ADVERTISEMENT

GAME THREAD West Virginia basketball at Cincinnati

I'm hopeful for a good game and a win. Would love a first round win in the tournament.

You negative people think it is bad this year, next year will be worse in terms of wins. Hopefully, you will be patient with the coach. It isn't going to be easy getting back to the top half of the conference but I will be supporting the program.

The way it sets up we may play Cincinnati today and in first round of tournament.

I was a little optimistic when it was 19-19. Now it’s 36-22.

I've cancelled my ESPN+ subscription so unable to watch. Not listening either. What happened on the technical foul?

There was 2 of them. One on the coach arguing about no calls on our end of court and the other was on Krissa for not letting go of a bearcat after they had blown the whistle. Atleast that’s the way I understood it.

Reactions: WVUBRU
They just showed Huggins at the game in Cincinnati. He probably thought he was in Columbus.

One more loss to go.

Eilert has broken Huggins record with his 22nd loss of the season. Most ever.

After WVU’s decision to drop its men’s basketball program this year and field only a club team, I hope it is reinstated next season as a varsity sport. Winter was boring without WVU hoops.

What? That is a varsity team?

• Haha
Reactions: WVUALLEN
After WVU’s decision to drop its men’s basketball program this year and field only a club team, I hope it is reinstated next season as a varsity sport. Winter was boring without WVU hoops.

What? That is a varsity team?
Hey be nice now. WVU former coach was at WVU senior day for some of the players and then showed up at Cincinnati wearing Bearcat Red.

He must have read the sign wrong that said free bearcat and mug shots as free beer and shots.

I'm hopeful for a good game and a win. Would love a first round win in the tournament.

You negative people think it is bad this year, next year will be worse in terms of wins. Hopefully, you will be patient with the coach. It isn't going to be easy getting back to the top half of the conference but I will be supporting the program.
We negative people are right. Btw since you said you're not watching or listening to this game...just how are you supporting?

No it won't. We are 9-22 a team of blind players could do better.

When has WVU ever been at the top half of the conference? 2015-2017?

The University should just save money and forfeit the first round game. It's not like the players are going to give much effort anyways. Just save money, start over next year.

No it won't. We are 9-22 a team of blind players could do better.

When has WVU ever been at the top half of the conference? 2015-2017?
You finally said something accurate about this team even if it was by accident and meant to be TIC. Issue has been the combination of players this year. It is a bad team. No coach could have won with this team. Maybe two or three more W's at the most if we had the best coach ever. It is my opinion that the collection of players any coach will be able to assemble will be even less talented individually. I know you disagree but your opinion is not better than anyone else's even though you think highly of yourself.

You finally said something accurate about this team even if it was by accident and meant to be TIC. Issue has been the combination of players this year. It is a bad team. No coach could have won with this team. Maybe two or three more W's at the most if we had the best coach ever. It is my opinion that the collection of players any coach will be able to assemble will be even less talented individually. I know you disagree but your opinion is not better than anyone else's even though you think highly of yourself.
Talk money and they will come. No such thing as recruiting anymore.

WVU will win games next year with a new coach and team. You don't like my opinion I get it. But I'm more positive about WVU future than you think you are. For someone that claims they're never negative about WVU sports sure is negative towards their future.

Talk money and they will come. No such thing as recruiting anymore.

WVU will win games next year with a new coach and team. You don't like my opinion I get it. But I'm more positive about WVU future than you think you are. For someone that claims they're never negative about WVU sports sure is negative towards their future.
Yes, you are positive about the immediate future of this program and moreso than me for next year. And I hope you are right and I'm dead wrong. Will be perfectly fine with it. But keep in mind of this conversation as next year if we start out bad, I will be posting things as I did this year saying I'm hopeful and we will win a few surprises this year and I hope I don't see you post 100 times saying "we will go 0-18 in conference".

Yes, you are positive about the immediate future of this program and moreso than me for next year. And I hope you are right and I'm dead wrong. Will be perfectly fine with it. But keep in mind of this conversation as next year if we start out bad, I will be posting things as I did this year saying I'm hopeful and we will win a few surprises this year and I hope I don't see you post 100 times saying "we will go 0-18 in conference".
I'm sure you will on all counts good and bad as this board is never going to be what it once was many moons ago.

12325754.jpeg

Him wearing red was a purposeful message to the administration. I'm betting he was told after senior night at WVU that he is NOT being considered for the job and his chapter with WVU is finished. Just my speculation.

Seriously. We should just forfeit. It's pretty evident from today's game that the players don't want to play anymore, the coaching staff know they are not coming back, and it's just a waste of time and money to continue the season.
Lol. I was just wondering. Damn.

Yes, 3pm against Cincy on ESPN+ on Tuesday.

I hope they show up with a chip on their shoulder.

Reactions: locustwv
Yes, 3pm against Cincy on ESPN+ on Tuesday.

I hope they show up with a chip on their shoulder.
They haven't had a chip on their shoulder all season. Why would they have one now?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT