ADVERTISEMENT

Hey! I’m a Coach Brown fan but what the hell?

Totally amazing to see you neutered....good boy...

Why. He owns the site and makes the rules. Dude I mock and disrespect homer fanboys like you. Not him. Brown butchered the game. ESPN talking head said kicker had 0% chance of making the last FG. How’d you feel about WVU going to 3-5? Think a Bowl game is on tap?

Last edited:
Reactions: SKYHAWKBALL
I think I'd have gone for it instead of tried the 43 yard FG. In a game like that I think WVU has to try to win in regulation. But I'm close to the fence on that.

One that I'm not close to the fence on is, when your offense is a complete train wreck in the first half, get to half time as quickly as you can. Calling timeouts when Baylor as on the goal line and then trying to pass the ball to get a drive going from your own 1 in less than two minutes seemed foolish and I think WVU is lucky that didn't backfire.

For those that said the kicker didn't have a chance, well, he did make the 43 yarder that didn't count. I still haven't heard when or how Staley got hurt.

There have been several times this year when Kendall was running the ball and it was early in the play and I'd think "Yes, good gain" and they get him for a short gain. Maybe he is just slower than I expect. The Baylor QB was quick.

Trying to look on the bright side, the defense looks pretty darn good. Don't just look at the total yards allowed because the offense is constantly putting them out onto the field. If WVU had just an average offense they'd have a good team.

As far as fair catching the punt at the 5 near the end, part of the point of that might have been time. Not much time was left and if you let the ball hit the ground it could bounce around for several seconds before stopping. It may bounce right into the endzone in 1 second but then again it may bounce around for 6-8 seconds and end up at the 2 yard line. I had no problem with the fair catch.

By the way, Baylor’s kick block strategy is clearly a violation of the intent of the rules protecting the long snapper. They had three guys hitting the right guard and the long snapper all at the same time. They did not allow for the one second to expire.

They can not argue that contact was made with the guard first. There was clear contact with the long snapper by the most inside rusher even though he appears to be lined up closer to the guard.

But no one will look at it and no one cares.

I mean, if you can head hunt on a kick off, then who cares if you violate the rules intended to protect the long snapper. And don’t give me the gray area crap. The gray area argument is for cheaters.

Seriously. You are 3-4 and try a FG,....Get a delay of game ..... and try it again??

What is the deal Neal?

You have 18 post 14 in this thread. If that ain't trolling then nobody knows what trolling is. you bumped your own thread 3 times.

5c955567982c41fb3d3e236c895fbeafc50910601511805569e61a0c095ad240.jpg

With the kicker that was trotted out there you can’t feel great about a 48 yard attempt. That kid would be lucky to make 2 out of 10. Had to go for the first down after that delay of game.

How on earth does Brown not call time out before that penalty. Zero excuse for that.

You take the shot.
You don't get the first down the game is over.
Maybe if you had another chance.
But since there wasn't much time left you kick the FG.

The delay of game was probably to center the kick. Don't remember where the ball was.
But after a penalty they put the ball in the middle.

You take the shot.
You don't get the first down the game is over.
Maybe if you had another chance.
But since there wasn't much time left you kick the FG.

The delay of game was probably to center the kick. Don't remember where the ball was.
But after a penalty they put the ball in the middle.

I think either decision was legit. But once the 5 yards were tacked on the chance that kid could make that 48 yarder was more like a “wish”. The odds of make a first down had to be better than that kid trying to make a 48yarder. His extra points weren’t routine. I think the 2nd was low. His kickoffs were pathetic. Wasn’t he a soccer player last week? BTW the game wasn’t over if D went 3 and out. Remember WVU got the ball back.

The kid made his first try and it had the distance that 5 yards more would of been good. The second kick was tipped at the line.

The kid made his first try and it had the distance that 5 yards more would of been good. The second kick was tipped at the line.

The play was blown dead. No way to know if rush was totally live. Once it went to 48 no way he makes it. And guess what? He didn’t. It got tipped because he’s not a very good kicker. His kickoffs were going to around the 20 yard line. That’s bad right?

I think either decision was legit. But once the 5 yards were tacked on the chance that kid could make that 48 yarder was more like a “wish”. The odds of make a first down had to be better than that kid trying to make a 48yarder. His extra points weren’t routine. I think the 2nd was low. His kickoffs were pathetic. Wasn’t he a soccer player last week? BTW the game wasn’t over if D went 3 and out. Remember WVU got the ball back.

You have a chance to tie the game you tie it.
There are certain situations when you don't but I don't think Neal Brown was that afraid of OT.
If it was a 34-31 game you are correct but it was a 17-14 game.

Plus NB revealed that he has some one assigned to watch the play clock. They didn’t let him know it was about to expire. But then he stepped up and said ultimately it’s on him.

I guarantee someone NEW will be watching the play clock.

It's the ST job to get the team out their and ready to kick. He failed to do so. HC always takes the blame for team. HCNB knows this and sticks to it. Something the previous staff never did.

[QUOTE="GREGJACOBS, post: 2668464, member: 1412" Dude I mock and dissect homer fanboys like you.[/QUOTE]
That seems kind of stupid...I don't think Vernon would appreciate you doing that....

[QUOTE="GREGJACOBS, post: 2668464, member: 1412" Dude I mock and dissect homer fanboys like you.
That seems kind of stupid...I don't think Vernon would appreciate you doing that....[/QUOTE]

It’s gone on for a long time by a lot of handles. Not hard overpowering a site with handles. I’ll always be here calling you out as a loser. Even though you’re a poor that isn’t on Lot you are the reason why I don’t let you know what my Lot handle is. My one cousin giggles at how I use you on this side haha.

You have a chance to tie the game you tie it.
There are certain situations when you don't but I don't think Neal Brown was that afraid of OT.
If it was a 34-31 game you are correct but it was a 17-14 game.

You’re actually making the same mistake Brown made. You’re assuming that kid had a legit chance to make a 48 yarder. Let’s see how he coaches this week.

That seems kind of stupid...I don't think Vernon would appreciate you doing that....

It’s gone on for a long time by a lot of handles. Not hard overpowering a site with handles. I’ll always be here calling you out as a loser. Even though you’re a poor that isn’t on Lot you are the reason why I don’t let you know what my Lot handle is. My one cousin giggles at how I use you on this side haha.[/QUOTE]

Seems kind of stupid...but you do what you do...I'll always be here to call out the assclowns like you.

Let me know when Vernon gives you your balls back.

It’s gone on for a long time by a lot of handles. Not hard overpowering a site with handles. I’ll always be here calling you out as a loser. Even though you’re a poor that isn’t on Lot you are the reason why I don’t let you know what my Lot handle is. My one cousin giggles at how I use you on this side haha.

Seems kind of stupid...but you do what you do...I'll always be here to call out the assclowns like you.

Let me know when Vernon gives you your balls back.[/QUOTE]

Talk football for a change dude. Do you even have an opinion about how bad that game was coached last night?

I did in the game thread...and you don't tell me what to post about...save that for your cuckboy michiganturd....quit trying to bully me.

I did in the game thread...and you don't tell me what to post about...save that for your cuckboy michiganturd....quit trying to bully me.

It’s the internet. No one is bully you. You’re the tough guy actually. Have a good weekend I’m off to Atlanta.

Brown demonstrated once again he is learning on the job. The previous experienced staff wouldnt have blown that game.

While the D finally didnt get blown out against a good opponent- first time all season, Browns ineptitude at coaching offense is apparent. Special teams are not good.

A few chances left to get to a 50/50 record but hard to see it against the remaining schedule and continued coaching mistakes.

Reactions: Pitt4Life34
Weird I’ve heard the same brown assessment and said I didn’t think Brown was not ready to coach big time Big12 football games as well. Next thing I know Vernon goes nuts on a Lot member. I’ve always supported DH and Huggy but apparently can’t call a spade a spade regarding Brown.

Brown demonstrated once again he is learning on the job. The previous experienced staff wouldnt have blown that game.

While the D finally didnt get blown out against a good opponent- first time all season, Browns ineptitude at coaching offense is apparent. Special teams are not good.

A few chances left to get to a 50/50 record but hard to see it against the remaining schedule and continued coaching mistakes.

Special Teams are not good? He found a soccer player who could make a 43 yard FG in his first attempt. They returned a kickoff for a TD. They recovered a fumbled punt. Your football knowledge is Zero.

Greg shut up you know nothing.

Special Teams are not good? He found a soccer player who could make a 43 yard FG in his first attempt. They returned a kickoff for a TD. They recovered a fumbled punt. Your football knowledge is Zero.

He didn’t make it. Remember there was a penalty. He’s 0-1. Who knows if he would have made it if whistle hadn’t blown and there was a live rush. His kick offs were a joke and he kicked the ball 6 or 7 feet off the ground. The shot from behind him showed how low that FG attempt was. Kid tried but of course he’s a soccer player and football player. Maybe practice this week will make him better.

By the way, Baylor’s kick block strategy is clearly a violation of the intent of the rules protecting the long snapper. They had three guys hitting the right guard and the long snapper all at the same time. They did not allow for the one second to expire.

They can not argue that contact was made with the guard first. There was clear contact with the long snapper by the most inside rusher even though he appears to be lined up closer to the guard.

But no one will look at it and no one cares.

I mean, if you can head hunt on a kick off, then who cares if you violate the rules intended to protect the long snapper. And don’t give me the gray area crap. The gray area argument is for cheaters.

Are you sure you know the rules and that a rule was broken or are you that guy that gets supper upset when good guys go down? I’m sure if it was a penalty it would have been called. The refs had no problem blowing their whistles throughout the game.

Are you sure you know the rules and that a rule was broken or are you that guy that gets supper upset when good guys go down? I’m sure if it was a penalty it would have been called. The refs had no problem blowing their whistles throughout the game.

Really, Would have been called? So they missed a targeting call on a kick return that knocked McCoy out of the game. Missed a face mask on a James reception. Missed 3 blatant holding calls on Baylor. Yes we know both teams hold and officials let them get away with it but these were so blatant a guy in the top row made the call.

Reactions: CAK125
Special teams has missed many kicks this year including a critical one ( that should never have been attempted in the first place) in the last game.

its funny how people cherry pick things when they know They dont have a point, yet try to do it in a brutish manner as though that intimidates anyone.

Dont mention that the D has performed ok against one good team all season. Dont mention the lack of 0 that is a joke at the P5 level. All the missed kicks, poor coaching decisions, penalties at inopportune moments—noooooo— instead come out wrong and strong about one kick in one game as though you are proving some point—- neglecting of course that a critical kick was badly missed.

You cant write this stuff.

Weird I’ve heard the same brown assessment and said I didn’t think Brown was not ready to coach big time Big12 football games as well. Next thing I know Vernon goes nuts on a Lot member. I’ve always supported DH and Huggy but apparently can’t call a spade a spade regarding Brown.

Calling someone a spade is pretty racist
So I don't think you want to go around calling "a spade a spade"

The last staff blew games like that all the time. Remember the 2nd half against that weak Oklahoma state team last year? The last 4 minutes of the Baylor game reminded people of what wvu looked like under Holgorsen. Its up to Brown to show he can learn from those mistakes something Dana never did. That's why he is currently coaching in the G5 and leading Houston to there 1st losing season in years. No one should be surprised he ended wvu's 11 year winning season streak.

And just what the hell was Dana doing?

Reactions: WVUALLEN
Really, Would have been called? So they missed a targeting call on a kick return that knocked McCoy out of the game. Missed a face mask on a James reception. Missed 3 blatant holding calls on Baylor. Yes we know both teams hold and officials let them get away with it but these were so blatant a guy in the top row made the call.

You can make all the excuses you like but refs miss calls every week in every game. My post had to do with one homer post about one call. Let it go Allen. Enjoy the last few games and get ready for a probable sweet hoop season.

Last edited:
Reactions: tOSUGrad90
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT