ADVERTISEMENT

Round one...Pens vs Cryers

I wouldn’t count either one out yet. Still a lot of hockey left. Some Pens fans are so upset we lost yet forget the last two cup runs weren’t easy and came with some disappointment as well.
I don't see it. If the Pens and Preds were true cup contenders they would have put those teams to bed last night. Winninpeg and Boston look like the teams to beat. Until they are out anythings possible but both have to vastily improve critical areas of their game to have a cup rematch. Last year I thought both teams had the ability to find a way to get it done but I just think there are teams out there better then both of these teams.

Last edited:
According to DK, Hornqvist was a full participant in today's practice......while Malkin was not on the ice. However, BOTH are evidently being called game time decisions; I think Hornqvist is viewed as virtually guaranteed to start (and I wonder if he actually COULD have gone last night if they didn't own the series) .

As for Geno......if this were the regular season.....I myself would expect him to miss at least 2 weeks. But maybe the playoffs actually change his personal equation. OTOH, if Malkin sits out tomorrow.......while certainly having a negative effect on the offense.....it takes THE most penalized playoffs player in the League (if I read/heard that correctly on last night's telecast).

Reactions: torontoeers
According to DK, Hornqvist was a full participant in today's practice......while Malkin was not on the ice. However, BOTH are evidently being called game time decisions; I think Hornqvist is viewed as virtually guaranteed to start (and I wonder if he actually COULD have gone last night if they didn't own the series) .

As for Geno......if this were the regular season.....I myself would expect him to miss at least 2 weeks. But maybe the playoffs actually change his personal equation. OTOH, if Malkin sits out tomorrow.......while certainly having a negative effect on the offense.....it takes THE most penalized playoffs player in the League (if I read/heard that correctly on last night's telecast).
Well thats relatively good news...Horny as I think we can see is a much needed presense on this suddenly junk PP....funny stat there on 71. Well not really funny but...is he not the most frustrating individual to watch out there or what? Brilliance often, and then the nonsense that makes the team wear his albatross...

TB vs Boston. Who ya like and who would be the better matchup for Pens if we’re so fortunate to get to the ECF?
I like Boston in that one quite a bit...I greatly prefer Tampa in the ECF. I'm not convinced by either their goaltending or their D. And Bolts have a propensity to choke over the last few years....gimmie the Bolts.

TB vs Boston. Who ya like and who would be the better matchup for Pens if we’re so fortunate to get to the ECF?

You weren't asking for my opinion......but (I think) like most Penguins fans, I'd pick Tampa.

Not sure the Bruins are playing as well as they were back in February, but they're just a bitch of a physical (and to some extent, emotional) matchup for the Pens. And while the Bolts may have more sheer talent, I've never felt like the Pens have ever been scared of them.

The village idiot Cherry thinks Freddy Andersen is' the best goalie in the world '....ok Grapes...somebody commit this douche to the mental asylum right now please....oh and dont you HATE all Scandanavians you neanderthal? What happened? Little bug eating at your pea sized brain?

Could be the Pens feel like they have to “put on a show” and dazzle the home crowd whereas on the road they’re efficient, smart and just take care of business. Let’s hope we get good Murray and that someone finds Letang’s brain and gives it back to him.

I am not sure what the Pens are friggin doing. I just watched the caps win game 5 on a deflection. They won game 3 on a fluke goal. The simple thought of getting the puck to the net is lost on this pens team.

Reactions: Euell
I am not sure what the Pens are friggin doing. I just watched the caps win game 5 on a deflection. They won game 3 on a fluke goal. The simple thought of getting the puck to the net is lost on this pens team.

I agree. And this has been our problem in the past. The Pens love to pass that puck and score those pretty goals. Get some traffic in front and throw it at the damn net!

Reactions: Euell
Lets go Bruins (ugh)...end this little charade already...sick of hearing from Leaves fans period.
Sorry "T", rooting for the Leafs in this one. Good game. It would be a helluva lot better if Mike Milbury wasn't doing the color commentary. Leafs just scored ppg to make it 4-1. Rask pulled.

Last edited:
I agree. And this has been our problem in the past. The Pens love to pass that puck and score those pretty goals. Get some traffic in front and throw it at the damn net!

The Pens obviously look for the perfect pass on the perimeter as much as anyone. But let's be honest that their sole, 1-man, net-front traffic jam in hasn't dressed since Game 2.

But with Horndog presumably back today, maybe they'll at least be a LITTLE more likely to throw the puck on net......well, perhaps Schultzie, as about THE only player on the roster willing to do that with any kind of frequency......with a garbage man there to actually collect.

Agreed.......but did they lose any other Game 5's on home ice in the two Cup years with the chance to close out a series ??

Just read the last time was Game 5 of the 2016 Finals, when they dominated the Sharks (SOG 46-22) but still lost 4-2.

According to DK, it doesn't sound like either team was talking in the pregame about any of the questionable players......in other words, nothing official on Hornqvist, Malkin, or Provorov (or Couturier, for that matter) until warm-ups. Then again, players often come out for the pregame skate but not for the faceoff......

According to DK, it doesn't sound like either team was talking in the pregame about any of the questionable players......in other words, nothing official on Hornqvist, Malkin, or Provorov (or Couturier, for that matter) until warm-ups. Then again, players often come out for the pregame skate but not for the faceoff......

Unlike Friday, maybe Sid decides to play today with Geno out......but you can bet your ass he's going to be taking shots (both clean and cheap) every time he on the ice. I'll be watching Simmonds in particular (and Gudas, of course).

What the **** was THAT circus ?? Now we know why coaches are benching their 3rd D-pairings.....

MacDonald pays it back......I have no clue how it got through that screen. MM is still looking for the shot.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT