ADVERTISEMENT

GAME THREAD West Virginia football at Pittsburgh

Win or lose...I never want to hear a spitt fan brag about that OL again.

We are smoking their asses.
I think Stills is WAY underrated. That guy has a motor that doesn't stop. Even when he doesn't get in the backfield, he's causing the OL to adjust and that frees up someone else.

Reactions: HotInEER
If we lose this game it’s all on Neal Brown for not going for it on 4th and inches.

Blaming him for a total meltdown.
I think he should have went for it on 4th and 1. But I also don't disagree with the decision to punt either. But when you are the underdog, on the road, up 7 points, with 6 minutes to go, at midfield.........damn.

Targeting is also excessive force around head and neck area. That is 100% by definition.

EDIT: WOW.

I think he should have went for it on 4th and 1. But I also don't disagree with the decision to punt either. But when you are the underdog, on the road, up 7 points, with 6 minutes to go, at midfield.........damn.

You’re averaging 6 yards per play. You need a yard or less to basically win the game. You take those odds all night rather than giving the ball back.

Wow. OMG. I'll eat my words from earlier right now. Bad, bad drop.

We've had some bad drops as well. James dropped a routine first down on the first play before the eventual 4th and inches situation. Had at least one other one as well. Then I recall an open TE in the flat that dropped a 5 yard wide open catch.

Remember guys, Neal thought it was a better idea to win the game by trying to stop a team who put up 24 in 3 quarters in a 4 down situation rather than try to get a half yard on their side of the field. Win or lose it’s a nail biter because of that.

Looks like another should, could, would season where coaches will be talking about if just this or that went right, WVU was a 9 win team. Blah blah blah. Same old blowing the opportunity in not just winnable games, but winnable situations where WVU was in control at the 6 minute mark.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT