ADVERTISEMENT

(OT) Talk About Off-Topic...

I love Haag n Das vanilla bean ice cream.

Recipe;
If you take a huge mug and put 2 swiss miss hot chocolate packs in it and add about 12 oz of boiling water, mix thoroughly and then here is the secret.................................. Add one scoop of the Haag n Das vanilla bean ice cream and do not stir. Just drink it and you can thank me later.
Ice cube recipe..
(1) ice tray(12 cubes}
(2) add water(not tap)
(3) place in freezer(32 or below)
(4) wait till frozen
(5) enjoy

So I'm really really old.

What do old people often do?? Hoard...often cash. Here's where I'm going with this....

I go to the credit union and ask for my savings (I'm not closing any of my accounts) in cash. Not a bank note/check or just part of it daily for so many days (because it's a ridiculously low daily limit) in cash. The whole sum in cash when I want it....not when they want to give it.. I'm fine with requesting a day for pickup...but not going day after day to get the final total I want 'under my mattress'.

I let the shit slide with the teller but tomorrow I'm ramping it up with the manager.

I mean wtf ? The reason banks fail is because people fear they can't get their cash when they want it (thus FDIC).

So I'm really really old.

What do old people often do?? Hoard...often cash. Here's where I'm going with this....

I go to the credit union and ask for my savings (I'm not closing any of my accounts) in cash. Not a bank note/check or just part of it daily for so many days (because it's a ridiculously low daily limit) in cash. The whole sum in cash when I want it....not when they want to give it.. I'm fine with requesting a day for pickup...but not going day after day to get the final total I want 'under my mattress'.

I let the shit slide with the teller but tomorrow I'm ramping it up with the manager.

I mean wtf ? The reason banks fail is because people fear they can't get their cash when they want it (thus FDIC).

How much cash we talkin bout?

tony-robbins-3.jpg

Fearing death is an important part of not dying before your time.

Not recognizing when your time has come and still fearing death is a wedge between embracing what eventually happens to each person anyway and the glory of knowing (or not) the 'final' answers to questions that the living have yet been able to prove.

....or as I like to say, 'shit happens...deal with it'.`

Fearing death is an important part of not dying before your time.

Not recognizing when your time has come and still fearing death is a wedge between embracing what eventually happens to each person anyway and the glory of knowing (or not) the 'final' answers to questions that the living have yet been able to prove.

....or as I like to say, 'shit happens...deal with it'.`
shit does happen..It's not my fault that beer is cheaper than therapy.

shit does happen..It's not my fault that beer is cheaper than therapy.

Since you mentioned it.... ...my insurance plan should cover beer. Cheaper for both of us in the long (actually short) run.

...and I should mention that I've been in therapy many times and I've ALWAYS been asked to find other "support options" without actually getting any recommendations or direction.

Healing is harder than simply taking easy insurance money to hangout at the office.

...and I should mention that I've been in therapy many times and I've ALWAYS been asked to find other "support options" without actually getting any recommendations or direction.

Healing is harder than simply taking easy insurance money to hangout at the office.

Work the steps......................

So many states have an endless number of specialty license plates which is cool. Ever notice car commercials have the plates match the color of the car...because it just makes it look better?

How about color plates (except for numbers) for states? Sure perfect matches would be difficult but a color code could still be yet another money maker for the state.

Welfare programs have become a major part of the presidential election process.

Sucks...and pisses me off.

Sure, (some) people will vote for free money....a lot of them. ..a lifetime worth of it.

Sure, (some) people will vote for free money....a lot of them. ..a lifetime worth of it.

The drunk you is a lot more political than the sober version. I like it.

Reactions: WVURobinHood
Things You Do Drunk That would Be Creepy If You Did Them Sober

I'll be at the BYU game Saturday....so if any of you feel a need to kick my arse that'll be your chance.

...and while a few here might consider that offer I bet it would go 8 pages deep in under 24 hours on The Blue Lot. .....those guys really don't like me (honesty).

Reactions: GoWVU

So....a 18 yr old girl gets pregnant by a deadbeat....what do you want her to do? Abortion? Welfare while raising the child through the baby years? Work with help from government funds so the child can live in an area not plagued by gangs and drugs? Adoption? And I really hope you're not trying to imagine her race before answering. The programs aren't the problem.....it's the lack of accountability. Just like in our schools, congress, police forces, and military.

So....a 18 yr old girl gets pregnant by a deadbeat....what do you want her to do? Abortion? Welfare while raising the child through the baby years? Work with help from government funds so the child can live in an area not plagued by gangs and drugs? Adoption? And I really hope you're not trying to imagine her race before answering. The programs aren't the problem.....it's the lack of accountability. Just like in our schools, congress, police forces, and military.

By accountability, I assume you mean for the mother and father. But as we know, people aren't responsible or accountable.

So why not ask, how do we make people accountable? I think you could argue that some programs make it easier for folks to be unaccountable.

I have no idea. However, I think all forms of birth control should be free and easily accessible, and I'd rather pay (as a taxpayer) for a tubal ligaton or vasectomy than a lifetime of welfare, and most likely crime.

There needs to be a balance between being heartless, and a total sucker.

There's so much wrong with that post I can only guess you're just tossing out bait.

Reactions: WVURobinHood
well that was a whole day wasted..get an automated call from Wells Fargo to confirm my purchase on my Wells Fargo credit card..(around 1500)..the only problem is that I've never banked at Wells Fargo, nor have I ever had a credit card from them. finally got it fixed.surprisingly I never cussed at anyone from their fraud department..feeling drained..

well that was a whole day wasted..get an automated call from Wells Fargo to confirm my purchase on my Wells Fargo credit card..(around 1500)..the only problem is that I've never banked at Wells Fargo, nor have I ever had a credit card from them. finally got it fixed.surprisingly I never cussed at anyone from their fraud department..feeling drained..

Hard for me to believe you wasn't a complete dick on the phone. #microaggression

By accountability, I assume you mean for the mother and father. But as we know, people aren't responsible or accountable.

So why not ask, how do we make people accountable? I think you could argue that some programs make it easier for folks to be unaccountable.

I have no idea. However, I think all forms of birth control should be free and easily accessible, and I'd rather pay (as a taxpayer) for a tubal ligaton or vasectomy than a lifetime of welfare, and most likely crime.

There needs to be a balance between being heartless, and a total sucker.

Easy fix: If you've been on government support for more than 2 years, then you get a tubal after having 2 kids....or you can elect to exit the program. It's a bit harsh, but the alternative is bankrupting this country. This allows people to procreate without creating a situation where the taxpayers are getting fleeced and kids are being neglected due to overcrowding/lack of resources.

I agree with your accountability answer. The current system actually rewards lazy people who don't want to work even MORE money to have more kids that will then turn around and likely do the same thing.

BTW...."lazy" is a raceless issue to me. Where I'm from, Caucasians are way more guilty of this pattern than AAs are.

Easy fix: If you've been on government support for more than 2 years, then you get a tubal after having 2 kids....or you can elect to exit the program. It's a bit harsh, but the alternative is bankrupting this country. This allows people to procreate without creating a situation where the taxpayers are getting fleeced and kids are being neglected due to overcrowding/lack of resources.

I agree with your accountability answer. The current system actually rewards lazy people who don't want to work even MORE money to have more kids that will then turn around and likely do the same thing.

BTW...."lazy" is a raceless issue to me. Where I'm from, Caucasians are way more guilty of this pattern than AAs are.
I hear you on how frustrating it is to see our taxes drained by carelessness. However, it's pretty unAmerican to force birth control surgery. Our government needs to provide help for many. The bootstrap argument doesn't cover everyone. My point was that sometimes the situation calls for help from "US", and I'm proud to help.

I hear you on how frustrating it is to see our taxes drained by carelessness. However, it's pretty unAmerican to force birth control surgery. Our government needs to provide help for many. The bootstrap argument doesn't cover everyone. My point was that sometimes the situation calls for help from "US", and I'm proud to help.

It's not "forcing" anyone. People can have as many kids as they want....they would just need to pay for the care of any children beyond the first 2.

I would love to hear how "we" can help stop this pattern that has helped ruin our healthcare system.

It's not "forcing" anyone. People can have as many kids as they want....they would just need to pay for the care of any children beyond the first 2.

I would love to hear how "we" can help stop this pattern that has helped ruin our healthcare system.
It's never the parent(s) I'm worried about. If we just let children suffer because of their parent(s) decisions, we will never fix the many problems that confront our society. I believe ALL government entitlements should come with certain conditions and evaluation. Therapy, drug treatment, skill training, education funding, or money for relocation should be a part of welfare or healthcare funds. It costs more in the short, so most would fight it, but can truly address the problem in the long run.

The problem with this is....you will need quality government representatives that will be properly trained in order to evaluate individual cases for the most effective options. Look at our police forces and teachers, some are well trained and well intended, but most are not.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT