ADVERTISEMENT

Round one...Pens vs Cryers

No question in my mind Couturier made a bad decision making like an Olympic springboard diver on the "trip"...... I think there's a decent chance THAT cost him the call.

Reactions: torontoeers
I'm not saying Couturier didn't get cross checked.....he DID...... but his acting (sorry, his embellishment) cost him.

Murray very shakey till 3rd, and battled a bit in 3rd with a few good stops, Sid was at his best, plenty of shot blocking in 3rd, and what can we say about Whisky Jake? 4 goals on 5 shots in Philly? That is assasin like. Way to go Jake...no doubt the helmet goes to you today! I am having another beer...YES I AM!!! WOO HOO!!!

Reactions: DocEER and COOL MAN
Amazing how far Wayne Simmonds has fallen......nothing whatsoever from him other than 6 games worth of cheap shots. I know there was some theory he was playing hurt, but I'm not sure about that. They also got a BIG zero from Jake Voracek: he's going to get (and deserve) a ton of grief for HIS 6 game no-show at $8.25 million/year. Oh, and considering how effective the little prick was in the first 4 games, I'm wondering whatever became of Travis Konecny.

Anyone else assuming that Hags spent the rest of the game in concussion protocol ??

Reactions: DocEER
Early in the series, I was thinking the Pens need to find a way to get Jake, Rusty, and Sheary geared up and going IF they were going to make any kind if deep run. Guess we got at least ONE of them going.

Early in the series, I was thinking the Pens need to find a way to get Jake, Rusty, and Sheary geared up and going IF they were going to make any kind if deep run. Guess we got at least ONE of them going.
Well....in discussions the wife is pretty excited...I know whats to do in DC but what is a tourist to see in Columbus CM? Other than Bobs being a sieve and a Pens W? .....tax return was real good this year, so need to take a journey, and not wise to do PPG :wink:

Well....in discussions the wife is pretty excited...I know whats to do in DC but what is a tourist to see in Columbus CM? Other than Bobs being a sieve and a Pens W? .....tax return was real good this year, so need to take a journey, and not wise to do PPG :wink:
If DC, let’s plan on meeting brother.

Murray very shakey till 3rd, and battled a bit in 3rd with a few good stops, Sid was at his best, plenty of shot blocking in 3rd, and what can we say about Whisky Jake? 4 goals on 5 shots in Philly? That is assasin like. Way to go Jake...no doubt the helmet goes to you today! I am having another beer...YES I AM!!! WOO HOO!!!

Have one for me! The Gatorade is flowing here. Lol!

Sorry t, I don't want you within 500 miles......all right, 250 miles.......of a Pens playoff game ANYWHERE the rest of the season :eek:

I hate Regan Airport. I live about an hour from Dulles, so that’s my airport of choice.
Reagan is easy for me with the metro...went into Reagan and out of Dulles last year for the WVU / VT debacle...went out of Dulles cause we went to a concert at Wolftrap the Sunday night. Was surprisingly efficient imo.

Reactions: DocEER
Reagan is easy for me with the metro...went into Reagan and out of Dulles last year for the WVU / VT debacle...went out of Dulles cause we went to a concert at Wolftrap the Sunday night. Was surprisingly efficient imo.
Where I live, I avoid major interstate in traveling to Dulles. It is essentially Routes the entire way. It’s as if they built that sucker for my convenience.

I don't see it. If the Pens and Preds were true cup contenders they would have put those teams to bed last night. Winninpeg and Boston look like the teams to beat. Until they are out anythings possible but both have to vastily improve critical areas of their game to have a cup rematch. Last year I thought both teams had the ability to find a way to get it done but I just think there are teams out there better then both of these teams.
Care to re-evaluate Colo? Pens got it done and B's choked one up huge last night...Peg is just a damned DIRTY hockey team imo...ya they've got skill but they will be gone by West final playing the way they do. Teams just as skilled if not more so will take advantage of their hijinx and throttle them while they sit in the box.... Just my opinion...congrats on The Preds win.

Ya just cant take the Philly out of Cryers fans...always feels good to take out the TRASH however...oh the butthurt!
https://ftw.usatoday.com/2018/04/pe...w-ice-video-reaction-stanley-cup-playoffs-nhl

Was texting an associate of mine (a big Pens fan) from suburban Philly this morning who said Cryers fans were focused in the postgame solely on the non-calls against Couturier.

Well, that's how it goes for the losing side.....we all know what the Blue Lot looks like after essentially any Mountaineer loss.....but it certainly make a lot more sense to blame the stripes for everything rather than recognize their team allowed a silly 8 GA in the final game of a series (and the majority of which had nothing to do with goaltending).

But, at least the Pens turned Couturier into a folk hero.......I'l give the guy his due for gutting it out with the MCL injury; something we didn't see from one of the Pens' A-captains yesterday.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT