ADVERTISEMENT

Round one...Pens vs Cryers

After 2 periods.....
  • The Jerroo-Patrick-Voracek line is a combined -6
  • Ghost and Provorov (I think they're paired tonight) is a combined -4
Unless the Cryers get close(r), I wonder if Sid and Geno get at least a few shifts off in the 3rd period......actually, I wouldn't mind seeing Sheahan get a chance to play with Kessel.

After 2 periods.....
Unless the Cryers get close(r), I wonder if Sid and Geno get at least a few shifts off in the 3rd period......actually, I wouldn't mind seeing Sheahan get a chance to play with Kessel.
I will go with playing the trainers and water boy if it keeps our stars from getting maimed!!!

Reactions: COOL MAN
After 2 periods.....
But also since you mention him
...Sheahan...I like his game of late, quietly doing pretty much all that is expected of him...It would be imteresting to see him elevated. Also way to go boys in pickin up the slack for Horn Dog tonight. I honestly thought the worst when hearing he was out, such an integral part, and we all love him. Mr. Murray solid when needed under relatively little action. Am I talkin like the game is over? Yep...might as well go play a game of cribbage or something...

After 2 periods.....
There is our FLIP! and there is your boy #15!

Reactions: DocEER
Unfortunately, the media will have the Cryers excuse (Couturier) ready to roll in the morning. Of course, it gave Jerroo and Voracek their excuse to take the night off.....yeah, and Cryers fans think Jerroo is a Hart candidate.........and Konecny might have had his worst game of the season tonight.

Was thinking they might start Neuvirth in Game 5; but that nap he took on the Crosby goal probably cost him. Won't surprise me if they go with Mrazek.....I mean, what have they got to lose ??

Oh, and at some point, I hope Brass returns that tomahawk Read took to the back of his legs before the end of the series.

Reactions: torontoeers
MKTfyG.jpg

Pretty damned funny now isn't it you asshats!

Unfortunately, the media will have the Cryers excuse (Couturier) ready to roll in the morning. Of course, it gave Jerroo and Voracek their excuse to take the night off.....yeah, and Cryers fans think Jerroo is a Hart candidate.........and Konecny might have had his worst game of the season tonight.

Was thinking they might start Neuvirth in Game 5; but that nap he took on the Crosby goal probably cost him. Won't surprise me if they go with Mrazek.....I mean, what have they got to lose ??

Oh, and at some point, I hope Brass returns that tomahawk Read took to the back of his legs before the end of the series.
That one was wicked...I think he rolls the dice on Mrazek...as you say...what is to lose. Damn I love Cryers goaltending lol....how long has this gift been giving now? Close to 30 years?

Get the W on Friday....when I have close to 20 people here for a little party...strike fear into the 5 or 6 Leafers, 2 or 3 B's asshats, and well
...no Cryers which is unfortunate....

We had a previous discussion about how Oleksiak hasn't been getting much ice time......let's look at TOI for the Pens Top 6 last night:
  • Letang 28:40
  • Dumo 24:00
  • Schultzie 17:48
  • Maatta 17:45
  • Ruhwedel 15:46
  • Oleksiak 13:06
How about the Preds:
  • Ellis 26:22
  • Subban 25:58
  • Josi 24:34
  • Ekholm 23:42
  • Emelin 11:24
  • Irwin 8:32
How about the Aves:
  • Barrie 27:46
  • Zadorov 24:28
  • Barberio 24:43
  • Nemeth 19:43
  • Warsofsky 6:59 (remember him ??)
  • Siemens 6:07
How about the Sharks:
  • Vlasic 26:41
  • Braun 23:40
  • Burns 22:36
  • Dillon 18:08
  • DeMelo 12:44
  • Martin 10:26
How about the Ducks:
  • Montour 28:32
  • Lindholm 24:32
  • Beauchemin 21:22
  • Manson 21:12
  • Pettersen 10:02
  • Welinski 9:29
How about the Bolts:
  • Hedman 27:58
  • Stralman 21:47
  • McDonough 21:42
  • Girardi 15:41
  • Coburn 12:55
  • Sergachev 9:41
I bring this all up because Boomer Gordon was saying on his NHLN Radio show today that teams seem mostly to be playing their Top 4 defense, and keeping their bottom pair much closer to the bench than usual. Judging solely from these examples, that would appear to be largely true......which might explain why Oleksiak's TOI is down. BTW, both the Cryers and Devils seem to be playing their Top 6 in a more balanced manner; Butcher at 21:52 led the Devils while Provorov played an even 23:00 for the Cryers.

Anyway, something to consider......

We had a previous discussion about how Oleksiak hasn't been getting much ice time......let's look at TOI for the Pens Top 6 last night:
How about the Preds:
How about the Aves:
How about the Sharks:
How about the Ducks:
How about the Bolts:
I bring this all up because Boomer Gordon was saying on his NHLN Radio show today that teams seem mostly to be playing their Top 4 defense, and keeping their bottom pair much closer to the bench than usual. Judging solely from these examples, that would appear to be largely true......which might explain why Oleksiak's TOI is down. BTW, both the Cryers and Devils seem to be playing their Top 6 in a more balanced manner; Butcher at 21:52 led the Devils while Provorov played an even 23:00 for the Cryers.

I want to see those Schultzie numbers up higher by about 5 mins he can handle the load, and Tanger down slightly, 28 mins is off the charts imo...I'm sure the PP has all kinds to do with this BUT, Schultzie has a good shot, hockey sense to pass when warranted and is responsible back there...

And the Craps tie it up...I honestly have no read on this series...are the Craps asserting themselves? Both teams have gone 2-0 on the road. What do we expect next game? Bobs is a sieve when it actually matters as we know, Holtlby was persona non grata a few days ago but has also failed bigtime. I will happily watch us dismantle either after tomorrow night. Goaltending is paramount, and none of the chumps they will roll out worry me in the least...

On another note...oh the mourning around here tonight lol. No more smack talk...only navel gazing for the locals...they are conceding...odd seeing as I heard of their prowess all year long? Hmmm....

Reactions: Irwineer2
How about the Preds:
How about the Aves:
How about the Sharks:
How about the Ducks:
How about the Bolts:

Also...one more thing I was thinking on today, and this post ties in a bit to it...Question #1....if named today would Schultzie make team Canada Olympic team? Not World Cup but Olympic? Imo they would have to consider him as a 6/7th based on his numbers, and comparing him to all others...Pickle boy etc...
#2...Would Dumo make team USA Olympic today? I'm more on the fence here or toward a no but would think he makes a World Cup team based on asshat Bettman team NA involved. 2 or 3 very young American defenders make that Olympic team imo but get transitioned to team NA in a Bettman scenario, opening up the spot for Dumo. Thoughts?

And the Craps tie it up...I honestly have no read on this series...are the Craps asserting themselves? Both teams have gone 2-0 on the road. What do we expect next game? Bobs is a sieve when it actually matters as we know, Holtlby was persona non grata a few days ago but has also failed bigtime. I will happily watch us dismantle either after tomorrow night. Goaltending is paramount, and none of the chumps they will roll out worry me in the least...

On another note...oh the mourning around here tonight lol. No more smack talk...only navel gazing for the locals...they are conceding...odd seeing as I heard of their prowess all year long? Hmmm....
You should be rooting for the caps. It would give Crosby another chance to add to Ovechkin's failed playoff legacy.

Nashville. Fing kill me with the media blowjob. They are the USF/Baylor fans of hockey.

I hope we get those clowns in the finals again.
I cannot argue this lol...although the Colo Mountaineer may give er a go...

Well The Predators will have to play better than they have been If they want to make the cup again. They have been sluggish for the most part in the avalanche series. The Pens will need to play better to get past the Bruins. If you're going to complain about the media blow jobs then it would be best to direct that at Vegas. There are some who are claiming them to be the favorites now. They beat the most offensive inept team there was. Yes Fleury may have only allowed 3 goals the entire series but nobody mentions that Vegas only scored 7 goals the entire series and was out shot in 3 of the 4 games. You think there going to win a series against winnipeg, nashville, Pittsburgh, Tampa, Boston by only scoring 7 goals over a 4 game span? The sharks just punched out the Ducks and only gave up 4 goals the entire series but scored I believe 16. Why arent the media on there Band wagon?

The Caps have out played the BJ’s through most of that series and minus a couple brain farts in games one and two that series would be over. I wouldn’t rule out the Caps getting over confident and losing game 5 though. To fail is in their DNA.

As for the Pens I hope we close it out tonight and do so injury free. Horny is skating so he’ll likely be back next series. I really like what I saw in the two games in Philly and don’t really care if it’s the Caps or BJ’s next round as if we play our game we beat either. Psyched for tonight! Let’s Go Pens! Oh and my liver hates me! Lol!

Sid passes Mario playoff points...no matter games played etc THAT is a monumental acheivement as we all know...he's a winner...like his boss! Atta boy 87!

sports radio in Pittsburgh had a lengthy discussion on who was/is the better of the two on Wednesday. A lot of the discussion centered on the eras and the fact that when Lemieux played when the goalies were far less effective (smaller, smaller pads, no butterfly) and therefore it was easier to rack up points. Hard to argue that point. Nevertheless, Mario was able to play the finesse game and power game equally well. Never saw a stronger skater in any era. He was a passer on par with the best ever (Gretzky). A better pure shooter than 99 but not maybe not Brent Hull and definitely not Bossy. When he wanted to be or needed to be, he was the best defensive center in the NHL. His work on the PK was amazing when he was healthy. And for his size he was FAST. People forget that.

While I think Crosby is the best player of his era, I am at times completely baffled by his lack of interest in regular season games. Sure Mario coasted as well. Everyone does. But Sid goes stretches at times demonstrating so little interest in participating that it makes my blood boil. You can clearly see the difference between and an interested and disinterested Crosby. There doesn't seem to be those stretches where he goes 80% where he still racks up big point totals and doesn't but his head in harm's way. It's either full speed or nothing. Obviously, he is full speed in the playoffs at least the last 2 years anyway.

All in all as Pens fans, we have been blessed since 1984. Literally we have watched maybe 5 of the best 20 forwards since 1985 in black and gold if you toss Ron Francis in there with the two above, Jagr, and Malkin. I just hope as we near the end of the Geno and Sid era we can find that young star to take the franchise forward.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT