ADVERTISEMENT

Pens vs Music City....

Preds are REALLY pushing.....even at even strength, Pens are on their heels. We need a break......

Not sure if this was announced.....if so, I didn't hear it......but I wonder who was the last goaltender to put up back to back shutouts to win a Cup ???

Reactions: hbeacheer
Not sure if this was announced.....if so, I didn't hear it......but I wonder who was the last goaltender to put up back to back shutouts to win a Cup ???

Just saw it on NHL Network; been done 4 times.....

1937 Earl Robertson (DET) vs NYR
1943 Johnny Mowers (DET) vs Boston
1952 Terry Sawchuk (DET) vs Montreal
2017 Matt Murray (PIT) vs Nashville

Yes! It ends tonight boys! I have a feeling Murray will play his best game of the post season and the Pens will be opportunistic on the PP. I really think we broke the Preds last game. The fight will be there but talent will prevail. Sid and the kids are feeling it, Geno is feeling it, Phil is feeling it and good lord Kunitz has been reborn! It's all coming together and tonight we hoist the cup! Let's Go Pens!!!!

Murray, Murray, Murray!! Like I said boys we got this! Lol!

Congrats Pens fans winning the cup back to back in the salary cap era is pretty impressive. I remember when I first started watching hockey in the 1970's seeing The canadians win 4 straight cups followed by the islanders winning 4 straight and then the oilers winning 5 in 7 years. Those days are long gone in the salary cap era. As an original Predators season ticket holder from 1998-2003 It stung when it ended tonight but I am proud of how far the franchise has come since day 1 considering a decade ago things were on thin ice. I didn't think the predators had enough snipers and scoring depth to win the series but i like the nucleus of this team. The team is in good shape contractually along with the age of their key players. I Think the preds have a 2-3 year window to compete for a stanley cup championchip and if they can add a power forward and a younger more consistant Goal tender than maybe they can get over the top. Now its on to baseball were my rockies the only Denver based team that I care about are in 1st place in the national league. So the dog days of summer waiting for Football and the next hockey season to start will pass by allot faster for me than it will for those who's teams are already looking to unload salary at the trade deadline. Once again congrats on another fine NHL playoff run.

Congrats Pens fans winning the cup back to back in the salary cap era is pretty impressive. I remember when I first started watching hockey in the 1970's seeing The canadians win 4 straight cups followed by the islanders winning 4 straight and then the oilers winning 5 in 7 years. Those days are long gone in the salary cap era. As an original Predators season ticket holder from 1998-2003 It stung when it ended tonight but I am proud of how far the franchise has come since day 1 considering a decade ago things were on thin ice. I didn't think the predators had enough snipers and scoring depth to win the series but i like the nucleus of this team. The team is in good shape contractually along with the age of their key players. I Think the preds have a 2-3 year window to compete for a stanley cup championchip and if they can add a power forward and a younger more consistant Goal tender than maybe they can get over the top. Now its on to baseball were my rockies the only Denver based team that I care about are in 1st place in the national league. So the dog days of summer waiting for Football and the next hockey season to start will pass by allot faster for me than it will for those who's teams are already looking to unload salary at the trade deadline. Once again congrats on another fine NHL playoff run.
I have no doubt the Preds will continue to compete...Rinne at 36 is getting up there, and Saros who did look good in limited action at under 6 feet may have a tough time if he is chosen to carry the mail...so yep I agree they will likely need to get somebody new between the pipes. Johanson may have made a difference in this series, I suppose we'll never know there...solid D, and some good young forwards. Do they need a generational type player to get over the final hump? Maybe....next few years I think the Oil and McDavid will be the team they need to beat. Great series, and just making the final is a massive accomplishment in todays NHL imo....

Reactions: ColoradoMountaineer
I have no doubt the Preds will continue to compete...Rinne at 36 is getting up there, and Saros who did look good in limited action at under 6 feet may have a tough time if he is chosen to carry the mail...so yep I agree they will likely need to get somebody new between the pipes. Johanson may have made a difference in this series, I suppose we'll never know there...solid D, and some good young forwards. Do they need a generational type player to get over the final hump? Maybe....next few years I think the Oil and McDavid will be the team they need to beat. Great series, and just making the final is a massive accomplishment in todays NHL imo....
Rinne had good games but also bad but I think he's past his prime and this season was his last stand. Rinne is kinda like marc andre he has good games but also bad and you don't know what your gonna get from game to game. I felt going into the series the preds had 40% chance if the had Johansen maybe I would have given them a 45% chance. I think with the nucleus they have on defense and the fact they are not in cap trouble all they need is another foward maybe a solid 2nd line center. I don't think they need a generational player just a younger Mike Fisher. I think Johansen is developing into a solid #1 center. If they can add a solid Goalie then i think that there is a chance to win a championchip in the next 2-3 years. I think the Preds biggest nemeis will be the oilers in the next few years an don't be surprised to see the maple leafs emerge in the East.

After a week of vacation with the wife where I tried to limit my connection to the internet, I am back at work and a strong connection!. I'd have to say that was the weirdest of finals. I think the best part of the whole thing was the video showing Horny crying on the bench. All of the emotion of a 107 games seemed to wash out of him after that goal.

You guys know I have been highly critical of 62, 14, 81 especially but generally the entire bottom 6 forwards. But holy heck did they turn it on for games 4-5-6. Kunitz was a beast over that span. Top to bottom, the Pens played exceptionally well the last three except for maybe Maatta but I will save that conversation for after the parade!

Aside from the Horny goal that face off win by Cully on that 5 on 3 was the play of the game. And my favorite part of the post game was his son giving him the Gatorade bath. Lol!

NHLN Radio was falling all over themselves about the 19+ minutes he played. He didn't score, but did about everything else. Too bad he only earned about $2 million total for everything he delivered to two Cup winning teams.

But he's got a great family, is presumably financially comfortable, and has 3 rings......pretty nice way to go out IF he chooses to do so.

NHLN Radio was falling all over themselves about the 19+ minutes he played. He didn't score, but did about everything else. Too bad he only earned about $2 million total for everything he delivered to two Cup winning teams.

But he's got a great family, is presumably financially comfortable, and has 3 rings......pretty nice way to go out IF he chooses to do so.

He has made a little over $33 million in his career. I am sure he has maxed out his NHL pension, so he should be able to retire.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT