ADVERTISEMENT

Pens-Craps

Interesting stats:

Pens outshoot Craps 11-6 in the 3rd period, full game shots Craps 29 Pens 28
Backstrom 0 SOG, Ovechkin -2, 4 SOG, Burakovsky 0 SOG, Johansson 0 SOG

How in the hell does Backstrom have zero SOG in a game like this ??

Currently, who is Public Enemy #1 in Pittsburgh these days:

A) Boone Jenner
B) Brandon Dubinsky
C) Tom Wilson
D) John Tortorella
E) Barry Trotz

Currently, who is Public Enemy #1 in Pittsburgh these days:

A) Boone Jenner
B) Brandon Dubinsky
C) Tom Wilson
D) John Tortorella
E) Barry Trotz
Well prioritized...I would enjoy exhibit A's head on a pike...have for years...Wilson...well, ain't life grand for him now! Trotz and Torts...going to remedial summer school ...have their knuckles rapped for sissy behaviour , first lesson in period 1 is 'how to avoid temper tantrums 101'...Dubinsky...lmao! Yee haw! Life is good! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Hockey is a funny game and momentum can change quickly. The Pens must score early to have a chance tomorrow night. A little puck luck wouldn't hurt. I'm not ready to write these guys off yet though. I'm fully expecting the Pens to play their best game of the playoffs and for Fleury to go beast mode. In the end, the heart of a champion will prevail. I'm calling it boys, Pens win tomorrow night and advance!

Gotta pat myself on the back boys. Did I call it or what? I will NEVER doubt this Pens team. Now let's go kick some Sens ass!

Gotta pat myself on the back boys. Did I call it or what? I will NEVER doubt this Pens team. Now let's go kick some Sens ass!
I was thinking all morning, "WVRON called that one! After Game 6 I was skeptical although I did not think they would win Game 7 in Detroit in 2009 either and they pulled that one off. Good call, buddy!

Reactions: WVRON
I was thinking all morning, "WVRON called that one! After Game 6 I was skeptical although I did not think they would win Game 7 in Detroit in 2009 either and they pulled that one off. Good call, buddy!

I had major doubts about game 7. What a great team effort to bury the caps once again. Seeing the pens beat that team, in agonizing fashion for the caps and their fans, is a thing of beauty. To me, nothing beats the Stanley cup playoffs in today's pro sports. Hands down the most action packed and exciting.

Have you been hearing the stories out of Washington claiming 8 played the series with an LBI, and was all shot up with pain-killer. Might be true (and might be a story), but I honestly don't give a shit either way.

NHLN Radio spent virtually all their Game 7 coverage today crying for Ovechkin, and almost nothing (aside a bit of acknowledgement for MAF) on the Pens. I did hear one story for the first time about 8 breaking a skate blade in one of the pre-screen practices and leaving the ice for the day. The point was to say Crosby would have NEVER done something like that.

Reactions: torontoeers
I can't let this thread go without eating a little crow. Never in a million years did I see that effort from the Pens coming. I thought their was a slight chance of a win if they withstood a 60 minute Caps barrage. I just didn't see any scenario where the Pens would actually outplay the Caps the last 20 and pretty darn even (to a slight Pens edge) over the last 55 minutes. The fresh legs inserted by Sully was just what the doctor ordered. Of course the shaft save by MAF on Ovechkin surely went along way in preserving momentum and frustrating anything wearing red. I wish we could have potted a few empty net goals just for the hell of it. I heard Backstrom was literally bawling as he walked to his car after the game.....good. Enjoy the long summer.

BTW if anyone saw a black pickup with Pens flags and magnets tooling around Metro DC yesterday it was me.

Reactions: COOL MAN and WVRON
I can't let this thread go without eating a little crow. Never in a million years did I see that effort from the Pens coming. I thought their was a slight chance of a win if they withstood a 60 minute Caps barrage. I just didn't see any scenario where the Pens would actually outplay the Caps the last 20 and pretty darn even (to a slight Pens edge) over the last 55 minutes. The fresh legs inserted by Sully was just what the doctor ordered. Of course the shaft save by MAF on Ovechkin surely went along way in preserving momentum and frustrating anything wearing red. I wish we could have potted a few empty net goals just for the hell of it. I heard Backstrom was literally bawling as he walked to his car after the game.....good. Enjoy the long summer.

BTW if anyone saw a black pickup with Pens flags and magnets tooling around Metro DC yesterday it was me.

That's absolutely fabulous.....but man, even I'm surprised as to how much the sport is grieving over the fact poor Ovechkin lost again (and to what extent everyone associated with the Craps seems to be using him as the sole whipping boy). Why Backstrom is getting what amounts to a complete and total pass is really beyond me.

Not that you asked, but I'd be shocked beyond belief if the Craps.....at least aside whatever FA's they're destined to lose......make any major moves this off-season. They'r clearly stuck with Ovechkin.....since Vegas, the only team with possible real interest, can't put together a good enough deal......and I seriously doubt they want to move Backstrom. Holtby is probably close to unmovable as well, and even more so if they lose Grubauer to Vegas.

That leaves Carlson, who would be a fairly attractive trade chip for most anyone......and for whom they'd probably want a silly return. I mean, what does a top-pairing defenseman cost these days ??

That's absolutely fabulous.....but man, even I'm surprised as to how much the sport is grieving over the fact poor Ovechkin lost again (and to what extent everyone associated with the Craps seems to be using him as the sole whipping boy). Why Backstrom is getting what amounts to a complete and total pass is really beyond me.

Not that you asked, but I'd be shocked beyond belief if the Craps.....at least aside whatever FA's they're destined to lose......make any major moves this off-season. They'r clearly stuck with Ovechkin.....since Vegas, the only team with possible real interest, can't put together a good enough deal......and I seriously doubt they want to move Backstrom. Holtby is probably close to unmovable as well, and even more so if they lose Grubauer to Vegas.

That leaves Carlson, who would be a fairly attractive trade chip for most anyone......and for whom they'd probably want a silly return. I mean, what does a top-pairing defenseman cost these days ??

Not sure how the expansion draft works but could the Caps expose Ovie? Also, could Ovie retire from the NHL and go play professionally in Russia? Ovie has that look of fineness about him. Especially if the Caps roster is depleted.

Not sure how the expansion draft works but could the Caps expose Ovie? Also, could Ovie retire from the NHL and go play professionally in Russia? Ovie has that look of fineness about him. Especially if the Caps roster is depleted.

I thought Ovechkin (and Backstrom and a couple others) had NMC/NTCs; but in doing a little research, I keep reading the Craps have nobody they need to protect solely for that reason. Assuming that's true, I still don't know if they expose 8 and risk losing him for nothing. He's also frequently been said to be Ted Leonsis' main guy, meaning TL could personally demand McLellan protect him. I myself think he ends up protected.

Craps fans are praying for Vegas to grab Brooks Orpik, who I believe was signed by McPhee before being canned in Washington. But I myself will be surprised (or shocked) if McPhee takes a rapidly declining, BADLY overpaid guy like BO regardless of whatever intangibles he's thought to deliver a brand new team. Maybe Vegas takes him at $4 million/season, but not at the absurd $5.75 million per he's currently earning.

What's remains hysterically funny about Orpik's contract is that absolutely EVERYONE knew the Craps were going to regret it beginning roughly in Year 2; and that's precisely how it's worked out.

I thought Ovechkin (and Backstrom and a couple others) had NMC/NTCs; but in doing a little research, I keep reading the Craps have nobody they need to protect solely for that reason. Assuming that's true, I still don't know if they expose 8 and risk losing him for nothing. He's also frequently been said to be Ted Leonsis' main guy, meaning TL could personally demand McLellan protect him. I myself think he ends up protected.

Craps fans are praying for Vegas to grab Brooks Orpik, who I believe was signed by McPhee before being canned in Washington. But I myself will be surprised (or shocked) if McPhee takes a rapidly declining, BADLY overpaid guy like BO regardless of whatever intangibles he's thought to deliver a brand new team. Maybe Vegas takes him at $4 million/season, but not at the absurd $5.75 million per he's currently earning.

What's remains hysterically funny about Orpik's contract is that absolutely EVERYONE knew the Craps were going to regret it beginning roughly in Year 2; and that's precisely how it's worked out.

Orpik was bad his last two seasons in the burg. I was glad to see him move on. Who do you think the Pens will expose?

ADVERTISEMENT