ADVERTISEMENT

Pens-Craps

COOL MAN

All-American
Gold Member
Jun 19, 2001
Series schedule:

THU 4/27 at WAS 730pm (NBCSN/Sportsnet/TVN)
SAT 4/29 at WAS 800pm (NBC/CBC/TVN)
MON 5/1 at PIT 730pm (NBCSN/CBC/TVN)
WED 5/3 at PIT 730pm (NBCSN/CBC/TVN)
SAT 5/6 at WAS TBA
MON 5/8 at PIT TBA
WED 5/10 at WAS TBA

AMENDED TO SHOW TV FOR THE FIRST 4 GAMES

Last edited:
Series schedule:

THU 4/27 at WAS 730pm
SAT 4/29 at WAS 800pm
MON 5/1 at PIT 730pm
WED 5/3 at PIT 730pm
SAT 5/6 at WAS TBA
MON 5/8 at PIT TBA
WED 5/10 at WAS TBA
Thanks for posting. It should be a good series.

If the talking heads on NHLN Radio are any indication, the Pens have picked up some support from their going into the 2nd Round. As much as anything else.....at least thus far.....the opinions on goaltending seem largely to have evened up after Flower and Holtby's most recent work.

Most of their key on-air personalities won't give their selections until Wednesday or Thursday. But by the time everyone has had a chance to cool off.......and get past all their Leaves love.,.....I suspect most will still end up picking Washington.

Which, of course, means absolutely nothing.....since, possibly aside the Rangers series, their on-air guys picked Washington, Tampa, and San Jose over the Pens by virtual acclimation last year.

UPDATE: Kunitz skated again today, and appears to be expecting to be medically cleared for Game 1. Also, Hagelin apparently is skating again, though I get the impression he's still a good 1-2 weeks away. As for Murray, he must be vacationing on some beach, because it seems nobody has seen him around Pens practice since getting hurt.

Last edited:
Reactions: torontoeers
Pens have taken 8 of 9 from the Craps. Based on the way the pens took care of columbus I would have to give them the nod. Craps really struggled against Toronto. If the pens struggle with the craps then the youth movement is toronto is farther along than most thought.

Pens have taken 8 of 9 from the Craps. Based on the way the pens took care of columbus I would have to give them the nod. Craps really struggled against Toronto. If the pens struggle with the craps then the youth movement is toronto is farther along than most thought.

Pens had more trouble with the Leafs this season than most would have expected; then again, so did everyone else in the League. Regardless, to me.....as the brand new series this obviously is......what happened in Round 1 means little, if anything, now. You're, of course, free to disagree.

That's not to say I don't think the Pens can't win; obviously, that's not true. As is always the case, goaltending will be huge. We already know Flower is nowhere near as good on the road as at home, and we also know Holtby was some distance less than exceptional versus Toronto. And like last year, the Pens need to steal a game......preferably in the first two......in Washington, then hope they can sweep in Pittsburgh. I don't see how they can win in less than 6 games.

I also would not want them to be forced to win a Game 7 on the road (as they admittedly did back in 2009).

Pens had more trouble with the Leafs this season than most would have expected; then again, so did everyone else in the League. Regardless, to me.....as the brand new series this obviously is......what happened in Round 1 means little, if anything, now. You're, of course, free to disagree.

That's not to say I don't think the Pens can't win; obviously, that's not true. As is always the case, goaltending will be huge. We already know Flower is nowhere near as good on the road as at home, and we also know Holtby was some distance less than exceptional versus Toronto. And like last year, the Pens need to steal a game......preferably in the first two......in Washington, then hope they can sweep in Pittsburgh. I don't see how they can win in less than 6 games.

I also would not want them to be forced to win a Game 7 on the road (as they admittedly did back in 2009).
The pens looked really good in the 1st round the caps really struggled. I think pens win the series. A new series brings a new set of dynamics so will have to see. The caps have choked so many times that i won't believe it to I see it when in comes to them.

ESPN’s cut deep into its NHL coverage, with columnists Pierre LeBrun and Scott Burnside and writerJoe McDonald being let go plus maybe Buccigross (who is more or less the face of the network’s hockey presence):

Pierre LeBrun@PierreVLeBrun

Well folks, as you can tell by my new Twitter handle, I was also among the cuts today at ESPN.

Scott Burnside@OvertimeScottB
After 13 years of sticks and pucks can share that as of today my tenure at ESPN is at a close. I look forward to the next adventure.

Joe McDonald@MrMomJoeyMac

After nearly eight years of covering the NHL, MLB and the NFL at ESPN, it's time for the next chapter in my career.

Yours truly is not a very happy camper; I'm in Memphis tonight, and my hotel......like so many I've come across lately......does not have NBCSN, so it's no 2nd Round for me tonight. But even worse, I spent last night in Nashville, and am returning to the same hotel tomorrow (THU) night......and it doesn't have NBCSN either.

So, unless I can find it streaming online.....and I'm not especially hopeful.....it's no Pens-Craps TV for me tomorrow night [crying][crying][crying]

Yours truly is not a very happy camper; I'm in Memphis tonight, and my hotel......like so many I've come across lately......does not have NBCSN, so it's no 2nd Round for me tonight. But even worse, I spent last night in Nashville, and am returning to the same hotel tomorrow (THU) night......and it doesn't have NBCSN either.

So, unless I can find it streaming online.....and I'm not especially hopeful.....it's no Pens-Craps TV for me tomorrow night [crying][crying][crying]

If you can't find a game stream or sports bar that will show it then down load the Pens app and listen to Mike Lange.

If you can't find a game stream or sports bar that will show it then down load the Pens app and listen to Mike Lange.

Oh, I've been listening to online radio coverage of the Pens for years; XM, Pens Radio, etc.

Happily, I see NBCSN is streaming the Preds-Blues tonight; so I assume they'll do the same with Pens/Craps tomorrow night. Come to think of it, I'm pretty sure this is what I did for the playoffs last season when I spent a night in Charleston without NBCSN on the hotel's cable lineup.

Reactions: WVRON
So it's been roughly 2-2 1/2 weeks since Murray's injury which is usually the minimum for even a minor groin strain. Now we know they are likely saying as little as possible, especially at this time of year but....anyone hear anything at all?

Looking forward to this thing getting fired up tonight gents...brave the storm that will come early and do the Pens pounce when opportunity arrises boys!!!

The good guys in 6!....hang in there Flower...time for that annual right of passage...the Craps CHOKE!:boxing:

Oh god....it's Pierre...such a drag...love to hear the action yet need earplugs...I will attempt to count how many times a sentence is prologued with 'Ya talk about....'

Pens to measured and patient in own end once getting the puck. Not our game. Daley or Schultz NEEDS to complete that quick flip pass when they dont expect it, some way somehow and the forwards need to get on their horse!....my two cents...

Just made Nashville and dialed up the NBCSN stream and (after a crappy day in Memphis) brightened up considerably when I saw the 2-0 score. So, Sid's come to play tonight; always a nice sign for the Guins

Since I've joined in, virtually the entire game has been played in the Pens end......hoping Flower stands tall the rest of the period.

Sure, give a flying Ovechkin an acre of open ice in the zone......and don't worry, Schulzie, nobody is expecting you to give it up defensively like everyone else.

Last edited:
Interesting end of 2nd stats; Pens two top time on ice guys were Maatta (14:23) and Hainsey (14:16). Also, Pens up 23-13 on faceoffs through 2 periods.

Just made Nashville and dialed up the NBCSN stream and (after a crappy day in Memphis) brightened up considerably when I saw the 2-0 score. So, Sid's come to play tonight; always a nice sign for the Guins
And happy to hear you are now locked in...Kunitz has been active in the scrums 2nd and third which I have to say I like to see....pounce boys and throw the dagger late!!!!

And indeed...when he got his first the wife and I felt some relief...and the second a minute later? Oh well...she bout hit the roof lol...

Amazing how much open ice the Craps seem to have in the Pens end......and how little the Pens seem to have on the other end :scream:

Pens getting outshot 8-2 in the first 12 minutes of the 3rd period.

Craps outshoot the Pens 16-6 in the 3rd....happily, Flower played his single best period in probably 5 years. But man, the Pens got dominated fairly thoroughly in the 3rd (and most of the 2nd).

Fortunately, it's the final score that counts......oh, and it did help that the Pens weren't forced to kill any penalties. So, a little shout-out to the stripes on that count.

Reactions: torontoeers
I have one word....FLOWER....ok maybe 2...SID!.....ok , ok ....3 ....BONINO BONINO BONINO!!!! This was a good road win...I was pacing as I imagine you all were in the last 5. Man alive that was quite a performance by Flower late....bigtime ATTA BOY!!!! WHOA YEA!!!

Reactions: COOL MAN
Amazing how long it takes to burn through 20:00 minutes of clock in a game like that.......

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT