ADVERTISEMENT

Pens vs Music City....

Ok....so sitting here with my ballooned foot after a workplace 'accident' in fact negligence on anothers part....how in gods name does that Nashville cat get to stand on a 16 foot apple picking ladder...ON TOP? WTF??? 'THIS IS NOT A STEP'!!!!

Reactions: COOL MAN
Monster opportunity for the Pens which I'm not currently sure they can take advantage of.....

Was praying they could survive the period, and it wasn't answered. Meanwhile, I just dont see how they can get enough pucks on the net tonight to overcome a 2 goal deficit.

Reactions: torontoeers
I liked this post....but not really lol....you know what i mean....eesh....

Maybe you AGREED with my post, without necessarily liking it. They're going to need to start pinching in the 3rd to start generating more traffic, but that could turn the game.....where MM has been good but not exceptional.....into a rout.

Just not our night, even though it's been.....in my estimation..... their best game of the series by a fairly wide margin. The mistakes and odd man rushes have been killers.....they've just energized the Preds SO much in a game where they didn't need the help.

Just not our night, even though it's been.....in my estimation..... their best game of the series by a fairly wide margin. The mistakes and odd man rushes have been killers.....they've just energized the Preds SO much in a game where they didn't need the help.
I gotta admit I dont think I have EVER heard a crowd in more unison on chants ...especially 'MUUUUURRAAYY, MUUUUURAAAY , YOU SUCK!'...It ignites some serious fire and HATE in this here belly now...I hate Neal, and Subban is an asshat...I think after tonight I detest their fanbase more...want to smack em right in the F'n teeth next game! Yes I do....

Reactions: COOL MAN
I turned the game off and didn't see the incident.......did Kessel cheap shot somebody ??

I made my own comment yesterday about Kessel double-clutching everything; in today's Pitt Post Gazette, it's being theorized he's dealing with some manner of right arm injury.

Nobody asked me, but I do think it's a fair question. More relevant is the basic fact he's simply quit scoring, though......by his comparatively modest standards......I have to admit he's been involved physically a fair extent more than I'm used to seeing. Maybe this his attempt to try and make up for his physical limitations, though it's kinda like a 4th liner taking more shots from the blue line.

Speaking of shots, Sid and Geno combined for ZERO shots; first time that's evidently EVER happened with both on the ice (while Kessel had 3 SOG). In the post game comments, Geno seemed to imply he WAS frustrated with the quality of the Preds defensive style.

Bonino evidently skated at today's "mandatory optional" workout, but it doesn't appear as though he was viewed to have been formally practicing. Cullen and Horndog evidently sat out fully.

The Preds will enter Game 4 credited by most observers as having totally and completely flipped series which.....beyond the fact they're still behind 2-1......is kind of interesting when you realize they only outshot the Pens last night 33-28.....but got outhit 44-32, had more giveaways (12-10). far fewer takeaways (4-10), and won only 4 more faceoffs (36-32). And the last time I checked, every decent Finalist damned well better win Game 3 at home after losing the first 2 games.

Now, I'm not trying to convince anyone the Pens outplayed them last night, which simply wouldn't be true. But if nothing else, I feel as though they did level the ice competitively a fair distance versus the first 2 games, even though the scoreboard didn't tell the story. And they did it with Sid and Geno (especially) as total and complete no-shows. BTW, don't forget the Sharks beat the Pens at home last year in Game 3 before losing Game 4 in the Tank.

It would obviously help if Murray played more than one period tomorrow night, and it would also help if they actually pressured Rinne who, IMO, is probably still one bad goal away from getting choked by his jockstrap. Still, the Preds look all in all like the fairly better team thus far, and I do think the Pens have a fairly major challenge ahead of them unless Murray finds his first string catching glove in time for Game 4 and beyond.

Bonino evidently skated at today's "mandatory optional" workout, but it doesn't appear as though he was viewed to have been formally practicing. Cullen and Horndog evidently sat out fully.

The Preds will enter Game 4 credited by most observers as having totally and completely flipped series which.....beyond the fact they're still behind 2-1......is kind of interesting when you realize they only outshot the Pens last night 33-28.....but got outhit 44-32, had more giveaways (12-10). far fewer takeaways (4-10), and won only 4 more faceoffs (36-32). And the last time I checked, every decent Finalist damned well better win Game 3 at home after losing the first 2 games.

Now, I'm not trying to convince anyone the Pens outplayed them last night, which simply wouldn't be true. But if nothing else, I feel as though they did level the ice competitively a fair distance versus the first 2 games, even though the scoreboard didn't tell the story. And they did it with Sid and Geno (especially) as total and complete no-shows. BTW, don't forget the Sharks beat the Pens at home last year in Game 3 before losing Game 4 in the Tank.

It would obviously help if Murray played more than one period tomorrow night, and it would also help if they actually pressured Rinne who, IMO, is probably still one bad goal away from getting choked by his jockstrap. Still, the Preds look all in all like the fairly better team thus far, and I do think the Pens have a fairly major challenge ahead of them unless Murray finds his first string catching glove in time for Game 4 and beyond.

The most disappointing thing isn't the fact we lost. You could see that game last night coming a mile away. After that first goal by Jake I thought maybe, just maybe but Nashville was at home, where they have been nearly unbeatable in these playoffs and was the desperate team.

The most disappointing thing to me was the complete disappearance of our two superstars. Did they even skate? Ridiculous. It seemed the two were just going though the motions out there. Where is the leadership and heart of our captain when we need it? I'm just hoping Subban's smack talk at games end serves as a wake up call. Let's hope our superstars wake the hell up and actually score goals before we piss away an opportunity to put a stranglehold on this series. And yes, that is plural as in multiple goals.

Reactions: COOL MAN and Euell
The most disappointing thing isn't the fact we lost. You could see that game last night coming a mile away. After that first goal by Jake I thought maybe, just maybe but Nashville was at home, where they have been nearly unbeatable in these playoffs and was the desperate team.

The most disappointing thing to me was the complete disappearance of our two superstars. Did they even skate? Ridiculous. It seemed the two were just going though the motions out there. Where is the leadership and heart of our captain when we need it? I'm just hoping Subban's smack talk at games end serves as a wake up call. Let's hope our superstars wake the hell up and actually score goals before we piss away an opportunity to put a stranglehold on this series. And yes, that is plural as in multiple goals.

What's most concerning to me is the indication that neither Sid nor Geno really seem to have any idea......in interviews, at least......how to break thru the Preds D.

What's most concerning to me is the indication that neither Sid nor Geno really seem to have any idea......in interviews, at least......how to break thru the Preds D.

Pretty simple to me, quit passing and start shooting! Zero shots on goal from two of the most gifted players in the universe is unacceptable. Oh, and Geno it's ok to go to the front of the net too. Skating in big circles and attempting drop passes won't cut it. Hoping Sully gets them both straightened out before we blow this thing.

Bad breath? That's the best he can do?
http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/nhl/predators-penguins-subban-crosby-game3-1.4145517

Personally I have no doubt the fool is lying/ being a jackwagon...he's talking to Pierre and playing off the 'how's your breath' query with Kessel from last year....something tells me he's poked a bear here and Subban looks like clown shoes at least once or twice tonight....

The whole story is silly on its face; but in this all-Preds-all-the-time circus, every single thing coming from their locker room is a big.....and more importantly, FUN.....story. But, add to that the fact it came from (currently) THE most quotable guy in the Commonwealth of Kentucky, and you have something that won't be going away anytime soon.

It's borderline incredible how much the Pens need to win a game in a series which still isn't half over as yet, and where the worst they can finish tonight is tied with 2 of the last 3 on home ice. But I can't recall ANY championship series in my lifetime where the entire universe is pulling SO universally for one side.

Too bad I'm not going to be able to listen to any of today's pregame coverage; just not sure I can deal with 12 solid hours of wall-to-wall pro-Preds/anti-Pens media approaching the opening faceoff.

The whole story is silly on its face; but in this all-Preds-all-the-time circus, every single thing coming from their locker room is a big.....and more importantly, FUN.....story. But, add to that the fact it came from (currently) THE most quotable guy in the Commonwealth of Kentucky, and you have something that won't be going away anytime soon.

It's borderline incredible how much the Pens need to win a game in a series which still isn't half over as yet, and where the worst they can finish tonight is tied with 2 of the last 3 on home ice. But I can't recall ANY championship series in my lifetime where the entire universe is pulling SO universally for one side.

Too bad I'm not going to be able to listen to any of today's pregame coverage; just not sure I can deal with 12 solid hours of wall-to-wall pro-Preds/anti-Pens media approaching the opening faceoff.

The Preds fans are loud, I get it! But so are Pens fans, Caps fans , Blackhawks fans. Lol! I get that it's a nice story a non traditional hockey markets teams playing in its first Stanley Cup but geesh. I hope the Pens stomp a mud hole in their ass tonight and shuts that crowd up!

NHLH saying this afternoon that John Shannon is reporting north of the border that Justin Schultz is (or has been) playing with broken ribs.

If true, that might be adding to the problems the Pens are having on the PP. It also seems to me that if this were true, he'd find it awfully hard to play.......and who knows, maybe we see him leave the ice tonight.

But whatever.....

NHLH saying this afternoon that John Shannon is reporting north of the border that Justin Schultz is (or has been) playing with broken ribs.

If true, that might be adding to the problems the Pens are having on the PP. It also seems to me that if this were true, he'd find it awfully hard to play.......and who knows, maybe we see him leave the ice tonight.

But whatever.....
John may need to learn the difference between 'broken' and 'cracked'...No way he plays with broken ribs. I've had cracked ribs, taped em up and tried to play...made it 10 mins...unbearable pain, when its like knives with every breath! If Shultzie has cracked ribs and is out there, I've got a lot of respect for that guy...and yep, it may explain some things CM...like how he has shot VERY little...

Sid looks real loosey goosy fellas...I like it...Let's F'n Go Pens!!!!

The Preds fans are loud, I get it! But so are Pens fans, Caps fans , Blackhawks fans. Lol! I get that it's a nice story a non traditional hockey markets teams playing in its first Stanley Cup but geesh. I hope the Pens stomp a mud hole in their ass tonight and shuts that crowd up!
I like your candor Ron, Sid gonna make Subban look pretty damned stupid tonight...Lets F'n Go!!!!!!

How's your foot, t.......it's the Finals, buddy, ready to lace em up and give it a go tonight ???

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT