ADVERTISEMENT

GAME THREAD West Virginia football at Oklahoma

WVU-football-Rich-Rodriguez-closeup.jpg

VS

WVU-Football-Neal-Brown-Front-1.jpg
Still living 15 years in the past? Like most of southern West Virginians are.

Reactions: Jason Voorhees
Dissapointing loss. Interesting that Oklahoma fans were calling for their freshman QB to play instead of Rattler. He is certainly no Heisman candidate from what I've seen although Oklahomas slippery receivers will probably make him look better than he is. I liked the fact that Green got to throw some passes. Hopefully he will get to throw over the middle and throw some slants in the coming games. Is Doege is the best we really have at throwing the deep ball? From what I've seen we only have a slim chance of a successful throw past 30 yards or so. I'll keep watching if only to see how Green develops and to see if any other quarterback gets to see the field.

Green in too much? Who scored the only touchdown of the game for WVU and was on the goalie a second time?
Tylerite is a Crowder guy, and to be fair, I think Crowder has a way better arm than Doege, but behind this OL, he would get rattled. Greene provided the only TD and also the only drive deep into the red zone in the 2nd half maybe all season aside from LIU. Tylerite's bias clouds his vision. Almost as if he doesn't even watch the games at all.

Edit: I think either Greene or Crowder would've hit that wide open WR in the end zone for a TD after the false start penalty.

Last edited:
OU held to 6 in 2nd half. & first half. Oline blew 2 scoring chances.

Exactly. The defense has played very well. Not perfect, but can't ask for much more from them over the last 2 games. The offense has been embarrassingly inept for at least half a game this year outside of the little sister's of the poor and doesn't look at all better than last year.

Exactly. The defense has played very well. Not perfect, but can't ask for much more from them over the last 2 games. The offense has been embarrassingly inept for at least half a game this year outside of the little sister's of the poor and doesn't look at all better than last year.
Agreed and what is frustrating is that all we heard is how Doege improved his game in the offseason and was the most improved player in camp. He's off to the worst start in his career. I was actually excited about Doege coming into the season, and then after Maryland I realized all the talk was just camp fodder to keep the fans excited.

Stewart choked and couldnt get to the BCS bowl either.

It was pretty much Stewart's team that Dana took over to start the season and if Cincy or Louisville hadn't shat the bed equally to Dana's vs Syracuse, WVU doesn't make the BCS bowl. It was solely because WVU was ranked higher in the BCS, due to preseason hype and the more talented roster, which were Stewart's doing. You can argue which one is better, but to say Holgorsen is clearly the better coach without exception doesn't have supporting evidence.

Tylerite is a Crowder guy, and to be fair, I think Crowder has a way better arm than Doege, but behind this OL, he would get rattled. Greene provided the only TD and also the only drive deep into the red zone in the 2nd half maybe all season aside from LIU. Tylerite's bias clouds his vision. Almost as if he doesn't even watch the games at all.

Edit: I think either Greene or Crowder would've hit that wide open WR in the end zone for a TD after the false start penalty.
This is where you are wrong. I'm a WVU guy, and I have witnessed and seen what the 3 QBs do. Greene was put in down in the red zone, he did not drive the offense there. Same as Leddie running 70 yards on the drive, then put Mathis in to score. from 5 yards out.

Greene would never hold up the whole game running, even the announcers saw this, stating that WVU inflated Greene's height and weight, which we all already knew. And his arm is not there yet, if it will ever be, to make the D1 passes necessary. Elite 11 Camp throwing doesn't translate to actual live performance. Doege, even with his shortcomings, does have the experience to run the offense how Neal wants it. Coach Brown sees this in practice everyday.

Reactions: WVUALLEN
Look worse than last year to me. They look like they did in the bowl game.

I was extremely optimistic for NB's hiring. However, apart from last week (which was really a sigh of relief due to the coaching staff's ineptitude), has there been a moment in three years where you felt like the team turned a corner and expected a win the following the week (that didn't include a bottom dweller)?

I'll be honest, the last "turned corned" I felt was 05 against Louisville. Of course I felt good about games after that specific one, but the 05 UL game was the last time I went from wondering if my team was good to being excited for the next week. From early 05 to 08 every WVU fan expected exciting, efficient, knock the opponent's dick in the dirty play. We haven't had that since that night in AZ against OU. Not even close. Not even the weird Orange Bowl that oddly feels like an afterthought. And that's a problem. I don't like RR, but not since his time here as WVU felt like like anything special. Stewart was a dud. Dana was a flash in the pan. Neal is something meh, so far.

When it comes down to it, we fans just want to come into games expecting to have fun, and hopefully, to win. Right now, we're getting neither.
Can't deny that. But right now we only have 1 side of a team. A defense that works their butts off only to have an offense move backwards.

Reactions: Rootmaster
Can't deny that. But right now we only have 1 side of a team. A defense that works their butts off only to have an offense move backwards.
And who is the HC that also calls the offensive plays and gets more cautious as the game goes on? And who is the HC who insists on playing a clearly incompetent QB? Good old Neal. The problem with this team is the SJW with the sun visor cap and clipboard roaming the sidelines. Good old Neal.

And who is the HC that also calls the offensive plays and gets more cautious as the game goes on? And who is the HC who insists on playing a clearly incompetent QB? Good old Neal. The problem with this team is the SJW with the sun visor cap and clipboard roaming the sidelines. Good old Neal.
You fail again fraud. Take your liberal ass and move on troll.

Gerad Parker is in his second year as the offensive coordinator and wide receivers coach at West Virginia.

Chads Scott Co-Offensive Coordinator/Running Backs

You fail again fraud. Take your liberal ass and move on troll.

Gerad Parker is in his second year as the offensive coordinator and wide receivers coach at West Virginia.

Chads Scott Co-Offensive Coordinator/Running Backs
Hello again fake Trumper and Joe Biden suckoff...you just can't stand it when I'm right can you? Head Clown Neal is Mr. Mediocre himself. But then that defines you too.

This is where you are wrong. I'm a WVU guy, and I have witnessed and seen what the 3 QBs do. Greene was put in down in the red zone, he did not drive the offense there. Same as Leddie running 70 yards on the drive, then put Mathis in to score. from 5 yards out.

Greene would never hold up the whole game running, even the announcers saw this, stating that WVU inflated Greene's height and weight, which we all already knew. And his arm is not there yet, if it will ever be, to make the D1 passes necessary. Elite 11 Camp throwing doesn't translate to actual live performance. Doege, even with his shortcomings, does have the experience to run the offense how Neal wants it. Coach Brown sees this in practice everyday.
You obviously havent witnessed all of what you say. Greene was put in down in the red zone when he ran for his TD. That was in the first half. Flip the script, in the second half he led the team all the way down the field on his own and then Brown put Doege in after the false start and he missed a wide open TD. You must have missed all of that. It was honestly the best 2nd half drive we've had all season. Crowder has only played against LIU, which hardly counts.

Greene has held up in the running game. He's averaging 7 yards per carry for a reason. You are putting too much stock in size. Pat White wasnt much bigger, ans honestly Greene looks more ripped than White did despite only being 5'11"-6' tall. I remember watching soooo many people say White would never hold up running. Sometimes, people just dont really know what they are talking about.

You obviously havent witnessed all of what you say. Greene was put in down in the red zone when he ran for his TD. That was in the first half. Flip the script, in the second half he led the team all the way down the field on his own and then Brown put Doege in after the false start and he missed a wide open TD. You must have missed all of that. It was honestly the best 2nd half drive we've had all season. Crowder has only played against LIU, which hardly counts.

Greene has held up in the running game. He's averaging 7 yards per carry for a reason. You are putting too much stock in size. Pat White wasnt much bigger, ans honestly Greene looks more ripped than White did despite only being 5'11"-6' tall. I remember watching soooo many people say White would never hold up running. Sometimes, people just dont really know what they are talking about.
Green is not as fast or as elusive as Pat White, sometimes some don't want to know the whole story

Green is not as fast or as elusive as Pat White, sometimes some don't want to know the whole story
Dude, you didnt even know Greene led the team down the field in the second half lol. Sorry but you have zero credibility. You're just a bitter little kid with no substance to backup any debate you try to bring. Keep talking, but no one cares except you and Allen. Try to start paying attention to the games. That would be a good place to start.

Discipline, penalties and play calling AGAIN. I guess according to some Brown only has to answer for play calling so good for him...

Reactions: SKYHAWKBALL
Dude, you didnt even know Greene led the team down the field in the second half lol. Sorry but you have zero credibility. You're just a bitter little kid with no substance to backup any debate you try to bring. Keep talking, but no one cares except you and Allen. Try to start paying attention to the games. That would be a good place to start.
Lol, just cause I didn’t mention the non touchdown drive doesn’t mean I wasn’t watching. You have absolutely no worth of anything. Trying to prove your absolute hate of Doege by slobbering over a kid that isn’t ready to be the one, cause if he was Brown would be playing him the whole game. You need to grow up.

Lol, just cause I didn’t mention the non touchdown drive doesn’t mean I wasn’t watching. You have absolutely no worth of anything. Trying to prove your absolute hate of Doege by slobbering over a kid that isn’t ready to be the one, cause if he was Brown would be playing him the whole game. You need to grow up.
You need to grab your teddy bear and climb back in the top bunk.

Reactions: deedoubleyou

White would run circles around Greene and you know it. Pat White got injured plenty.

White would run circles around Greene and you know it. Pat White got injured plenty.
Who ever said Greene is better or as good as White? That is what you and Tylerite conjure up in your minds because people have compared their styles of play. They are both dual threat QBs. WV has a history of doing well with duel threat QBs. The only QB people are saying Greene is better than is Doege. I dont know where you all come up with this shit. I said I remember people saying Pat White was going to get killed running and that somehow translates into me saying Greene is better than White. There is one area Greene is ahead of White at this point in his career and that is pure arm strength. Look it up.

Who ever said Greene is better or as good as White? That is what you and Tylerite conjure up in your minds because people have compared their styles of play. They are both dual threat QBs. WV has a history of doing well with duel threat QBs. The only QB people are saying Greene is better than is Doege. I dont know where you all come up with this shit. I said I remember people saying Pat White was going to get killed running and that somehow translates into me saying Greene is better than White. There is one area Greene is ahead of White at this point in his career and that is pure arm strength. Look it up.
If he had pure arm strength, then he would be in there throwing the ball. Maybe that time will come, but I won't hold my breathe. Elite 11 camp is not the same as live game or practice against an opponent.
I, hopefully you do too, want WVU to win, but it is obvious Brown knows Greene can't do it for the whole game. So it really doesn't matter what either of us or any other fan wants. You have your opinion and that's ok.

Brown will never, NEVER have WVU in a position like that and deep down you know it.
I don't know that and either do you. In year three RR started the season 1-3 and lost to a cincy team from conference usa at home. It took RR 5 years to get over the hump paying a much weaker schedule.

How long will you give Greene before you start bitching like a little girl?

1 game, 2 games.

Our fans are the worst fans in college football.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT