ADVERTISEMENT

Pens Offseason/ rest of NHL playoffs

Classic ending in game 6 of Sharks/Vegas. The ref calls a penalty on san jose in the 2nd ot after letting everthing else go to that point. They end up getting a short hander on a whif by MAF. The ref failed to get the hometown boys the win its game 7 time.

But but but MAF is the best... the homers told me! So what gives Lol?

That was a classic MAF game. Made several great saves, turned the puck over in OT which almost led to the game winner and then gives up a WTF goal in the second OT. It’s like that Clint Eastwood movie the good, the bad and the ugly. Lol! I’m pretty sure San Jose is going to win game 7 now. They had no business winning last night. Momentum is a fickle lady and once gone, you’re done.

That was a classic MAF game. Made several great saves, turned the puck over in OT which almost led to the game winner and then gives up a WTF goal in the second OT. It’s like that Clint Eastwood movie the good, the bad and the ugly. Lol! I’m pretty sure San Jose is going to win game 7 now. They had no business winning last night. Momentum is a fickle lady and once gone, you’re done.

as rough as the last two seasons have been, I sure don't miss this.

Classic ending in game 6 of Sharks/Vegas. The ref calls a penalty on san jose in the 2nd ot after letting everthing else go to that point. They end up getting a short hander on a whif by MAF. The ref failed to get the hometown boys the win its game 7 time.

Admittedly I went to bed as soon as I saw the replay, But did that shot redirect to the right off the toe of the defensemen's stick? I can't imagine how he would have guessed so badly there.

I hope the sharks win game 7. I don't like the way Vegas was handed a team when every other NHL Expansion franchise had to pay there dues and build from the ground up. I don't trust San Jose they have a history of Blowing it. I just hope its not on Tuesday.

Reactions: Euell
I hope the sharks win game 7. I don't like the way Vegas was handed a team when every other NHL Expansion franchise had to pay there dues and build from the ground up. I don't trust San Jose they have a history of Blowing it. I just hope its not on Tuesday.
I can't like this post enough...they had ZERO competition in terms of another expansion club to compete against. This was the biggest factor imo for their success. I guess that's what 500 mil gets ya nowdays... In saying that I take nothing away from old salty McPhee in being creative...Bettman the clown promises different this time around in terms of the advantages they had. Um ya...bull$hit Gary...

Reactions: ColoradoMountaineer
I can't like this post enough...they had ZERO competition in terms of another expansion club to compete against. This was the biggest factor imo for their success. I guess that's what 500 mil gets ya nowdays... In saying that I take nothing away from old salty McPhee in being creative...Bettman the clown promises different this time around in terms of the advantages they had. Um ya...bull$hit Gary...
Hopefully Seattle won't get the same favors a Vegas. I can see teams losing 3rd and 4th liners but not 2nd liners and guys that bring value in trade. The people that bring up the Franchise price tag as and excuse fail to acknowledge that owning a sports franchise is a privledge. Its not like you can go down to Tim Hortons and buy an NHL Franchise.

Hopefully Seattle won't get the same favors a Vegas. I can see teams losing 3rd and 4th liners but not 2nd liners and guys that bring value in trade. The people that bring up the Franchise price tag as and excuse fail to acknowledge that owning a sports franchise is a privledge. Its not like you can go down to Tim Hortons and buy an NHL Franchise.
Kyle Turris is the scape goat. I agree with this article for the most part. Don't agree with the parts about Rinne.

https://www.tennessean.com/story/sp...me-6-rexrode-stanley-cup-playoffs/3542356002/

why would you own such a thing? big ron francis fan?

worked in Raleigh for RBC (Royal Bank of Canada) for a number of years and because RBC was the primary sponsor of the Canes, I attended 20 games a year or so for free or 1/2 price. When PNC bought RBC's US operations, my team bought me this jersey and my boss gave me a signed Canes stick..... and they knew I was a Pens fan. They both remain in my basement and untouched since then.

anyone have a subscription to the athletic ? josh yohe wrote an article about some issues the penguins had that happened over the course of the season... would love to have it copied and pasted.

I understand them being upset over the disallowed goal. However, he is still a di@khead! Go Canes!

nothing to be upset about, ovie went in there with the "pickle stabber" and basically shoveled the goalie's leg pad into the net. even the biggest crap fans can admit that.

nothing to be upset about, ovie went in there with the "pickle stabber" and basically shoveled the goalie's leg pad into the net. even the biggest crap fans can admit that.
I did not understand it was disallowed because of the stick into the goalie's pads. All the announcers were saying at the time was that the official lost sight of the puck and that the goal was disallowed because, even though they had not blown it dead, they intended to blow it dead. What you are saying makes him even more of a di@khead! Thanks for the clarification. Go Canes!

Reactions: torontoeers
I did not understand it was disallowed because of the stick into the goalie's pads. All the announcers were saying at the time was that the official lost sight of the puck and that the goal was disallowed because, even though they had not blown it dead, they intended to blow it dead. What you are saying makes him even more of a di@khead! Thanks for the clarification. Go Canes!
I think you should tell us how you really feel about him Euell ...:wink:...for what it's worth F that guy!

I think you should tell us how you really feel about him Euell ...:wink:...for what it's worth F that guy!
We spent 3 days at Dewey/Rehobeth Beaches, DE last week (did the Missus send you the picture of the beautiful Newf?). Anyway, there is a little park called Sunset Park across the street from the Atlantic Oceanside Hotel (dog friendly) where we stay. They have beautiful sunsets (hence the name.) Saturday evening there was some jackwagon with an Ovechkin jersey on standing right at the edge of the lake. I stood behind him and the wife acted like she was taking my picture, but was snapping his instead. He was oblivious to the whole thing. I was going to send it to you and tell you this was just before I picked up a limb and crosschecked his ass into the drink! LOL! Whoever he is, I hope he is extremely unhappy tomorrow night about 10:00! Go Canes!

Toronto playing like Pens with two or three turnovers in a row in their own zone. Costly mistakes! Come on Leafs, ruin T's night! Go Leafs!

Another defensive zone giveaway, another B's goal. Leafs choking it up!

We spent 3 days at Dewey/Rehobeth Beaches, DE last week (did the Missus send you the picture of the beautiful Newf?). Anyway, there is a little park called Sunset Park across the street from the Atlantic Oceanside Hotel (dog friendly) where we stay. They have beautiful sunsets (hence the name.) Saturday evening there was some jackwagon with an Ovechkin jersey on standing right at the edge of the lake. I stood behind him and the wife acted like she was taking my picture, but was snapping his instead. He was oblivious to the whole thing. I was going to send it to you and tell you this was just before I picked up a limb and crosschecked his ass into the drink! LOL! Whoever he is, I hope he is extremely unhappy tomorrow night about 10:00! Go Canes!

I went to wvu with a shitload of craps fans... they are good people and I was legit happy for my friends to finally feel what it was like to win the cup. that being said go canes.

flurry getting roasted on tv right now with the sharks going high glove...

ADVERTISEMENT