ADVERTISEMENT

GAME THREAD West Virginia football at Pittsburgh

Man ain't that the truth....

Game had energy and honestly I could just feel that Kneel couldn't match it. He's not a big game coach. I knew he was gonna find a way to lose the game..
Felt the energy disappear when BFW let the ball slip through his fingers for a pick 6.

Reactions: Tylerite
I think it’s official DH > NB. We lost on that exchange
I wonder what that last Grier team would have looked like with Kneel as coach. We definitely would have lost that Texas game. That was Dana's greatest moment as a coach and I'm including the Orange Bowl win. Clemson had no answers for the jet sweep, but that Texas game took some balls.

" Hey...you want to win this game?" Is an all time classic. One of the few times I was truly proud of having Dana as our coach.

Reactions: SKYHAWKBALL
Wouldn't have been a fire drill if he catches the ball.
We would have been at midfield, so fire drill would have been in full progress had he come down with that
I wonder what that last Grier team would have looked like with Kneel as coach. We definitely would have lost that Texas game. That was Dana's greatest moment as a coach and I'm including the Orange Bowl win. Clemson had no answers for the jet sweep, but that Texas game took some balls.

" Hey...you want to win this game?" Is an all time classic. One of the few times I was truly proud of having Dana as our coach.
Beating Texas with Geno was a good one as well.

Reactions: WVUALLEN
Regarding DH vs NB, I was always lukewarm on DH and out on him following his final loss to OU. Had he stayed this program would have followed a similar probably less disastrous trajectory. They both weren’t the guy, but overall DH has a superior resume to NB. That much is undeniable at this stage.

Reactions: spreadoption
Hey you can blame BFW for the ball slipping out of his hands, but he should have NEVER been in that situation. 4th and .5 yards and his concern about his job tried to make the other team bail him out for making a mistake. He decided to let the opponent decide the game and he lost. This was the wort decision by a WVU coach in 20-30+ years because of his insecurity. Neal is a coward trying to suck out as much as he can before he becomes an assistant in the MWC. Loser mentality. No climb is trusted. Horrible, weak, pansy, loser, decision. LOSER MENTALLY AND LOSER AGENDA

Hey you can blame BFW for the ball slipping out of his hands, but he should have NEVER been in that situation. 4th and .5 yards and his concern about his job tried to make the other team bail him out for making a mistake. He decided to let the opponent decide the game and he lost. This was the wort decision by a WVU coach in 20-30+ years because of his insecurity. Neal is a coward trying to suck out as much as he can before he becomes an assistant in the MWC. Loser mentality. No climb is trusted. Horrible, weak, pansy, loser, decision. LOSER MENTALLY AND LOSER AGENDA
Yeah you tell em. Maybe you should hire a sniper and knock him off and put us all out of our misery!

10717072.jpeg

• Haha
Would be nice but it ain't happening for 2 more years. You can thank our AD for that move.
We can thank idiots like you who kept declaring NB the next coming, excuse away his mistakes and libeled a coach who won more games than anyone outside Nehlen And pushed it all over social media pushing change to the leadership of WVU athletics. You can’t win with stupid supporters who push out quality coaching in place of their warped idea of “fit.”

I just now read where Doege ended up when he transferred away from Western Kentucky. What irony. He went to Troy.
Neal Brown's WVU was the only team he could win a starting job for. Says a lot about Brown and Daygay both, imo.

I wasnt happy with the 4th and 1 call. Give it to the freshman. Dude is a beast. That was our game. We should've upset them in front of a record crowd.

I don't even think Donaldson was the right call there. QB sneak. If you are afraid for JT after the QB sneak TD that may have injured his shoulder, put any of the back ups in there.

I don't even think Donaldson was the right call there. QB sneak. If you are afraid for JT after the QB sneak TD that may have injured his shoulder, put any of the back ups in there.
Quick count sneak would've been the best call, I agree. But Donaldson couldve probably got it as well. We have to see a lot more of this kid. He could provide the spark we need on offense tov maybe finish the season with a winning record this year.

The drops hurt us the most in this game though imo.

When you’re averaging 7.78 yards per rush, the options are endless.
They are. But with that distance and situation, the QB sneak was not only the safest, but had a high percentage chance of succeeding. The game could've ended the exact same way had WVU gone for it and not gotten it as it did last night. I would not be upset about it at all because Pitt would've earned it. Instead we rolled over like an impotent, mewling kitten and then got all desperate when we realized we screwed up.

Well that’s what they would have to do to save his ass. I think Pitt is actually an average at best team, certainly not worth its ranking. We had it in the bag and decided to leave the back door open rather than attempt to gain a half yard. We were highly motivated and the beneficiaries of a blocked punt, and still lost. That means we are going to take Ls to a lot of other average teams this year. We likely flirt with 6-6 again.
Well the next three schools on the schedule are not as good as Pitt.

Well the next three schools on the schedule are not as good as Pitt.

So what? We are not beating UT, OU, OK St, and Baylor, and we are at best taking 3 of VT, TCU, TT, ISU and KSU. That is 7 Ls. Maybe we steal one we shouldn’t, and maybe we drop another of the 5 winnable games. So excuse me if I’m not getting excited over the prospect of a fool’s gold 4-1 start because the schedule is front loaded with winnable games.

Reactions: Rootmaster
So what? We are not beating UT, OU, OK St, and Baylor, and we are at best taking 3 of VT, TCU, TT, ISU and KSU. That is 7 Ls. Maybe we steal one we shouldn’t, and maybe we drop another of the 5 winnable games. So excuse me if I’m not getting excited over the prospect of a fool’s gold 4-1 start because the schedule is front loaded with winnable games.
The point was that Pitt is better than average, and we almost won.

I'm tired of almost wins. That game was a win and we snatched defeat from the jaws of victory.

Four years now and still saw the same mental mistakes, stupid penalties, turnovers and coaching bloopers as previous 3.

Thanks to Shane we are backed into a corner for the next 2 years.

We “almost” beat OU last year as well. I don’t doubt that we will be in a bunch of games, pull some out, and give some away. We just simply never dominate any team with a pulse. It’s pretty crazy how many 1 score games Brown has had with such a small sample size.

He coaches every game like it’s Troy vs LSU where he is always happy to keep the game close, rather than WVU vs OU 2007 where we might not be better overall, but we’re better in some areas and we will absolutely boat race you if you’re not ready. Throw caution to the wind and try to force the ball into the end zone at the end of the half FFS. Go and get the damn inches and then shove the ball into the end zone again to spoil your rivals banner raising night.

Last edited:
I'm tired of almost wins. That game was a win and we snatched defeat from the jaws of victory.

Four years now and still saw the same mental mistakes, stupid penalties, turnovers and coaching bloopers as previous 3.

Yes we should of won, but we lost to a very good Pitt team and not to a bad xyz school.
I think we will rebound in a big way.

Yes we should of won, but we lost to a very good Pitt team and not to a bad xyz school.
I think we will rebound in a big way.
Pitt is overrated and an average WVU team proved it last night. Lucky for them they play in ACC weakling conference.

We “almost” beat OU last year as well. I don’t doubt that we will be in a bunch of games, pull some out, and give some away. We just simply never dominate any team with a pulse. It’s pretty crazy how many 1 score games Brown has had with such a small sample size.

He coaches every game like it’s Troy vs LSU, rather than WVU vs OU 2007. Throw caution to the wind and try to force the ball into the end zone at the end of the half FFS. Go and get the damn inches and then shove the ball into the end zone again to spoil your rivals banner raising night.
18 one score games and Brown is 10-8 in those.

Snatching defeat from the jaws off victory has pretty much defined Wvu since Rod left. After 15 years the natives are restless.

Snatching defeat from the jaws off victory has pretty much defined Wvu since Rod left. After 15 years the natives are restless.

His style is antiquated and he hasn’t sniffed success of any note since 2014.

Totally unrelated, but just thinking about that era, it’s interesting to think back to 2006 as to what the entire college landscape would look like had Bama taken Rod over Saban. Would Saban have landed somewhere like Texas or USC and maybe the SEC wouldn’t have had that power that it does now?

You guys appear to have a QB that throws guys open. Most QBs attempt to throw to open guys. Good NFL QBs throw guys open. He is a good one if you can piece together an OL to protect him.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT