ADVERTISEMENT

Pens Offseason/ rest of NHL playoffs

2013-05-31.jpg

:flush:[roll]
tortorella.jpg

Reactions: torontoeers
They are talking 10 per over 6... seems pretty steep for a guy that had a pretty non eventful playoff. I think he signs at 9 over 5. Although apparently Daddy Marner is quite the piece of work ... thinks little Mitch is the greatest thing in the modern era. Lol Nylander good luck to em... what a birdbrain contract that was by GM Harry Potter...

sounds like will grier.

I can't stand this Bukaskis reporter kid with his Rick Astley haircut but... LOL anyone have a tissue for twerp Marchand? How is Sid buddies with this goof? Cause Nova Scotia? Who cares...

Oh...and for reference ...plug your ears.

Try playing both videos at same time...it kinda works! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Reactions: COOL MAN
Reactions: COOL MAN
I can't stand this Bukaskis reporter kid with his Rick Astley haircut but... LOL anyone have a tissue for twerp Marchand? How is Sid buddies with this goof? Cause Nova Scotia? Who cares...

I've seen Astley on SN stuff before, but honestly not enough to have much of an opinion on him......but I gotta tell you, I thought he did a downright pro job there handling dickhead Marchand. Not sure of exactly what was going on in that moment, but does Rat have some kind of hard-on for the kid (or SN) ??

@COOL MAN ... is it any wonder that so many top draft picks don't wanna report? They want CASH MONEY! Namely the last 2 #1's in Peterborough? FYI the latest kid Mason McTavish? His father played his junior career for the Petes...way to support the franchise that helped launch your career Dale, ya freakin jackwagon...
https://www.tsn.ca/ohl-investigatio...deals-with-multiple-players-1.1301433?tsn-amp

So, whether it's money bags college alums......Adidas......or OHL teams.....kids and parents are getting paid off everywhere. I'd have liked to believe that wasn't the case in the O.....or the Q or W, for that matter......but I guess the piece proves that's just plain naive.

Hard not to wonder how many (and what kind of) side deals the moneybags teams like London, Quebec, and Kelowna are quietly writing ??

I missed this the other day, but the PG's Jason Mackey did an analysis on a proposed Matt Murray extension this summer. Rather than post the entire piece......which is on the long side......here is the basis for Mackey's belief on where the numbers will generally focus:

If recent precedent tells us anything, Murray should start by asking for $6 million per season over six years. Since July 2015, that’s been roughly what a few comparable netminders have received:

• Washington’s Braden Holtby, who was 25 at the time, signed for five years at $6.1 million per season on July 25, 2015.

• San Jose’s Martin Jones, who was 27, signed for six years at $5.75 million per season on July 1, 2017.

• Winnipeg’s Connor Hellebuyck (25) signed for six years at $6,166,666 per season on July 18, 2018.

• Anaheim’s John Gibson (Whitehall) signed for eight years at $6.4 million per season on Aug. 4, 2018. He, too, was 25.

Murray will turn 25 on May 25, and he has something — OK, two things — that separate him from the field: those Stanley Cup rings he helped the Penguins win.

[URL='https://www.post-gazette.com/sports/joe-starkey/2019/05/02/evgeni-malkin-trade-rumors-penguins-nhl/stories/201905020081']Holtby has since won the Cup (2018), and Jones was with the Kings when they won it all in 2014, although he made zero starts and faced just seven shots the entire postseason.
[/URL]

Among these five, Murray easily has the most postseason starts (47), followed by Holtby (34), Jones (30), Gibson (26) and Hellebuyck (17). But there’s also the injuries. A lot of injuries.

Since making his NHL debut in December 2015, Murray has had at least 10, including three this past season. As far as concussions, the most serious of any injury, Murray has had three, including two within about an eight-month stretch in 2018.

For that reason, it’ll be tough for Murray to demand Carey Price money — eight years at $10.5 million per season, inked July 2, 2017 — but he should also view himself as a more attractive commodity than, say, Toronto’s Frederik Andersen, who got $5 million per season over five years back on June 20, 2016. Andersen had played just 28 playoff games at the time.

Assuming the team arrives at some means to address it's continuing fears over his injuries......and I don't have the foggiest clue what that would be.......I myself (as something admittedly less than the world's biggest MM's fan) wouldn't be terribly conflicted with this kind of deal. But something tells me GMJR would be absolutely delighted to write the Fleury deal again (4/23, or perhaps stretch it to 5/29) for MM.

Either way, I'll be interested to see if this deal includes any manner of NTC.....perhaps he earns some additional incentive not to demand one (or something less to get one).

I missed this the other day, but the PG's Jason Mackey did an analysis on a proposed Matt Murray extension this summer. Rather than post the entire piece......which is on the long side......here is the basis for Mackey's belief on where the numbers will generally focus:

If recent precedent tells us anything, Murray should start by asking for $6 million per season over six years. Since July 2015, that’s been roughly what a few comparable netminders have received:

• Washington’s Braden Holtby, who was 25 at the time, signed for five years at $6.1 million per season on July 25, 2015.

• San Jose’s Martin Jones, who was 27, signed for six years at $5.75 million per season on July 1, 2017.

• Winnipeg’s Connor Hellebuyck (25) signed for six years at $6,166,666 per season on July 18, 2018.

• Anaheim’s John Gibson (Whitehall) signed for eight years at $6.4 million per season on Aug. 4, 2018. He, too, was 25.

Murray will turn 25 on May 25, and he has something — OK, two things — that separate him from the field: those Stanley Cup rings he helped the Penguins win.

Holtby has since won the Cup (2018), and Jones was with the Kings when they won it all in 2014, although he made zero starts and faced just seven shots the entire postseason.
https://www.post-gazette.com/sports...rade-rumors-penguins-nhl/stories/201905020081

Among these five, Murray easily has the most postseason starts (47), followed by Holtby (34), Jones (30), Gibson (26) and Hellebuyck (17). But there’s also the injuries. A lot of injuries.

Since making his NHL debut in December 2015, Murray has had at least 10, including three this past season. As far as concussions, the most serious of any injury, Murray has had three, including two within about an eight-month stretch in 2018.

For that reason, it’ll be tough for Murray to demand Carey Price money — eight years at $10.5 million per season, inked July 2, 2017 — but he should also view himself as a more attractive commodity than, say, Toronto’s Frederik Andersen, who got $5 million per season over five years back on June 20, 2016. Andersen had played just 28 playoff games at the time.

Assuming the team arrives at some means to address it's continuing fears over his injuries......and I don't have the foggiest clue what that would be.......I myself (as something admittedly less than the world's biggest MM's fan) wouldn't be terribly conflicted with this kind of deal. But something tells me GMJR would be absolutely delighted to write the Fleury deal again (4/23, or perhaps stretch it to 5/29) for MM.

Either way, I'll be interested to see if this deal includes any manner of NTC.....perhaps he earns some additional incentive not to demand one (or something less to get one).
Well...this chatter will have the Facebook coaches in a full uproar! Yes we know you aren't his biggest supporter CM however you aren't his biggest detractor either. You are usually quite fair in your analysis imo...the hate crew on the other hand, well they'll be apoplectic if he is extended any way shape or form. His social media platforms are infected with trolls going beyond vicious...ah well anyway, I too think if they could ink him at under 6 per for 5 and at least a modified NTC the org would be happy and comparably getting value for the $. That is IF he can stay moderately healthy. Big IF....

I also missed this the other day, but did you realize that all three Carolina organization teams.....Jerks, AHL Charlotte Checkers, ECHL Florida Everblades.....have made their League semi-finals ?? Sounds to me like the Jerks have a promising future if they don't screw things up.

Meanwhile, I keep hearing......and I was actually listening to the game live in the car yesterday morning......about the fluky tie-breaking goal in the Canada-Finland game. Can't seem to find a replay, so I was wondering if any of you guys saw it, and if it's one that Murray SHOULD have had.

Also Canada, US, and Sweden all lose in the Worlds, and I'm trying to figure out exactly what that means; are each overrated......is the field way better than anyone realizes.....or is it something else ??

One more "who gives a shit" anecdote from yours truly.....and speaking of the Florida Everblades.....I read in a Matt Gaijka tweet this morning the Everblades are playing Newfoundland in the ECHL semis. He described the ECHL (correctly, from what I know personally) as a so-called "bus league", which seems a fairly relevant and important description with 2,909 miles separating the two cities.

One more "who gives a shit" anecdote from yours truly.....and speaking of the Florida Everblades.....I read in a Matt Gaijka tweet this morning the Everblades are playing Newfoundland in the ECHL semis. He described the ECHL (correctly, from what I know personally) as a so-called "bus league", which seems a fairly relevant and important description with 2,909 miles separating the two cities.
Well....this is a tough one for me.... not really on the whole BUT Those Newfoundland Growlers are the Leaves ECHL affiliate. It is the first pro/semi pro whatever team to fashion their logo out of my beloved companion the Newf Dog. So F you Everblades.... Leaves affiliation or not I was overjoyed to see the true provincial symbol finally recognized. I actually bought a bunch of their gear for our fundraising Newfstock drive. It went like hotcakes . My big bears.
Newfoundland-Growlers-logo-1040x572.jpg

Reactions: COOL MAN and Euell
Well....this is a tough one for me.... not really on the whole BUT Those Newfoundland Growlers are the Leaves ECHL affiliate. It is the first pro/semi pro whatever team to fashion their logo out of my beloved companion the Newf Dog. So F you Everblades.... Leaves affiliation or not I was overjoyed to see the true provincial symbol finally recognized. I actually bought a bunch of their gear for our fundraising Newfstock drive. It went like hotcakes . My big bears.

I had no idea the Growlers were associated with the Leaves......for that matter, I had no clue my hometown Cincinnati Cyclones were associated (until I looked it up) with the Sabres. And speaking of the Everblades, I see they're owned by former Jerks owner Pete Karmanos.......who I also didn't realize still owned some manner of minority interest in the Jerks (new owner Tom Dundon evidently owns 61% of the team).

They are talking 10 per over 6... seems pretty steep for a guy that had a pretty non eventful playoff. I think he signs at 9 over 5. Although apparently Daddy Marner is quite the piece of work ... thinks little Mitch is the greatest thing in the modern era. Lol Nylander good luck to em... what a birdbrain contract that was by GM Harry Potter...

For whatever Pierre LeBrun's opinion is worth these days, he wrote in The Athletic today that Marner is/should be looking for $11 million......while he believes the Leaves would "love" to get him at $9.5 million (with no specifics cited either way regarding proposed length of deal). Until I read the piece, I was unaware Marner was a GTA kid......which obviously explains why local affection for the kid seems so out-of-proportion from a distance.

As for Nylander, tell me......does he consider himself more Canadian or Swede ??

For whatever Pierre LeBrun's opinion is worth these days, he wrote in The Athletic today that Marner is/should be looking for $11 million......while he believes the Leaves would "love" to get him at $9.5 million (with no specifics cited either way regarding proposed length of deal). Until I read the piece, I was unaware Marner was a GTA kid......which obviously explains why local affection for the kid seems so out-of-proportion from a distance.

As for Nylander, tell me......does he consider himself more Canadian or Swede ??
I honestly am not sure on that one? He doesn't sound very Swedish but... hmmm. Will ask a couple local Leaves faithful...

I also missed this the other day, but did you realize that all three Carolina organization teams.....Jerks, AHL Charlotte Checkers, ECHL Florida Everblades.....have made their League semi-finals ?? Sounds to me like the Jerks have a promising future if they don't screw things up.

Meanwhile, I keep hearing......and I was actually listening to the game live in the car yesterday morning......about the fluky tie-breaking goal in the Canada-Finland game. Can't seem to find a replay, so I was wondering if any of you guys saw it, and if it's one that Murray SHOULD have had.

Also Canada, US, and Sweden all lose in the Worlds, and I'm trying to figure out exactly what that means; are each overrated......is the field way better than anyone realizes.....or is it something else ??
I haven't looked at the replays on the Fin game closely. Will have another glance. In saying that, it seems today our boy is having severe issues with rebound control??? This is not typically his #1 fault imo so it seems rather odd to me...you be the judge via the video. Nice first save and then a massive rebound what 4 or 5 times??? Not only that but it's Slovakia...certainly no world powerhouse although playing at home, and the Canadian D to my eyes is no better , perhaps worse than our Pens...

For those of you watching tonight's tilt...how many ill advised shots is Dougie Hamilton gonna take with no Cane to be found in front? I count 5 or 6 thusfar, 4 of em on a 4 on 3/ 5 on 3 pp? Lol...newsflash Dougie. Those shots AREN'T going in!!! Gsus that was awful to watch...

From what I remember you called that one...I wonder who he helps/hopes to sign outta Columbus now?

Well, it obviously wasn't just me......but I just thought he might have given a little more pause to leaving Columbus after their playoff performance. Meanwhile, I assume the next stage in the New World Order is JD's eventual break-the-bank new FA deal for Breadman.

I'm also thinking he'd take a run at Bobrovsky IF he could find a way to move the Lundqvist deal......something I'm not sure would play so well in Manhattan (even though I think NYR fans finally moved on from the King this past season ).

Hey, any of you knuckleheads know anything about how the St.Louis crowd singing "Country Roads" came to be? One clip on You Tube showed them continuing to sing even after the PA cut off with John Denver and play had resumed. I think it is all pretty cool.

blues score again.

unfortunately for the sharks fluery isn't in goal for the blues.

I just saw the schedule for the Finals. They don't start until next Monday. Why the hell do they wait so long to start them? If the Blues hold on to this lead, it will be 6 days between games.

Count me in for the B's (ugh), this Binnington kid is a snot nosed punk. EVERY interview I see with him...reminds me of our AW #1 who would allow 6 goals a night on his way to a couple Cup championships way back the day ...the f'n prick... i want him to lose and lose BIG.

Reactions: ColoradoMountaineer
Count me in for the B's (ugh), this Binnington kid is a snot nosed punk. EVERY interview I see with him...reminds me of our AW #1 who would allow 6 goals a night on his way to a couple Cup championships way back the day ...the f'n prick... i want him to lose and lose BIG.
I don't know anything about Binnington, but I KNOW I hate Marchand. Sharks getting ready to go on PP early in 3rd. Maybe they will score her and make a game of it.

One thing we know about the Blues is they'll hit the B's......something the B's definitely aren't used to. If Binnington holds up, I think the Blues should be favored.

Hey, any of you knuckleheads know anything about how the St.Louis crowd singing "Country Roads" came to be? One clip on You Tube showed them continuing to sing even after the PA cut off with John Denver and play had resumed. I think it is all pretty cool.
I don't know I was wondering that myself. I heard them sing it the last game as well.

A week and a half or so between games for Bruins. Maybe Tukka Rask will have lost his mojo. He looked pretty unbeatable against Canes.
If memory serves right the last few years the cup has started on memorial day. maybe they are trying to start a tradition.

The avs 2018 home finale was against the Blues. The winner got the final playoff spot in the west that year. I was at the game and the blues put up one of the most gutless performances I had seen for a team with a playoff spot on the line. Over the summer they added Bozak and Oreilly and they had picked up maroon earlier in 2018. I like the moves they made by adding grit. When they started the season slow they got rid of HC Mike Yeo. That was probably the best move they made all year. He is one of the most worthless coachs I have ever seen. Berube added the toughness which fit their lineup. Under Mike Yeo they were soft every NHL team should black list him and send him to coach pee wees where he belongs.

The East has won the Last 3 cups I would give the B's the edge. I think the gap between these 2 is smaller then its been in recent years.

ADVERTISEMENT