ADVERTISEMENT

Time to drop the puck

Traveling tonight and just turned on the game on the Web....Pens had 3 unassisted goals in the 2nd period ?? Been watching hockey since the early 70's and don't recall ever seeing (or hearing about) anything like that.

What the story.....great individual Pens efforts, or is Vegas giving up the disc like it's got the plague ??

Reactions: torontoeers
Traveling tonight and just turned on the game on the Web....Pens had 3 unassisted goals in the 2nd period ?? Been watching hockey since the early 70's and don't recall ever seeing (or hearing about) anything like that.

What the story.....great individual Pens efforts, or is Vegas giving up the disc like it's got the plague ??
I'd say simply....PK and Jake seem to have LASER sights tonight...a bit more jam up front anyway, and DeSmith with a key save or 2...

Vegas had 76 shot attempts (and 37 SOG) versus 41 attempts (and 22 SOG) for the Pens. I realize SOG (and attempts) often don't tell the story of the game, but they don't look very good to me.

But a win IS a win.....and the team needed one after the turd they dropped on Saturday.

Vegas had 76 shot attempts (and 37 SOG) versus 41 attempts (and 22 SOG) for the Pens. I realize SOG (and attempts) often don't tell the story of the game, but they don't look very good to me.

But a win IS a win.....and the team needed one after the turd they dropped on Saturday.
Not perfect by any stretch but as you were wondering earlier, Vegas did have a few giveaways, DeSmith solid, and when given the opportunity our guys made NO mistake...although Sid had a chance or two I KNOW he'd love to have back...
Let's exact some revenge on the Habs Saturday and keep er rolling...

Not perfect by any stretch but as you were wondering earlier, Vegas did have a few giveaways, DeSmith solid, and when given the opportunity our guys made NO mistake...although Sid had a chance or two I KNOW he'd love to have back...Let's exact some revenge on the Habs Saturday and keep er rolling...

I did see the replays of Thrill's HT.....and he was a legitimate sniper on each score (especially the first one).

they are playing "show off" hockey. always have, always will.

they are playing "show off" hockey. always have, always will.

If you watched the game last night you would have seen Sid take one shot (tried a one-timer and missed the net). He officially had 0 shots. He had at least 2 glorious chances with one on his deadly backhand.....passed both. I will go to my grave not understanding that nonsense.

If you watched the game last night you would have seen Sid take one shot (tried a one-timer and missed the net). He officially had 0 shots. He had at least 2 glorious chances with one on his deadly backhand.....passed both. I will go to my grave not understanding that nonsense.

circus has been in town since yesterday in 1984.

So guys...had a few...but tell it best I can....my BIG lug Newf dog left this world this aft at around 2pm. Crushed....my wife was here with him at the time while I was at work. He was sick but I never figured...I said fight on I see ya when we get home as I left this am...
I wouldn't normally but you all watch and bitch/moan/complain/cheer with me along the way...he was by my side thru all of it literally. He'd watch EVERY Pens /EERS game, his head on my knee or lie beside me. He would read my emotions... @Euell knows all bout him. Tomorrow night (we got 2!), not the same...just broken...
A pic of my gentle giant as well as his and his sisters instagram. Even if you dont follow it the link pics will show up...I'm gonna miss him even more tomorrow...he leveled me...
https://www.instagram.com/chevy_and_miya_newfdog_rescues/

bzjiFx.jpg

p0maw1.jpg

So guys...had a few...but tell it best I can....my BIG lug Newf dog left this world this aft at around 2pm. Crushed....my wife was here with him at the time while I was at work. He was sick but I never figured...I said fight on I see ya when we get home as I left this am...
I wouldn't normally but you all watch and bitch/moan/complain/cheer with me along the way...he was by my side thru all of it literally. He'd watch EVERY Pens /EERS game, his head on my knee or lie beside me. He would read my emotions... @Euell knows all bout him. Tomorrow night (we got 2!), not the same...just broken...
A pic of my gentle giant as well as his and his sisters instagram. Even if you dont follow it the link pics will show up...I'm gonna miss him even more tomorrow...he leveled me...

bzjiFx.jpg

p0maw1.jpg
"T", My deepest condolences to you and your lovely wife. I know you provided the best of care and home to this wonderful lad and it it readily apparent the bond you all shared along with his sister. Your Mountaineer and Penguin fans share your grief and are thinking of you guys during this difficult time!

bzjiFx.jpg

p0maw1.jpg

Dang man. I'm sorry for your losss.

Have a better day today.

bzjiFx.jpg

p0maw1.jpg

Oh my....... [crying]

bzjiFx.jpg

p0maw1.jpg

It's a shame man. I'm sorry. They don't live long enough.

Pathetic vs a freakin retread in the SO....nevermind the fact they had a half dozen chances before it even got there
..So angry....
May as well tune back in to Ames and complete the BEATDOWN!
THE ASSHATS that were claiming a 30 point win? Ya...good call.

Just to make everyone feel better, if my math is correct, Austin Matthews has as many goals as Sid has shots this year so far.

Looks like the early smart money on Schultzie is a serious injury......a fractured lower leg or ankle, or perhaps an Achilles tendon. Whatever, he's probably gone for an extended interval; hope it's a fracture, frankly, because an Achilles probably cooks him for the entire season.

Looks like the early smart money on Schultzie is a serious injury......a fractured lower leg or ankle, or perhaps an Achilles tendon. Whatever, he's probably gone for an extended interval; hope it's a fracture, frankly, because an Achilles probably cooks him for the entire season.
That's not good.

Broken lower leg for Schultzie......surgery this morning, out 4 months.

Broken lower leg for Schultzie......surgery this morning, out 4 months.
I've doubted the D core before (during the two recent Cup runs specifically) and was proven wrong by their ability to do just enough to get by...however with the way this team has started off, the loss of our imo most valuable D man for that long? ....it's not overly daring of me to say, doomed....gonna need to score 8 or 9 goals a game now...I felt sick on Saturday night, today I think its become a case of botulism....

The Leaves are gonna completely BLAST us on Thursday night here....good times for a Black and Gold fella in a sea of Blue and White disease ASSHATS....Good grief...somebody save me ...

this pens game needs to get here so I can have something to be pissed about that doesn't involve a balding midget.

Reactions: DocEER
ADVERTISEMENT