ADVERTISEMENT

GAME THREAD West Virginia basketball at UCF

Why do kids not use the backboard anymore? Geez. Half those missed and altered layups might have gone in if they ever used the backboard
Nobody teaches it anymore. How many NBA players still use the backboard?

I sure hope someone on staff sends this game up the ladder on this officiating crew. Will hate seeing these guys again.

Reactions: wvpaper
Why do kids not use the backboard anymore? Geez. Half those missed and altered layups might have gone in if they ever used the backboard
lost skill. like many others. basketball snd boxing are the only sports that have regressed over the last 30 years.

that said, tough to make a layup when you’re taking a body shot

Reactions: jlaudiomaster
Basketball has not regressed. Very dumb comment. The sport continues to evolve as with the skills as do most sports.

Basketball has regressed for a number of reasons. No way any NBA team of today could beat MJ's Bulls teams of the day. There is a lack of defensive skill that used to be there before the NBA went full euro. There is a lack of discipline that more younger players from all sports display, that they didnt so much years ago. There is a lack of pride, team attitude, work ethic and humbleness that used to be there much more back in the day. Its not gone but its on its way to that. I personally think a lof of sports have regressed at this point, and many of the top teams of today would get scrubbed by teams of the 90's if time travel were possible....

Unfair comment after beating Kansas,
but West Virginia looked flat vs UCF.

Kick Ass at home, get smoked on the road- no matter the coaching.

West Virginia Montra it seems.

Basketball has not regressed. Very dumb comment. The sport continues to evolve as with the skills as do most sports.
regressed is probably not the right word but its changed..fouls aren't called as much as in the past..hand checks used to be as well as player displacement...you can routinely watch a game and see players backed out of the box..which should be a foul...the shorter PG with the passing and dribbling skills has been eliminated..sorry Jordan Mccabe..

regressed is probably not the right word but its changed..fouls aren't called as much as in the past..hand checks used to be as well as player displacement...you can routinely watch a game and see players backed out of the box..which should be a foul...the shorter PG with the passing and dribbling skills has been eliminated..sorry Jordan Mccabe..
Yes, it has changed. I used the word evolve. Same difference. But make no mistake, players continue to get bigger, stronger, more athletic and different skills improve while some get emphasized less. The skill I see as a basketball referee every week versus when I played as an above average player in the 70's and 80's, no comparison.

Yes, it has changed. I used the word evolve. Same difference. But make no mistake, players continue to get bigger, stronger, more athletic and different skills improve while some get emphasized less. The skill I see as a basketball referee every week versus when I played as an above average player in the 70's and 80's, no comparison.
yes they are.. and I don't like what has happened to baseball...players like Tony Gynn and Pete Rose wouldn't have a chance to play in this day of metrics

yes they are.. and I don't like what has happened to baseball...players like Tony Gynn and Pete Rose wouldn't have a chance to play in this day of metrics
Oh, I don't know if I agree. Great players in the past would be great in any era. Especially baseball. At least that is my opinion and it is a great argument to have over pitchers of beer

Reactions: WVUALLEN
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT