ADVERTISEMENT

Round one...Pens vs Cryers

torontoeers

All-American
Nov 20, 2010
Port Perry Ontario
The Battle of PA ! Lets go boys...smash these chumps into oblivion!
Can't wait till first puck drop...and eagerly awaiting to hear if it's Wed or Thurs? I guess we'll have to wait till after tonights game....

From the book of my neighbour/ drinking buddy...former high end goalie for years here. I trust his opinion except when we are both in the sauce lol....he has been watching him intently since Jan/Feb return...
He's also Pens fan first so take that into account...'Murray needs to play to his strengths, which is protecting the bottom of the net with quick moves for a big guy, get down and get down early. The Flyers are currently watching video of how to expose him on his new weakness the 5'er, by being too stand up Barrasso style in order to compensate for weak glove. Nevermind the glove, they already know of it. Don't give them another spot to shoot. Stick to blocking strength down low, use the poke check just a bit more and all will be just fine, he's a Cup winner twice, so he knows this already of course'
Take it as you will...

Reactions: COOL MAN
A little TUE afternoon Pens news courtesy of DK......HC Jeff Christian of the Wheeling ECHL affiliate got canned today after 2 seasons (and no playoff appearances).

Recently, DK's minor league writer Taylor Haase said she thought it unlikely he'd be retained; aside the disappointment of a team thought to be half-decent, Christian evidently earned the reputation as a fairly bad guy. After being elevated from Assistant Coach to the HC job in 2016, it was said the core of the team never liked him; in fact, somebody outside the organization (a current teammate of a 2016 Nailers player) reportedly said he wouldn't go anywhere near Wheeling because of Christian.

Then, he was accused (evidently with justification) last season of having inappropriate contact with women over social media.....which supposedly continued this season. From what I can glean, the only way he got a job with Wheeling in the first place was his friendship with Billy Guerin. Meanwhile, no word as yet on a replacement.

A little TUE afternoon Pens news courtesy of DK......HC Jeff Christian of the Wheeling ECHL affiliate got canned today after 2 seasons (and no playoff appearances).

Recently, DK's minor league writer Taylor Haase said she thought it unlikely he'd be retained; aside the disappointment of a team thought to be half-decent, Christian evidently earned the reputation as a fairly bad guy. After being elevated from Assistant Coach to the HC job in 2016, it was said the core of the team never liked him; in fact, somebody outside the organization (a current teammate of a 2016 Nailers player) reportedly said he wouldn't go anywhere near Wheeling because of Christian.

Then, he was accused (evidently with justification) last season of having inappropriate contact with women over social media.....which supposedly continued this season. From what I can glean, the only way he got a job with Wheeling in the first place was his friendship with Billy Guerin. Meanwhile, no word as yet on a replacement.
Ya think he'd know to monitor his fingers on social media over the last year or two...SMFH.

23DYu7.jpg

Reactions: COOL MAN
From the book of my neighbour/ drinking buddy...former high end goalie for years here. I trust his opinion except when we are both in the sauce lol....he has been watching him intently since Jan/Feb return...
He's also Pens fan first so take that into account...'Murray needs to play to his strengths, which is protecting the bottom of the net with quick moves for a big guy, get down and get down early. The Flyers are currently watching video of how to expose him on his new weakness the 5'er, by being too stand up Barrasso style in order to compensate for weak glove. Nevermind the glove, they already know of it. Don't give them another spot to shoot. Stick to blocking strength down low, use the poke check just a bit more and all will be just fine, he's a Cup winner twice, so he knows this already of course'
Take it as you will...
The worst thing about the NHL playoffs is waiting for them to start but I was able to keep my mind occupied went boarding at Breckinridge today. This is the of Peak 6 over 12000 feet up.
th

Last edited:
Reactions: torontoeers
2 stick penalties on Geno, and both retaliation fouls. Obviously, the Cryers know precisely who to antagonize and Geno is the gift that keeps on giving. Why he thinks it's still 2012 is something I can't understand. I'm glad he offset the calls, but his behavior is NOT a good sign from an otherwise good period.

Meanwhile, Murray (thus far) looks as sharp as he's been all season.

A better period in terms of JAM I'm not sure we've seen in some time. The early firey start followed by the big save , had to have ignited em further...I will say no more other than keep on the gas pedal and don't let em off the mat....

2 stick penalties on Geno, and both retaliation fouls. Obviously, the Cryers know precisely who to antagonize and Geno is the gift that keeps on giving. Why he thinks it's still 2012 is something I can't understand. I'm glad he offset the calls, but his behavior is NOT a good sign from an otherwise good period.

Meanwhile, Murray (thus far) looks as sharp as he's been all season.
Yep...control those emotions Geno...need you on ice NOT in the box.

Reactions: Euell and DocEER
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT