ADVERTISEMENT

Pens-Craps

Last minute goal.....those were killers back in March. Regardless, I'll take a tie game after one tonight. Holtby has admittedly been pretty good, but the pressure grows on him as the game progresses; especially as long as the game remains tied.

Meanwhile, if anyone has seen Geno, please page him to the Verizon Center.

Reactions: torontoeers
Last minute goal.....those were killers back in March. Regardless, I'll take a tie game after one tonight. Holtby has admittedly been pretty good, but the pressure grows on him as the game progresses; especially as long as the game remains tied.

Meanwhile, if anyone has seen Geno, please page him to the Verizon Center.
Or don't...he would then stay out of the box...the Craps marker was a bit weak on Flowers part imo...although difficult angle coming out of the screen....still, with his ability he should have it imo....

Or don't...he would then stay out of the box...the Craps marker was a bit weak on Flowers part imo...although difficult angle coming out of the screen....still, with his ability he should have it imo....

Holtby really was no better on the Hagelin goal; both goaltenders probably would like those shots back.

How many calls could the stripes have made on the Craps in the first 27 minutes against Horndog alone ?? He's driving the Craps friggin' bananas.....

bs penalty...

compared to the stuff that wasn't called...

Last edited:
Through 2 periods, I think the stripes have been pretty good to the Craps. But Flower still standing strong, and this may be THE best game his defense has played thus far in the playoffs. Unfortunately, aside the PP goal......which WAS pretty sweet.....about the only forwards playing well to my eyes are Hags and Horndog.

BTW, did you notice how much the Craps hitting fell off in the 2nd ??

Through 2 periods, I think the stripes have been pretty good to the Craps. But Flower still standing strong, and this may be THE best game his defense has played thus far in the playoffs. Unfortunately, aside the PP goal......which WAS pretty sweet.....about the only forwards playing well to my eyes are Hags and Horndog.

BTW, did you notice how much the Craps hitting fell off in the 2nd ??
Too busy clutching and grabbing to hit anybody.

Reactions: COOL MAN and WVU82
20 minutes to go; unfortunately, I don't think 2 goals wins for the Guins. The question is do they get the insurance goal BEFORE the Craps tie it up ??

With the game tied, Craps will start taking bodies again.....

Holtby doing his part......still, nice to see some time in the Craps zone.

How many times in this series have the Pens failed to clear the puck when they had the chance?

3 GA in 8 minutes; you're not going to beat ANYONE like that......

Craps had a period where everything went right for them just in the nick of time. Still, Pens have a fair number of reasons to feel confident coming into Monday night, in my estimation.

Holtby #1 star tonight in my book.....

Reactions: Euell
How many times in this series have the Pens failed to clear the puck when they had the chance?

And as a follow up to that question, how many times have they iced the puck ??

Will be interesting to see......over the next 24 hours......the extent to which the hockey media will reverse their course (versus their reporting of this past THU-SAT) and re-award all their support to the Craps. Of course, just as they bailed on the Craps, they can't wait to bail on the Pens....and probably far more so.

But what I'd like to know is if the momentum really HAS diverted fully to the Craps. My gut feeling, as with most playoffs, is that momentum largely sits with the two goaltenders. However, the post game message appears to be the Pens defense may finally be losing the physical battle, which I think we all knew was destined to happen. Daley left Game 5 injured, and it sounds like virtually the entire unit is simultaneously breaking down,

Also, it's clear the Craps have figured they can get Jake Guentzel out of the game simply by targeting him early, often, and aggressively. I'm hoping HCMS can use last change as a means to get him isolated from Wilson. I also hope Malkin......who played like a 5th liner last night in continuing to fall back into his infamous indifferent ways......finally decides to play ONE game in this series like a $9.5 million player.

I said early in the series he was playing like he was afraid to get hit, and the past couple games haven't changed my view one bit. It obviously would also help if, with a full game back under his belt, if Sid became the best skater on the ice again. But they're just having SO much trouble getting out if their own zone, which we also saw against the Blojax.

When all their chips are down, you see what they're missing without Kris Letang.....

Will be interesting to see......over the next 24 hours......the extent to which the hockey media will reverse their course (versus their reporting of this past THU-SAT) and re-award all their support to the Craps. Of course, just as they bailed on the Craps, they can't wait to bail on the Pens....and probably far more so.

But what I'd like to know is if the momentum really HAS diverted fully to the Craps. My gut feeling, as with most playoffs, is that momentum largely sits with the two goaltenders. However, the post game message appears to be the Pens defense may finally be losing the physical battle, which I think we all knew was destined to happen. Daley left Game 5 injured, and it sounds like virtually the entire unit is simultaneously breaking down,

Also, it's clear the Craps have figured they can get Jake Guentzel out of the game simply by targeting him early, often, and aggressively. I'm hoping HCMS can use last change as a means to get him isolated from Wilson. I also hope Malkin......who played like a 5th liner last night in continuing to fall back into his infamous indifferent ways......finally decides to play ONE game in this series like a $9.5 million player.

I said early in the series he was playing like he was afraid to get hit, and the past couple games haven't changed my view one bit. It obviously would also help if, with a full game back under his belt, if Sid became the best skater on the ice again. But they're just having SO much trouble getting out if their own zone, which we also saw against the Blojax.

When all their chips are down, you see what they're missing without Kris Letang.....
LET'S GO CAPS......LET'S GO CAPS! Need to get my digs in before it all comes crumbling down tomorrow. LET'S GO CAPS!

Washington_Capitals5.jpg

Daley definitely out tonight in favor of Ruhwedel, and HBK is supposedly back together. Meanwhile, give your rabbit's foot a rub for Flower (as Cheers is presumably doing for Holtby). And somebody please call Geno and tell him there's a game tonight,.

The crazy thing about the 3rd period Saturday was that the puck luck all went toward the Caps. Not that I will excuse Hagelin for his continuing lack of effort since October that led directly to goals 2 and 4, but the Caps get two goals off of great bounces and the Pens suddenly found the desire to shoot every piece of rubber directly at Holtby in the 3rd. Right after the tying Caps goals, the Pens had several glorious chances and couldn't bury one. A goal there likely would have ended the Caps' season. Oh well. Assuming MAF doesn't go all 2013 tonight, the Pens advance.

Good point. It seemed like every 10 seconds in the 3rd period of game 4.

I had to laugh at that reply. I was screaming at the TV especially the last minute when Bonino crosses the defensive blue line and ices the puck into the near corner.....he was one on one with the Cap. He could have just shot it at the net if he was going to do something stupid like ice it.

Yikes....well they're gonna have to figure out a way tonight to deliver the dagger so they can use the sword on Wed night...or we have a brand new series...Let's Go Pens!
Toronto I hope the pens close it out tonight I think they will. The predators series about gave me a heart attack and ulcer. It was really tight im glad they pulled it out. The confernce final is uncharted territory for the franchise. I hope they can keep it going for another round. The franchise has really come along way since I was a season ticket holder.

The crazy thing about the 3rd period Saturday was that the puck luck all went toward the Caps. Not that I will excuse Hagelin for his continuing lack of effort since October that led directly to goals 2 and 4, but the Caps get two goals off of great bounces and the Pens suddenly found the desire to shoot every piece of rubber directly at Holtby in the 3rd. Right after the tying Caps goals, the Pens had several glorious chances and couldn't bury one. A goal there likely would have ended the Caps' season. Oh well. Assuming MAF doesn't go all 2013 tonight, the Pens advance.

What's funny about your post is that Craps fans.......and Trotz, in particular......think everything this series has gone pretty much perfectly for the Pens. That said, I'm finding Trotz to have far more in common with John Tortorella than I'd have believed previously (even though he may not be as pure an asshole).

What's also funny is that while one would assume tonight to be the better of the Pens' remaining two chances to finish off the Craps......and I certainly agree with that.....I wouldn't count them out altogether in a Game 7 (assuming they have any skaters left). Never assume anything about the Craps when it's left to them to carry all the playoff pressure on their narrow shoulders.

Can you make this nonsense up? 150 pound Guentzal called for roughing .... 2 minutes later Wilson leaves his feet to board Guentzal and nothing called.

Reactions: COOL MAN
Ya know....when you're 9 of 10 on faceoffs and FAT ZERO on shots in the first 10 mins it tells me one glaring thing...where is Letang and where is Daley?
.....oh yeah NOT HERE ... so get your f'n act together D and PICK EM UP....I'M LOOKIN AT YOU SHULTZIE! ...and DUMO to an extent....and here is that jackoff Beagle to announce his presence. Forwards? You in quicksand or something? Pathetic.

Reactions: COOL MAN
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT