ADVERTISEMENT

Pens vs Music City....

Sid makes the nice deke, and then gets the carom of the post.....and Rinne's skate......they almost assuredly NEVER get in Game 3.

Pretty solid period, and always good to see Sid get off the snide. And even Geno was bit more engaged. Now, they need to actually come out and play the second period rather than turtle as they've done in each of the first three games.

Reactions: torontoeers
Sid makes the nice deke, and then gets the carom of the post.....and Rinne's skate......they almost assuredly NEVER get in Game 3.
Lets hope that puck luck continues! I am seeing more breakdowns in the Preds D tonight, they have overcommitted more than once in my eyes, allowing a bit more space. Then again our lads looked good in the first on Sat night for the most part. Need to pot one quick here in 2...

Yo! Euell,OM1, RON, hbeacheer et al...where are ya!?!...I know...focused on the screen lol...I get all flustered and type...nervous nellie...but they look engaged. Lets hope it keeps up!

Yo! Euell,OM1, RON, hbeacheer et al...where are ya!?!...I know...focused on the screen lol...I get all flustered and type...nervous nellie...but they look engaged. Lets hope it keeps up!
Guentzel has had about 3 excellent scoring chances. Young man is going to net one yet.

Rinne seems to have flipped the freakin switch. I like bad rinne better. I'm getting worried about Murray now.

Murray just doesn't have his comeback-after-a-loss magic tonight. Still, I'm pretty happy with their team effort tonight; skating pretty well, earning a reasonable number of chances, etc. If they're going to be beaten by great goaltending tonight, I can live with that......after all, they've won at least half their own games thus far this playoff season for that precise reason.

I just hope Murray doesn't collapse in the 3rd as he did the other night; if he does, HCMS may have a decision to make for Game 5. Meanwhile, I wonder why this team is having SO much trouble closing out periods ??

Murray just doesn't have his comeback-after-a-loss magic tonight. Still, I'm pretty happy with their team effort tonight; skating pretty well, earning a reasonable number of chances, etc. If they're going to be beaten by great goaltending tonight, I can live with that......after all, they've won at least half their own games thus far this playoff season for that precise reason.

I just hope Murray doesn't collapse in the 3rd as he did the other night; if he does, HCMS may have a decision to make for Game 5. Meanwhile, I wonder why this team is having SO much trouble closing out periods ??
Have you noticed the number of chances Sid has manufactured tonight, and I'm not saying this in a pointed finger way just so you know CM lol, but honestly he has given our wingers EVERY concievable chance to bury it, especially young Jake...man o man either they are snake bitten or just can't get the handle...through 2 I also can't annoint the mantle of goalie god to Rinnie...our lads have downright MISSED...plenty of quality opportunity with shots well off the mark. WAKE UP FELLAS! 2 Goals and then a 3rd is a walk in the park...DO IT!

Meanwhile, the NHL......and NBC......shows how TRULY small time the game is by rolling out the red carpet for, of all people, fatman Charles Barkley. If some VIP from the NHL was at the NBA Finals, you wouldn't know about it until tomorrow morning's Globe and Mail.

Charles Barkley on my feed with CBC tonight lol...kinda cool, and relatively untheatrical compared to a basketball commentary...also knowing he's a fairly interested fan of the game...was he on the NBC feed guys???

Have you noticed the number of chances Sid has manufactured tonight, and I'm not saying this in a pointed finger way just so you know CM lol, but honestly he has given our wingers EVERY concievable chance to bury it, especially young Jake...man o man either they are snake bitten or just can't get the handle...through 2 I also can't annoint the mantle of goalie god to Rinnie...our lads have downright MISSED...plenty of quality opportunity with shots well off the mark. WAKE UP FELLAS! 2 Goals and then a 3rd is a walk in the park...DO IT!

I don't think you can ask much more of Sid tonight; unfortunately, I don't think we can ask much more of Guentzel than we've gotten in this series already. Meanwhile, we still await SOME kind of pickup from Geno and Kessel.

Meanwhile, the NHL......and NBC......shows how TRULY small time the game is by rolling out the red carpet for, of all people, fatman Charles Barkley. If some VIP from the NHL was at the NBA Finals, you wouldn't know about it until tomorrow morning's Globe and Mail.
Lmao!!! Hahahaha...well you saw my last post...he's doin the rounds!!! Hahahaha

I don't think you can ask much more of Sid tonight; unfortunately, I don't think we can ask much more of Guentzel than we've gotten in this series already. Meanwhile, we still await SOME kind of pickup from Geno and Kessel.
Exactly what did I say to the wife? YOUR boy Kessel needs to show!....she has a Pens dress manufactured out of a Pens jersey from a company out of Ottawa of all places...her guy has ALWAYS been Sid...and this year she switches to 81...she wants it crested with PK...I said if he shows when it counts? I'll pay for whatever damned name you want!!!

Charles Barkley on my feed with CBC tonight lol...kinda cool, and relatively untheatrical compared to a basketball commentary...also knowing he's a fairly interested fan of the game...was he on the NBC feed guys???

You mean Rogers/CBC carried him, too ?? What in the hell IS it with this friggin' League.....

Convinced our marksmen are better when it matters imo, and this VAUNTED preds D is giving chances on pressure...the goaltending is a saw off imo this series no matter Murray/ Flower, our D serviceable enough...make the mark boys!

Probably the best thing about this whole game is that Subban was a non-factor.....and for that reason (and the fact the series is moving back to Pittsburgh......he'll FINALLY be off the front page for the next couple days.

Still feeling confident up here tonight after watching that....back home and a must win....the problem tonight IMO was Sid couldnt play 60 minutes on ice...He'll still have some fire left Thursday for certain....

The Rinne love fest? Is it happening on your feeds too? Did you guys see Pens missing/shooting it into him or him standing on his head? I definitely saw the former...

Still feeling confident up here tonight after watching that....back home and a must win....the problem tonight IMO was Sid couldnt play 60 minutes on ice...He'll still have some fire left Thursday for certain....

The Rinne love fest? Is it happening on your feeds too? Did you guys see Pens missing/shooting it into him or him standing on his head? I definitely saw the former...

I saw Rinne not seeing the puck but getting of luck. No luck come Thursday.

So....now that I've listened to an hour or so this AM of the Preds essentially equated to the 85 Oilers...and Rinne made out to be P Roy...does anyone here recall him being that good, or did you see our guys shooting it either at him or missing altogether? For this guy it was the latter...funny how some see a game differently I guess.
In saying that...Murray was ok in my mind , but ok doesnt win Stanley Cups...if he's the guy he must be better...

Seems to be a fair amount of sentiment in PIttsburgh this morning.......though I don't know if it's a universally-held thought just yet......about going back to Flower for Game 5.

Not sure if it's because Murray is being thought of as the reason they've lost 2 straight.....I myself don't think he's the reason, but he's certainly not picking up his team (especially last night) lately......or that it's simply time to look for some kind of mojo that nobody can really measure. For me, all I'll say for now is that if HCMS is going to give him another shot, he certainly shouldn't wait until an elimination Game 6 in Nashville to do it.

Meanwhile, I think Rinne was pretty darned solid last night; whether it was because of great play or sheer luck, he made the stops he needed to make. What he's left to prove now is that he can do it in this series wearing a white jersey.

Here is my thought on the last two that fit e same theme over and over......Sid was great last night and the rest of the team sucked. Again zero secondary scoring. Geno doesn't appear to even have made the trip. Kessel spraying shots like a blind man with an AR 15. 62 sucks. Not much from 43, 7, 72, and 17. At least Archibald was noticeable in limited action. The entire defensive corp looked slow and out of position all night but to be fair, the forwards generally weren t supporting.

The Pens won the cup last year because of the depth within the 4 lines. This year, the same forwards don't seem to have any sense of urgency or even desire. That was a disgusting 2 game trip.

So....now that I've listened to an hour or so this AM of the Preds essentially equated to the 85 Oilers...and Rinne made out to be P Roy...does anyone here recall him being that good, or did you see our guys shooting it either at him or missing altogether? For this guy it was the latter...funny how some see a game differently I guess.
In saying that...Murray was ok in my mind , but ok doesnt win Stanley Cups...if he's the guy he must be better...

If Sid elevates a few shots, he has 3 goals last night. The Kunitz breakaway....he had the five hole and high sticks side (I beleive) and slid the puck into a pad. That may have been after the Preds goal and would not have counted anyway...... Kessel missed the goal from 30-35 feet 3-4 times. Looked like Jake whiffed on the goal front scramble.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT