ADVERTISEMENT

GAME THREAD West Virginia football at Pittsburgh

The next question is how good are VTs QB ( from Marshall and Charleston) and RBs going to play against WVU? We know they will play decent D.

If that game is lost, You have the Fcs, Kansas and then? For other wins this year?

The Oline is bad - still. QB crushed all night especially with the game on the line, multiple terrible timEd penalties for false starts. And without Donaldson, the running game wasn’t doing much.

The secondary was giving up passes left and right— all the departures hurt bad there.

QB way better, but holds it too long at times and can’t throw up the ball so much in tougher BIg 12 play.

Coaching was not good once again. Bad play calling, and failing to go for the throat on the fourth down play killer.

Ford Wheaton- excellent but targeted literally all night.

I have the VT game as a W. We beat them last year and they are starting from scratch. We are basically the same team

Reactions: WVUALLEN
I just now read where Doege ended up when he transferred away from Western Kentucky. What irony. He went to Troy.
No doubt Brown helped with that.

Greene had a very nice play in the first half- probably should have let him in some of the series where Pitts d was pressuring so hard and disrupting the QB play.

I have the VT game as a W. We beat them last year and they are starting from scratch. We are basically the same team
I think Pitt was about the same talent level too— and they won. Last year VT damn near came back also.

I don’t have anything as a win, they’ll have improve tremendously from all the mistakes- VT will be rowdier and louder than Pitt.

I think Pitt was about the same talent level too— and they won. Last year VT damn near came back also.

I don’t have anything as a win, they’ll have improve tremendously from all the mistakes- VT will be roadies and louder than Pitt.

Another Neal Brown clinic in game management where we snatched victory from the jaws of defeat, however the fact is we won, and VT cleaned house following the season. We should be better. Of course we can lose, but we shouldn’t.

I think it’s official DH > NB. We lost on that exchange
Agree- the momentum was killed with that one decision. He could have run the clock down and maybe gone up two scores if they made it - and they most likely would have .

If there is a positive to be gained this year it’s if Daniels can get drafted, I thought he showed a lot tonight with pressure constantly in his face. 2 beautiful TDs, INT clearly not his fault and the last throw on 4th and long was a great throw.
Poor throw. Under thrown.

The outcome was not surprising. Not one bit. You knew that Clown Brown, a.k.a. Mr. Mediocre, would make sure we’d lose. When a head coach has a long history of mediocrity his teams find ways to lose instead of finding ways to win. That is Brown’s trademark. Water finds its level and Brown has found his, which is mediocrity, unable to win anything of significance.

Reactions: Rootmaster
The outcome was not surprising. Not one bit. You knew that Clown Brown, a.k.a. Mr. Mediocre, would make sure we’d lose. When a head coach has a long history of mediocrity his teams find ways to lose instead of finding ways to win. That is Brown’s trademark. Water finds its level and Brown has found his, which is mediocrity, unable to win anything of significance.
You should send in the buyout of 12 million now so you can get rid of him.

Poor throw. Under thrown.
Stepping into a collapsing pocket into a tight window. Gave his WR a shot in a do or die throw, idk what else you want. IMO the overturn was not 100% justified but understandable that they did, the ball didn’t actually move and the ruling on the field was catch.

Stepping into a collapsing pocket into a tight window. Gave his WR a shot in a do or die throw, idk what else you want. IMO the overturn was not 100% justified but understandable that they did, the ball didn’t actually move and the ruling on the field was catch.
Ball hit the ground.

Considering how well the WR was covered, I thought the 4th down throw was pretty good. It was 4th down and he didn't have the luxury of waiting until a receiver got more open than that. You absolutely cannot take a sack on 4th down.

I disagree. I think a DH team fists Pitt tonight...

And YOU KNOW, Dana isnt backing down from that 4 and Inches....that's just not him.
Wasn't 4th an inches but you can pretend it was all you want.

Will Grier - 2017

Dana lost to VT
Dana lost to TCU
Dana lost to Oklahoma State
Dana lost to Oklahoma
Dana lost to Texas
Dana lost to Utah

Will Grier - 2018
Dana lost to ISU
Dana lost to Oklahoma
Dana lost to Syracuse

A prime time, ESPN nationally televised game with ESPN college gameday there and you find a way to lose. Story of WVU.
Also Browns first loss when scoring more than 30. He is now 10-8 in 7 point games.

Unfortunate the buyout is 12 million plus.

Wasn't 4th an inches but you can pretend it was all you want.

Will Grier - 2017

Dana lost to VT
Dana lost to TCU
Dana lost to Oklahoma
Dana lost to Texas
Dana lost to Utah

Will Grier - 2018
Dana lost to ISU
Dana lost to Oklahoma
Dana lost to Syracuse

Did he lose to Pitt?

It's called a trap lol...not a catch.
Hands could arguably be under. Hell they just gave the Pitt TE the call on an earlier play with a similar scenario. Ball clearly hit the ground but with some hand underneath and didn’t move.

Reactions: WVUALLEN
A prime time, ESPN nationally televised game with ESPN college gameday there and you find a way to lose. Story of WVU.

Man ain't that the truth....

Game had energy and honestly I could just feel that Kneel couldn't match it. He's not a big game coach. I knew he was gonna find a way to lose the game..

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT