ADVERTISEMENT

Round one...Pens vs Cryers

[roll].....Torontoeers in Buffalo? Win, in LA? Win, in Ottawa? Win...I am warning you now...I am lookin at Washington to meet YOU @DocEER or Columbus to meet @COOL MAN with a nicely raised eyebrow...yes...yes I am! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
I’m going to pull a trump. I’m going to build a wall and make Canada pay for it to keep you out during the playoffs! :sunglasses::beer:

I am on my third Yeungling thank the maker... (border guard gave me the get the hell outta here look when I pleaded we planned to stay till Sunday with 2 cases of talls...I wanted to throw him a six pack) good times up 2-1 boys...long layoff till Wed game...gonna be champing at the bit by Tuesday round here....

I pointed and yelled at some meathead in orange to sit the **** down on Friday night who yelled out 'you are shit Murray'...wife was not happy with me, but a fella behind me gave me a pat on back and an atta boy....speaking of which? MM with a solid effort early to weather the storm imo helped this afternoon...thats two good outings in 3...I'll take it!

Do you mention to those sitting near you that you're from GTA......and how much are you forced to tell your story about Mario/becoming a Pens fan ??
Or, do you just low key the entire story

Reactions: torontoeers
Do you mention to those sitting near you that you're from GTA......and how much are you forced to tell your story about Mario/becoming a Pens fan ??
I did have an in depth 2 years back with a fella in the row behind us actually for the first round Rangers. He was impressed with the amount of travel we do, but understood the Mario / Leaves suckage angle completely . Unfortunately I will never see him again if this board has its way ...[roll]

Btw this was the 3rd time we have sat in the same aisle seats section 117 row E 9/10 aftermarket. The dude underprices his ducats significant, fine with me but not you guys lol. In fact I recognize the folks beside and the young girl and her mom that came in late at start 2 and poked on my shoulder 'uh you guys are in our seats!' ...I laughed at her and said 'No actually THOSE are yours in front here and you are late!' No comment from rich daddy's girl...

Reactions: COOL MAN
@torontoeers, in all seriousness, if you decide to make Washington (assuming they win), we should try to meet up. Would have to be a weekend game. I hate missing work since I own the joint and money stops flowing when I’m out.

I’m going to pull a trump. I’m going to build a wall and make Canada pay for it to keep you out during the playoffs! :sunglasses::beer:
I said to my wife after the game Friday, "Our friend Toronto is going to be catching all kinds of hell from the guys on the message board after this fiasco." Only prediction I have made in five years that came to fruition!

@torontoeers, in all seriousness, if you decide to make Washington (assuming they win), we should try to meet up. Would have to be a weekend game. I hate missing work since I own the joint and money stops flowing when I’m out.
Should it happen...100% and definitely a wknd ...the wife loves DC so no prob in convincing her. However...how bout them BJs tonight?!? Lmao...you gonna have a great time around the office tomorrow potentially! Hahaha

Reactions: DocEER
Holtby in the net for Craps for 3rd period. This should be an interesting finish. Not that I love the Blue Jackets, but I would love to see them return to Ohio with a 2-0 lead.
My friend has not watched a single game of theirs all season. Last seasons playoff loss killed his spirit. He literally tossed his Ovie jersey out. He has become a huge minor league hockey guy (lives in San Diego, so he loves the Gulls). When I try to poke at him, he claims he has nothing to do with that loser franchise.

The radio post game show talked about Oleksiak's reduced ice time the last two games and they fact that he is getting no ice on the PK. But at least in the small sample of the post season the PK looks better overall.

Holtby in the net for Craps for 3rd period. This should be an interesting finish. Not that I love the Blue Jackets, but I would love to see them return to Ohio with a 2-0 lead.

Craps lose again! Great day!

Blojax have every right to feel exceptionally good this morning......and the Craps to be shitting the bed......but would you really be shocked if they came back to win 2 straight in Columbus ??

I mean, losing 2 games in OT is hardly an indicator of being dominated.....meaning it's a very close series......and they did end up with almost 60 shots last night. Of course, they have to acknowledge giving up leads in both games (which they're obviously blaming on Grubauer).

Which presumably means the rest of the series belongs to Holtby; it obviously remains to be seen if he holds up. But I myself don't think the fact the series shifts to Columbus will matter that much; I don't personally think BH is any less likely to play well on the road than at home.

What I think the Craps better recognize quick is they can't win this series by attrition; Blojax are just as big, and they give as well (or better) than they take. And Bob is obviously doing the job, at least in this series.

Meanwhile, I'm trying to figure out what's going on with officiating in this series (which I admit I haven't watched as closely as I'd have expected). Blojax had three 3rd period PP advantages in Game 1, and the Craps had four 3rd period PP advantages last night.

We all know the stripes typically put away the whistle in the 3rd, especially in the playoffs; so what are they trying to prove ??

The radio post game show talked about Oleksiak's reduced ice time the last two games and they fact that he is getting no ice on the PK. But at least in the small sample of the post season the PK looks better overall.

According to the box score, Oleksiak played less than 10 minutes yesterday.....and that's after being last in TOI (<16:00) among Pens defensemen in Game 1.

Maybe he's gotten sideways with HCMS......we know Sully is quick to bench players who aren't doing what he thinks they should be doing (see Sheary).....or maybe he's hurt. Or, it could be as simple as Sully feeling the Cryers....who, as a team, can skate......are a bad matchup for him.

Blojax have every right to feel exceptionally good this morning......and the Craps to be shitting the bed......but would you really be shocked if they came back to win 2 straight in Columbus ??

I mean, losing 2 games in OT is hardly an indicator of being dominated.....meaning it's a very close series......and they did end up with almost 60 shots last night. Of course, they have to acknowledge giving up leads in both games (which they're obviously blaming on Grubauer).

Which presumably means the rest of the series belongs to Holtby; it obviously remains to be seen if he holds up. But I myself don't think the fact the series shifts to Columbus will matter that much; I don't personally think BH is any less likely to play well on the road than at home.

What I think the Craps better recognize quick is they can't win this series by attrition; Blojax are just as big, and they give as well (or better) than they take. And Bob is obviously doing the job, at least in this series.

Meanwhile, I'm trying to figure out what's going on with officiating in this series (which I admit I haven't watched as closely as I'd have expected). Blojax had three 3rd period PP advantages in Game 1, and the Craps had four 3rd period PP advantages last night.

We all know the stripes typically put away the whistle in the 3rd, especially in the playoffs; so what are they trying to prove ??
Oh I agree. Washington is not out of the series yet by any means. Having watched both games, I don’t think the officiating is suspect. Both teams are idiots and are looking for a way to screw themselves. One penalty on Columbus (lead to the tie) was when their defender tossed the puck into the stands without significant pressure being applied. Both teams are not mentally strong.

The Capitals might win one out of two in Columbus, but I wouldn't be surprised to see them swept. Championship teams don't give up two-goal leads -- twice. Blowing it in the playoffs is in their heads again, and they aren't good enough to know how to exorcise that demon. Last year was their best shot to actually do something, and we know how that turned out. [thumbsup]

Penguins_2017_Stanley_Cup_Sidney_Crosby-Evgeni_Malkin_-_AAUE207_800x.jpg

Oh I agree. Washington is not out of the series yet by any means. Having watched both games, I don’t think the officiating is suspect. Both teams are idiots and are looking for a way to screw themselves. One penalty on Columbus (lead to the tie) was when their defender tossed the puck into the stands without significant pressure being applied. Both teams are not mentally strong.

I agree with this assessment. Neither one of these teams seem to be able to rid themselves of the stupid penalty.

Bingo on on that last sentence Doc...couldn't agree more.
And yep...they simply can't get out of their own way! Quiet in the office today? Lol

Meanwhile up here...[roll].....oh yes. The locals are beside themselves with anguish, blaming the coach for line combos etc, Andersen is a sieve, Hainsey is a stiff (news to me maybe resting him a bit before playoff woulda been an idea, rather than play him heavy in meaningless games), Matthews doesnt care, the B's are dirty, blah blah blah...all the while they ignore and outwardly defend the little twerp Kadri for not one but TWO egregious fouls in game one. Bitching and moaning about a 3 game suspension. Hey! Newsflash Leaves faithful! The asshat you defend so vigorously has NO CLUE what the playoffs mean. He's all about himself, and he doesn't care a lick about you or his teammates. Good times! This is gold I tell ya...just GOLD! :popcorn:

Meanwhile up here...[roll].....oh yes. The locals are beside themselves with anguish, blaming the coach for line combos etc, Andersen is a sieve, Hainsey is a stiff (news to me maybe resting him a bit before playoff woulda been an idea, rather than play him heavy in meaningless games), Matthews doesnt care, the B's are dirty, blah blah blah...all the while they ignore and outwardly defend the little twerp Kadri for not one but TWO egregious fouls in game one. Bitching and moaning about a 3 game suspension. Hey! Newsflash Leaves faithful! The asshat you defend so vigorously has NO CLUE what the playoffs mean. He's all about himself, and he doesn't care a lick about you or his teammates. Good times! This is gold I tell ya...just GOLD! :popcorn:

The Bs are dirty. I'll give them that.

Think about it, over the years who were some of our biggest offenders of being stupid ? Ian Cole and good ol Hooks Orpik rank high. They now play for both. Love it.

Unfortunately, Geno belongs comfortably in that Top 3......and he's a strong challenger for the Gold medal.

I suppose everyone has heard that Horndog is already out for Game 4 with a UBI.......and in fun news from Flyers camp, Couturier reportedly got checked in practice today by Radko Gudas, causing him to leave the ice limping. No word yet on his availability for Game 4, but Jerroo was quoted as saying "it didn't look good".

Even if Couturier plays, that knee would seem to represent a juicy target for somebody in a white sweater tomorrow night.

BTW, hello from.....wait for it......NASHVILLE.

For the record, after arriving here late this afternoon, I saw one car driving around with a Preds flag mounted in a side window flapping in the wind. Other than that, you wouldn't even know the NHL exists in this town. In fairness, I'm in a relatively distant NE suburb (Hendersonville) and perhaps Preds support is more noticeable the closer one gets to the city.

FWIW, I'll be here through Thursday midday.....will be interested to see to what extent this changes as I make my rounds through town. Of course, the Preds are largely favorites to win it all; so perhaps the locals have already gotten spoiled after the red carpet treatment they got in last year's finals.

BTW, hello from.....wait for it......NASHVILLE.

For the record, after arriving here late this afternoon, I saw one car driving around with a Preds flag mounted in a side window flapping in the wind. Other than that, you wouldn't even know the NHL exists in this town. In fairness, I'm in a relatively distant NE suburb (Hendersonville) and perhaps Preds support is more noticeable the closer one gets to the city.

FWIW, I'll be here through Thursday midday.....will be interested to see to what extent this changes as I make my rounds through town. Of course, the Preds are largely favorites to win it all; so perhaps the locals have already gotten spoiled after the red carpet treatment they got in last year's finals.
Nashville. Fing kill me with the media blowjob. They are the USF/Baylor fans of hockey.

I hope we get those clowns in the finals again.

I suppose everyone has heard that Horndog is already out for Game 4 with a UBI.......and in fun news from Flyers camp, Couturier reportedly got checked in practice today by Radko Gudas, causing him to leave the ice limping. No word yet on his availability for Game 4, but Jerroo was quoted as saying "it didn't look good".

Even if Couturier plays, that knee would seem to represent a juicy target for somebody in a white sweater tomorrow night.
With Horny out, ZAR gets to show his stuff.

Took the time tonight to look at the Pens final regular season team stats. If you've not seen them......in particular, check out what look to me like some really putrid +/- ratings (which I realize not everyone finds as important as some) from some fairly important players.

(xx) = GP (xx/xx) = GP/GS
  • Geno (78) 42/56/98 +16
  • Kessel (82) 34/58/92 -4
  • Sid (82) 29/60/89 0
  • Letang (79) 9/42/51 -9
  • Hornqvist (70) 29/20/49 +2
  • Guentzel (82) 22/26/28 -9
  • Rusty (69) 13/25/38 +11
  • Sheahan (73) 11/21/32 +4
  • Hags (81) 10/21/31 +8
  • Sheary (79) 18/12/30 +2
  • Maatta (82) 7/22/29 -1
  • Schultzie (63) 4/23/27 +22
  • Dumo (80) 5/13/18 -5
  • Oleksiak (47) 4/10/14 +13
  • Simon (33) 4/8/12 +2
  • Brass (14) 3/5/8 +1
  • Kuhnhackl (69) 2/6/8 -6
  • ZAR (16) 4/2/6 +2
  • Rowney (44) 2/3/5 -13
  • Ruhwedel (44) 2/3/5 -8
  • Jooris (9) 0/0/0 0
  • DeSmith (14/11) 6-4-1 /2.40 /.921
  • Murray (49/45) 45-27-16 /2.92 /.907

Reactions: DocEER
Took the time tonight to look at the Pens final regular season team stats. If you've not seen them......in particular, check out what look to me like some really putrid +/- ratings (which I realize not everyone finds as important as some) from some fairly important players.

• Geno (78) 42/56/98 +16
  • Sid (82) 29/60/89 0
  • Letang (79) 9/42/51 -9
  • Hags (81) 10/21/31 +8
  • Maatta (82) 7/22/29 -1
  • Dumo (80) 5/13/18 -5
  • Simon (33) 4/8/12 +2
  • Brass (14) 3/5/8 +1
  • ZAR (16) 4/2/6 +2
  • Rowney (44) 2/3/5 -13
  • Ruhwedel (44) 2/3/5 -8
  • Jooris (9) 0/0/0 0
Phil K and Sids are shocking. Phil does turn it over a fair amount, but he also draws a lot of attention. He gets a pass. Letangs is on point.

• Geno (78) 42/56/98 +16
  • Sid (82) 29/60/89 0
  • Letang (79) 9/42/51 -9
  • Hags (81) 10/21/31 +8
  • Maatta (82) 7/22/29 -1
  • Dumo (80) 5/13/18 -5
  • Simon (33) 4/8/12 +2
  • Brass (14) 3/5/8 +1
  • ZAR (16) 4/2/6 +2
  • Rowney (44) 2/3/5 -13
  • Ruhwedel (44) 2/3/5 -8
  • Jooris (9) 0/0/0 0
Schultzie...yes sir! :smiley:

Bummed about Horn dog....he as we know is damned important. Step up in his absence Pens!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT