ADVERTISEMENT

Thank you Neal Brown

WVUFanForever

All-American
Oct 1, 2004
You took over a program with almost no talent thanks to the previous coach....guided the team through COVID.....adapted to the NIL and portal...taken a team picked last and have them bowl eligible and one bad play from being 8-3.

Great job Neal!

TRUST THE CLIMB!

First ever 7 wins in a season
First ever 5 wins in conference

Without UCF, Cincinnati, Houston and BYU being added this doesn't happen.
Don't get too over exited as the way the Big 12 is going we lose at Baylor.

Exactly! Weakest schedule we’ve had since we played in the new Big East after Miami, VT, BC, Pitt, and Syracuse left.

Against 4 new kids

WVU 3-1
Baylor 2-1
TCU 2-0
Kansas 2-0 (plays Cincinnati last game of season)
TTU 1-0 (currently losing to UCF 14-7)
KSU 3-0
OSU 1-1 (losing 23-19 to Houston at half plays BYU next week)
ISU 3-0 (ISU would not have the record they have now if not for the 4 new teams)
Oklahoma 3-0
Texas 2-0

UC 1 win was Houston
Houston 2 wins WVU, Baylor
UCF 2 wins Houston and OSU
BYU 2 wins Cincinnati and Texas Tech

You can only win the games that's on your schedule. I won't slight those accomplishments. Brown and his staff has done a great job this year in the sense that where they were after last year and the expectations.

Now, here's the real test..........how will Brown do NEXT YEAR when we aren't picked 14th and have some expectations?

You can only win the games that's on your schedule. I won't slight those accomplishments. Brown and his staff has done a great job this year in the sense that where they were after last year and the expectations.

Now, here's the real test..........how will Brown do NEXT YEAR when we aren't picked 14th and have some expectations?
Let’s hope we don’t have to be the ONLY one to play all 4 of them. That was bullshit. We should’ve got to play Texas in their final year

I'm guessing they will be picked 10th or 11th out of 16 team conference. WVU has 7 home games next year they finished 5-1 this season at home. Play at Arizona, Cincinnati, Pitt, Oklahoma State and Texas Tech. At home PSU, Albany, Baylor, Kansas, Kansas State, Iowa State and UCF. I would say that from first glance without knowing how those teams will look next year is a much tougher schedule. We will find out a lot if he actually improved anything at all.

He did what he needed to do in beating 3 of the 4 new teams where as Texas 9-1, KSU 7-3, Kansas 7-3 and ISU 6-4 were replaced. I doubt he goes 3-1 against them possibly 2-2 at best. You just don't know. Big 12 has been different all season where as you just don't know week to week how one team is going to perform.

Let’s hope we don’t have to be the ONLY one to play all 4 of them. That was bullshit. We should’ve got to play Texas in their final year
Just UCF, Cincinnati and Arizona as far as newbies. With 2 of those on the road.

Exactly! Weakest schedule we’ve had since we played in the new Big East after Miami, VT, BC, Pitt, and Syracuse left.
If we played the Kansas teams and Texas this year things would be much different no doubt.

The Neal brown effect is 20k empty seats on senior night when your honoring a coaching legend.

Reactions: ThePunish-EER
Geeze....I'd rather focus on the positives....you guys want to be negative about everything....we won...try to enjoy it.
You might be impressed, I’m not. Next week will not change my opinion either. Once you realize your HC cannot get the program where we want, you will understand. We beat a 3-8 team today. Big deal. Next week we play another 3-8 team who got curb stomped by 5-6 TCU. Big deal. Beat someone with a pulse and then we’ll talk
If we played the Kansas teams and Texas this year things would be much different no doubt.

The Neal brown effect is 20k empty seats on senior night when your honoring a coaching legend.
Exactly! Nailed it. I think we would be 4-7 or 5-6 if we had.

Reactions: deedoubleyou
danmarks radio idiot GIF by DR

I'm not so sure you can blame the empty seats on anything other than:

1. Hunting season
2. Having good year, not great, Cincy stinks, and the game wasn't factoring in to Big 12 Championship
3. Since 2020, people just don't go to sporting events unless it's considered "a big game" (this is a sad reality of shutting down everything and people learning that there's life other than sports)

1. Hunting season
2. Having good year, not great, Cincy stinks, and the game wasn't factoring in to Big 12 Championship
3. Since 2020, people just don't go to sporting events unless it's considered "a big game" (this is a sad reality of shutting down everything and people learning that there's life other than sports)
Stop with the excuses. The majority of WVU fans are fed up. Hunting season never affected attendance in the past. Blaming Covid isn’t realistic. Do you watch other games besides WVU? We just honored Don Nehlen and put his name on the stadium upper deck and nobody came. Trust me, it’s not that people don’t love Don Nehlen. It’s that people have seen enough of this nonsense. The fact we have some on this board giddy, including Brown himself in his postgame presser, over beating 3-8 Cincinnati shows me how far this program has slipped.

1. Hunting season
Gun season starts Monday. Nice try to make excuses though. This is a game that would have sold out pre Brown. It was a perfect afternoon for football!! Gorgeous, chilly but not cold day. This is the best record WVU has had under Brown and there were 20k empty seats at the last home game of the season and a game where it may be the last time people get to see Don Nehlen like that. This should have been a sellout. Not even close. WVU football is becomming irrelevant under Brown. Not even VGABRU could get his realfan self to see Nehlen one last time and support these awesome seniors we have this year. People just dont show up like they used to under Brown.

Last edited:
Reactions: ThePunish-EER
Gun season starts Monday. Nice try to make excuses though. This is a game that would have sold out pre Brown. It was a perfect afternoon for football!! Gorgeous, chilly but not cold day. This is the best record WVU has had under Brown and there were 20k empty seats at the last home game of the season and a game where it may be the last time people get to see Don Nehlen like that. This should have been a sellout. Not even close. WVU football is becomming irrelevant under Brown.
Gun season is every day of the year.

Gun season starts Monday. Nice try to make excuses though. This is a game that would have sold out pre Brown. It was a perfect afternoon for football!! Gorgeous, chilly but not cold day. This is the best record WVU has had under Brown and there were 20k empty seats at the last home game of the season and a game where it may be the last time people get to see Don Nehlen like that. This should have been a sellout. Not even close. WVU football is becomming irrelevant under Brown. Not even VGABRU could get his realfan self to see Nehlen one last time and support these awesome seniors we have this year. People just dont show up like they used to under Brown.
Exactly right! This program is a wreck. There is zero swagger. We don’t expect to win any games now. We get blown off the field by ranked team and struggle with sub .500 teams. We essentially play 4 new G5 schools and 1 FCS school who is a .500 team at the .500 level and go 4-1. We beat up a 2-9 Pitt team OOC and we go 2-2 with the rest of the Big 12 we played 3 total P5 teams with a winning record and were blown out in all 3. We’ve beaten one team with a win img record —Texas Tech at 6-5.

Exactly right! This program is a wreck. There is zero swagger. We don’t expect to win any games now. We get blown off the field by ranked team and struggle with sub .500 teams. We essentially play 4 new G5 schools and 1 FCS school who is a .500 team at the .500 level and go 4-1. We beat up a 2-9 Pitt team OOC and we go 2-2 with the rest of the Big 12 we played 3 total P5 teams with a winning record and were blown out in all 3. We’ve beaten one team with a win img record —Texas Tech at 6-5.
I don't know if I would have added the part about beating only one team with a winning record. Most of WVU best seasons in terms of W/L ratio was the result of us beating up on teams with losing records.

Reactions: WESTBGVA
..so even when we win we lose. Go ahead...wear that self-loathing and victimhood mentality like a badge of honor.

I've enjoyed this season just like every season before it..taking the good with the not so good.. it's college football

Satterfield, who has been a professional coach for 25 years says that WVU plays with an edge...our own fans say... not so fast my Friend!....

Last edited:
..so even when we win we lose. Go ahead...wear that self-loathing and victimhood mentality like a badge of honor.

I've enjoyed this season just like every season before it..taking the good with the not so good.. it's college football

Satterfield, who has been a professional coach for 25 years says that WVU plays with an edge...our own fans say... not so fast my Friend!....
You are calling fans who think Neal Brown is just an average coach and want an upgrade for WVU these names because they have an opinion that isnt the same as yours. But you are really what you call others, BRU. Every post you make is whining because people dont agree with you about Neal Brown. You cant even enjoy the win yesterday on game thread, instead you just whine about bad fans and call people names. Not one comment on any of the awesome plays in a great game played by WVU. Nope, you are such a victim, self-leathing weirdo with two accounts, that all you can do is whine about people who want a better coach and call them names. Its what you do on here, and then you like your own posts with your other account lol.

I enjoyed the hell out of it as I'm sure you did (not)...it's never wrong to not have an opinion about something, especially when you don't know shit...no one is getting fired..just suck it up scooter and enjoy the ride

I enjoyed the hell out of it as I'm sure you did (not)...it's never wrong to not have an opinion about something, especially when you don't know shit...no one is getting fired..just suck it up scooter and enjoy the ride
You are a self loathing weirdo with two accounts. I can't see where you enjoy anything except stalking the people who want a better coach, skippy..

get this though your hillbilly thick skull..I'll type slowly...You... are not.... getting... a new coach for Christmas

get this though your hillbilly thick skull..I'll type slowly...You... are not.... getting... a new coach for Christmas
I never said we were moron. Not once lol. You are like a woman on her period. If you ever paid attention you would know that I only think we should, not that we will. But reality is none of us fans know yet. Baker said it wasnt about wins and losses but the direction of the program. So we will see.....

Last season the damage with Neal was done. Social media blew up about jumping off the climb and the Neal bandwagon. It was ugly. There were some mean things said, way worse than anything I've seen on here. Well I know for 100% certain that Neal's wife was on social media reading all of that stuff last season and things have gotten ugly for her in Morgantown over it. His kids were getting picked on in school last season because WVU is having the worst stretch since the 70s. Then the admin were basically forced to keep him because of the buyout. Neal was forced to stay because of a buyout. This marriage is overdue to end. I am not sure the damage is irreversable. What we have now is a coach who got stuck here when he, the school and its fans were all ready to move on. His boss got fired instead. I am sure all these things will be taken into consideration when deciding what to do. In my opinion, keeping him beyond last year was a big mistake because of all of the reason above, combined with his coaching record at WVU which is terrible...

Last edited:
Stop with the excuses. The majority of WVU fans are fed up. Hunting season never affected attendance in the past. Blaming Covid isn’t realistic. Do you watch other games besides WVU? We just honored Don Nehlen and put his name on the stadium upper deck and nobody came. Trust me, it’s not that people don’t love Don Nehlen. It’s that people have seen enough of this nonsense. The fact we have some on this board giddy, including Brown himself in his postgame presser, over beating 3-8 Cincinnati shows me how far this program has slipped.
I'm sure $85 tickets + gas + meals + hotel rooms have no impact either when you are looking at the inflation rate and wage neutrality? Not making "excuses". Just stating facts. Real life facts.

I'm sure $85 tickets + gas + meals + hotel rooms have no impact either when you are looking at the inflation rate and wage neutrality? Not making "excuses". Just stating facts. Real life facts.
It does not appear that everyone else is having these same problems. WVU has always had a rabid following and the economy, Covid, etc are not the reasons fans aren’t showing up. Otherwise, we would be seeing it at Michigan, Penn State, or even our level at Virginia Tech. While you might believe there is nothing to see here, a great majority of WVU fans disagree with you.

Last edited:
I don't know if I would have added the part about beating only one team with a winning record. Most of WVU best seasons in terms of W/L ratio was the result of us beating up on teams with losing records.
Fact is we couldn’t get past any of the few winning teams we faced and we barely got by the losing record teams we played. Had we played Texas, KState, Kansas, and Iowa State this year instead of the new G5 teams, it’s most likely WVU is 0-4 or 1-3 at best. In that case alone, WVU would be sitting at 4-7 or 5-6 since they went 3-1 against the former G5 schools. This is exactly in line with every typical Neal Brown led WVU team of the last 5 years. It’s time to move on.

Sell out? You really need to go back and look at the history of WVU attendance during 6-4 seasons through 10 games under other coaches (including the Legend Don Nehlen). Get a clue. I'm not making excuses, I'm stating facts.

November 18th, 2000: East Carolina (last home game for Don Nehlen)......team was 6-4.....attendance.....40,389

Now, STFU about "excuses".

Fact is we couldn’t get past any of the few winning teams we faced and we barely got by the losing record teams we played. Had we played Texas, KState, Kansas, and Iowa State this year instead of the new G5 teams, it’s most likely WVU is 0-4 or 1-3 at best. In that case alone, WVU would be sitting at 4-7 or 5-6 since they went 3-1 against the former G5 schools. This is exactly in line with every typical Neal Brown led WVU team of the last 5 years. It’s time to move on.
I've not defended Neal Brown much at all. Coming in to this year, I felt he was deserving of a pink slip and move on. This year he's made changes and improvements. I will compliment him for that.

But I think I've heard it all now that I've read this post. Blaming a coach for not winning games that WERE NOT ON THE SCHEDULE?????? Gosh dang. We play the teams on the schedule, the ones that are not are none of our concerns. To hypothesize losses is pretty bad. Just saying. Chill out and enjoy this season.

Reactions: Phil1972 and WVUBRU
You might be impressed, I’m not. Next week will not change my opinion either. Once you realize your HC cannot get the program where we want, you will understand. We beat a 3-8 team today. Big deal. Next week we play another 3-8 team who got curb stomped by 5-6 TCU. Big deal. Beat someone with a pulse and then we’ll talk

Exactly! Nailed it. I think we would be 4-7 or 5-6 if we had.
PLEASE STOP your incessant bitching!
We lose; YOU bitch. We win: you still bitch. YOU find random reasons for being dissatisfied and unhappy. STOP IT.
You do not like the schedule GIVEN to us. SO WHAT? Really--who cares whether you Are pleased or not? You and the others who share in the gloom are a miserable sort and lack the good sense or intelligence to live with circumstances as they exist. You want a killer schedule and then, if we do not win the number of games YOU think we might, YOU BITCH. You are a true bundle of devout misery.
Why not try being a supportive FAN and enjoy what we do with what is dealt us and be somewhat of an adult, shedding the childlike characteristics you now seem to relish a portray.. GROW UP. and SHUT UP. I will no longer participate in reading your trash and slanted reasoning (if it can even be classified as such).

Ok, we can agree to disagree on our assessments of the Neal Brown program.
I guess so..I know we have some brilliant football minds here..could probably lecture for an hour on the execution of a base block and a reach block...take some 12 yr olds to a 7 on 7 tournament and walk away with the trophy..yessir

Ok, we can agree to disagree on our assessments of the Neal Brown program.
The posse doesn't know how to agree to disagree about Neal brown. You have obviously been brought up some very valid points that a lot of people agree with. Honestly I was at the game yesterday and a lot of the people I was around talked about Brown like they're ready to move on even though they were cheering on the game and enjoying it. They were cheering the players and Don. Last year it turned into a bad relationship. Despite his failures as a coach which you pointed out very well, there's the emotional part of it as well. Brown and his family are just about ready to move on as well. It should have happened last year except the buyout. It's hard to come back from that when it gets that bad.

Last edited:
This is the best record WVU has had under Brown and there were 20k empty seats at the last home game of the season and a game where it may be the last time people get to see Don Nehlen like that. This should have been a sellout.
November 18th, 2000: East Carolina (last home game for Don Nehlen)......team was 6-4.....attendance.....40,389

No response to this fact?

No response to this fact?
People were losing interest in nehlens last couple/few years. They were starting to turn on him like they have brown already. Draw play up the middle they would say. The game was passing him by, etc, etc. I remember it well...

Then rich Rod came along and took us to another level. That is truly when wvu reached levels a lot of fans never thought possible. Packed houses, national rankings. Bcs trophies. Good times. We know we can be at that level so why not try to?

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT