ADVERTISEMENT

Round one...Pens vs Cryers

I fell asleep during the first OT intermission last night, and missed the Craps game winner. Meanwhile, what I finally figured out last night is who I'm pulling for; or perhaps, it's more accurate to say which of the two I'm most against.

I mentioned the other day......as is presumably the case for most everyone around here......that I prefer both teams to lose this series. However, I've finally come to the realization that (regardless of the opponent) I simply can't in any way, shape, or form side with a team (even one representing the US) with Torts behind the bench......period.

I so deeply despise him that I'll even "side" with friggin' Tom Wilson......which leaves the question, how would I feel in a Blojax-Cryers series.

I fell asleep during the first OT intermission last night, and missed the Craps game winner. Meanwhile, what I finally figured out last night is who I'm pulling for; or perhaps, it's more accurate to say which of the two I'm most against.

I mentioned the other day......as is presumably the case for most everyone around here......that I prefer both teams to lose this series. However, I've finally come to the realization that (regardless of the opponent) I simply can't in any way, shape, or form side with a team (even one representing the US) with Torts behind the bench......period.

I so deeply despise him that I'll even "side" with friggin' Tom Wilson......which leaves the question, how would I feel in a Blojax-Cryers series.

what's your problem with torts? dam, fine coach imo.

yinzers professing their love for maf and the knights on social media this morning has me rustle wilson'd.
Christ almighty, are you trolling on this board too? We get that you don't like Fleury, and that it keeps you awake at night knowing the Pens would not have won the Cup last year without him in the net against Columbus and Washington - and it must be killing you that Vegas just swept the Kings with Fleury posting two shutouts and a .979 save percentage, - but give it a rest already.

Christ almighty, are you trolling on this board too? We get that you don't like Fleury, and that it keeps you awake at night knowing the Pens would not have won the Cup last year without him in the net against Columbus and Washington - and it must be killing you that Vegas just swept the Kings with Fleury posting two shutouts and a .979 save percentage, - but give it a rest already.

I have trolled a lot smarter hockey guys than there is on this board.

it bothers me that pens fans are openly rooting for vegas, but most of them are either women or just started watching the game. I bet you have a vegas sweater.

Nobody asked, but I happen to think this is pretty sweet....

tappen-kathryn-image.jpg
kathryn-tappen-af2c75b5-6921-4f09-979e-f8c5abdccb6-resize-750.jpeg
Nobody asked, but I happen to think this is pretty sweet....

tappen-kathryn-image.jpg
kathryn-tappen-af2c75b5-6921-4f09-979e-f8c5abdccb6-resize-750.jpeg
VERY nice...and I'm just gonna...
tbKNQh.jpg

Damn clarity...I WILL fix this...but you get the idea...

Last edited:
I liked MAF as a Pen quite a bit...and still think he's a really good goaltender, and Vegas is lucky to have him. However it is your average Facebook coach that tends to grind my gears personally...and there are a lot of them. They dont stop at saying 'we should still have Fleury blah blah blah' the majority of them take more than a bit further and in fact too far by BASHING Murray every damn chance they get. 'He's Shit, trade his sorry ass, start DeSmith or Jarry full time ' etc. This type SOB to me is as stupid as they come and need their teeth knocked to back of throat imo.
I will remind as well that without both Fleury AND Matt Murray NEITHER of those Cups happen ....

Reactions: Irwineer2
pens need to pot another here with the flyers having a hard time getting their feet moving. won't last forever.

Reactions: torontoeers
Simmonds of old out there tonight, running everyone in white.....clearly, he's decided the stripes won't whistle them down 2 (at least not until they get a PP).

Reactions: torontoeers
Dumb play by Konecny on the breakaway.......takes the shot at the top of the circles rather than carrying the puck to the goal.

Hakstol is brilliant.....granted, Elliott isn't exactly picking up his team, but his skaters have gotten beaten all over the ice for about 3/4 of the 30 minutes played thus far. So, blame the goaltender.

If the Pens go up 4-0, he's liable to tell Simmonds to just go out there and take Sid's head off.......

Hakstol is brilliant.....granted, Elliott isn't exactly picking up his team, but his skaters have gotten beaten all over the ice for about 3/4 of the 30 minutes played thus far. So, blame the goaltender.

If the Pens go up 4-0, he's liable to tell Simmonds to just go out there and take Sid's head off.......
Get ready...it's time for them to start taking liberties as you predict.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT