ADVERTISEMENT

Neal Brown and AD Shane Lyons warned us

I admire fans that go a bit crazy in their fandom, but yours is hard to figure out and frankly, you are coming across a bit psychotic with the way you go on and the manner in which you speak to other posters here. You have made your point enough that if never post your thoughts again, we will know what it is long into the future.

Were I the admin here I would have a chat with you and try to nudge you into a more community minded interaction and if you failed to listen, I would end your access. If for no other reason than your own mental well-being. You are coming across mentally imbalanced.

I do not like you or fans like you. You are unworthy of rational debate because you are never rational. You think a discussion is a win-lose scenario when it is merely a sharing of viewpoints. You have lost your way. But, as a fellow human-being, I think it would be in your best interest to sign up to the Houston board as you come across much more as a Holgorsen fan than even the most shallow Mountaineer.

You sat back as some of the same posters you are now trying to protect bashed the previous staff for eight years- finally pushing out the second winningest coach ever at WVU along with many talented players who could win games for WVU.

You sit back as they continue running their mouths trying to excuse away the current coaches failures as the fault of a coach long gone who left a very capable squad.

Now, when some are discussing the current dire situation led by the new coach suddenly you dont want to hear about what is happening?

I cant stand Mountaineer “ fans” like you who run your mouths without a thought behind it -pushing out players, recruits and coaches alike — destroying what was building-and then when your plan fails miserably want to hide and act like people arent seeing what they can see with their own eyes.

Academic fraud is a BASELESS allegation. If true WVU would be under NCAA investigation for that.

Not if administration took immediate action. As they did. Academic fraud does not always occur during a athletic season. Finals were due when these athletes were found guilty.

The school has its own process for investigating and assigning penalties for academic misconduct.ƒ

The NCAA If academic misconduct involves certain factors, it could become an NCAA violation and there could possibly be additional penalties that affect the school.

NCAA ENFORCEMENT ACADEMIC MISCONDUCT CASES
EXAMPLE: head coach acted unethically and failed to promote an atmosphere of compliance when he directed his staff to engage in academic misconduct. During the investigation, the former head coach fabricated a document to justify payments to student-athletes and took other actions to thwart the investigation.

Penalties in this case: Included three years of probation, a two-year postseason ban for the men’s basketball team, reductions in scholarships and recruiting opportunities, as well as show-cause orders for a number of individuals, including the former head coach.

Did conduct violate the school’s academic misconduct policies and procedures? Alteration or falsification of academic record? OR School staff or booster involvement? OR Competed or received aid while ineligible? No NCAA violations No NCAA violations Impermissible academic assistance violation Substantial academic assistance or exception? AND Not generally available to school’s students? AND Not permissible under Bylaw 16.3? AND Provided by current or former school staff or booster? AND Results in certification of eligibility?

NCAA has no cause for investigation unless it is covered up or intentionally allowed by HC.

Learn the rules and shut up...

https://www.ncaa.org/sites/default/files/2018DIENF_AcademicMisconductBooklet_20180321.pdf

You take your own advice and no one will have to correct your lies.

Wins matter and Holgorsen produced those against the toughest schedules while you claimed anyone could step in a nd immediately do better.

You were wrong and now your ego wont allow you to shut up about DH and admit it even as brown drives WVU into the toilet.

Proof has been given and you choose to ignore them. This shows you are guilty of trolling. Just as we are guilty by replying to your bull shit.

Houston is not WVU.

At WVU Holgorsen won against the toughest schedules ever played at the second winningest clip any coach ever at the school did.

Now, because brown is faltering in every aspect of the game you ignoramous trolls who bashed DH day and night dont want to admit how wrong you were about the job DH did- so you expect everyone to sit back and praise a disastrous season with no improvement in sight.

Or worse, blame the previous coach who would most certainly have brought in at least 7 victories.

You make this so easy...

You see, if your logic holds true, and coaching is the only thing that is holding WVU back, then Holgorsen would be winning at Houston RIGHT NOW.

Dana inherited a team that won 8 games last year - same as WVU. Brought back many returning starters - same as WVU. We could go on and on with the similarities.

What it boils down to is this - if WVU isn't winning 8 games this year it must be the coaching (according to you). Yet, now that Dana is in Houston, they should be winning 8 games, since they did and have for years, especially with an easier schedule, because they now have a superior coach (according to you).

But they aren't and won't, so according to your logic it must be the poor coaching.

Yet, when confronted with this you have no answer for the simple reason any answer you give goes against your own failed logic and puts you in a conundrum.

I could attack your arguments in a hundred different ways and destroy them all.

You see why I say you just aren't that smart?

You sat back as some of the same posters you are now trying to protect bashed the previous staff for eight years- finally pushing out the second winningest coach ever at WVU along with many talented players who could win games for WVU.

You sit back as they continue running their mouths trying to excuse away the current coaches failures as the fault of a coach long gone who left a very capable squad.

Now, when some are discussing the current dire situation led by the new coach suddenly you dont want to hear about what is happening?

I cant stand Mountaineer “ fans” like you who run your mouths without a thought behind it -pushing out players, recruits and coaches alike — destroying what was building-and then when your plan fails miserably want to hide and act like people arent seeing what they can see with their own eyes.

Let me give you some information that I have not shared on this board until this moment. I love WVU, went to WVU, played for WVU. But all of that was a few life times ago. These days I love WVU differently than I did then. Politics matter more to me than what college football has become, but while I have lost a love for college football in general, I am still a Mountaineer to the core.

I was a 24/7 resident of this and the pay board for decades, until the fiasco that brought Bill Stewart into power as head coach. I actually liked Bill as a Mountaineer but I never thought much of his coaching ability and I was horrified by the way he was hired in the wee-hours of the morning in a Fiesta Bowl hotel. I walked away from this site and going to any games. I ended all financial support of WVU in protest, not because I thought so little of Bill Stewart but because of the shenanigans that took place in his hire.

Along comes Dana Holgorsen and I had hope. I signed on to his tenure. I came back to this board, started spending money with WVU and tried to pick up where I left off. I defended Dana as others termed Friends of Bill worked hard to take him down. But, it took only two season to see that Dana was not the coach WVU needed. I did not place any worth in his win/loss record. What mattered to me was his ability to coach on and off the field, his ability to recruit and his ability to buy into being a Mountaineer. He failed all of those criteria.

I felt WVU was headed down a dead end. Then he was given an extension and I took that as a sign that I was wasting my time here and going to games. I ended my activity here, which was winding down as the realization that Dana was not a P5 coach and I stopped going to games and spending money with WVU.

Now, Neal Brown comes in and says everything I need him to say to tell me the man has his head on right. That he is a coach of great merit. That he has a plan and he cares, because he has bought into being a Mountaineer. I listened to the man and I hear the truth in his voice. He has my faith. I hear things in him I did not hear from Rich, Bill or Dana. It has been a long 19 years of waiting.

I am not worried about wins and losses this season and I had planned to not worry about them next season, but Neal Brown has made such great strides with the program that I think next year could be an incredible year and this year could see WVU with a winning record. I had only hoped to be 3-9 and at worst we are that now.

I set this all down as advice to you. I disliked what was going on with past coaches and I walked away, taking my wallet with me. I would advise you to do the same because Neal Brown is going to be here a long time. You do have another option though, you could give the man a chance, shut your mouth, open your eyes and ears and drop Dana like garbage at the curb, he no longer matters to anything related to WVU.

Proof has been given and you choose to ignore them. This shows you are guilty of trolling. Just as we are guilty by replying to your bull shit.

No proof of anything has been given about anything except from me.

You are the only troll in this conversation and you know it. You've been at it for nearly a decade now and chased most posters off the board with your ignoramous rants.

You were wrong before and you are still wrong.

Pretending something different is happening won't make Brown coach up this team to play at the level needed.

No proof of anything has been given about anything except from me.

You are the only troll in this conversation and you know it. You've been at it for nearly a decade now and chased most posters off the board with your ignoramous rants.

You were wrong before and you are still wrong.

Pretending something different is happening won't make Brown coach up this team to play at the level needed.

Yet again for a 100 times over

Nine of them have been on their way out, while only four are coming in. But that doesn't tell the whole story.

Matt Jones and Dontae Angus. The former was a starter last year, but the lowest-graded starter of anyone on the offense, per PFF, and he was leaving the program regardless of who the head coach was. The latter has not played a down for the Mountaineers, and had left the team months before, despite not showing up in the portal until January.

So we're down to seven, which may seem like it's still a large number, but it's not. First off, did we all forget the previous years? There were a total of fifteen - FIFTEEN - scholarship players that left in 2018.

There was no coaching change. There was no turmoil. There was no "academic misconduct." Fifteen - sixteen if you count Jordan Adams, who left and then came back (before leaving again this offseason) - scholarship players just up and left the team, including multiple players who were expected to not only start but make a big impact in 2018. That included defensive linemen Lamonte McDougle and Adam Shuler, and wide receiver Reggie Roberson.

To say this offseason's attrition has been abnormal or the sign of problems within the program or on the coaching staff is disingenuous. It is abnormal, because to have *only* seven departures after a complete staff overhaul is remarkable.

Take a closer look at those seven. That includes four players who were not going to be in the two-deep come the fall. So now we're focused on Marcus Simms, Kenny Robinson, and Derrek Pitts. All three of those guys would not only have made a contribution, but were starters. Key starters. Anyone telling you differently is also being disingenuous. However, the first two of those departures had nothing to do with the new coaching staff, and everything to do with the "academic misconduct" that's been discussed incessantly.

https://247sports.com/college/west-...-transfer-portal-players-gone-2019-132636708/

Poll a bunch of hypocritical dishonest trolls LOL!

I dont need to do that, everyone can see you for the trolls you are.

I am discussing FACTS about the current dire situation of WVU football due to the current staff and some idiots like you are talking about ME.

If you arent talking about me, you are revisiting ignorant lies about the previous coach to excuse away the failures of Brown while still ignoring Holgorsen oroduced the second most wins ever for WVU against the toughest schedules ever faced.

Everyone can see that clear as day.

Truth hurts pal. As for you stating facts...the next one would be your first.

Reactions: WVUFanForever
A "rebuilding" year? Holgorsen would have delivered at least 7 wins with the same players and WVU would not be in the bottom of statistical categories.

Bad coaching is why WVU is losing so badly in so many games this year. They've only had one solid performance to date. But WVU returned the top RB corps, along with many solid players on offense and defense. Brown pushed 10 players, mostly starters out, and then people pretended those players never existed.

The biggest problem to date has been Brown's personally evaluated and picked QB who threw near record high picks this season in multiple games, not anyone from the previous regime.

Poor defensive, special teams and offensive coaching are responsible for the woes the team is facing.

You can see the rigidness of WVUs players in the second half yesterday. Uninspired, and robotic like they are trying to walk through a textbook rather than skilled players executing athletic plays

That is on this coaching staff.
What you think you saw in the second half is incorrect.

What you saw was a tired team; a team with no depth requiring a young guy with minimal experience going up against a solid Big 12 opponent.

And guess what? You are going to see more of the same this year. It is a numbers game and we don't have enough good football players on this roster right now. Some of the kids are in learning mode and will be better for the experience. Others may not be Big 12 caliber.

We are building for the future. I am confident that we have the right coach in place.

If you need wins to satisfy your palette, I suggest you change the channel and watch something else. Tune in for the spring game next year and we'll have a better handle on what 2020 will look like.

Reactions: Euell
What you think you saw in the second half is incorrect.

What you saw was a tired team; a team with no depth requiring a young guy with minimal experience going up against a solid Big 12 opponent.

And guess what? You are going to see more of the same this year. It is a numbers game and we don't have enough good football players on this roster right now. Some of the kids are in learning mode and will be better for the experience. Others may not be Big 12 caliber.

We are building for the future. I am confident that we have the right coach in place.

If you need wins to satisfy your palette, I suggest you change the channel and watch something else. Tune in for the spring game next year and we'll have a better handle on what 2020 will look like.

To build for the future, one would need quality recruiting. WVUs 2020 class is currently ranked 9th in the BIG 12 with 05 star and only 2 4 stars listed. 57th nationally.

To have a tired team means you have a poorly conditioned team. Why wasn't ISU's team tired in the second half? The game was tied at the half, ISU made adjustments to shut down what little worked for WVU and WVU made 0 adjustments.

To build for the future, one would need quality recruiting. WVUs 2020 class is currently ranked 9th in the BIG 12 with 05 star and only 2 4 stars listed. 57th nationally. Why wasn't ISU's team tired in the second half?

Houston 2020 class is currently ranked 11th in AAC with no 5 stars and no 4 listed. 95th nationally.

WVU Nationally
2019 - 49th

You want to know why WVU is down this year. there it is by the former coach.

You want to know why ISU didn't get tired. ISU 85 man roster. The biggest move forward in Iowa State, has been roster depth. You want to be in it for the long haul, you want to be able to navigate injuries, you want to be able to have the ability to mold your football team to consistently play. Then you need an 85 man roster.

It In some cases, including a transfer could push the 85-man roster up, but in others it could skew it downward. Overall, it tends to balance out.

Recruiting rankings aren't the end-all, so looking at the composite average of a roster is only one viewpoint into a program.

Buck schooled again.

Reactions: Rootmaster
Houston 2020 class is currently ranked 11th in AAC with no 5 stars and no 4 listed. 95th nationally.

WVU Nationally
2019 - 49th

You want to know why ISU didn't get tired. ISU 85 man roster. The biggest move forward in Iowa State, has been roster depth. You want to be in it for the long haul, you want to be able to navigate injuries, you want to be able to have the ability to mold your football team to consistently play. Then you need an 85 man roster.

It In some cases, including a transfer could push the 85-man roster up, but in others it could skew it downward. Overall, it tends to balance out.

Recruiting rankings aren't the end-all, so looking at the composite average of a roster is only one viewpoint into a program.

Buck schooled again.

Oh Allen...you and your facts :)

Brown will be gone as soon as the UK job becomes available. Bring back Rich Rod the goat.

WVU Nationally
2019 - 49th

Buck schooled again.

Houston's recruiting has NOTHING to do with WVU's recruiting and Houston is a G5 school so one would hope that WVU is recruiting at a higher level since WVU must compete in the BIG 12 at the P5 level.

WVU in the BIG 12 for 2020 recruiting
9th
https://n.rivals.com/team_rankings/2020/big12/football

WVU Nationally for 2020 recruiting (hint-Holgorsen is not recruiting for 2020 at WVU):
57th
https://n.rivals.com/team_rankings/2020/all-teams/Football

Allen lying again and SCHOOLED again as he desperately tries to protect his ego and his failures--and those of the coach that could "step right in and do better right away".

But obviously isn't.

The only way WVU is going to perform better is if they get better recruits and that is not happening ---in addition to a coaching job that just coached WVU to 190 total yards and only 41 yards rushing on 28 attempts while giving up 372 total yards and 143 yards rushing.

Last edited:
Houston's recruiting has NOTHING to do with WVU's recruiting and Houston is a G5 school so one would hope that WVU is recruiting at a higher level since WVU must compete in the BIG 12 at the P5 level.

WVU in the BIG 12 for 2020 recruiting
9th
https://n.rivals.com/team_rankings/2020/big12/football

WVU Nationally for 2020 recruiting (hint-Holgorsen is not recruiting for 2020 at WVU):
57th
https://n.rivals.com/team_rankings/2020/all-teams/Football

Allen lying again and SCHOOLED again as he desperately tries to protect his ego and his failures--and those of the coach that could "step right in and do better right away".

But obviously isn't.

The only way WVU is going to perform better is if they get better recruits and that is not happening ---in addition to a coaching job that just coached WVU to 190 total yards and only 41 yards rushing on 28 attempts while giving up 372 total yards and 143 yards rushing.

But then again Buck the suck enjoys talking about how much of a god Holgo is. When someone continues to prove it wrong It flips like a trick pony.

Your old news tool troll. Or is Pete n repeat.

Well you have trollAllen yapping about Holgorsen endlessly as he has for 8 plus years.

And when those lies are blown up he attacks the messenger.

What an ego on that one--completely out of control.

No reason to sit back and let the anti WVU troll lie about the Mountaineer program over the last decade. There were plenty of accomplishments for WVU fans to be proud of even if that troll wants to bash WVU and its football team.

Although I cannot know what was in your head at the time, horrified may be a bit strong to characterize your feelings. It was really as simple as the well-connected, lightly qualified then-President of WVU made a move that he thought would solidify his standing rather than be good for the program. The real tragedy was that Garrison's hiring caused some academic staff to move on, including Steve Zdatny, the outstanding chair of the WVU History Department and a wonderful ambassador for the university.

Here are most of the players with eligibility remaining that left WVU as Brown came in or after he was in Morgantown.

Jordan Adams, senior cornerback
Tyrese Allen, redshirt freshman defensive lineman
E.J. Brown, sophomore safety
Matt Jones, senior offensive lineman
Derrek Pitts, junior safety
Kenny Robinson, junior safety
Skyler Simcox, senior placekicker
Dillon Spalding, redshirt freshman receiver
Connor Barwis, Defensive lineman
Jesse Beal, tight end
Matt Bejzak, tight end
Kwincy Hall, slot receiver
Chase Hill, safety
Luke Hogan, placekicker
Kolby Mack, wide receiver
Jaydon McGhee, linebacker
Barry Moreland, cornerback
Rashon Lusane, defensive back
Brady Watson, running back
Marcus Simms, senior wide receiver
Jovanni Stewart, Linebacker

Here are most of the players with eligibility remaining that left WVU as Brown came in or after he was in Morgantown.

Jordan Adams, senior cornerback
Tyrese Allen, redshirt freshman defensive lineman
E.J. Brown, sophomore safety
Matt Jones, senior offensive lineman
Derrek Pitts, junior safety
Kenny Robinson, junior safety
Skyler Simcox, senior placekicker
Dillon Spalding, redshirt freshman receiver
Connor Barwis, Defensive lineman
Jesse Beal, tight end
Matt Bejzak, tight end
Kwincy Hall, slot receiver
Chase Hill, safety
Luke Hogan, placekicker
Kolby Mack, wide receiver
Jaydon McGhee, linebacker
Barry Moreland, cornerback
Rashon Lusane, defensive back
Brady Watson, running back
Marcus Simms, senior wide receiver
Jovanni Stewart, Linebacker

and to follow up on that Stewart marks the fourth defensive player to leave--the third starter at defense for WVU this season to bolt.

and to follow up on that Stewart marks the fourth defensive player to leave--the third starter at defense for WVU this season to bolt.

You make a point. The point is: obviously from their inability to be team players, play by the rules, or have self discipline...the guys who left have done us all a favor as they move into your trash collector universe. Oh, LittleBuckyWucky tries so hard...and is so soft.

It's difficult to make the case that Coach Brown has run anybody off as doofus has claimed. It is possible that a significant number of the recruits that the former staff recruited and Brown re-recruited this past year are better than the players that were on the team. Again, that speaks to an absurd lack of depth that existed in a veteran coach's program in its seventh year and is more of an indictment of the former coach rather than the current coach.

Reactions: Rootmaster
And yet each and everytime a player left during the previous coaching staffs time at WVU--you guessed it-- ITS HOLGORSENS FAULT these same trolls cried.

Now in an astounding act of hypocrisy its the PLAYERS fault hey are gone.

What an incredible bunch of ignoramous trolls on this board.

Another sign of an internet troll- always changing their tune, moving the goalposts, when called out and their baseless argument for arguments sake crushed.

First its " you are a $-&/@/&/$/!!- no players left! Provide a list you &&&$$@@-!/!

I provide the list as asked, FACTS ( which as you can see dont go over well with trolls)-- immediate reply as that baseless argument has been debunked? " oh it must have been the players fault"!!

Yet what were they saying just last year when players moved on? You got it- its the coaches fault I tell you!!!

And now their egos are doing backflips as they refuse to admit the incredible stupidity of chasing away the second winningest coach in WVU history. Along with many of the recruits he tried to bring to WVU.

Last edited:
Bucky is winning.

He is making it about Dana vs Neal Brown.

If WVU is going to win in the future these last 6 games will determine that.
WVU is going to have to show some improvement. Maybe not in wins and losses but with players developing.

The corner gets turned everyday. If that continues then you can trust Neal Brown.
Dana has nothing to do with that. He had his chance.

Just when you think Bucky knows something he post BS like this.

I started my trail down the Holgs dislike list after the 2018 season ended when yet again 3 straight losses to end the year. 2018 team was perhaps one of the best offenses at WVU and he failed to get to the final.

5 NFL draftees and still couldn't finish.

Bucky is winning.

He is making it about Dana vs Neal Brown.

If WVU is going to win in the future these last 6 games will determine that.
WVU is going to have to show some improvement. Maybe not in wins and losses but with players developing.

The corner gets turned everyday. If that continues then you can trust Neal Brown.
Dana has nothing to do with that. He had his chance.

Neal Brown has done an exceptional job in IMO. Considering what he had to work with and fighting through so many injures which have continued.

Just when you think Bucky knows something he post BS like this.

I started my trail down the Holgs dislike list after the 2018 season ended when yet again 3 straight losses to end the year. 2018 team was perhaps one of the best offenses at WVU and he failed to get to the final.

5 NFL draftees and still couldn't finish.

Dana is a GREAT offensive coordinator but a mediocre head coach. His downfall usually wasn't the failure of the offense but the failure of the other two aspects of the game. His inability to field even a decent defense kept him from winning the games that mattered most and led to his defection to Houston.

Neal Brown has done an exceptional job in IMO. Considering what he had to work with and fighting through so many injures which have continued.

That has nothing to do with Dana.
Doesn't matter what Brown is giving it matters what he does it with.

That has nothing to do with Dana.
Doesn't matter what Brown is giving it matters what he does it with.

If only you had more credibility than Buck you may have a point. Since you don't, no point for you.

Allen, its your serve. Continue with the aces, sir.

You keep arguing with Bucky.
You aren't winning. Bucky is creating a narrative of Dana vs Neal Brown.

I've already won. He conceded. Begged me to stop replying to his posts.

Keep up.

You still have to defeat Greg before you can take on the champ (that would be me).

You are currently losing this round to Allen so you still have several more contenders to go before you get to me.

So, switch into another of your lame handles and try some more.

This is a message board. You think of me when I am not here. I am winning and don't truthfully care because I post and go.

Continue to let Bucky who is GregJacobs alter continue to post his anti Neal Brown narrative.

Greg/Bucky was anti Dana until he was fired.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT