ADVERTISEMENT

GAME THREAD WVU vs. Oklahoma State

Winning at halftime without creating turnovers....I can't believe it! Let's Gooooooo Mountaineers!

....wow....I think there's a church league bball game not being played due to the refs working this game instead.....

Need to close this out pretty soon. Leave a heavy underdog hang around long enough, and bad things can happen.

We just quit defensively in the final 3 mins. They scored 16 points in just 3 mins on only 8 possessions.

They hit THREE 3's fading away.......and then got a loose ball in final 30 seconds for another three......and got 12-15 points from the guys in stripes on calls where there was NO contact, yet allowed Dax and Beetle get beat to death.

That loss hurt bad. We can't get that win we need to get back on track. The foul situation isn't helping when we get late into these games.

That loss hurt bad. We can't get that win we need to get back on track. The foul situation isn't helping when we get late into these games.

At least 10-12 fouls called on us that are NOT FOULS, and another 10-12 on them that were NOT called.....difference in the game.

Fvck this. I'm done. Losing to 12.5 dogs at home. Shoot under 30% from 3. Put them on the line 36 times. Get completely outhustled. Foul shooters 25 feet from the basket. Pose after blocks. Continuously get called for hand checks and slaps and instead of adapting to the refs, obstinately persist with stupid defensive play. Dribble dribble dribble stand stand stand off-balance, challenged shot with 5 left on the shot clock.

One thing that can be said about this team, they have consistently been one of the least pleasant, frustrating teams to watch, win or lose, in recent memory.

Fvck this. I'm done. Losing to 12.5 dogs at home. Shoot under 30% from 3. Put them on the line 36 times. Get completely outhustled. Foul shooters 25 feet from the basket. Pose after blocks. Continuously get called for hand checks and slaps and instead of adapting to the refs, obstinately persist with stupid defensive play. Dribble dribble dribble stand stand stand off-balance, challenged shot with 5 left on the shot clock.

One thing that can be said about this team, they have consistently been one of the least pleasant, frustrating teams to watch, win or lose, in recent memory.

We "put them" on the line 36 times? How about the guys in stripes put them on the line for at least 12-16 shots.......NO CONTACT fouls.....

It is incumbent on the players to adjust their play to the refs. I agree these officials sucked, but did they swallow their whistles after our guys complained? No, so it's up to the player to adjust accordingly.

What were totals on team fouls? ...........

No clue, but you can't look at that because there were at least 6 fouls called on WVU where there was no foul......especially at the end when Carter was called for one on the rebound........

....welp, win some, lose some...it does look like the effort goes away late in each half....gotta get that fixed before tourney time....& have we won a game on ESPN main channel?....

It is incumbent on the players to adjust their play to the refs. I agree these officials sucked, but did they swallow their whistles after our guys complained? No, so it's up to the player to adjust accordingly.

You aren't understanding, it was the calls where our guys did NOT foul that killed this game.....for example the call on Beetle for "reaching in" on the OSU player as he shot the ball and Sags swatted it.......NO FOUL......NO CONTACT......

You aren't understanding, it was the calls where our guys did NOT foul that killed this game.....for example the call on Beetle for "reaching in" on the OSU player as he shot the ball and Sags swatted it.......NO FOUL......NO CONTACT......

The aroma of sour grapes is evident.

Want some cheese with that whine?

The fact is, the officials didn't lose the game, the players did. They gave up how many 3-pointers in the final 8 minutes? Good teams don't do that. There were probably 30 calls in that game that could have gone either way. Officiating had nothing to do with the outcome. Leaving wide open shooters behind the 3-point line and not rebounding had everything to do with the outcome.

The aroma of sour grapes is evident.

Want some cheese with that whine?

The fact is, the officials didn't lose the game, the players did. They gave up how many 3-pointers in the final 8 minutes? Good teams don't do that. There were probably 30 calls in that game that could have gone either way. Officiating had nothing to do with the outcome. Leaving wide open shooters behind the 3-point line and not rebounding had everything to do with the outcome.

You love it when we lose.......

Reactions: ChattanoogaEER
Yes, the one on Bolden and Carter were complete BS and I don't blame them at all on those "fouls." The rest, however...

Kelly Self, Antinio Petty and Marques Pettigrew. These were awful officiating crew. No flow to the game was allowed. Total 64 foul shots attempted combined. These refs blew often.

Kelly Self, Antinio Petty and Marques Pettigrew. These were awful officiating crew. No flow to the game was allowed. Total 64 foul shots attempted combined. These refs blew often.
Officiating is so bad anymore it's hard to say one crew is worse than others. Regardless of that we can't drop a game like this one.

What a disappointing day. This team just looses focus sometimes. Gets lost in the game. We should have won, but we lost.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT