the same be said for Holgorsen at Houston? Both inherited teams with major weaknesses as well as strengths. Each will have a chance to fix those weaknesses and develop those strengths over the next few years. We'll see which one comes out ahead in the long term.

Pointless DEFLECTION ---but did you notice, Applewhite WAS FIRED for not actually getting the job done at Houston. Holgorsen LEFT WVU because he was not appreciated for what he had accomplished. Two entirely different sets of circumstances.

Of course.

The difference is that I am an intelligent, patient, and emotionally stable person who can see things for what they are.

All the things you are not. I don't post nonsense, try to find fault in every little thing, and don't throw tantrums because others don't see things my way like you do - repeatedly and ad nauseum.

Something to think about and ponder,

West Virginia showed more heart
and grit in the Baylor loss vs the fancy
(air raid) loss vs Oklahoma, last season.

Obviously,
the Neal Brown offense needs progress, including limited dropped passes by WRs.

This way, Kendall will be properly evaluated.

OK State wasn't weak --they fielded athletes every bit as good as the roster WVU fielded. OSU beat WVU with talent, not because of any "coaching mistakes". They had a poor record more because everyone in the BIG 12 plays everyone else and someone has to lose as much as anything else.

Dana Holgorsen not only learned from mistakes however, he won more games for WVU against tougher competition than anyone else ever has. To pretend he never changed, adjusted, etc. is simply a lie to make yourself feel better because the new DII level coach is failing miserably.

So many of you claimed that Holgorsen was doing a terrible job yada yada yada, but his RESULTS were far superior to what this coach is producing in so many categories of the game. You claimed ANYONE could step in and immediately do better, that Neal Brown is a REAL coach.

What Browns results show, is that all of you lack any reason and /or knowledge of college football and are simply defending someone because you personally identify with them rather than what they are actually accomplishing for WVU. You were mad at DH for accepting the coaching position at WVU in place of your god coach BS who you also identify with---and so attacked Holgorsen with lies, overstated crap and lots of just made up nonsense---but now the same exact things which this coach is ACTUALLY doing wrong, you are throwing out a pass for? WHY?

He is taking a team that would once again have been in contention for the BIG 12 under DH, and dropping it to the level of Kansas in less than one season!

Open your eyes and stop pretending that what everyone can see is not what they see.
Oklahoma state was 6-6 last season. How many players did wvu put into the NFL last season? How many did Oklahoma state put in? Dana blew a 17 point halftime lead to a very weak defense. Typical Holgorsen football 2nd half meltdown and losing in November. You need to go be a Houston fan they already want a refund Dana took over a team ready made to win the American and has destroyed it.

Holgorsen left because you were probably stalking him.

Bucky misses Dana.
Probably because they used to get high together and Bucky and his wife would take turns sucking off Dana.

You can make all the excuses you like but refs miss calls every week in every game. My post had to do with one homer post about one call. Let it go Allen. Enjoy the last few games and get ready for a probable sweet hope season.

Sorry but I think an official has too much control in any sport that can make the out come be decided by how they interpret the rules.

Hows Holgo doing at Houston? Interested in knowing. Have you followed him? Haven't seen any of his games nor have I heard anything about him in the media.

Holgorsen left on good terms with WVU as it was a mutual agreement. Good thing to. He would have been 2-10.

Holgs would still have the 2nd most wins that you praise him for. Hell he could have gone on and lost 48 straight and still have the 2nd most wins.

Good luck for the guy hope he's doing well at Houston. He had a very talented team when he got there. I guess the media is ignoring his success. He is surly unbeaten in the AAC. His coaching ability is probably wasted there. He will be at USC or Texas some place top notched like Alabama even Saban will be retiring soon.

Please update us all on his successful reign at Houston.

Brown is the best first year P5 coach in America. Hope that passes the sniff test.

Reactions: tOSUGrad90
From what he has to work with he's doing a pretty darn good job.

From what he has to work with he's doing a pretty darn good job.

OMG haha!!!! Do you really believe your excuses or are you trolling me? So far he’s a disaster. The recruiting class so far doesn’t appear to be a good building either. I know it’s year one but look at Mack
Brown for instance. He didn’t implode his program then send his AD out to market patience. Let me know if you need another first year coach example. But continue to hate Holgy haha.

Last edited:
Reactions: tOSUGrad90
OMG haha!!!! Do you really believe your excuses or are you trolling me? So far he’s a disaster. The recruiting class so far doesn’t appear to be a good building either. I know it’s year one but look at Mack
Brown for instance. He didn’t implode his program then send his AD out to market patience. Let know if you need another first year coach example. But continue to hate Holgy haha.

Fact. Now run along Bucky Bitch.

And Costanza (Buck) continues to prove over and over again that he truly is Lord of the Idiots!!!

Damn I thought Dana had moved on to Houston. Brown will at least own up to it but will he learn from it. Not a moral victory. just a stupid loss
You DID notice that Dana has the same number of victories as WVU. Move didn't help him much either ... so far.

Reactions: mofo
I call BS on this....he wasn't appreciated and YOU ran him off.

I heard threw the
"grapevine" ,
that Holgorsen was miserable
and he knew he wasn't going to be extended,
at WVU.

In addition,
He treated folks like sht.

His social drink was a problem.

I don't think anyone wishes to respond
because they simply "do not give a sht",
one way or another.

But Holgorsen was looking
to move for many years, and moved ASAP.
Divorce was amicable.

Last edited:
Word of the day, kids: Undisciplined.

Undisciplined adv: The absence of fundamentals, i.e. blocking, tackling, understanding of the game or situation.

Ok kids, lets use it in a sentence:

TJ Simmons' undisciplined block in the Oklahoma game cost Dana Holgorsen a contract extension and led to Allen firing him.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT