ADVERTISEMENT

WVU Release Neal Brown one-year contract extension

Couple things you have wrong, first is that he only had 3 years left on his contract. 100% buyout this year and 85% after that is correct, but we are talking 3 years of pay, not 4. Under his previous salary, that buyout would have totaled $11.5M approx. Now it is 75% of his 4 year salary which comes out to $12.525M. Will they negotiate below? Perhaps, but that’s the contract.
Who says he makes all 4 years? WVU has never fired a coach during the season and probably would not now. Bad year 2024 equals only 3 years left on contract if fired for a bad 2024 season. We are talking he can now be fired this year for a bad season. Quit spinning negativity.

You're about as bright as a dim street light. Further your education and perhaps you'll understand rivalries and football.

We are locked up on Neal long term even before your so called 1 year misery extension. Lower buyout, salary cut bad year this year gone.

You act as if they gave him 8 more years. People just are not as bright as they once were.

I blame Huggins.
Are you sure you're even responding to the right person lol? Anyway, says the guy who was 100% wrong about Greene, Nicco and Daygee.

I never called this extension misery. The first one that Shayne did was a terrible program harming extension and maybe I called it misery. This one is a bye-product of how bad Shaye fkd up. Browns buyout was too high, and it still is but its at least better now. The stage is set for Neal. If he blows it this year, he will never win the fan base over except for the weirdo BRU/VGA/WFF clan and some older woman and thats about it.

not sold?..you wrote before that you hated him..want me to show you?
Still waiting for you to show me where I said I hate Neal Brown, you wimpy little boy. When will you show me? Be sure to read through every post or you might miss it....

Last edited:
Still waiting for you to show me where I said I hate Neal Brown, you wimpy little boy. When will you show me? Be sure to read through every post or you might miss it....
you did write it you idiot ,but the search feature only goes back ten pages now..your memory is shit

You should stop spinning negativity. 1 year extension. Huge buyout taken out. Assistants given more money. He can now be fired easily. Another example of dumbass fans.
So you agree with me...more money thrown at mediocrity. Did you dust off your participation trophy today?

Who says he makes all 4 years? WVU has never fired a coach during the season and probably would not now. Bad year 2024 equals only 3 years left on contract if fired for a bad 2024 season. We are talking he can now be fired this year for a bad season. Quit spinning negativity.
I’m not spinning negativity, I’m simply saying the narrative that his buyout is lower is misleading at best, because per dollar left on his newly extended contract, his buyout total is higher, not lower. He would walk with more money, not less.

Reactions: Rootmaster
You should stop spinning negativity. 1 year extension. Huge buyout taken out. Assistants given more money. He can now be fired easily. Another example of dumbass fans.
This is flat wrong. WVU cannot more easily buy out his contract now. Do the math.

Old contract/buyout:
2024 Remaining salary total 4.1 @100% + 4.2 @85% or 3.57 + 4.4 @85% or 3.74 = 11.41
2025 Remaining salary total 4.2 @85% or 3.57 + 4.4 @85% or 3.74 = 7.31
2026 remaining salary total 4.4 @85% = 3.74

New contract/buyout:
2024 remaining salary total (4 + 4 + 4.3 + 4.4)*.75 = 12.525
2025 remaining salary total (4+4.3+4.4)*.75 = 9.525
2026 remaining salary total (4.3+4.4)*.75 = 6.525

Buyout is nearly double after 3 years. The 4th year of the new contract has no comparison because he only had 3 years left on old deal. It’ll be irrelevant by then anyways.

Am I wrong? It is what it is, but I do not see this as “lowering the buyout” that everyone is clinging to. I hope we win big this year. We have a lot of positive momentum right now.

you did write it you idiot ,but the search feature only goes back ten pages now..your memory is shit
You are utterly pathetic. Keep looking. It shouldnt be very hard. Neal has done a lot of things I hated actually, like throwing good players under the bus, and dodging accountability. Making excuses, weekly, for his shortcomings, downplaying the brawl. Keeping talent on the bench behind less talented players. Being the worst coach since the 70's. Take your pick. But if you are going to run your mouth, at least back it up, or you are a fraud. So go ahead and show me where I hate Neal Brown you moronic fool, or shut the fk up.

Last edited:
This is flat wrong. WVU cannot more easily buy out his contract now. Do the math.

Old contract/buyout:
2024 Remaining salary total 4.1 @100% + 4.2 @85% or 3.57 + 4.4 @85% or 3.74 = 11.41
2025 Remaining salary total 4.2 @85% or 3.57 + 4.4 @85% or 3.74 = 7.31
2026 remaining salary total 4.4 @85% = 3.74

New contract/buyout:
2024 remaining salary total (4 + 4 + 4.3 + 4.4)*.75 = 12.525
2025 remaining salary total (4+4.3+4.4)*.75 = 9.525
2026 remaining salary total (4.3+4.4)*.75 = 6.525

Buyout is nearly double after 3 years. The 4th year of the new contract has no comparison because he only had 3 years left on old deal. It’ll be irrelevant by then anyways.

Am I wrong? It is what it is, but I do not see this as “lowering the buyout” that everyone is clinging to. I hope we win big this year. We have a lot of positive momentum right now.
This is 2024. He will not be fired until after the season. (,unless he pulls a Huggins) His paycheck was cut to offer more money to assistant coaches. Buyout cut to 75%. He will not be gone in middle of season.

This is 2024. He will not be fired until after the season. His paycheck was cut to offer more money to assistant coaches. Buyout cut to 75%. He will not be gone in middle of season.
That is a fine and fair point. My statement still stands though. This contract is not a reduction of cost to WVU. I’m not a contracts person, I’m just looking at the math.

That is a fine and fair point. My statement still stands though. This contract is not a reduction of cost to WVU. I’m not a contracts person, I’m just looking at the math.
I'm still ok with extension. If it had been for 2 years then I would have a problem.

Contracts are for lawyers. I'm sure it's a gamble for both sides.

This is 2024. He will not be fired until after the season. (,unless he pulls a Huggins) His paycheck was cut to offer more money to assistant coaches. Buyout cut to 75%. He will not be gone in middle of season.
Gee would not fire Brown if he got a DUI because Brown is woke, and he is a brown-noser. There are other staffers at WVU who have DUI's and they didnt get fired. Huggins got fired because he's not woke, and he doesnt give a shit what people think about his views. He speaks the truth of what he thinks instead of doing what they want him to do, which is lie about who he really is and what he thinks, to fit into some fake ass wannabe Opie bullshit. That is one of the best things about Huggins, is his authenticity. Gee doesnt have that. Rob Asslop doesnt have it at all. Neal Brown doesnt have it either. A lot of people hate Huggins because he isnt like most of the people who work at universities, and they have hated him for quite a while. He says shit that makes the wussies cringe every week. The only problem has been is that WVians love him and he is a hall of famer. They are not a pimple on his ass in terms of how good they are at their jobs compared to him and WVians dont care about them like they do Huggins. They have wanted him gone quite a while...

Last edited:
Gee would not fire Brown if he got a DUI because Brown is woke
God would you let this go.....You obsess over the dumbest things.

Your unnatural hatred of Gee, Hoppy, Brown and others is borderline stupid.

Leave us alone and go back to slurping Huggins on your own time weirdo.

God would you let this go.....You obsess over the dumbest things.

Your unnatural hatred of Gee, Hoppy, Brown and others is borderline stupid.

Leave us alone and go back to slurping Huggins on your own time weirdo.
Good morning SuperQueer. I figured you would jump in. Leave "us" alone huh lol. I wasnt talking to you. No one ever really does actually. You and your butt buddy VGA/BRU, the creepy mofo who has 2 or 3 accounts on here want me to stop? Yeah, no. Your boyfriend started this, as usual. I'm sure he will give you some extra lovins for trying to take up for him though. No one on here was talking to you though, SQ. They never do. Let your boyfriend sift through 100s of posts to find the one that proves him to be true... it really should be super easy to do.

Last edited:
You are utterly pathetic. Keep looking. It shouldnt be very hard. Neal has done a lot of things I hated actually, like throwing good players under the bus, and dodging accountability. Making excuses, weekly, for his shortcomings, downplaying the brawl. Keeping talent on the bench behind less talented players. Being the worst coach since the 70's. Take your pick. But if you are going to run your mouth, at least back it up, or you are a fraud. So go ahead and show me where I hate Neal Brown you moronic fool, or shut the fk up.
  1. Thank you Neal Brown

I dont hate on the team ever. Just Brown. I know enough to know that Brown is nothing more than an average coach and that WVU deserves better. The fact that that bothers you so much is pretty sad cuss boy.

Reactions: WVUALLEN
His buyout was 100% of his salary if let go this year and then 85% for final 3. Now it's just 75%. If he's as bad as you experts say he is he will be gone this year and it will not cost 12 million.

NOW:
Brown would receive three-fourths of his remaining salary if he’s fired. Under the previous contract, Brown’s buyout included all of his remaining salary in 2024 and 85% after that.

I was under the impression the old contract was only for 3 more years and not 4. Otherwise, why would Brown take 400K per year loss AND 10% less buyout for the same 4 year term?

Bottom line is WVU only makes out better in this new contract if Brown is either fired after this year or serves 4 more years. Anything in between and Brown makes out better. And if it things do end where Brown makes out better, it is considerably more than WVU stands to gain if it ends where WVU makes out better.

I was under the impression the old contract was only for 3 more years and not 4. Otherwise, why would Brown take 400K per year loss AND 10% less buyout for the same 4 year term?

Bottom line is WVU only makes out better in this new contract if Brown is either fired after this year or serves 4 more years. Anything in between and Brown makes out better. And if it things do end where Brown makes out better, it is considerably more than WVU stands to gain if it ends where WVU makes out better.
Now you know the plan. Win or or be fired or go elsewhere.

Don't care what any of you think it's worth the gamble by both sides.

Gee would not fire Brown if he got a DUI because Brown is woke, and he is a brown-noser. There are other staffers at WVU who have DUI's and they didnt get fired. Huggins got fired because he's not woke, and he doesnt give a shit what people think about his views. He speaks the truth of what he thinks instead of doing what they want him to do, which is lie about who he really is and what he thinks, to fit into some fake ass wannabe Opie bullshit. That is one of the best things about Huggins, is his authenticity. Gee doesnt have that. Rob Asslop doesnt have it at all. Neal Brown doesnt have it either. A lot of people hate Huggins because he isnt like most of the people who work at universities, and they have hated him for quite a while. He says shit that makes the wussies cringe every week. The only problem has been is that WVians love him and he is a hall of famer. They are not a pimple on his ass in terms of how good they are at their jobs compared to him and WVians dont care about them like they do Huggins. They have wanted him gone quite a while...
Your reply is a failure. The board admins should boot you. Huggins is a drunk. Hope he gets his life in order.

Reactions: WVUFanForever
Your reply is a failure. The board admins should boot you. Huggins is a drunk. Hope he gets his life in order.
I know you and VGA/BRU/SQ want the board admins to boot me. So be it if they do....

But go ahead and prove my post to be a failure....

Yeah that really happened. Paranoid much?
BRU/VGA told me he would have me banned no matter what it took lol. That was months ago. I am suprised they didnt boot me. I am not going to lie about my feelings on Neal Brown and Huggins. It just triggers a bunch of peoplethat I like Bob Huggins and think Neal Brown is a bad coach lol. The funny thing is, I dont care if people like Neal and hate Huggins. I am just presenting another perspective on thre situation, and most of the time its truth. You gals are the ones who really get mad at me for my views and want to start big debates over it and bring up things like getting banned and fake fans, etc lol. I dont do those childish things, I just respond and push your little buttons. Its kind of fun, tbh.

Last edited:
BRU/VGA told me he would have me banned no matter what it took lol. That was months ago. I am suprised they didnt boot me. I am not going to lie about my feelings on Neal Brown and Huggins. It just triggers a bunch of peoplethat I like Bob Huggins and think Neal Brown is a bad coach lol. The funny thing is, I dont care if people like Neal and hate Huggins. I am just presenting another perspective on thre situation, and most of the time its truth. You gals are the ones who really get mad at me for my views and want to start big debates over it and bring up things like getting banned and fake fans, etc lol. I dont do those childish things, I just respond and push your little buttons. Its kind of fun, tbh.
Staff doesn't boot anyone unless they have 28 profiles. So it's true, you have no idea what you're saying. You're just here to troll and curse make false claims of others being gay and what not. That's not childish at all, right.

Now you know the plan. Win or or be fired or go elsewhere.

Don't care what any of you think it's worth the gamble by both sides.
Wait, maybe I am wrong here. Based upon the article on MetroNews by Greg Carey I'm not sure how WVU wins here.

Year 1:
If Brown is fired under old contract WVU pays 4M salary plus 85% of remaining 8M, .85x8=6.8M, which is 10.8M.
If Brown is fired under new contract WVU pays 3.6M salary plus 75% of remaining 10.8M, .75x10.8=8.1, which is 11.7M.
If Brown leaves under old contract he owes 12.5% of remaining 8M, .125x8=1M, which is 1M
If Brown leaves under new contract he owes 10% of remaining 10.8M, .10x10.8, which is 1.08M

So WVU pays 900K, 11.7 instead of 10.8, more to fire Brown after this year and gain 80K, 1.08M instead of 1M, if Brown manages to win enough to get a better offer.

Year 2:
If Brown is fired under old contract WVU pays 8M salary plus 85% of remaining 8M, .85x4=3.4, which is 11.4M
If Brown is fired under new contract WVU pays 7.2M salary plus 75% of remaining 7.2M, .75x7.2=5.4, which is 12.6M
If Brown leaves under old contract he owes 12.5% of remaining 4M, .125x4=.5M, which is 500K
If Brown leaves under new contract he owes 10% of remaining 7.2M, .10x7.2+.72M, which is 720K

So WVU pays 1.2M more, 12.6 instead of 10.8, more to fire Brown after 2 years and gain 220K, 720K instead of 500K, if Brown manages to win enough to get a better offer.

Year 3:
If Brown is fired under old contract WVU pays 12M in salary
If Brown is fired under new contract WVU pays 10.8M in salary and 75% of remaining 3.6M, .75x3.6=2.7, which is 13.5M
If Brown leaves under old contract he pays nothing
If Brown leaves under new contract he pays 10% of remaining 3.6M, .10x3.6=.36, which is 360K

So WVU pays 1.5M more, 13.5 instead of 12, to fire Brown after 3 years and gain 360K, 360K instead of 0, if Brown manages to win enough to get a better offer.

By pure numbers WVU only stands to benefit by 360K and Brown by 1.5M. Looks like the gamble gives crap odds to WVU.

Staff doesn't boot anyone unless they have 28 profiles. So it's true, you have no idea what you're saying. You're just here to troll and curse make false claims of others being gay and what not. That's not childish at all, right.
You are the first person I have heard say that the staff doesnt boot people so I wouldf not know that until now. I have never considered wanting someone to be banned, so I really wouldnt know otherwise. I've only ever been threatened to be banned, not the other way around. I throw mud back at the people who throw mud at me, and nothing more. I have been called a lot of names on here because I call one of the worst football coaches statistically we've ever had, one of the worst football coaches we've ever had, but I dont really care enough to want someone banned for hating me over that opinion(fact). Thats just stupid. If you dont like the heat, get out of the kitchen, including me.

So in your opinion, why should the admins boot me?

You are the first person I have heard say that the staff doesnt boot people so I wouldf not know that until now. I have never considered wanting someone to be banned, so I really wouldnt know otherwise. I've only ever been threatened to be banned, not the other way around. I throw mud back at the people who throw mud at me, and nothing more. I have been called a lot of names on here because I call one of the worst football coaches statistically we've ever had, one of the worst football coaches we've ever had, but I dont really care enough to want someone banned for hating me over that opinion(fact). Thats just stupid. If you dont like the heat, get out of the kitchen, including me.

So in your opinion, why should the admins boot me?
He's 31-29 better than Frank Cignetti and ranked 28th out of 35 coaches at WVU coaching.

They shouldn't boot you. The mud you throw is ridiculous. Done it myself many times, so I'm guilty as well. I don't care if you throw mud I just care if you're tossing false claims about others.

Wait, maybe I am wrong here. Based upon the article on MetroNews by Greg Carey I'm not sure how WVU wins here.

Year 1:
If Brown is fired under old contract WVU pays 4M salary plus 85% of remaining 8M, .85x8=6.8M, which is 10.8M.
If Brown is fired under new contract WVU pays 3.6M salary plus 75% of remaining 10.8M, .75x10.8=8.1, which is 11.7M.
If Brown leaves under old contract he owes 12.5% of remaining 8M, .125x8=1M, which is 1M
If Brown leaves under new contract he owes 10% of remaining 10.8M, .10x10.8, which is 1.08M

So WVU pays 900K, 11.7 instead of 10.8, more to fire Brown after this year and gain 80K, 1.08M instead of 1M, if Brown manages to win enough to get a better offer.

Year 2:
If Brown is fired under old contract WVU pays 8M salary plus 85% of remaining 8M, .85x4=3.4, which is 11.4M
If Brown is fired under new contract WVU pays 7.2M salary plus 75% of remaining 7.2M, .75x7.2=5.4, which is 12.6M
If Brown leaves under old contract he owes 12.5% of remaining 4M, .125x4=.5M, which is 500K
If Brown leaves under new contract he owes 10% of remaining 7.2M, .10x7.2+.72M, which is 720K

So WVU pays 1.2M more, 12.6 instead of 10.8, more to fire Brown after 2 years and gain 220K, 720K instead of 500K, if Brown manages to win enough to get a better offer.

Year 3:
If Brown is fired under old contract WVU pays 12M in salary
If Brown is fired under new contract WVU pays 10.8M in salary and 75% of remaining 3.6M, .75x3.6=2.7, which is 13.5M
If Brown leaves under old contract he pays nothing
If Brown leaves under new contract he pays 10% of remaining 3.6M, .10x3.6=.36, which is 360K

So WVU pays 1.5M more, 13.5 instead of 12, to fire Brown after 3 years and gain 360K, 360K instead of 0, if Brown manages to win enough to get a better offer.

By pure numbers WVU only stands to benefit by 360K and Brown by 1.5M. Looks like the gamble gives crap odds to WVU.
Like I said I don't care he was given a 1 year extension. Brown also took a minor pay cut. The buyout will be negotiable.

He's 31-29 better than Frank Cignetti and ranked 28th out of 35 coaches at WVU coaching.

They shouldn't boot you. The mud you throw is ridiculous. Done it myself many times, so I'm guilty as well. I don't care if you throw mud I just care if you're tossing false claims about others.
28th out of 35 is one of the worst coaches in WVU history. There is no way to spin out of it. Also, there are other WVU staff members in faculty and in the athletic dept who have had DUI's and didnt get fired for it. Its just the truth. I think Brown could get a DUI tomorrow and not get fired for it at all. When I point out that "they didnt actually have to fire Huggins" or even the lesser " they could have done it in a better way that might have caused less damage".... that really triggers certain people bad lol. You guys hate that big time. You think they had no choice at all, yada yadda blar blar. I get it. Well, honestly I call bullshit on that and still do. They can do whatever the fk they want, but they already didnt like Huggins because he says controversial things so it was a no brainer for them. The people who work for WVU with DUI's that havent been fired are people they like better and dont worry about them doing something controversial. Its stupid... Brown would get a pass, imo.

Huggins resigned you raving lunatic
Bob Huggins has resigned as the men's basketball coach at West Virginia in the wake of his arrest Friday night for allegedly driving under the influence.

Huggins announced he was stepping down in a statement Saturday night in which he said, "My recent actions do not represent the values of the University or the leadership expected in this role. ... I have let all of you -- and myself -- down."

The resignation of Huggins, 69, could mark the end of a Hall of Fame career for one of the sport's most successful and divisive coaches. Huggins won 935 games and coached in 26 NCAA tournaments and two Final Fours. In 16 seasons at West Virginia, he went 345-203

Aww look he decided to post from both accounts. How special lol.

Huggins has explained everything by now you raving fagg. He was forced out and lied to in the process.

Like I said I don't care he was given a 1 year extension. Brown also took a minor pay cut. The buyout will be negotiable.

The contract as written doesn't egregiously screw WVU over in comparison to the original deal, however that is more so due to how bad the original deal was for WVU. But it is fact that the contract as written still exorbitantly favors Brown when he didn't really have much leverage. Possibly being able to negotiate buyouts later doesn't affect the quality of the deal as it is written.

Reactions: jlaudiomaster
28th out of 35 is one of the worst coaches in WVU history. There is no way to spin out of it. Also, there are other WVU staff members in faculty and in the athletic dept who have had DUI's and didnt get fired for it. Its just the truth. I think Brown could get a DUI tomorrow and not get fired for it at all. When I point out that "they didnt actually have to fire Huggins" or even the lesser " they could have done it in a better way that might have caused less damage".... that really triggers certain people bad lol. You guys hate that big time. You think they had no choice at all, yada yadda blar blar. I get it. Well, honestly I call bullshit on that and still do. They can do whatever the fk they want, but they already didnt like Huggins because he says controversial things so it was a no brainer for them. The people who work for WVU with DUI's that havent been fired are people they like better and dont worry about them doing something controversial. Its stupid... Brown would get a pass, imo.
Clueless.

The contract as written doesn't egregiously screw WVU over in comparison to the original deal, however that is more so due to how bad the original deal was for WVU. But it is fact that the contract as written still exorbitantly favors Brown when he didn't really have much leverage. Possibly being able to negotiate buyouts later doesn't affect the quality of the deal as it is written.
Do not care. In today's coaching world who doesn't pay a fired coach a ton of money? Unless it's G5 or FCS.

Good morning SuperQueer. I figured you would jump in. Leave "us" alone huh lol. I wasnt talking to you. No one ever really does actually. You and your butt buddy VGA/BRU, the creepy mofo who has 2 or 3 accounts on here want me to stop? Yeah, no. Your boyfriend started this, as usual. I'm sure he will give you some extra lovins for trying to take up for him though. No one on here was talking to you though, SQ. They never do. Let your boyfriend sift through 100s of posts to find the one that proves him to be true... it really should be super easy to do.
Super Queer? LMAO....Hey Vern...this is what you dont pay attention to on the Free Board...and its why the Free Board is dead, other than a few low IQ retards posting.....Good job Vern!

Keep up the gay jokes...not only are you a retard you are a homophobe.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT